Having problems with eBay?

eBay reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 2, 2006. The latest review Account suspension due to not providing information timely. was posted on Apr 18, 2021. The latest complaint Sellers protection was resolved on May 05, 2020. eBay has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 593 reviews. eBay has resolved 143 complaints.

eBay Customer Service Contacts

Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

eBay Complaints & Reviews

eBayJacket purchase

EBAY Seller trngu7032
I bought a jacket on eBay months ago it took me forever to get it once I got it it was too small they said this is my fault because they had a size chart well their size chart run small apparently because I ordered a size up and it still did not fit the seller will not take any returns or give any refunds so I am out $80 and eBay will not help so they are not honoring their money back guarantee this is a very bad company I would advise anyone out there not to order on eBay but to use Amazon they are fabulous and honor their words

eBayDr. Seuss Books

I have been a customer for many years. I have decided to boycott your company. It is a very sad decision in my opinion that you have decide to take certain Dr. Seuss books. I believe this is going to hurt your company more than you are anticipating. I am sorry you have become part of the ridiculous over reaching "Cancel Culture." Bye Bye Ebay!

Sincerely,

Veronica Knott

• Cr
        Crystal Williams Rogerson Mar 05, 2021

I totally agree. I just filed a complaint regarding the banning of Dr. Seuss books too. This Cancel Culture is absolutely ridiculous. I can’t believe that the number of people that are outraged over Dr. Seuss books would be greater than those of us that adore them. It is like people are trying to take out anything good, kind and compassionate. I pray for our Country.

Mar 03, 2021

eBay — Order number: [protected]

To whom it may concerns: I am a buyer from eBay. My ID: tinsptr0 On January/ 18/2021 > I purchased a...

Mar 03, 2021

eBay — evga geforce rtx 3080 xc3 ultra 10gb gddr6x graphics card

Based in United States, buyersellerbuyerseller has been an eBay member since Jan 14, 2017 This seller listed...

eBayThermopylae relief wrap ultra

I ordered this item from seller corrine 21. The item arrived defect. It would not heat or massage right out of the package. I went onto purchase history & used "returns" option to fill out a request for a full refund. I am told by eBay by email that the seller is not obligated to give refund. They advertise a "money back guarantee" on their website. I want my full refund.

eBayMisleading item location

I purchased item [protected] on Feb 17 from a seller that listed the item location as Altadena CA . I'm in WA. I chose this seller because Altadena is only 2-3 days shipping to WA. A day after I paid for the item I got FedEx notification that the item would arrive Feb 20.Then I got updated tracking notification that it would ship from New Jersey and a new delivery date of 2-26. It is 2-27 and the Fedex tracking shows it is in Mn. I have complained to EBotched and they in a chat transcript SR-1-[protected] agreed that the seller violated eBay's policies and they have taken corrective action. NOT SO! I have checked on this seller's other listings and he still show the misleading location as Altadena. So Ebay has also mislead me. I may never buy from ebay again because the have lied to me and failed to correct problems with sellers from China that game the system by using item locations in the USA when they ship from China.

eBayTotal Lack of Customer Service

Even though I have MAJOR concerns about the new ebay pay system, I, and others, HAD to sign up. Just a few months into this "servivce", ebay screws up my payout date...They apparently did the same for many sellers, according to a phone rep I spoke with, yet, no announcement was made...My Tuesday payout was moved to the following Tuesday...I spent 5 hours on the phone with what ebay claims is customer service until this issue was semi-resolved..5 hours of being hung up on, disrespected and lied to...Finally, my issue was semi-resolved...Maybe...Is this all ebay can offer? My fees have certainly increased, however, the customer service at the site has gotten worse...MUCH MUCH MUCH worse...Ebay should be ashamed to even offer help if this is as good as they can muster...And whomever told the phone reps to say are sorry should be fired...NO ONE at ebay is sorry about their pathetic customer service, because it NEVER improves...EVER

Marmo Mar 20, 2021

Typical of a fully automated company. You cannot reach anyone to resolve problems. The only way to get a response is to sue locally.

