Dish Networkdish network pay per view fraudulent charges

D Review updated:

Didn't notice the charges because of electronic statemet delivery. (Changed that to regular mail)

Spent most of my sunday on the phone with dish network. Spoke with 2 reps & one supervisor.
Advised to lock all dvr's (Tv's-each remote).

No time available for pay per view movies, because they run all day. (Total 2 in 3 months in one statement) december 2009
Vod movies were ordered in very early hours like 3am, 4am, 5am & in between.

No credit was provided.

Only happened after I connected my dvr's to internet (Connected dvr to internet, according to dish network, 10/02/09)
First charge appeared on nov-28-2010.

3 movies were watched twice in 3 months overbilling period (Within 2 days)

Looking for more dish network customers with overbilling issues for a class action law suite

Contact info:
[protected]@yahoo.com, shawn michael

RESOLVED

• Updated by [email protected] · Dec 21, 2010

Hi, this is Alicia Brink with DISH Network customer service. I want to apologize about the experience you had. We have measures in place so that it is difficult to order PPV/VOD by mistake. If needed, we have additional measures to restrict any and all PPV/VOD orders. If you would like additional information, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] · Feb 06, 2011

Viralme & Julie Singh,
    I apologize about the experience each of you have had. I would be more than happy to assist each of you with this as well. Please email me your account number, name, and phone number and I will take a look at the accounts and assist you. My email address is [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] · May 13, 2011

Hi, this is Alicia Brink with DISH Network customer service. I understand how frustrating this can be for our customers and would be more than happy to assist anyone interested in locking PPV's from the account. As I stated before, we have measures in place so that it is difficult to order PPV/VOD by mistake. I apologize if you have tried some or all of these steps and have not been successful. If needed, we have additional measures to restrict any and all PPV/VOD orders. If you would like additional information on this or would like me to look at your account with you regarding the charges, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Sincerely,
    Alicia Brink
    Executive Offices of Dish Network
    Office Hours: Sunday-Thurs 6:00am-2:00pm
    Fax Number: [protected]
    Email: [email protected]

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jul 27, 2011

I've reviewed your posts, Jose Luis Flores, BODIVAN, D. Fey, robsopinon, and tambell, and would enjoy the opportunity to assist you in getting those issues looked at and resolved! Have any of you received any help from our agents at least as far as how the movies had been ordered? Please let me know and I'll look forward to hearing from you!

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Jan 10, 2012

Hello J. Romigh, My name is mark and I am with DISH Network customer service. We would be happy to look into the validity of the charge that you are disputing. Please email with your DISH Network account number.

Mark Haakenson
    Internet Response Team
    DISH Network LLC

• Updated by MikeL DISH · May 15, 2012

Matloob Usa Inc,

I see we have an issue of an unauthorized transaction which I would be happy to help get resolved! Do you have a business account with us? Please send some of the information to me in a private message with your account number, if you have one, so I can review it and provide further assistance.

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Sep 25, 2014

sunshineblance,

I'm sorry you feel that way and would be happy to take a look at your information if you could please private message me your account number and four-digit PIN so I can review your account information and see what we have going on! I appreciate your efforts and will look forward to hearing from you so we can discuss your concerns further!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Sep 25, 2014

KMMMN,

I appreciate chadt41's input and would welcome your information so I can look over your bill if you could please private message your account number and PIN so I can have a look!

• We
    WeAreComingToGetYouDish May 22, 2020

May — 2020: since february, 2020, during the pandemic, we were super careful with expenses and "refused" to order vod movies. then, we got charged — twice — for "little women" at $5.99 each; a total of $11.98. "little women"?? really?? we can't stand that movie and would never order it in a million years!! looking at this complaint board, it seems dish tv has a "10 year" history of doing this. my guess is — their employees are accessing our accounts internally, getting our logins and pins, and watching movies by using the "watch anywhere" function, and we get charged for it. they deleted the first $5.99 but are refusing to delete the 2nd one. this ain't over by a long shot. carefully examine your bills each and every month, people. dish tv is malfeasant!!

