Discovery Channel Logo

Discovery Channel

Having problems with Discovery Channel?

Discovery Channel reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 31, 2009. The latest review Commercials referencing the pandemic was posted on Apr 17, 2021. The latest complaint termination fees was resolved on Jun 24, 2014. Discovery Channel has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 211 reviews. Discovery Channel has resolved 9 complaints.

Discovery Channel Customer Service Contacts

One Discovery Place
Silver Spring, Maryland
United States - 20910

Discovery Channel Complaints & Reviews

Discovery ChannelCommercials referencing the pandemic

Commercials referencing the pandemic need to stop advertising false information we have an immune system the pandemic is mostly politically motivated anyways and it was created in a lab in China it's a proven factt. Stop behaving like Democratic politicians and get around to the business of informing the public about the facts of reality thank you very much . you are deliberately miss informing the public I am going to make sure that everyone I know knows this.

Discovery Channelads

I love your shows, but whom ever is doing the promming is an absolute @sshole. You people are ruining cable! The constant ads for "the Dicovery plus" are only annoying. All that's left on the food network is Flay, Giada, and Alton. No Paula, no Neelys - hell your lineup sucks. Why would I play into your money grab? 4.99 (then it says STARTING at 4.99. such [censored]

Discovery ChannelCEO

I have been a customer of Discovery for many years. I am sad that this will be ending due to the CEO taking a anti-American stance towards our most sacred responsibility as American Citizens; that is to vote. The stance Discovery's CEO has taken is that any world citizen should be able to vote in US Elections. I have yet to hear him state that Americans should be able to vote in Chinese or South American Elections. Any citizen wishing to vote in America can get a free ID to vote. Everyone attending the Democratic Convention must have a ID. Which is more important? Discovery Stockholders must fire your CEO!

Discovery ChannelDiscovery plus

With all the streaming services currently available, I would have though if you were going to force yet another streaming servive on users, that you at the very least emulate the same style as successful streaming services which are already available. Your system is clunky and difficult to use. It's hard to navigate and is so frustrating to use! As it's a new service I really hope this is something you plan to improve on.

Discovery ChannelSpanish language ad during English language programming

Why is an ad in Spanish (for Chik Fil A) being repeatedly aired during an English language program? This alienates non-Spanish speaking viewers like me who I'm sure comprise a large segment of Discovery Plus' audience.

Please air ads in English during English language programming (!) so as not to turn away viewers like me.

This is a common-sense solution to an obviously intentional and inexplicable decision. Whoever made this decision has no business controlling programming, and makes me question why this is being done.

I appreciate a response.

Apr 08, 2021

Discovery Channel — Discovery plus streaming

I'm also upset about this Discovery Plus! deal that Discovery has been hyping and has done by taking...

Discovery ChannelDiscovery Plus

I want to add my opinion to Discovery removing new shows from cable/satellite line ups. In their rush to try to drive users to their new platform they showed no consideration for those who made all these shows popular, cable tv users. We already pay extra to get these channels over basic cable or satellite prices. Asking your long time watchers to change platforms and pay more is not reasonable.

I know in my area there are many families that do not have adequate internet service to do their school work let alone streaming tv, so satalite tv is the only choice. Now all these families won't have full access to your shows. Add to them, seniors, disabled and others who would find changing to a streaming platform impossible and I believe you will lose a lot of viewers.

For myself, if I will no longer get new shows for my favorites, I will just change my Dish subscription and not worry if I have access to your channels. I am retired on fixed income and do not want to buy new equipment. Another loss for you too.

Discovery ChannelDiscovery +

I have never seen a more obnoxious way to advertise a substandard product. It insults the viewers intelligence by asking them to pay for a product they are already paying for and be subjected to even more advertisements. I so hope that it fails so copycat networks don't try the same nonsense. This is going to be the tipping point with many consumers. Just like the old saying
              "Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered." Will apply. When satellite and cable providers figure out they are making a little money in advertising but advertising their own demise, it will cease. And if it doesn't, maybe everyone will just quit and go back to doing things outside and enjoying life first person.

