Having problems with eBay?

2211 North First Street
Fri8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

ebay does nothing to help sellers

Ebay has done nothing to help sellers in the cases of non-paying non-serious bidding. I have had more auctions run-up by non-serious bidders in the last month and at the most you have to wait 8 days to possibly get your auction fees back and you can not leave any negative feedback for non-paying bidders!! I can't believe this!!! I use buyer restriction requirements, but I have some knucklehead in PA that started using his families accounts to run-up bids. If you have any bids from
Pablo Garcia 6943 Weiss Rd Apt 1 New Tripoli PA [protected] or Paul Henry 6943 Weiss Rd Apt 1 New Tripoli PA [protected] at the same address, it is a fraud!! Please someone do something about this. Send mail to this address and get it stopped!! Thank you.

lets forged autographs be sold year after year

I Have been a Buyer and Seller on ebay for 10 + years, and I sold Authentic Autographs, Inc Elvis presley, Jimi Hendrix ect ...ect... and have noticed that over the years there are alot of sellers selling Fake Autographs on Ebay and i have reported them and they have done nothing about it, even let some of these people become top rated sellers UNREAL !!!, I had a problem with ebay a few years ago and they closed my Acct becouse of going back and forth with another person on ebay, I was Closed by Mistake by ebay and It took me a week to two weeks to get it strightened out and when I did an ebay High ranking person by the name of Brett Wilson added a bank act with out my permision ? that would be a Violation of the of the law once More ...UNREAL, that a company that large would do That !!! I have try to contact ebay about these problems and they do nothing but let these sellers sell fake autographs .maybe John j. Donahoe will take notice now, and do you think he cares ? I bet not as his Salary for 2010 was $920, 673.00 and total comp for that year in 2010 for him was $12, 382, 486.00 That 12 million Dollars per year, nice John to say you made alot money from people selling fake Autographs on Your site, Also please look this up "ebay sellers: are you a top rated selle or a Dishonest Dirtbag" a well written truth about ebay and its dealings from what i have read written by greg scott .jan, 8, 2010 under Drop Ship news, I left ebay in 2012 with 100% feedback, becouse of there way of dealing with 10 + year members, So if you have had problems with ebay contact them and let them know that there making money off of Forged Autograpghs and im sure alot of other fake things, im glad John j Donahoe can sleep at nite after making over 12 million dollars a year off of letting people Sell Fake Autographs, Thank you: ebay for letting 1000's of people get riped off ... We Deal in history

ebay protection plan

I purchased a handbag off of ebay that was listed as used in good condition with normal wear. The bag arrived and looked fine so I posted positive feedback. But once I started using the bag I discovered that the lining of the bag was rotting and leaving a sticky gooey mess on anything put in the bag. I contacted the seller to find out how to return the bag, since it was outside his normal return policy period. No reply. So I filed a complaint with the resolution center. They found in favor of the seller. Why? 1) I left positive feedback for the seller; 2) My complaint was filed 30 days after the sale of the bag; 3) In my feedback I used specific language that the center said would not allow me to appeal. Lessons here? 1) Don't leave feedback for at least 30 days or long after you have used the item. 2) Start using the item right away, even if you don't need to. Contact the seller if there is the slightest thing wrong. In my case I should have told the seller that the bag smelled like someone had drenched the bag in perfume. Instead, I thought that I could solve the problem by airing it out or deodorizing it. Delaying use of the bag put me outside of the time frame that ebay considers normal to file a complaint. Trying to resolve the problem with the seller in this case delayed my filing. I have always had success trying to work things out with sellers in the past. This seller turned out to be trouble. 3) Don't ever, ever comment on the condition of something, even if you think that it is good. Turn the guideline, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" into "If you have to say something nice, find something else to say, but say nothing, absolutely nothing about the condition of the item." So what's my next step now that the resolution center found in favor of the seller and my appeal was denied? Well, contact the senior executives at ebay, of course. They need to revise the written guidelines in resolution center at the very least. And, I am pursuing other methods to get my money back.

ebay india guarantee scam

Wanted to share my horrific experience with ebay india, to caution other online customers.

