Complaints & Reviews

Refund

I bought a Groupon for a weekend stay at a local hotel. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic the hotel closed a few days prior to our reservation. The hotel assured us Groupon would refund our costs. Sure enough a couple of days later Groupon sent an email saying they were going to provide a full refund. A subsequent email from Groupon then indicated my refund would be in the form of Groupon bucks and was this resolution acceptable. I quickly informed them it was not and wanted my refund in the same form in which it was paid. Groupon is refusing to give me my money back

Quality of Food

I was a returning customer for "Kenny Ribs" located in Country Club Hill, IL. I am on longer one because, after my last two visits, on 2/18 and 2/27/2020, I received rib tips that were 50% bone, 25% meat and 25% fat. I don't know what happened to the quality of food they used to serve! Although I must admit the cashier and cook are very friendly, he (the cook) has to know that the meat served is of poor quality. Imagine purchasing a large rib tip meal, for approximately $19.75, and you receive 50% bone, 25% meat and 25% fat. Also note: I always have to spend additional out of pocket funds in order to use the groupon...if the groupon is for $20, you must purchase additional food in order to reach the intended amount of the groupon, otherwise they won't accept it. For example, I may have to buy an order of fries, which cost a little over $2.00, to meet the 25 cent needed to use the $20 groupon.

I will continue to use Groupon for future purchases, just not at this location. I am quite disappointed that I spent, on the 14 of Feb, $27.11 and on the 26th of Feb, $19.20 for fatty rib tips.

The reason I chose this location, initially, was because I had been buying a variety of foods from them in the past and was pleased with my purchases.

OC Detailing, Spokane Valley, WA

I have all docs and a video. Groupon purchased at $80.00 as Christmas present; interior cleaning of automobile.
**Initial call to OC Detail, no return call, had to call back.
**groupon recipient made appointment for this morning; he says be there at 9am.
**went as directed, owner not there to accept car. To leave car needed ride from my wife.
**at 1:39pm today, owner calls me telling me it's dirty and an additional $100.00 "GROUPON SHOWS $159.00 VALUE". I HAVE THE COPY.
**I had to go pick up my daughter to go get the car, which he said, have it here by 9am, but had not started on it by 2:00pm.
**We picked up car, so wasted gas twice by car to be detailed, wasted time and gas for my wife this morning, and my car this afternoon.
**We get there to pick up car, all doors locked, the overhead door open 3 feet, had to yell to say hello. They habded keys back under partially raised door. ALSO, no nam eof company, nothing.

SO.lt's see value as you stated vis groupon $159.00 I paid $80.00 He asked for $100.00 THIS IS A SCAM. I will never use Groupon again, I want a refund asap. Rediculous...
R.Larner
Video of car condition available, as well as time stamp for detailer phone call.

groupon select

I joined Groupon Select for the 6 month required period. I have no complaints about Groupon Select itself, I joined for a reason - met my objective and made a reminder to cancel after 6 months.

My complaint has to do with cancelling. Like any other subscription service, you have to cancel EXACTLY how it is detailed in their instructions.

I did that. But, it never acknowledged that I cancelled the membership. To make sure that I cancelled things correctly, I took screen shots. I took a screen shot showing I had paid for the 6 months. I took screen shots of the cancellation policy in place. I took screen shots of performing the cancellation procedure.

It didn't help. When I contacted Groupon via Chat, they asked for the screen shots, which I provided. Then they asked for mail evidence of the cancellation.

DUH! What mail evidence? The reason I took screen shots is because I could tell the on-line cancellation procedure wasn't working.