eBayChat person "bong" is a jerk

I listed an item for auction with a buy it now option. When the first bid arrived, the buy it now option went away. I was not aware this would happen and so went on customer service chat. "Bong" let me know that the policy was that the first bid cancelled out the buy it now option. I stated I did not know or like this policy, as it would allow the first .99 cent bidder to ruin the opportunity for future viewers. He said he would bring it to management attention and would I consider that OK. I told him I should reconsider selling on EBAY and he wrote "yes, you should reconsider that".

eBayComputer desk

Sold by aikho_45 (2096)
              Now, my 8th e/mail. Not sure why ebay takes payment immediately, but ties up my whole morning to get response of some kind. Received desk with foreign language, need English instructions/English illustrations. I need my desk setup — please, send instructions to: [protected]@aol.com, AND to my grandson who will assemble: [protected]@gmail.com

Item [protected]
              Order number: [protected]

eBayEbay control of seller's money high fees

Ebay is now requiring sellers to keep their money with ebay and eliminating paypal. Ebay hold sellers money for 4 - 6 days before the seller has access to his money. Paypal was instant. Ebay also decides when the sellers can have their money. They do not allow the seller to keep a portion in the account to cover fees and shipping. The person who designed this obviously does not balance a check book. Ebay system is a bookkeeper nightmare.

• Mo
                    MOverway Feb 15, 2021

I agree 100%. EBay announced this farce saying it would be an overall better experience for both buyers and seller. What a joke. Lower fees. What a joke. Instead of a total of 12.35% +$0.35 per transaction on the selling price including shipping, and paying eBay 10% of the sales tax, sellers are now paying 12.35% of the total including sales tax plus $0.35. In states such as Illinois where the sales tax is 8.5%, it makes your effective fees 13% or more on items not exceeding $7500.
                    As for the statement above concerning the processing times I could not agree more. EBay bought Paypal, forced them down everyone's throat, owned them for a couple tears, then signed a 5 year agreement for Paypal to continue back end processing. In that 7 year span, eBay learned nothing from the company they knew was short term. With Paypal, you got paid and had access to your funds almost immediately. You could use the funds to make purchases, or you could decide when, where and how much you wanted to withdraw. You could have funds in your bank account in minutes for a 1% fee, You could have it in you account in 1-3 days for free. Or you could spend it immediately to generate more fees for eBay. Now with our "better overall experience" you have one choice and that choice is to wait close to a week for eBay to "process" your payment and transfer your funds. I recently sold an item on Thurs evening PST (still within eBay's customer service hours) and as of writing this (Sun night PST) this funds are still "processing". I think "processing" is eBay speak for drawing interest. How can Paypal, Venmo, Zelle and many other funds processing services get done in minutes, sometimes even seconds, what eBay takes days to accomplish. IMHO, another money grab by a large corporation at the expenses of its inconsequential patrons. My eBay selling days are quickly coming to their end.

eBayI have not received a purchase I made in December 2020 for $71.89

I made a purchase from bargainbinmedia for cds. My purchase was made the middle of December 2020 in the amount of $71.89.

Order #[protected] [protected]

If I do not receive either the merchandise or refund, I will have my bank refund the money to me and they can go after bargainbinmedia.

Sincerely

Kathleen Hubbard

eBayFeedback manipulation by falsely claiming extortion.

It seems that sellers are manipulating feedback by falsely claiming purchaser extortion to remove negative reviews made by their clients.

This method significantly disadvantages the purchaser as ebay arbitrarily makes a decision and removes the negitive feedback immediately and without seeking any involvement from the purchasing party. Furthermore this method moves the purchaser into a position where there are no available options to appeal the feedback removal or address the sellers dishonest and manipulative behavior.

Desired policy change:
                    The Ebay not undermine the integrity of the customer feedback process by permanently removing negative feedback without first seeking and considering the input provided by both involved parties .

Incident details:
                    Date: 28th January 2021.
                    Item id: [protected]
                    Seller: bonita777_64

Joe Mortimer Feb 20, 2021

I had same thing happen to me. I purchased a laptop repair service, the guy lives in California (nikos_7398). When he returned my touch screen laptop, the screen was broken. Which will cost me twice what I paid him for the repair service. eBay removed my negative feedback I left him and refused to give me a refund. When I 1st contacted eBay about this problem, they told me this type of service is not allowed on their site, it's been a month and the guy still has his ad running. I contacted Paypal and they too refused my request for a refund. I think these sellers are paying someone off.
                        Beware nikos_7398, he is a rip-off

Joe Mortimer Feb 20, 2021

@Joe Mortimer I forgot to mention:
                        I am also looking for a lawyer to sue eBay and the seller, and maybe Paypal. I'll probly lose, but the publicity it will generate, cause I will let WKBN news know what I am doing, will hurt all of them, even if only a little.

eBayCustomer service did not reverse charge as told?

