Menu
DirecTV Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

DirecTV
reviews and complaints

www.directv.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.0 2197 Reviews

How responsive is DirecTV's customer service?

537 Resolved
1650 Unresolved
Almost disappeared 🫥
We're pretty sure that if DirecTV showed up wayyyy more often on ComplaintsBoard and paid more attention to reviews and complaints, it would lead to better results. But for now, the resolution rate doesn't show successful interaction with customers. We advise reviewers to be careful when communicating with DirecTV and be ready for the chance your problem might not get a response. It's also good to start looking for other solutions if your issues aren't fixed as you want.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for DirecTV has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

DirecTV reviews and complaints 2197

Newest DirecTV reviews and complaints

D
11:32 am EDT

DirecTV Collections

To Whom It May Concern, My Name Is David G. Mendes and I i'm Disputing a bill on my credit report for 507.89 for equipment that was sent back to Direct T.V.. I recently Spoke with a Direct T.V. representative and he said they did receive the equipment and I have to dispute it since it was Aug 10, 2011.. My account number is [protected].. So can someone please help me with this issue.
Thanks Kindly,
David G Mendes
71 Jacob Street
Dochester Mass, 02124

Karla Fagan
Crescent City, US
Nov 19, 2010 2:46 am EST

Called Direct T.V. and asked them SPECIFICALLY if I could get Laker T.V.
Was told absolutely if I just signed up for a certain package
Signed up.
No Laker T.V.
Now I am told the only way to get the Lakers is to pay another 191.00!
Please help!

N
8:05 pm EDT

DirecTV paid in full

I was contacted by an collection agency on 11/03/14 about funds I owed this company DIRECTV, I inform the CSR that I knew about the debit and that at the time I was unable to pay, to call me by the end of that week. The CSR called 11/7/14 and we spoke I told him that I was not able to pay the amount that I was disable, the CSR spoke to a supervisor and they said that my debt could be reduce due to situacion to $224.54 if I paid at that time, and my debt would be paid and owe nothing. I trusted them and I call the company DIRECTV to see how long will it take to come off my credit report and the CSR said that I still have a balance. How can you have an collection agency collect funds for you and still have a debt, of $175.46, I should be clear of debt from this company..you have your $$$$. The phone number to that account was [protected] . Please look into this situation it is affecting my credit report the fact that I paid and it still shows a debt on my credit report...I feel that I don't owe anything due that I paid amount requested by collection agency!

E
8:22 am EDT

DirecTV monthly costs

Directtv has inched it's way up on my bill from $95 to $107 dollars in two years. As a elderly person on a limited income this is unacceptable. When you call them you receive a canned statement about how much it costs to receive the programming. Trash, I would like to know how much they are lining their pockets with profit? I am so disgruntaled with this company I could scream. Do not enroll with Directv they do not care about customers, I've been with them since 1999, they are a money hungry monopoly that needs regulation. DO NOT BUY DIRECTV you will be sorry I assure you.

B
3:01 pm EST

DirecTV fee for installation for moving

On July 5th of 2014, I had direct tv at my home. I moved out on October 1st 2014. At that time I put my account on vacation for six months. I called today March 2nd 2015 to get service back on at my new residence. Then I was told I had to pay a 200.00 fee for them to hook back up. I was told they did not tell me this when I put on vacation because, I did not ask. And, they also told me that the time I'm on vacation is extended on to my two year contract and, was also told because, I did not ask that's my own problem. I'm on ssi disability and, cannot pay a two hundred dollar fee to turn back on. And, so because I did not ask I'm suppose to pay the 200.00 fee for reconnect. I personally think that I should be able to terminate my contract with them because, they are ripping people off when they tell you because, you didn't ask they should be able to charge you those fees.