1) Purchased Blackbery device from Seller=mobmantra1 - PaisaPay ID [protected] on 23Feb2012
2) Exchanged emails with seller, who confirmed on email tht the device is genuine and new in original blackberry packing
3) Received product after a week, th eproduct was not what the seller had promised to ship.
4) Under the ebay.in guarantee, I raised claim # 81605 on 09Mar2012.
5) No action from ebay.in for 2 weeks. I then called up customer support - they said they will escalate this to their claim department.
6) The seller called in the meantime and agreed that I should send the product back to him and he would instruct ebay.in to refund my money.
7) Deafening silence from ebay.in. Abruptly the status of the Claim is changed to Closed stating that the buyer has
asked to close the claim - blatantly false. On calling ebay customer support I learn that the status change has been
done by Nilesh Tambe.I call ebay cutomer support on 24March and I also drop ebay india an email - no response
8) I call up ebay customer support again on 04Apr2012, they patch me up to Ravindra Pandey. This gentleman looks at the system and keeps repeating that the buyer has asked to close the claim. I refute this. Then Ravindra says possibly someone else answered my mobile when Nilesh Tambe called and gave consent - this is rubbish, I always answer my own mobile calls.I tell him that I am not satisfied with the redressal and want to escalate to the head of ebay India - he refuses to give me the details and instead asks me to drop another email to <[protected]@ebay.com> which ebay india would respond to .He also says that they will retrieve the call details that Nilesh Tambe purportedly made to me and verfify.
9) There has been no response to my emails.

This is a blatant scam from ebay india - they make rosy claims on their website about safeguarding buyers under the guarantee. They just rip off people. There is zilch accountability. They just take customers for granted and take people for a ride. I hope the govt agencies do something to penalise ebay india to stop such blatant misuse of the ecommerce platform

in India. It is ironic that ebay india claims to be an evangelist of ecommerce in India - they actually practice just the opposite - this does not bode well for the Indian ecommerce space. I hope established palyers like Amazon commence direct busness in India soon and wipe out the fradulent companies. I make online purchases on Flipkart, letsbuy and have had no issues with them.

Thanks / Sundara Iyer

this is the worst site in the history of the internet

This is the worst site in the history of the internet. I have been dealing with fraud for more than 2 weeks on an item I have been trying to sell. Ebay is now trying to not only charge me for selling an item I never sold twice because they removed a member that purchased my item.

While I appreciate the fact that these individuals were frauds, I do not appreciate the fact that ebay is still charging me for the item being sold. On top of this ebay has removed my item TWICE because of some unknown complaint. I have been given the run around multiple times with people who can’t speak English, wont transfer me to a manager, and will not listen to me when I tell them that my account is under attack from some unknown source. I have done everything that has been asked of me, I took pictures of my item, listed the serial number even took another test to list items. I was ASSURED this would solve all my problems.

Now, I get hung up on when I call because a manager will not take my call, even though I was told to call if this ever happened again! Additionally, if Ebay tries to charge me for an item i never sold I will sue your company for fraud. This has been one of the most miserable experiences in my life, and I plan on telling anyone who will listen to never trust this company! No matter how much they claim to want to help, ebay is just dragging individuals like me through the dirt. I mean what do I pay my fees for if all you’re going to do is remove my item even after it has been determined to be perfectly legitimate. Then when I call, I get put on hold by your offices until the office closes! That is so not customer friendly, or even considerate.

As soon as I ship my last item I am done with you! Rest assured, I will also be calling the states Attorney General and issuing a formal complaint against your company for fraud, false advertising, and should I be charged for items I did not sell, theft, and extortion. You have my number, make it right.

can't leave buyers negative feedback

I know this rule of eBay's has been around for several years, but it continues to be a tremendous annoyance. eBay is so eager to bend over backwards to please the buyers that they will place the sellers - the ones who eBay charges for use of the site - at the absolute mercy of the customers. I remember a time when a seller could leave a buyer negative feedback because they made the transaction difficult, didn't pay, lied, and so forth. Now, though, you can't say that even if the buyer has been a pain in the neck. Well, you *can* but you can still only either leave positive feedback and hope someone reads the negative comment or leave no feedback at all. Either way, all buyers come out with 100% positive feedback at a glance while sellers can easily get dinged.