They did cancel it via Chat. But I knew it wasn't going to get cancelled without a fight and I was right.

customer support: contact us

Their 877 customer support phone number is just a message that redirects to the website. The website supposedly won't let one contact a person without signing in or identifying the order. Once signed in, one must "select an order to get started." there are options to change aspects of the order if you select an order.in my case, one of those buttons is creating an error code. I've scoured endlessly. There is absolutely no way to contact a person, despite groupon claiming to have one. Not even a forum. This is just rude and uncalled for. I'm left in the dark with my order. I will have to take legal action to get my money back.

complaint

A local supermarket was having a really great groupon deal, so I signed up for a groupon account and bought the deal. Seems simple right. Not when it comes to Groupon. My order first said it was pending processing all day. When it was never processed, Groupon customer service available via live chat assured me it was all fixed and that my order would be processed soon...that was more than a day ago and I have received no resolution or explanation from Groupon. I now remember whey I didn't have a Groupon account in the first place...I am a very busy single mom and just don't have time to spend an entire day on something that should take five seconds.

groupon select

I used groupon one time several years ago, and decided to try them again this past summer. I purchased one Groupon for $9 off sushi at a restaurant in Orlando in July.

To redeeem the groupon, in September, I downloaded the APP to display the groupon easily. Shortly thereafter I have two charges for $4.99 one dated September 19th, and one dated September 20th. I am told these charges are for GROUPON select. I never signed up for the service. They claim I did. I see others have this same experience. I have contested these charges with my bank.

I believe this company is engaged in FRAUD, as they refused to refund these unauthorized charges to my card. I am [protected]@hotmail.com and willing to join with others in a class action lawsuit against the Company.

Groupon.com verified

las vegas food and wine festival groupon

I purchased a Groupon for the Las Vegas Food and Wine Festival scheduled for October 5, 2019, several weeks in advance. Before the event, my mom passed away and her funeral services would be held on the same day (October 5, 2019) as the festival in Illinois. I contacted Groupon before flying out to see if I could have this Groupon returned for Groupon bucks I could use in the future. I was told by a representative that there was nothing they could do. This shouldn't be in extreme emergencies there is nothing they can do, even the airline industry has more heart than Groupon. I would never purchase again from a company that lacks compassion in the midst of such a devastating event. I would also not recommend to anyone else to buy from Groupon especially for advance events. God forbid a life changing event happens, Groupon simply doesn't not care.

christmas stockings

I purchased 4 personalized Christmas stockings from your company through Groupon early this morning. When I went to personalize them, Qualtry said I would have to pay an additional $11 per stocking to ship. That's $44 plus the what I already paid. I want to cancel this order! I've been online trying to get help with this for hours. Groupon says I have to contact you. You say you cannot refund, it has to be Groupon. I'm so exhausted and frustrated. Please help me!!!

Groupon.com verified

unable to redeem groupon voucher due to ineligibility

I purchased the groupon voucher I think in February of this year. On my first visit for the...

victory casino coupons

On August 27, 2019 I was charged to my TD Bank two amounts: 52.00 and $104.00. I did ordered the special for $52.00. As of today I have not received the coupons in my e-mail which is [protected]@yahoo.com. I have tried to reach and did talk with one of the service customer and as today Have not received and answer. I am very frustrated because of customer service which have not taken any action.
Please review and credit my TD Bank for all the transaction made to my account do that right now I am very annoy.

Awilda Coira
[protected]

buying a groupon.

I purchased a hair salon groupon.the salon would not honor it.I contacted groupon.they let me trade it for another .one.I had to pay 7 more dollars also.this salon also would not honor this one.the stylist said you have to pay me.I don't accept groupon.it was her and her salon.she said I could get a refund.customer service at groupon.said I would get a refund.they only refunded $7. The rest is groupon.bucks.dis honest.I don't have to accept.anymore worthless groupon s that salons s refuse to honor.they are telling me groupon.has reduced how much they get from purchased groupon s.so they are refusing to honor them so groupon is keeping my money.pretending in going to get something for my money.I don't have to keep trading groupon s for another worthless one.I am owed a refund.they send e mails asking if I need anymore help.I reply.a e mail comes back e mail address no longer available.they are a dis honest bad business to me.I want my full refund.since I got no salon services.it is very hard to find he customer service.they try and keep you from finding it.lots more bad reviews i have found

refund not granted

I purchased 3 vouchers from Groupon. I used one on 8/9/2019 and contracted a skin rash, an URI and a stomach virus. They have had numerous complaints including being shut down 3x! I have requested a refund on the other 2 vouchers and no one has contacted me at Groupon and their phone number does not let you speak to a live human or even a recording. Groupon should not be advertising an establishment that has broken many legal codes and health codes. I will go to every agency there is until this is resolved.