Here's to your failure and our gain.

• Ha
                  Hate greed Apr 03, 2021

Will not paid again for something I am already paying for. Comcast is charging extra data to watch discovery+ about a 100 dollars a month more. Total greed by these people that were made stars on cable.

• St
                  Stanpines Mar 30, 2021

Total agreement here. I know alot of people are sick of the constant non-stop ads. That plus moving all new series episodes to D+.
                  Weve stopped watching their networks.

Discovery ChannelDiscovery +

I am very disappointed that I would now have to an additional service just to watch the new season of shows that I already pay for on cable TV. This is ludicrous. With people trying to get by during the pandemic looking at what they can afford, you know like food, utilities, rent, gas, medical needs you should be ashamed of your selfs. Not to mention the amount of commercial you put on every day for the service. Hell I can't even watch an episode that I get on cable without seeing and advertisements. With the hardships we are facing from covid you should have the decency to let everyone have it for free until the pandemic is over. That would be the decent thing to do and would make you hero to those of us just trying to get by.

Discovery ChannelDiscovery+

I'm sick of the non-stop ads for Discovery+, sometimes the same one 3 times in a single ad segment. It's gotten absurd. If it wasn't for the fact that some of my favorite shows are on Discovery Network I would drop it. My wife already refuses to watch anything on Discovery Network.

The solution is to stop the tv, do something else, and then fast foward through the ads. I can also just skip to On-Demand as ads are controlled by the local cable provider. The other solution is just to record it and fast forward through the ads. Of course that means other advertisers won't get exposure which means less viewers for the ads. Normally I don't care, but the ads have become obnoxious and have become propaganda.

Discovery ChannelDiscovery plus steaming channel

I am upset that many of my fav shows will soon be available on ONLY discovery plus channel- I feel i pay enogh $ to get cable service with ATT- i do not want to pay more $ foe one more channel considering I used to have the ability to watch many of the shows on my satelite service- What is discovery plus trying to do? MAKE MORE $$$$$$$. I will NOT pay more $$$ for another channel.

Mar 15, 2021

Discovery Channel — The shows you put on

You know some of the shows you do are ridiculous and fake. If you are looking for something true and...

Discovery ChannelDiscovery +

I have Discovery+ ad free and up until a couple of days ago it has been fine.
                      Now, instead of going on to the next episode of a show the programs stops on a black screen. If I click the play button on the center of that screen it replays the episode I just finished. I have to go < back, go to the episode list (from the beginning again) and select the next episode. I am watching on a PC using the Microsoft Edge browser. It is doing the same ting in other browsers.
                      If this does not get fixed fairly soon the service is useless to me. I got it for my wife who is disabled from the neck down and cannot operate the TV or the computer without help. That means with this issue I have to manually start the next episode.
                      Certainly not worth paying for.
                      The user interface is bad enough without having to do this.

Discovery Channeldiscovery plus shows

I am not getting the most recent shows as opposed to other cable providers showing the discovery channel.
                        I signed up for discovery plus without commercials, I viewed a show last night which should have been the most current show of street outlaws Mega Cash days. Yet when I called my brother who is in Minnesota viewing discovery on his cable provider he says that specific show I watched last night is two weeks old. If this is true and it appears to be so, I will probably drop discovery plus and just wait for the show on the regular discovery channel on my provider which is Directv. I also noticed that street outlaws shows are so jumbled up on Discovery Plus it is hard to figure out what is new and what is old stuff I have watched.

Discovery ChannelDiscovery +

Please stop with the non stop advertising of your streaming services!
                          Every single commercial is you hawking your wares which 99.9% of us will not pay for!
                          The advertising banners cover up all of the language during shows
                          It is bad enough that none of us can afford it, now we are forced to listen to your wall to wall non stop advertising!
                          Bring back our favorite shows you greedy jerks!