Some sellers deserve the bad rating, I will admit, but a buyer can easily give a seller a bad review just because they felt like doing so. It's incredibly unbalanced and you have to worry it the person you sell to is going to nick your perfect feedback record because the corner of the box their order arrived in was slightly bent.

eBay needs to change this because it's way too easy for jerk customers to ruin a seller's reputation. It's not like eBay has much competition, if any at all. When most people think of online auction sites, a vast majority think eBay. Whose business would they lose if they let sellers be honest about bad customers? People who complain and scream until they get a refund on a perfectly good item? I know sellers aren't always totally innocent and they can be scammers just as much as the buyers, but you can't scrutinize one party and not the other. It's simply unfair. I sell on eBay now and then and I constantly have to worry that someone I sell to will find some problem with their item and give me bad feedback...meanwhile I can't say anything bad about them at all.

defective watch

NOTICED A JULES JURGESEN WATCH FOR SALE ON EBAY BY KNIFEMAN 15708 AND SELLER CLAIMED WATCH WAS NOT SELLING AFTER A NUMBER OF MONTHS. CONTACTED SELLER TO REDUCE PRICE AND HE TOLD ME HE WOULD LOWER THE PRICE TO MY $60 OFFER NOT IN ORIGINAL BOX PERFECT CONDITON HE STATED. SENT HIM A PERSONAL CHECK WHICH HE SAID WAS OK AND WHEN WATCH ARRIVED, FOUND OUT=BEING IDENDTICAL TO MY PRESENT OLDER WATCH BUT THE TIME AND DATE WAS OFF AND SETTING IT OVER AND OVER THE MONTH KEPT HANGING UP AND ASKED HIM FOR A REFUND. HE ASKED ME TO SENT IT BACK AND I DID AND TOOK HIM 3 WEEKS HE CLAIMED HECEIVED IT AT HIS PO.BOXAND TOLD ME =IN PERFECTIONCONDITION=CASE CLOSED. I SENTRESPONSES VIA HIS EBAY ACCT WHICH HE DIDNT REPLY AND EBAY TOLD ME BEING I BOUGHT THE WATCH=OUT OF BOX =THAT IS IT WASNT COVERED BY EBAY PROTECTION PLAN. ONE OF 3 WOMEN CUSTOMERS SERVICE TOLD ME INDEED HE SOUNDED LIKE A DISHONEST PERSON. SO NOW I AM STUCK WITH THIS WATCH AND WILL HAVE TO KEEP ADJUSTING IT WHENEVER IT HANGS UP ON THE DAY OF THE MONTH LIKE AND EXAMPLE WED, THE WATCH WOULD HANGUP AND IEC OR SUCH AND WAIT ANOTHER DAY FOR IT TO RESET ITSELF. I HAVE HAD MY PRESENT JULES JURGENSEN IDENTICAL WATCH FOR 5 YRS AND NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM=-ALSO NOTICED MOSTOF HIS SALES ON WATCHES ARE PREOWNED ON HIS WEBSITE.

unfair unethical business practice

I am a self-employed small businessman, who is a first generation LEGAL immigrant from China. I have been...

tampering of my account

I had started an online petition to make today, 11-11-11 "Close Your eBay Account Day." Today, I signed into my eBay account and clicked "Close My Account." The window that opened said, "We can't close your account at this time because: You currently have a credit balance."

Confused, I went to my account and was shocked to discover there was indeed a $0.01 credit (see image). My previous invoice was $0.95 which I paid. And this was the ONLY transaction I've had (note the date above, June through November).

I immediately called their customer service department. The man on the phone had NO IDEA where this penny credit came from. After putting me on hold to find out what's going on, he said my $0.95 payment had not yet cleared, but once it does (in two to three days), that mysterious one cent should "go away."