Mary Gatts Feb 08, 2018

2/5/18. I just closed my dish TV account. Due to ppv charges from the very beginning. Aug2017 to Feb 2018.
    I even had to pay for a satellite company to make a visit to my home in Nov 2017. To block all pay per view channels on the hopper. That way the couldn't say. We made the purchases from our remote. Dec2017 everything was good in our bill... We'll the last week of Jan. Back to 4 PPV were charged again. Now I have to send everything back and fight all the changes and keep it off my credit. My next step BBB, and then take them to court/file a claim.

• Un
    Undishme May 12, 2015

I got charged 89.99 for mayweather/ pacquaio fight which we did not order and also a movie for 6.99. We were out of country for ppv boxing event so how could we have ordered or watched.
    I have put p/w now so that this does not happen again. There is definately something shady gong on with these dish equipment and charges cant wait to complete the two years and kick their back after that, poor customer service and fraudulent charges will not help improve their business.

• Am
    Amanda182 May 12, 2015

We received a promo code via email for a free pay per view movie. We used the code to watch a movie and have been charged for THE SAME movie every month after. Why would we continue to purchase the same movie month after month? The first rep I spoke with was rude and said there was nothing they could do. I later saw a credit on my bill for the pay per view. Same thing happened this month. When I asked the rep she said she could issue the credit but this would be the last time. I asked her to take pay per view options away and she said they cannot do that and I have to set up locks myself. After seeing the other numerous complaints regarding the same issues if it happens again my service will be canceled.

• Je
    jet1077 Mar 13, 2015

Just received my bill for March and it was more than double the cost we had been paying. Upon inspection we were charged 99.99 for a pay per view event and another 6.99 for a movie. We were out of town on the day the 99.99 charge was made. We did not order either of these. What a scam! I spoke with the billing department and then with operator Z8C. Both were very rude and offred no resolution. In a nutshell they said it was my problem because there were no locks set up on the remotes and there is nothing they could do about it. After some additioanl discussion the girl offered a $25 credit. I am very unhappy with their customer service and my dish expereince.

mad 1963 Jan 07, 2015

Just checked my bill and have spent hours on the phone with dish. Have had charges for pay per view since July 2014 for movies that we did not order. Some of the dates that they say we ordered pay per view we were 1100 miles away. Our box shows zero purchases in the history yet they say we ordered a movie two days ago. They gave me a credit but how do we stop this!

• Ou
    Outraged225 Oct 21, 2014

My newest bill has a 74.99 charge for a pay per view boxing match we never ordered. They tried to give me a hard time about it then offered me 50% back. I refused and said I wanted 100% credit. Now they tell me they will give me credit on the following bill, not this one. Now I see they have a 60 day limit, so they obviously are trying to set me up so I don't get the credit at all. I will be calling again. I want my credit this billing period. This is outrageous they pull this crap on their customers.

• Km
    KMMMN Jun 01, 2014

Scammed by DISH...not happy. Just checked my bill. Been paying $10 per month for BLOCKBUSTER for over a year. DISH would not tell me how long exactly I had been overcharged and would not refund the overcharges. This for a service I never authorized and have NEVER used. Next step is Attorney Generals in my state and theirs and filing of unauthorized charges with credit card company. No wonder we end up with class action suits...

• Su
    sunshineblance May 13, 2014

Dish network is rude, fraudulent charges every single month.

• Bi
    Bill Feb 26, 2014

I have just discovered something. Yes, DISH Network can be hacked! And it IS being hacked at an alarming rate! This is why my sister and you are being billed for PPV and VOD purchases you've never made! I don't know if you are allowed to post website URL's here, but to be on the safe side, just Google the phrase "can dish network be hacked?" You will be amazed at the how-to videos, books and actual EQUIPMENT FOR SALE to assist people to hack into DISH and DIRECTV! And of course, DISH and DIRECTV will not own up to what is happening, because that is one heck of a liability problem on their accounting books! Therefore, just like the government does, it is ALL YOUR FAULT. (Unless you go to Small Claims like I will and present all of this printed up DISH hacking information I found!)