pitbull tickets

I submitted a purchase for 4 Pitbull tickets yesterday. My order went to 'processing 'status.
I emailed to find out why. I was told my credit card was the problem. This was the same card that had successfully purchased a groupon earlier the same day.
I verified the credit card info and purchased 4 tix again. Again they went to 'processing status'.
I emailed to find out why and was again told it was my credit card.
I entered a new credit card and purchased 4 tix yet again. Same 'processing' limbo. Same response that it was my credit card.
Today the orders have vanished and customer service now informs me that the reseller stopped fulfilling orders.
#1 - I was lied to about the credit card issue
#2 - if they rean out of tickets, why did they keep allowing purchases?
I have been cheated out of tickets and want someone to call me back. I did request that a supervisor call but nothing.

bubble spa purchase

I purchased a bubble spa on Groupon. Cost $409.99. Delivered withbut a defective heater. I called the vendor and after extended wait was told they would call me in 2 business days with a fix. When no call came, I waited an hour on hold & left recorded message asking for a resolution. Days later Groupon claims they fully refunded. No refund received

Groupon.com verified

oil change groupon for jacks muffler and car repair.

I payed $25.00 for an oil change. When it was done I was handed another bill for an additional...

unauthorized debit card charges

Their Representative was so uncaring and had no interest or empathy at all to try to help me with some unauthorized purchases.. if you look at my years of ordering and order history I have never had any disputes or problems with Groupon. a few mos ago I ordered two sets of satin sheets and until recently a pleased customer. Recently Three sets of these sheets has been unauthorized purchases on my card. Two were made that generated the chat call. I did not know of the purchases until I saw a confirmation email. Tried calling to no avail and directed to your chat which was awful. Immediately after got off the chat line another set was charged on my card and unauthorized. Was informed nothing could be done until I received order than I could return for refund. You are emptying my checking acct out with these unauthorized purchases. Will be seeing my bank first thing in the morning to block groupon from taking any more funds out of my acct. Your policy is terrible and even though I have been doing business for several yrs will discontinue all purchases with groupon. Your customer service recently is the worst have ever experienced and your policy way below unsatisfactory. If this is how you treat a loyal customer I want no part of this company. I am requesting all my monies to be refunded back to my checking acct immediately. I am done with groupon due to your unsatisfactory customer service, unfair practices and unauthorized charges.

face product

I purchased this product only to find out I didn't have the right phone to use the voucher. Groupon billed Pay Pal and American Express I never authorized this charge twice the amount is $149.00. I also had 2 Groupon that expired I they locked me out of my account. This issue has been going on since Jan 2019 I have tried calling them and I get someone overseas !! I never received the product !!!

sales harassment

Groupon has been repeatedly calling and emailing us about advertising. We can recall at least 3 months of calls and emails, maybe more. We told them months ago we do not want to advertise with them. They continually call and tie up the phone lines, we are a medical office with patients who cannot get through when they are calling after we asked them not to- we have a list of multiple patients who have had to leave messages when they call because Groupon will not stop talking and the staff has been intimidated. (I have since advised them to just hang up). Today, 070819, "Angello Bray" from Groupon called and I asked him to take us off of their call list and stop emailing us and he fully denied that request. I told him that we do not want to do business with Groupon. He proceeded to tell me that "If you don't want any more customers than you are sad" and he continued with several more insults. I asked for a supervisor and he refused. I asked for the department that would handle complaints and he refused. I asked for a return phone number for Groupon and he refused. After I hung up the phone he emailed us, after I advised that we dont want any more phone calls or emails.