It is my firm belief that eBay saw my petition, KNEW I was going to close my account today, and decided to have a little fun of their own by deliberately planting this $0.01 credit into my account to make it impossible for me to close it.

tampering of my account

ebay / alltech wholesale iphone scam

Recently, eBay sent an email soliciting to purchase used Apple iPhones. I had a 3GS 32GB that was in...

useless customer support

I recently attempted to list my Ford Taurus on cars.ebay.ca. Three calls to eBay support - taking up nearly two hours of my (and their) time - later and I'm still no closer to success.

Here's the problem. When I clicked on "sell" at cars.ebay.ca I was taken to what appeared to be a general start-listing page (I was told to "Enter a UPC, ISBN, or keywords that describe your item." - rather a strange question for someone selling a car). I was able to choose automobiles/ford/taurus and then fill out the "Create your listing" page, but when I clicked on "continue" at the bottom, the same page simply reloaded - but this time with a warning flag at the top and the message:

"We might have a product in our catalogue that matches the one you're selling. If you go back to find your product in our catalogue, we'll include product details in your listing. Using the catalogue helps buyers find your listing faster."

Nothing I did allowed me past that error to complete the listing.

The first call to support eventually saw me transferred one level higher, but that tech only told me to start a new listing and whatever had caused the problem would be overwritten. It wasn't. I was able to overwrite the Taurus listing by listing a DVD, but when I again tried to list my Taurus from cars.ebay.ca, I encountered the same problems.

The support person on the next call finally (after what seemed like 45 minutes or so of conversation and hold sessions) told me that he couldn't help me but would transfer me (I believe) to eBay Motors support. He transferred me. The phone rang once. I was disconnected.

The third call started off like the second (except that I'm getting better at moving things along and it only took a half an hour). This person, too, said that she would transfer me to eBay Motors support. However, the person who picked up the phone was on the same level as the first one (in fact, I believe she initially thought that she was the first person with whom I was speaking). Eventually, she too transferred me. The phone again rang once. I was again disconnected. This time, however, I had managed to salvage a service request reference number...although fat lot of good it would end up doing me!

In any case, my Taurus is still leaking oil on my driveway and I still can't properly access the listing features of cars.ebay.ca. I have no interest in spending more time with your telephone customer service dept.

So why on earth would eBay not allow me to send them a simple email detailing the problems so they could actually do something about it?

• Db
    dbclin Nov 06, 2011

I already have listed on a half a dozen or so sites. But eBay seems to have a different kind of customer...
    Thanks,

sellers frequently list items they don't have in their inventory!

Several times now - I have purchased books off of Half.com (by eBay) to where I later found out - that the seller didn't actually have the book they listed up for sale - therefore they had to cancel their order, and refund my money...This is becoming a common occurrence on Half.com...And I am getting fed up with it...And when I complained to Half.com about it...They do NOTHING. There should be a STANDARD that sellers should have to meet - in order to keep selling on that site...Or else, that makes the site unprofessional.

pickup buyers protection

Pickup items Beware! Ebay harvests scammers and provides the vehicle for scammers to collect money with no recourse for buyers to get money returned other than feedback against it. Sellers change usernames and ID and continue to post scams. Sellers can demand PayPal payment before providing pickup information, placing the buyer at risk.
I purchase furniture which was advertised as, "Furniture Sturdy", With a little tender loving care, it will once again be back to its former glory". [protected] Oct 04, 201112:21:11 PDT I paid $300. When I went to pickup, the furniture was in the rain and had lost all glue joints under peeling veneer. There was no chance to save the furniture. The owner agreed to return my money. I returned home to file a "not as described report immediately, PayPal Case # PP-[protected]. The seller did not return my money as promised.
ebay had no choice to favor the dispute towards the buyer as a pick-up item. All pick-up items cannot be protected. Scammer know this. ebay is aware of this also. eBay should place in bold letter that all pickup items are not covered with the eBay Buyers Protection. Ebay is providing the vehicle and momentum sales for active Scammers around the world as local sales. It is hard to understand how an A+ BBB member can provide such a pit fall. It is a vital mistake on eBay's business practices. It places sales above security. Individuals who browse through eBay's 3203 BBB complaints but see no reference to the complaints in the A+ ratings, have to wonder.
This move is deliberate on eBay's part to place more interest in establishing eBay stores. I bought local to avoid risk, however, this turned out to be just the opposite. eBay's pickup protection policy is a weak arm at best. My purchased item was stated covered by eBay Buyer Protection. I found out the protection was at ground zero. This protection rating should be clearly spelled out on all pickup items, as a warning of caution. Buyers at risk!