On January 18th we put up a mamiya camera for sale with an auction and buy it now price ITEM # [protected]. I called customer service on 1/22 to inquire why the "Buy It Now" option had been removed. The representative told me to end the auction and to list it again as a Buy It Now, with make an offer.
                      I followed here instructions and relisted it. It sold on January 26th. I was charged a selling fee on the ended auction as well as the completed Auction. Later I spoke to customer service and the representative told me she would reverse the ended auction fee of #188.21. That was never done. I now understand how the various auctions work. However I was told that that transaction fee would be reversed. How do I accomplish this? You must have notes in my account of the conversations I had with Customer Service.
                      Please reverse that charge as I was informed, That you.
                      Tom nelson (Brady-Nelson)

Jan 27, 2021

eBay — Feedback manipulation and false accusation

I purchased and paid for an item. I later received an email from the seller (not threw ebay) requesting more...

eBayFees not being refunded

I just started listing items on eBay and immediately after the auction was listed, I noticed that there was a reserve price in the auction which was a mistake. I immediately went back in and took out the reserve price and changed it back to an auction with the starting price that I wanted and no reserve. I just saw that my account has been charged $35 for a reserve price auctions even though the listing was changed back to a non-reserve auction.

I have tried to help in contact through eBay multiple times and the message it continuously gives me is "Sorry Gary, live support is currently unavailable".

When I try to use live chat, I always get the message "Sorry, this contact channel Will be closed before an agent is available to speak with you today. Please try again tomorrow". This is the message I'm getting in the morning!

When I call the phone number to talk to somebody there, there's just an automated recording that says eBay no longer provide support through this phone number and that I have to do it online, but apparently there's no way to contact eBay online either, yet they continue to take my money.

How is it right that eBay takes my money even when they shouldn't and yet when there's a problem, there's no way to rectify it? It doesn't appear I have any recourse. To me this is fraudulent and outright theft. If it's happening to me, then it's happening to other people too.

What can I do?

• Ca
                            CatRose Jan 26, 2021

Misery loves company.
                            I've complained to the BBB. WASTE OF TIME.
                            You see, in a fascist nation BIG BUSINESS defends BIG BUSINESS.

eBayTheir egregious business practices

I've been shopping on Ebay for 3 years. NEVER AGAIN.
                          If you order a lot and don't receive your orders OR the order arrives not as described PREPARE for a NIGHTMARE! You will be accused of not following policy... Yes, you will be accused of returning too many items NOT the seller!

Whatever you do on Ebay, do NOT trust advertisements or descriptions on objects sold on Ebay; particularly coming from India and China!!!

If you dispute charges with your credit card company, Ebay will 'punish' you by locking your account.

Ebay has many other egregious business practices, such as making their website as unfriendly as possible: finding items, contacting Ebay directly, very uncaring staff and so much more.

My credit card has had to give me 'courtesy credits" because Ebay has refused to act with ethics.

eBaySold item & shipped to ebay global shipping. EGS lost item & did not contact or reimburse customer.

I received an email from Paypal on stating that they have returned $375.67 from my account to reimburse the buyer for the product that eBay Global Shipping lost. I made several attempts for eBay to take care of the buyer and myself but got nowhere. I continued to get nowhere. Then all this happened with Paypal. I shipped the product and it was received by EGS and I was told via chat that I was not responsible after it reached EGS and that someone would contact buyer which did not happen. This item was rare and I am now without the item, sold $, eBay charges, Paylpal charges, shipping cost and chargeback charges. I have now lost time, money and product due to eBay. I would appreciate help with my issue.