Nona M Feb 26, 2014

I FOUND THE SOLUTION. Dish was no help in resolving this issue so I used logic. I bypassed their customer service department and spoke to their technical support department. They helped me 'rename' my remote controls from 1 and 2 to other numbers. That way, the person who was in close proximity to us and (unknowingly) having their remote activate my account could not longer do it. Since I changed that one feature, I have had 4 months without any problem.

• Bi
    Bill Feb 26, 2014

My sister, who is on disability, has been plagued with this problem 5 of the 6 months she has had DISH sat service. I feel real bad since I was the one who recommended DISH to her under the "Friends & Family" plan. So I got on the phone with DISH today. I have been a DISH customer for seven years and personally never had any issues like this. So I was skeptical. However, once I saw all of YOUR stories (especially the 74 year old who "ordered" all of those boxing and wrestling matches!) and also found out these movies were being ordered when folks were not home, THEN I knew DISH was to blame. The biggest problem with DISH is that if they admit any kind of liability, they are in for some huge monetary losses. Therefore, according to them, all of THE CUSTOMERS are at fault. Each and every one of us is so stupid, so ignorant as to order movies when we are not at home, or when we are asleep, or are still able to order using a remote IN SPITE of having a phone lock - that is - no pay per view events unless you call and pay up front with a credit card. Yes, my sister has all of this and PPV's are STILL being charged to her account. I am so upset, I am thinking of going back to cable after seven years. I feel bad for my sister. She's locked into the BS with DISH for another year and a half.

nonasaf Oct 28, 2013

The same thing is happening here in Alaska - It seems that on my account over the past 10 months someone ordered kickboxing, fights and movies and I have complained each time with no real help on getting it to stop. DISH customer service even blamed my granddaughter (BTW - she is 10 months old and lives 3, 500 miles from here and I don't think she was interested in the Mayweather fight.) I have changed my codes as recently as Thursday and by Saturday the hacker had ordered two more movies and scheduled more tv shows to be recorded. (BTW - living in rural Alaska, I go to the theater to watch my movies because it is a social event - I don't watch PPV.) T he DISH reps basically told me I must have given my codes out or let someone into my house when I was not here so I am responsible for the charges. At this point I have removed the batteries from my remote, disconnected the receiver from the wall and unplugged it from the electrical socket. Tomorrow I am contacting the FCC as well as my Congressman (Glad the government reopened!) Then I am cancelling DISH and it's customer no-service.
    YES - Count me in for a class action suit! [email protected]

Matloob Usa Inc Apr 24, 2012

transaction ID c825590000 amount $515.28 date 04/19/2012

• Jr
    J. Romigh Jan 01, 2012

I too am having issues with Dish Network. I canceled my service with them last month and switched to Time Warner because I am offered the same services for $50 less a month! I received my last bill in the mail the other day to pay for my 2 equipment returns totaling $30. I was ready to pay that, but when I reviewed my bill I had a charge for a VOD movie from March 3, 2011 (10 months ago). I did not order this movie, but I too was told that "it was ordered from my remote" and that they could not credit my account for it. I told the agent that I would pay the $30 that I am responsible for, but I would not pay for a $6.99 movie that I never even ordered. I am so frustrated with Dish, because they don’t care about their former and even current customers. I know it’s only $6.99, but it's not the amount that bothers me; it's the fact that I did not order it. Not to mention, why is this charge form 10 months ago, and I am now just seeing a charge for it? I would say that they are not happy with me switching companies and they just want more money from me. Just imagine if they are doing this to all of their former customers-$6.99 adds up fast for a big payday for Dish Network!