car toys

I've had terrible customer service from Car Toys. I bought a groupon to have my car detailed and called to set up an appointment. I was told to bring my car in on June 29th at 10:00 am. I showed up to car toys and they had no appointment for me and the lady next to me had the same problem. We both called and was given an appointment time and when we arrived there was no record of us calling. That's not my only bad experience with car toys. I purchased a car that had no back up camera so I went to car toys to see if they could help me. They showed me some stereos and I decided on one that looked nice and then was told I had to buy a adapter for my 2015 Camaro, OK, i said and we decided what day they could do this. I came into the store to drop my car off and then asked if my controls on the steering wheel was going to work ? Oh no was there reply, there's another adapter you need to buy. Nobody said anything about another adapter at the time of purchase . So I said I didn't want a mickey mouse stereo in my nice car. I bought the other adapter and said is that everything and was assured everything was set. I went to pick up my car and was showed this new stereo that looked very nice except I had to plug the phone in for it to work!!! nobody told me i would have to plug my phone into the car for it to work. I recently had a 2015 Honda civic and didn't have to plug my phone into the stereo for it to work. to me these people only care about making a sale without telling the customer everything that I needed to know before the installation. I was very upset with them and still am and will never step foot into there store again. I posted a bad review on Yelp and Facebook and wasn't surprised to find plenty of other people very unhappy with this company. I would like a refund or credit on the groupon I purchased.

fuji green thai spa

Dear Customer Service,

I bought a Thai Massage for $60 through Groupon on March 16, 2019 and it was immediately marked redeemed. I went to redeem my massage, today (May 3rd, 2019) and discovered this was a scam. In googling the issue I see thirteen other complaints reporting that it is a scam. I would like Groupon to refund my purchase of $60. Please see a photo of the purchase below that have not been able to redeem. It also states that the purchase expires on July 14 2019. I've called the number and there is no answer stating that it is out of service.

My number is [protected]

fuji green thai spa

perfume

I, order a product called Carolina Herrera Good Girl on 03/23/2019.Once I received my package it contained Black is Black Cologne for men.I, returned the package on 04/01/2019 and yet to hear anything.How can a $64.49 product get confused for a $16.?? product being for a man.Not to mention that I was referred to groupon by a very believer person and it was a gift.At least me saying something.I'm learning to believe with in store NOT online.I'm frustrated with this action and SUPER DISAPPOINTED.PLEASE ASSIST ME IN THIS MATTER.Sincere Thanks

teleflora - 2 vouchers on 1 file

I purchase 2 vouchers for a Teleflora Groupon. The 2 vouchers appear separately on My Voucher...

Groupon.com verified

order showed paid/printing showed groupon unavailable

Last night (Sunday night) I ordered a Groupon for my wife. The Groupon had a special price ending that evening. The screen showed it was paid. When I went to print the Groupon, I received a screen that side Groupon was unavailable and that it was not my problem — it was their's.

I went to print this a.m. and discovered the same print problem. Their chat told me that the payment did not go through (I checked and it is true). However, their screens told me it was paid and that Groupon had issues at that time.

I asked for credit for the difference between today's cost and yesterday's. A stone wall.

I tried to send an email using their email function, but every time I typed a key, it erased. I hit send with a blank email regardless. I did receive a return email asking me to explain.

My response email included copies of the screen shots in addition to the narrative. I received a boilerplate email denying anything while being wholly unresponsive to my claim.

Bad ordering application, worse customer service.

Awful.

Groupon.com verified

follow up with pictures/hair service at dana at simply chic hair studio

I previously submitted a complaint. I had highlights done on my hair on 1/4/2018. I wa...

hair service/highlighting

I purchased a groupon for a cut and highlights at Dana at Simply Chic Hair Studio. I arrived and...

ticket

I purchase a ticket for my son didn't. give me an option for a name I assume it would not have a...

deal on 16x12 canvas, ord # [protected]

I've tried to track the order and it always says not found. The payment of $92.90 was taken...

event tickets

On 10/9/18 I purchased 2 Nutracker tickets for the Kansas City Ballet using your service. Order #...

Groupon.com verified

bamboo cutting boards that need to be personalized and redeemed

You have heard this before because even Groupon will not help and tells us to go directly to Qualtry. Website and link do not come up after multiple tries over two hours. The boards are bought through Groupon. A voucher with a Redemption Code is given so when you go to their site you can personalize the cutting board and officially place the order. Cannot link to site. Customer services tells you to send them an emal. Groupon declares in writing that there is a problem with getting through to the company and refers you to Qualtry.