Sincerely,

Jodie Cook

G
7:49 am EST

DirecTV stealing from workers

My husband was a subcontractor for Mastec. The company he worked for was called suntech though, and when they started ripping him off, he looked for a new job. Today he went to go pick up his last check from suntech in South Carolina by the way. So if you live in or around Elgin then stay clear of them. His check was $400 short. They claim it's from call backs, which they just so happened to have gotten in a 2 day time span which was like I said $400 worth. Yeah right! A lot of the dates that they said he did the service on were way past his 90 day period where he would be responsible for those clients, so they really had no business messing with his money. The owner of the company is a real jerk, and a thief! Stealing from hard working people, who are just trying to make a living. We have four children to take care of, and my husband busted his butt for his company, and this is what he gets in return! Jonathan Heath Hopkin is the owner of this company, so if you happen to see his ad in craigslist or wherever, then just make sure to run the other way.

1skippy
1skippy
Taylor, US
Feb 23, 2015 3:25 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

If kept records of the jobs he did he can challenge them as they will have to disclose the information pertaining to the claims they are making. The EEOC is the place to file a complaint with if he was an at will employee. I don't know if independent contractors can do this but they could advise him where to start.

2:02 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

DirecTV - account closed auto pay still being taken out

My father, is 99 years old. His home on 734 Mallard Street in Redding California, sold in June of 2014. The Directtv account was in the name of wife, Virginia Jane Redelsperger who passed in November 2112. Directtv has continued to auto bill the account. The money continues to come out of account number [protected]. Directtv came to 734 Mallard too the old...

Read full review of DirecTV and 37 comments
L
3:03 am EST

DirecTV directv rebate failure

Fri Feb 13 2009 I signed up for DirecTV promotion promising a $50 & $200 rebate if I purchased a flat screen TV and subscribed to DirecTV service for 2yrs. I fulfilled all the requirements and soon received the $50 rebate. The $200 rebate was promised within 60-90 days but after more than 90 days without the rebate I cancelled the service. I was then billed a $322.85 early termination fee which I refused to pay based on their failure to uphold their part of the agreement. Within a year they stopped demanding payment. Now. nearly 6 years later I get a collection letter demanding payment. It is my hope that COSTCO will stop allowing vendors with dishonest and destructive practices to prey on COSTCO customers. Please request that they stop harassing me for their failure to honor their agreement.
Lance G. Peyton/Exec Mbr # [protected]; 26520 Keissel Rd, Colton, CA [protected]

View 0 more photos
L
3:50 pm EST

DirecTV fraudulent banking practices

Went to Mexico to live for a while, was given the local directv rep phone# by our real estate agent. He came out and installed the equiptment. Took my debit card for automatic payments .Paid for the entire time we were in Mexico. During our stay we moved from one house to another. I called Directv to get them to move the dish. I was then informed that Directv does not service Mexico and they couldn't move the dish.I then called the installer, and he said he would move it for $150.00 cash.I again called Directv and they found out an account for me with a San Diego address. Iv'e never lived in San Diego. The installer then said never contact Directv always call him for any service issues. in Sept. we decided to move back to Montana, called the installer and he said to keep the equipment it was ours and we could move it and use it here. On Jan 20th I noticed a $4.00 withdrawl on my debit card. I called the issuer Direct Express and notified them that this was not authorized and do not pay Directv any more money. They agreed. I also contacted Directv and disputed any outstanding balance. ON Jan 21st I received my SSDisability funds on my Direct Express debit card. I used about $260.00 and later that day Directv took the balance of $1001.00, leaving me penniless. Without funds for food needed medications or rent money. I called Direct Express and Directv and they both said they would get back to me. Iv'e called them numerous times since with the same runaround results. Neither business seems to care that creditors can not garnish disability funds, even though I don't owe Directv anything. I hope this is enough data to get something started.

H
10:37 am EST

DirecTV Unfair cancellation fee

I am a 72 y.o. grandmother, partially handicapped as I now need a walker, and not doing very well financially. I receive Social Security benefits and receive some state help and food stamps.