7-26-20 SOLD RARE VINTAGE 1980 STAR WARS TIE BOMBER DIE CAST BY KENNER
                            ITEM# [protected] $375.67 (ITEM$360.77 + SHIPPING $14.90)
                            BOXED ITEM UP AND SHIPPED IT TO ADDRESS SUPPLIED THROUGH EBAY
                            USPS TRACKING # [protected] [protected] SHIP DATE 7-27-20

ALL INFORMATION ABOUT SHIPPING BELOW CAME DIRECTLY FROM EBAY.
                            • Aug 5, 2020

• Customs Cleared
                            LVNKEB tracking #LPKEN000000560135513

8-28-20 CUSTOMER CONTACTED ME VIA EMAIL REGARDING PACKAGE NOT DELIVERED

Hi Robin,
                            Stil no delivery yet? Not panicking yet. During the current times, and many people shipping items and not going out to shop, couriers are busier than ever. What Courier is going to deliver? FedEx, Purolator, or UPS? Do you know? The tracking shows the item is in Canada. I wonder if there is a number to call, or courier to contact for an update? What are your thoughts?

Darren

8-31-20 CONVERSATION WITH ELA MARIE FROM EBAY.
                            I ASKED: CAN YOU CONTACT YOUR CARIIER AND ASK THEM TO INVESTIGATESINCE IT WENT THROGH EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING?
                            ELA REPLY: SURE THING, WE'LL HANDLE IT FROM HERE SINCE GLOBAL SHIPPING IS WITH US AS WELL.
                            I SAID: I WOULD LIKE YOU TO FIND OUT WHERE IT IS AND WHEN IT WILL BE DELIVERED.
                            ELA SAID: AS OF NOW, WHAT YOU CAN SEE THERE IN TRACKING IS WHAT WE CAN SEE HERE ONLY ALSO ROBIN. DUE TO THE DIFFICULT TIMES NOW, WE REALLY CAN'T SAY WHEN WILL THE ITEM BE DELIVERED.
                            MORE CONVERSATION
                            ELA SAID: WE''LL REACH OUT TO THEM TO KNOW THWE SITUATION BUT IF THERE IS ANY UPDATE OR MOVEMENT IN THE SHIPPING IT WILL SHOW UP ON THE GLOBAL TRACKING #
                            9-21-20 CHATTED WITH JOVEN AT EBAY BECAUSE STILL NO ITEM DELIVERED OR REPLY FROM EBAY. TRYING TO BE PATIENT WITH EVERYTHING THAT IS GOING ON.
                            JOVEN SAID: I HAVE MADE A REQUEST AND CONTACTED GLOBAL SHIPPING ABOUT THIS MATTER. PLEASE EXPECT FOR THEM TO REACH OUT TO YOU VIA EMAIL WITHIN 24-72 HOURS.
                            9-21-20 CHATTED WITH KENNETH RUSSEL AT EBAY
                            HE ALSO STATED THAT EGS WOULD CONTACT ME AND THE BUYER DIRECTLY IN 48-72 HOURS.
                            HE ALSO STATED THAT I WAS NOT REQUIRED TO REFUND BUYER.
                            JUST LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU ALREADY GOT IN TOUCH WITH US AND THEY WILL BE CALLED.
                            I SAID: SO DOES THAT MEAN YOU WILL HANDLE EVERYTHING REGARDING HIS REFUND?
                            KENNETH SAID: YES
                            CONTINUED CONVERSATION
                            I SAID: WHAT ABOUT THE PRODUCT/FUNDS? DOES EBAY PAY HIM BACK?
                            KENNETH SAID: YES
                            AND YOU SHOULD STILL GET THE MONEY FOR THE SALE.
                            8-26-20 RECEIVED EMAIL FROM SARAH F.

9-24-20 MEIZI
                            EBAY SELLERS FEE $36.08
                            EBAY CHARGE ON SHIP FEE $1.49
                            ACTUAL SHIPPING TO EGS $9.54
                            TOTAL COST TO ME $459.20
                            SO I DO NOT HAVE MY ITEM AND I AM HAVE NOW LOST $459.20. I DELIVERED THE ITEM TO EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING AND EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING IS RESPONSIBLE FROM THAT POINT FORWARD. I CONTACTED THEM NUMEROUS TIMES. PAYPAL SHOULD HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING. I SENT PAYPAL PROOF THAT ITEM WAS DELIVERED TO EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING BUT THEY STILL TOOK MY MONEY. I HAVE CHATTED, EMAILED, CALLED AND SENT WRITTEN CORRASPONDANCE TO NO AVAIL.