Theft if we have bought and cannot redeem. Qualtry cutting boards

Lynn
Contact information: [protected]@msn.com

printerpix

i ordered a blanket and i have not used voucher - when i hit view voucher i then selected "redeem"...

where is my order

I order and paid for this on sept 13.. I have yet to recieve it. Every time I look it up it says in...

Groupon.com verified

printerpix, bait and switch followed by outright theft. no longer able to contact.

I ordered 5 photo books with a groupon...they sent one and told me I would have to pay an additional $25 to get the rest of my order, I reluctantly paid the money. They have never processed the remainder of the order and have given me the run around when I have contacted them. I have asked them to either fulfill the order or refund my money...now they won't respond and have done neither. DON'T USE PRINTERPIX!!

refund

I ordered 2 tickets for whale watching and I call Groupon tonreasure that I have purchased them but...

catalina flyer tickets

I purchased 2 Catalina Flyer tickets March 30, 2018 order # [protected] from Balboa pier...

payment not received

Hello, I bought a hotel deal in Brussels for 169 Euro on groupon.be on 10th of June 2018. I saw...

customer service availability

I have spent hours in the last week trying to contact chat/customer service for this company. It i...

bubbles carpet cleaning

6/27/18 They showed up, parked in the ally, said they couldn't reach my home(?) and left. I am 72...

merchant services nightmare

I'm incredibly upset with our experience. We've used Groupon for almost 3 years to help promote our spa. Almost every experience I've had has been negative. Everywhere from completely ignoring us to changing our campaign details without our knowledge. My most recent headache has been ending our campaigns altogether. I emailed our rep to let her know we would need to discontinue all our Groupon campaigns and received a reply from her on August 14th letting us know it would take up to 7 business days to be completely taken down. Today is now September 6th and it is still online. This is now the second time this has happened (the first was just pausing a deal) and the only way it's actually taken down is if I threaten to not honor any deals purchased after "x" date. This company is toxic. I wouldn't simply "not recommend, " I would run the other direction.

groupon select

I'm not a user of groupon. I tried it a few times years ago but didn't have good experiences with the deals I purchased. The event tickets weren't as advertised, the metchandise was either subpar or very late in arriving, etc. And obtaining refunds were a nightmare and more than once i was not able to even get a refund but could use the purchase price towards something else with the same company.
So imagine my surprise when i found a charge for 4.99 on my credit card from groupon. I contacted them and stole to customer service online chat...WHAT A FRICKIN NIGHTMARE!!! He asked me to text him a screenshot of my bank statement. I don't think so. I have him all the information though... name, bank name, date, amount, and last four of my credit card. Said someone would get back to be. 3 days later i received email from him saying that he was unable to assist ne with out screenshot of my account statement or copy of it. Again thaty includes a lot of personal information which i am not comfortable sharing with someone, v especially someone i don't know and on line. So i went to ther bank. They showed me how to obtain a copy of jusy the one transaction which i then emailed back to him. He answered me stating that i had enrolled in a program called Groupon Select which was 4.99 a month for 6 months and was not eligible to be canceled during the first 6 months. Why would i sign up for a program with a company I don't buy from? I explained this to him. Again, I'll get back to you. So sorry he says, read tje contract. I asked him for a copy of this contract. I was told thaty he would consult with his supervisor. Today I get email from him saying thaty this is not a case of fraud because I was inquiring about charges for groun select and it was not able to be cancelled. No copy of my contract or proof of my signing up.
No wonder this company has such a bad complaint rate with BBB and consumer affairs! What a FRAUD company! Again this month they have charged my card the 4.99!!!

• 12
    12345likethat Nov 16, 2018

I've spent thousands of $ with Groupon since joining in 2010. I have been a fan... not anymore. I'm canceling my account due to the TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE... and possible FRAUD.

I am having the same experience. GROUPON WILL NOT CANCEL MY GROUPON SELECT CONTRACT. I don't ever remember even signing up for it. They told me I have to pay the monthly fee for 6 months with no ability to cancel.

I have asked Groupon to see a copy of my contract multiple times. They have not shared it with me.

It's only $30. However, it's not about the $. You just DON'T TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THIS.

SHAME ON YOU GROUPON!!!