John wadsworth Oct 28, 2011

Disabled veteran, paraplegic, low income request 5day extension to avoid interruption, due to government money does not post to bank until the 3rd. Here was the chat session:
    Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
    Jasmine (ID: U1J): Hello John.
    Jasmine (ID: U1J): How may I help you today?
    John wadsworth: I will need a minute or two to type this, ok my name is John wads worth I am a disabled war veteran, and am on a
    Jasmine (ID: U1J): Sure.
    Jasmine (ID: U1J): I will wait.
    John wadsworth: fixed income that is pain by the government on the 3rd of the month, my wife called today
    Jasmine (ID: U1J): Okay.
    John wadsworth: She was told that dish would not extend our service for5 days and we would like our billing cycle to be on the 3rd
    Jasmine (ID: U1J): For security purposes, would you please verify the last four digits of the Social Security Number on the account?
    John wadsworth: I would like to email Charles Ergen and advise him how I was treated, can you help me with my situation, I am paralyzed bed riden and all I do is watch dish
    John wadsworth: 6330
    Jasmine (ID: U1J): I am sorry your services are scheduled for interruption on 11/28.
    Jasmine (ID: U1J): Thank you.
    John wadsworth: 6330
    Jasmine (ID: U1J): It is not possible to post pone the interruption date.
    Jasmine (ID: U1J): Please make the payment of $68.27 before 10/28 to avoid interruption.
    John wadsworth: Please put me in contact with your CEO
    John wadsworth: Are u there
    Jasmine (ID: U1J): One moment please.
    Jasmine (ID: U1J): Please be online while I transfer your chat to the supervisor.
    *(Admin24/7) Mark Y.AVY has entered the session.
    *(Admin24/7) Mark Y.AVY: Hello this is Mark the floor supervisor, give me a moment while I review the chat.
    Jasmine (ID: U1J) has left the session.
    John wadsworth: I can't believe your company doesn't help out disabled war vets with a 5 day extension, does Charles Ergen feel the same
    John wadsworth: that is why I would like to let him know hoe my wife and I have been treated.
    John wadsworth: Mark Y .AVY: our you there
    *(Admin24/7) Mark Y.AVY: John this depends on the account.
    *(Admin24/7) Mark Y.AVY: Your account is prepaid. And prepaid accounts do not have any options to extend.
    John wadsworth: mark Y.AVY 5 days is all I'm asking for, if not please put me in contact with your CEO
    John wadsworth: Mark Y.AVY our you there, and can you please put me in contact with your CEO, I know your just following a policy.
    *(Admin24/7) Mark Y.AVY: One moment please.
    *(Admin24/7) Mark Y.AVY has left the session.
    Please wait while we find an agent from the CH50 - ERT department to assist you.
    You have been successfully transferred to Kelly (ID: QQA) with the Executive Resolution department.
    Kelly (ID: QQA): Thank you for Chatting with DISH Networks Executive Resolution Team. My name is Kelly Ouedraogo. In case you need it in the future my phone number is [protected] ext. 70338. Please give me 1-2 minutes to access your account and review your transcript with the previous agent.
    John wadsworth: I'm prepaid cause I only get 1200 a month to live on
    Kelly (ID: QQA): Thank you for your patience.
    John wadsworth: ok
    Kelly (ID: QQA): Thank you.
    Kelly (ID: QQA): I understand that you are asking for more time to pay your bill.
    John wadsworth: Kelly Ouedraogo that is correct
    Kelly (ID: QQA): However, being that your account is pay in advance, you have to pay for services in advance.
    John wadsworth: I only receive money from the government on the 3rd of every month
    Kelly (ID: QQA): I apologize for the inconvenience.
    Kelly (ID: QQA): There is no way for us to suspend the due date on your account.
    John wadsworth: that is why I would like to email your CEO, and advise my situation, and have my billing date change to the 3rd
    Kelly (ID: QQA): You can e-mail your concerns to [email protected]
    Kelly (ID: QQA): Is there anything else I may assist you with?
    John wadsworth: your CEO doesn't want to hear from customers

