Drive Timebait and switch

L

I applied for a loan on their website. 5 minutes after applying I received a phone call stating that I was approved for a loan on a car. I had told the person who called the I only had $500 down payment. I was asurred that was enough and that they could put me in a car. 2 Days later I paid $20 to take a taxi to get the the showroom. While there I decided to do the financing before looking for a car. I had all the paperwork with me that was required. While there I was introduced to the credit manager and he said $500 should be plenty. Well he did the numbers crunch and guess what? Now they wanted $900 down payment before I could even look at a car. I came up with $860 for the down payment, taking every penny I had on me at the time. I asked if we could find a car, and give me 20 minutes to go and get the other $40.00. I was told no! Well I left the lot, again having to call a Taxi. I went to another car lot and bought a car. After I got home the credit manager had the nerve to call me and asked if I was still interested in one of their cars. When I told him that I was upset over the $40.00 difference he said that it was the computer that told him he could not accept anything less then $900. I told him that I only needed a car (to get to the bank) and I would have had the other $40.00. He said he could not let a car off the lot for less then $900. Again he blamed the computer. I told him that I wanted nothing to do with him or Drive Time. He actually told me that if there was anything they could do in the future to help me with a car to call. You have got to be kidding. I would never do business with them again and encourage people to stay far away from them. I read the other reviews on the internet but still thought I would give them a chance. Boy was I wrong. If they would not budge on $40.00 for 20 minutes, I don't think they would understand any other circumstances that could cause a person to be 20 minutes late in a payment. Don't do business with them. I personally went to a "mom and pop" dealer who was more then willing to help me out and with only a $500 down payment. Oh by the way, the car I got was only 12% interest and Drive Time wanted approximately 33% interest.

no drivetime Oct 01, 2010

After reading all of the complaints I am so glad drivetime did what they did to me. I went to drivetime in conyers georgia, and the sales guy was so rude to me. When I called and did my information over the phone the sales guy said I would need a 400 dollar down payment, so I was so happy about that. I go up there the guy that I had spoken with on the phone I did not get a chance to meet with because this other sales guy was so pushy that he forced me over to his office. Once this guy saw my income he literally got up from his chair and left while I was still sitting there. He wanted me to put down 2000.00 plus have a monthly payment of 423 dollars. He suggested that I get a co borrower. I was thinking this is just like a real dealer ship, there is no difference. I am so glad that I read the complaints. Thank you to everyone who posted you really helped me out, because I thought about going back. Everyone sometimes have a situation that causes you to be late, and you don't need knowone down your back every second of the day. Again thank you so much!!!

• Xx
    xxshyne Oct 20, 2010

please contact me at [protected]@aol.com

• Xx
    xxshyne Oct 20, 2010

i AGREE THEY ARE DEFINITELY UNPROFESSIONAL. i ATTEMPTED TO HAVE PAYMENTS DATE CHANGED FOR OVER FOUR MONTHS.
    aNY IDIOT KNOWS THAT THERE Is A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SEMI-MONTHLY AND BI-WEEKLY. SUBSEQUENTLY MAKING PAYMENTS
    THAT SHOULDL HAV CHANGED HOWEVER IN THE INTERIM IT MADE IT appear that I was late on payments