Resolved Dish Network — equipment return scam
In January of 2011 I stopped my Dish network service after 8 years. I was told at the time I would receive a box to return my equipment in, which I did. I promptly packaged all of my receivers, remotes and LNB and took them to UPS. The agent at the UPS drop-off told me to be sure to keep my tracking numbers and receipt as many of their customers who had dropped off packages for Dish Network were soon back, wanting reprints of their discarded receipts after Dish Network billed them for unreturned equipment. This proved to be good advice. A month later I received an automated call informing me I was being billed for the equipment. I immediately called them and was told that the automated call was in error and my equipment had been received in good shape and I was not being billed. Then another month later I received a bill from them for unreturned equipment only this time they showed no record of ever getting it back. I gave them my tracking number and they said they would look in to it. So far no resolution as I have not heard back from them. I will NEVER deal with Dish Network again.
More Dish Network Complaints & Reviews
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you
- Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!!
- Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges
- Dish Network - dishonorable business practices
- Dish Network - ignorant representatives, overcharging and scamming my account
- Dish Network / Dish.com - fox sports outage
- Dish Network / Dish.com - lack of satellite reception
- Dish Network / Dish.com - dropping fox
- Dish Network - horrendous customer service!