• Un
    Unhappy27 Oct 28, 2011

Dish Network took $119.00 from my bank account for a broken receiver that wasn't sent back by the date (a date not given to me). Last week (Thursday, Oct. 21st) I was told when the equipment was received the $119.00 would go back to account. Monday, Oct. 24th I spoke with a Dish "customer service" employee who told me the they received he equipment and my account would be credited. Today, October 27th, I called AGAIN. I was told that the employee from Oct. 24th never posted my credit so now I have to wait 3 to 5 days longer to received the $119 taken from my account for a broken piece of equipment because of employee error. Funny it only took one day to take the money out of my account! This was only one problem I've had with Dish...I've been waiting for my 2 years so I can cancel this horrible dishonest service. This is just the last straw of a few dishonest situations with Dish. Right off the bat I was told they had an MLB package...after I signed the 2 yr. contract another employee told me they didn't have MLB anymore. I could go on, thankfully my contract is almost over!!!

• Ta
    tambell Jul 07, 2011

This has been happening to me for 6 months! I finally switched to Direct TV! I am NOT paying my last Dish bill, either!

• Ro
    robsopinon Jun 22, 2011

I totally agree. They are now charging me $74.99 and without my permission. They said I signed something from the tech who installed the dish, but I never received any paperwork on it. They automatically debit my bank account. I started with the 24.95 plan, then up to $56 after first year, and now they say I have six months left at $74.99, I tracked my bank account and paid this ridiculous price for six months already, so how can this be. Long story short, they will over charge whenever they feel and say they have the legal right to do so. I do not reccommend dish and would like to see them sued.
    Thanks, RWhite

• Df
    D. Fey Jun 13, 2011

It appears that I am not the only one having these issues with Dish. I just notice that I was charged for 3 movies last month that I never ordered and I got the same formatted run-around from the customer service dept. "They were ordered with your remote". Interesting thing is that one of the movies that was supposedly ordered from my remote happened when we were out of town! I never knew they were offering such special remotes that worked by themselves! The customer service offered by Dish is the worst I've ever encountered and the fact that they all but call you a liar as opposed to actually trying to help you is enough to make me just ship as soon as I can. If there is a class action law suit filed, count me in. I know of several others in the same boat having been charged for things they never ordered through Dish...and they would gladly join in too.

• Bo
    BODIVAN May 24, 2011

I TOO HAVE BEEN CHARGED FOR 11 PORN MOVIES. THE WHOLE FAMILY ARE ACCUSING EACH OTHER. I FELL HACKED OR STRAIGHT UP CHARGED BY DISH WHY NOT THEIR WORD AGAINST MINE. THEY'RE RIGHT. PURCHASE HISTORY SHOWS NO DATES. ONE SHOWS 8/01, PHONE LINES NOT CONNECTED. IM IN

Jose Luis Flores May 19, 2011

SAME ISSUE HERE... I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO JOIN THIS SUIT. DISH NETWORK IS MAKING A FRAUD WITH THIS STUPID "PPV/VOD SYSTEM. THEY KEEP CHARGING ME MOVIES I DON'T ORDER. I THINK THIS SYSTEM IS VERY WELL MANIPULATED SO THE RECEIVERS CAN BE ORDERING EVENTS BY ITSELF AND CHARGING THOSE TO THE CUSTUMERS. I HAVE SPENT A LOT OF TIME TALKING WITH THIS IGNORANT PEOPLE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE LINE. THEY KEEP TELLING ME THAT "IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO ORDER THIS EVENTS BY MISTAKE", BUT I KEEP THELLING THEM THAT IT IS IMPOSIBLE FOR MY GHOSTS TO BE ORDERING THIS EVETS... I AM SO MAD... this conspiracy will end, sooner or later... [email protected] WAKE UP!!!

• Ke
    kearley May 09, 2011

My mother-in-law would be happy to join in that suit.

• Ke
    kearley May 09, 2011

Same issues with Dish Network, my 76 year old mother-in-law is getting charged for $64 boxing matches, $50+ wrestling matches, VOP movies that were never rented, and my husband was on the phone over an hour yesterday trying to get it straightened out, to no avail. DON'T DEAL WITH DISH, BAD, BAD, SERVICE. I took my case to the police this morning so hopefully they can help my mother-in-law out.