truck no delivered

After I make the payment by Western Union. The truck never was delivered to my attention see one of the email...

fees and policies

I have ripped off by eBay/PayPal twice now. The first time was when I "purchased" a Roland TD-8 machine from 321gotgoods (member Joseph Watt) for $425.00. eBay referred me to PayPal since my payment went through them and they opened a non-receipt complaint number with the "awaiting other party's response" which, obviously, never came. So, I was out my money even after reading how "eBay" is looking out for me to keep me and my transactions "safe" and secure, and from PayPal (who is eBay, in "bank form" entity - money changer). Never gotten my money back. Just recently, many years after this, I sold a box of items. I shipped the box (in which insurance was not offered nor requested on said box) and the shipper damaged the box (US Postal Service) and informed me of it. EBay refunded the "buyer" who still might have received the items because they had sent me a form citing that all merchandise found outside/without packaging is collected and sent to their recovery center in Arizona. I being stupid checked the box "ship to addressee" instead of "ship to sender" in case they had the items at their center. Now, I am out of the items and out the money if I accept this refund and agree to give eBay the right to collect and charge me the $25.00, but they told me that they had refunded the "buyer", Sean Murphy from CA, the amount of money. Way to back me up eBay/PayPal then charge me with being solely responsible for ensuring that my packages are delivered by the US Post Office!

• Mo
    Mom2Steven Dec 29, 2011

Yep. Just had it happen a second time to us, too. The new scam seems to be overseas iPhone purchases. We sell them and the buyer files a claim with paypal after 2 weeks that they didn't receive it. Paypal refunded the money back after only 22 days of the SALE. Shipping during the holidays and to New Zealand meant nothing to paypal. The phone will arrive and I will be out the money and the phone. We are done with eBay and PayPal. Been buying and selling since 2002 with a 100% positive feedback score--that means NOTHING. It's the perfect scam that paypal is allowing and part of. Then, paypal refuses to refund the SELLER FEE's on top of your misery. Where is the class action lawsuit?????

damaged goods

I bought an 8GB flash drive from Yallstore on Ebay and promptly paid them though PayPal. They gave me a...

buyer protection fraud

eBay kept sending the same message that provided from Hong Kong seller who claimed they mailed this order. All the while Paypal transferred 79.99 to Hong Kong and item arrived in New York much later. eBay provides Buyer Protection Fraud in favor seller who keep pay eBay listing fees and PayPal transaction fees, but they rejected my refund request since buyer pay nothng to eBay. PayPal – www.paypal.com is an eBay company. I did not receive my order from a Hong Kong seller though eBay and made payment to Paypal. eBay so call Buyer Protection nothing but fraud in favor of seller who keep pay eBay listing fees and PayPal transaction fees. Never ever care buyer interest.

• Em
    emax Sep 19, 2011

Very true. Ebay buyer protection is worth nothing. See my case http://mnott.de/archives/271

racist auctions

EBAY is allowing RACIST auctions & IGNORING user complaints! Here are two examples A ###-BROWN...

faulty d&g watch

I paid 100 GBP for a D&G watch on ebay that was sent to me with faulty parts- it did not work and the watchsmith explained it was not the battery but the mechanism that was faulty. I contacted the seller and they told me to go to a jewellers to get it fixed. They refused to refund me or fix the watch, and have been happy to scam me. I cannot open an ebay complaint because I was away and the the deadline had passed.

crooks with an ebay license to screw you!!!

Treetopmerchandise1is the ultimate scam artist online. The owners are Renee Molda and Steven Seibert. This husband and wife team used to issue fraudulent mortgages from CountryWide to innocent home buyers. Because of it, they were jailed for five years. Now they are online selling fake merchandise. They hire their own family to post positive feedbacks on ebay for them. They are currently being investigated by the police. Any information leading to their arrest, please contact Des Plaines Police Dept at 1420 Miner St # 300, Des Plaines - [protected]