Menu

G
Author of the complaint
4:08 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We had been with Dish for many, many years but the rates kept getting higher and higher. With the Biden economy well over $4.00 a gallon for gas, inflation at 7.5% and rising along with everything either not available or costing 20% more we had to make a decision.

We cut back on what Dish had to offer which ended up giving up the channels we like and left us with a bunch of channels that we didn't care for and never watched and for what? Still paying $110.00 a month.

We cancelled our service on Feb. 21, 2022. We were told that Dish wanted the equipment back. Fine, send us the return info and we will be glad to. Come March 18th we still had not received said boxes. I called and spoke to someone named Josh (your automated service said the call was recorded) He was some what of a pushy [censored], but that's another story. I informed him that we had not received the return boxes and told him to just be sure these are sent out as Dish had promised. At that point I told him that it had already been a month almost and that I had NOT better be billed.

On the afternoon of March 24th (Thursday) the return box and label were finally received. On Sunday 3/26/22 I boxed everything up and have it at my office waiting for UPS to pick up today.

I came in this morning to find that Dish has turned around and charged my account for $499.00 dollars. Really? So, Dish drops the ball and I get punished for it. Well aren't you guys a real work of art. I know you want your damn equipment back, fine. Let's work together and you will have your equipment in a matter of days. You used my time to return said equipment and then turn around and charge me for it.

Does this leave a bad taste in my mouth? You damn right it does and I am going to be sure that everyone I know hears how Dish treats their customers, even those that were leaving for reasons beyond our control, I guarantee that we will NEVER do business with you again.

Now, if you want to make this civil, I suggest that you remove that charge from my account ASAP. You will get your equipment, it does me no good to just hang onto it. I am terribly disappointed in your service.

George Morris

930 Petty Road

Bowling Green, KY 42103

[protected]@southstate. us

[protected]

More DISH Network complaints & reviews

DISH Network - As a former employee let me tell you
DISH Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service
DISH Network - Dish network receiver equipment scam!!!
DISH Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges
DISH Network - ignorant representatives, overcharging and scamming my account
3 comments
R
May 17, 2022 3:31 pm

Do your self a huge favor and dont buy dont buy anything from dish

All the above is very true and worst than above issues

Pay very month and no or missing

Programs !

Lol

Dont

M
May 17, 2022 3:52 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replying to comment of Redgreen

Considering providers do not have control of the programming, your complaint would be with the channel owner. And as they stated, they are placing blame on issues that they(the customer) have admitted was their own fault. This isn’t the honey hole you think it is.

M
Mar 30, 2022 10:22 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

It is interesting the sense of responsibility you push on them, while you yourself are the one that signed agreeing that you maintain sole responsibility for the safe return of the leased equipment within a reasonable time(30 days from disconnect). You failed your responsibility, which had you followed through with what you voluntarily agreed with, your account would not have been withdrawn.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1077 complaints