The Discovery Channel as seen on FIOS TV Channels 120 and 620 HDTime and menu information for programs

Why do you constantly mark programs as NEW when they have been broadcast before ? We have scheduled DVR recording of specific programs and when they are marked as NEW the scheduling records. We therefore have tons of programs on DVR that we see over and over again. This is extremely frustrating and needs to stop. We find both marked new on the same channel as well as marked new when the program aired on a "sister" channel such as the Science channel. We pay too much for cable TV to have this unethical behavior continue.
                            Mr. & Mrs. Sam Ott
                            [protected]
                            Phoenixville, Pa.

Discovery ChannelRemoving shows

I am a disabled senior on a fixed income. I always watched discovery and the travel channel pretty much all day but since discovery+ my favorite shows have moved exclusively to discovery+. I cannot afford to add it much less afford a smart tv to watch it on. I think it's a shame that in order for you to make more money it deprives your dedicated followers of watching the shows they enjoyed. If I could afford it I would but to do that I would not be able to afford my medicine. I feel like it is a slap in the face and shame, shame, shame on you!!!

Discovery ChannelDiscovery Plus

ok you got me to sign up for Discovery + as i do really like the shows even though it thought it was shady how you took shows off existing apps! Anyway i' subscribed and have already cancelled in first month because the app is so horrible. Takes me an hour and half to two hours to watch a 40-50 min episode due to continuous problems of rewinding back to earlier parts of show and i battling to FF back to where i was! The worst app i've ever used and i like the shows and tried...just can't justify paying any longer for something that doesn't work.

• Lo
                                    Lorraine Orr Mar 08, 2021

Same here. Wasn't happy about paying for the service but finally caved and purchased. After trying to watch three or four programs I gave up. Rewinding and buffering...what a pain. Just cancelled after only three days of fighting with it. Shame on you Discovery for taking away programs and then offering a sub par service to replace.

• Do
                                    Donna Bercheni Feb 27, 2021

I hate how it cuts in and out while you are watching a show or really fuzzy picture

• Ci
                                    Cindy Campos Feb 25, 2021

Me too! I only have it on my roku at the time (haven't uploaded to my smart tvs yet) but between the buffering and resetting itself back, like you said, you can't get through a program w/o losing interest from frustration. Will likely cancel also.

Discovery ChannelDiscovery +

I currently have cable. I have a large monthly bill which I pay so that I am able to watch my favorite television and cable shows.

I particularly enjoy many shows on the Travel and Discovery channels.

One of my favorites is the Expedition Bigfoot series. I watched last season and looked forward to the new season beginning. The new season did begin early in the new year; 2021. I watched the first two shows and looked forward to seeing the the 3rd episode the following week...however, I didn't get to see any new episodes.

Why you may ask?...I don't stream; and don't even know how, and even if I did, I wouldn't pay an additional $4.99, to sit at my computer to watch shows in my home office...especially since I already pay a cable company to enjoy television. The travel channel only ran the first two episodes for several weeks and keep putting up a rather large display that I could find the new episodes by paying $4.99 a month and streaming.

I am beyond disappointed in the Discovery network. To now tell me that the only way I can see the remainder of the series is to pay you.

It is always about the money and never about the customer isn't it?

My email address is: [protected]@yahoo.com.

Thank you.
                                  An unhappy viewer.

• El
                                      Eldridge12 Feb 24, 2021

Waiting for the day that all the people that set in their real nice offices &real nice homes and figure out to scam people that cant make it on fix incomes.When you try to give the reason that you changed every things to get more money to our LORD .He said in his word to do unto others as you would have them do unto you .sat an pounder on that

Feb 19, 2021

Discovery Plus, also their Help desk — Unable to access discovery plus with promo code.

I signed up for the Discovery Plus Valentine special on 2/13/21. (Valentine Special is 6 months ad free for...