I WOULD LIKE MY MONEY BACK. I WOULD LIKE EBAY TO TAKE RESPOSIBILITY AND DO THE RIGHT THING.
                            This is the letter that I received from Paypal.
                            Dear Robin Voss,
                            We've been working with your buyer's financial institution to resolve the dispute for the transaction detailed below.
                            • Buyer's name: Darren Buckley
                            • Buyer's email: [protected]@shaw.ca
                            • Buyer's transaction ID: 7BA394111U5535526
                            • Your transaction ID: 1XK31719R22298911
                            • Transaction date: July 26, 2020
                            • Transaction amount: $375.67 USD
                            • Disputed amount: $523.37 CAD
                            After our efforts to resolve this dispute on your behalf, your buyer's financial institution decided in the buyer's favor.
                            While we cannot dispute this transaction any further, we encourage you to contact your buyer directly to reach a resolution.
                            Thank you for your patience during this process. We appreciate your business.
                            You can find additional information and tips about buying and selling safely on our Business Resource Center. After you log in to your PayPal account, click Tools, and then click Business Resource Center under "Grow your business."
                            Sincerely,
                            PayPal

I received an email on 10/14/20 stating that it was not covered by the chargeback Seller protection and Paypal charged me an additional $20.00 for a chargeback fee.

This item was very rare and part of my personal collection.

• Ca
                                CatRose Jan 26, 2021

Misery loves company :'(

eBayRefusing appeal of closed case #[protected]

I have documented new proof that the item was not delivered to my address & according to ebay's own terms & conditions, I am entitled to appeal a closed case within 30 days. But ebay has closed my case just today & made the appeals process nearly impossible! When I finally figured out how to appeal, all I get is a notice that the case has been closed. There is no longer any way to directly contact ebay to resolve issues. Customer service is non-existent! Ebay is violating their own terms & conditions, as well as their own money back guarantee!

• Updated by BootStrapGal · Jan 19, 2021

I possess the UPS Tracking Record which clearly shows that there was a change of address during the shipping process. I also possess a record tracking the delivery to an address which is NOT MY ADDRESS. As my eBay registered address has not changed in over 6 years, I can PROVE that I have NOT received this shipment. I am also in direct contact with the local UPS Dispatch & THEY CAN VERIFY that this shipment was NOT delivered to me. Finally, despite the seller's reply on opening the case, I have NOT received any additional shipping updates & therefore, tracking of a replacement shipment IS IMPOSSIBLE. I have NOT RECEIVED THIS ITEM.

E-bay Refund for returned item to seller!

Tried to send data to e-bay the delivery information and tracking # from UPS!
                                It was sent to e-bay in the time allotment but e-bay claims not to have received it and has terminated pursuit of my refund claim!
                                I sent e-bay the UPS tracking # and delivery information on Jan. 13 well within the time limit!
                                Again, the UPS tracking # 1ZE35Y60039299873
                                Delivered to seller on Monday 01/11/2021 at 1:422 PM.
                                To: LINCOLN, NE US
                                Wt. 48 lbs.
                                Impossible to get correct e-bay address for return information required!
                                May not continue with e-bay purchases in the future because of these difficulties! Rodney Norwell nickelb847

eBayEbay not clear whether order has been canceled and no way to contact company to verify

I ordered an item (a passenger-side mirror) this morning (January 18, 2021 just before 7 AM) and immediately realized it wasn't what I wanted. I sent a message to the seller telling him I didn't want it. The seller was newyorkrestomod (67446). The item ID number is [protected]. I wasn't informed that I canceled the order. I received two e-mails at 5:23 PM telling me that the item will be shipped tomorrow. I called my bank, and they said that the charge is pending. However, the item isn't listed in my ebay account. I didn't save a copy of this message I sent to the seller this morning, but the message I sent at 7:12 PM says, "I ordered a passenger-side mirror this morning, but it wasn't what I was looking for, so i canceled the order right after I ordered it. Nevertheless, I received an e-mail telling me that it's shipping tomorrow. Please cancel my order, don't send the item, and let me know that you've done so. I'll also contact my bank to let them know not to charge my card if they haven't already done so."