• Gu
    GuyGesh Apr 29, 2011

Same issue here - charges on my account that I never watched and/or intended watching.
    I did notice that it's very easy to get charged - it takes one accidental push of a button (dropped on the floor, dog, you name it...) to get to a page that doesn't have any other option than Rent.
    I think it was setup this way intentionally to get people that not so strong with buttons (e.g. kids) - to push it and therefore to charge you!
    I don't see any other reason why this page won't have a cancel option!
    I would like to join CLASS ACTION LAW SUITE!

• Su
    supraz Apr 18, 2011

Someone who knows how to sign up for class action?

• 26
    26170 Mar 28, 2011

[censor] employee! We locked the PPV and still had charges. We called Dish Network and told them we were not happy with just locking the system here. They said they would set our PPV limit to $0.00 and that would take care of it. It did for a year. Suddenly we have over $200.00 in porn charges!! No one will admit to changing the PPV limit. The only thing Dish Network employees can agree on is the PPV is non-refundable. This is how Dish can make money. Stealing from honest customers. We had Dish for over four years. I guess our account wasn't profitable enough. Sign me up for class action against Dish!

• Wa
    Wayne Curtis Mar 23, 2011

I'm having the same problems. Being charged for ppv movies that no one in my house ordered. Our TV's would change chanels, fast forward and other things all by itself. One day a movie was ordered. I called them they helped me reprogram my remotes. Apparently our system was picking up other signals that changed our chanells and ordered ppv movies on it own. I was told I would not be charged for that ppv. Bill came in and it had two other ppv movies charged. This months bill has the one charged they said wouldn't be. They refuse to refund any of these. Only have two grown adults it this house. We have never ordered a ppv movie. Someone should bring a class action law suite against Dish. After my expensive contract expires I will never use them again.

Jaggeroth Mar 22, 2011

Allright, [censored]es. I'm a dish network employee, and I hate the company. But one things pisses me off more than the company. It's [censor]s like you guys crying cause you ordered ppv's and don't want to pay for them. We don't have the technology to know what you are watching either, if we did I'd know about it. That would be a little illegal, o, and so would be ordering ppv's for you without you knowing it! You all ordered them, you all may not have done it yourselves but someone in your house did. Get over it, lock the ppv channels and disable them. That's all it takes.

• Ha
    Hate Dish Mar 18, 2011

I completely believe that these VOD charges are super scam of Dish Network. I had those charges appeared in my account.
    I know that no one ordered such movies. As the rep told me that there are 2 steps to order such movie and he kept on insisting that I had done both the steps to order them. On top of that he said that I do not want to admit that I ordered them.
    I curse myself for getting rid of comcast for such looser. When I ordered Dish, they told me that I will get all the NBA (Celtics)
    games in HD. Guess what, after installation to my surprise, only home games were HD and road games were not. Not only that they had horrible resolution even in SD. I could not even see the ball on screen.
    Now I am looking for ways to get out of this and get comcast back. Stay away from these CROOKS!!!

• Fo
    fontuckydick Mar 07, 2011

Wow, I was going to set up a paypal account and start selling items on ebay. Don't think I will now, thanks

• Fa
    fauash Mar 07, 2011

Thank you so much for your post...I myself was also a victim of this crap! I had sold something on ebay, after receiving the payment and making sure that it went through...I sent out the merchandise...well, what do I know a few weeks later, I had logged into my paypal account and guess what it was in the negative because the buyer had said that he never received the product...it was my first time ever selling and I got screwed big time...told paypal that they were not getting their money back hell or high water...I shipped the item...the scam-artist was just trying to get thier money back and it was not happening!

• Fo
    fontuckydick Mar 07, 2011

I agree! Dish Network charged us for pay per view porno on Christmas a few years ago. We were not even home on Christmas and they refused to take it off our bill. So naturally we paid it so we wouldn't loose the service. Now we have an issue with over charge on more pay per views. I am going to dump this shade tree TV service ASAP. I will probably go to small claims court. This account is under Carol Penner and my name is Sharon Cantlay, her daughter.

• Dp
    dplumb362 Feb 16, 2011

Unreal...I have been on the phone for over three hours with the condescending and rude people at Dish. I have been transferred to so called supervisors only to be hung up on at least three times. We too were billed for six VOD movies at $6.99 each (three movies/each movie watched twice). Most movies were supposedly purchased at times when no one was even home in our residence to watch them. To top that we were informed more VOD movies were ordered for the bill we have yet to recieve. Again at times when no one was home. We recently upgraded to HD receivers and this is apparently when this issue started happening. We have basically been called liars and were repeatedly told that lots of people try to scam free movies. I am so angry I could scream. When I stated that I would like to cancel my account I was flatly told, "Go ahead that will be $270." UNREAL...sign me up for the class action law suit. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue please let me know. [email protected]

• Ju
    Julie Singh Jan 21, 2011

I had the same problem -even though none of my receiver are hooked up to the line, a bunch of PPV got ordered between Dec 6 - Jan 7. Spoke with several reps and 2 supervisor, but was told that we had ordered it through our remote. None one at my home ordered it. Some dates for the PPV showed up when we were not even home. When asked when these PPV were viwed -was told mostly like early morning times (2am most of them).

• Vi
    Viralme Jan 17, 2011

I had the same problem - even though none of my receivers are hooked up to the line, somehow according to them it was still ordered. My charge was for a PPV event on Dec 5th 2010.

• Am
    amom Oct 14, 2010

We got charged 55 dollars for a boxing match on PPV which we did not order. We never order PPV. Called Dish Network, they said it was on a Sunday night 8:30 for an "important boxing" match. With 2 little kids, Sunday night we definitely don't have time to watch anything. Its bath time, bed story time and laundry too. And I hate boxing! I was told that PPV charges cannot be reversed. They were certain that the order was coming from our remote control. I don't know what to do. This sounds fraudulent. for no reason, I lost 55 dollars. Plus we were billed much more tax since it is calculated based on the higher charges.

We have autopay, so this charge just poped up in my credit card bill as a total surprise. I don't have any trust in this company now.

• Ro
    Ronbo422 Sep 04, 2010

I had the same issue happen with my VIP722 after I connected to the internet 2.5 weeks ago. There was a $55 UFC fight ordered that I DID NOT ORDER, a $6 kids movie and just this morning I was listening to Sirius 6023 and had the TV off, just cranking the stereo. Well, the music stopped so I turned on the TV and what was on the screen was a PPV purchase screen for "Diary of a.." with the big RENT button just ready for someone to press. That explains how I couldn't explain how my 5-yr old rented the kids movie earlier this week. I bet anything that the box popped up and she hit buttons until it ordered the movie.
    I called Dish and they are removing the charges for the 2 PPV's and have also set my PPV credit limit to $0 so no PPV can be ordered unless I call them and raise the limit. As of now I can say that Dish customer service was very helpful. There is a problem on their end with all of these bogus charges/rentals popping up on boxes connected via ethernet. My customer svc rep, Matt, also submitted a technical request to their tech department to report the issue. Is there a mainline HACK going on at Dish? Maybe. Only time will tell. Hope everyone gets their ordeals straightened out.
    Peace,
    Ronbo

• Yt
    yturtle Aug 28, 2010

We had numerous VOD movies that we did not order charged to our account. In some cases the same movie was charged several times in the same week. When I asked the rep why anyone would do that, he said "I have no way of knowing that". Arguing with them was completely useless.

• Fl
    Flashmole711 Jul 30, 2010

I had the same thing, I was out of town and 12 VOD demand movies were ordered it was the same three ordered to total 12. I called and got no where. They told me it was impossible, they were completely rude and basically told me that I was responsible for all charges. I can prove I wasn't even in town when this happened. I would love to join in!!