I started a contract with Directv on 8/1/2012. I ordered the DVR receiver for my living room TV and a HD receiver for the bedroom TV. In November 2013 I updated the HD receiver in my bedroom. I paid $83.98 which included $19.98 shipping and installed it myself. I cancelled Directv on 1/7/2015 and was told I would have a $200 cancellation fee. I was told that by getting that new receiver for my bedroom, my contract was reactivated for another 24 months. I spoke to a supervisor and he threatened me that they would have a collection agency after me. He also said the phone calls are recorded and he could prove that I accepted all the terms of the new contract. I can't remember this. I asked the rep on one of my many calls to send me the contract that I agreed to and was sent a blank contract order form. I was told they sent me an email with the information in November 2013. I don't remember that either. They never sent me proof. They are only going by their recorded phone calls. I called again on 1/8/2015 and spoke to someone named Serena and told her my problem. She put me on hold and when she got back to me, she told me that the fee was waived. I called again this week and was told that it was denied and they couldn't find any conversations with Serena about the fee being waived. I told them I wanted the money back that I paid for the receiver and they told me no, that is a one time fee. I am livid.

I received a bill for $215.16 and sent them a check for $15.16. I also returned one receiver last week and they still haven't received it which worries me. They told me to keep the other receiver as they don't want it.

When I called AGAIN last night I asked the rep to explain their so call policy on equipment. He
told me that every time you get a new or upgraded receiver, your contract is extended 24 months. So if I bought another TV for my kitchen or computer room in 2014 or whenever, and got another receiver, the contract would again be extended another 24 months from that date and the previous contract would not count. It goes with newest equipment. This is criminal. They will not bend. I put in a complaint with the BBB and will see what happens.

These people are nasty, rude and uncaring people. All they want is to screw you out of money. I am struggling financially and can't afford the $200.00.

I don't know where to turn.

Read full review of DirecTV and 1 comment

I just received a phone call from Directv and was told that they waived the $200 cancellation fee. I filed a complaint with the BBB and they contacted Directv and agreed on a resolution. I am so relieved. Directv's phone No. is 800-531-5000.

Al Tiseth
Chatham, US
Apr 02, 2023 10:16 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was a DirectTV customer for 27 years and now cancelled because you no longer have the NFL Sunday Ticket. I sent back all my receivers 6 of them and now I was billed for one day of service and $120.00 for early cancel. I have no problem with the charge for the one day service but the $120.00 is wrong. I have called your support people at least nine times and they said it would be corrected and it never has and they said a manager would call me but never did. I was charged the early fee because they said I ordered a new receiver and the two year period was not over, I never ordered a new receiver but the service department replaced one because it did not work.

I had a service agreement with you people for 27 years.

I have paid the bill and I will never do business with you again

7:56 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DirecTV I was just told today that I owe you money?

I had Direct TV services back in 2008 cancelled my services when I moved/sold house. Have not had any services under my name since then and when I called today to ask a question about services I was told that I have an outstanding balance of 24.46 for services in 2011 and I am disputing this amount because first of all I never received a notice or a bill. Secondly, I did not have services with Direct TV in 201. Again, I have not had services with direct tv since 2008.Therefore this is NOT my bill. I would really appreciate it if you remove this balance from my name. Thank you

3:07 pm EST

DirecTV charging my debit card

On 12 / 13 / 14 i checked my account and found that direct tv had taken $522. 04 from my account. I immediately contacted my bank and disputed this unathuorized charge and closed that account. I contacted the nimrods in customer service and they have to send you from one dept. To the other before someone picks up the phone and gives you the direct line to customer billing and disputes. I was told i needed to prove to them that direct tv had taken money from my account by sending them my bank statement, , , wth! Did you prove to me that i owed you money for an account i have never had with you?! I have never nor will i ever have anything to do with this company in amy shape form or fashion! These people are cons running scams on people with false allegations of contracts that do not exist, embezzeling from hard working american citizens bank accounts and then hiding behind made uo policies that a none customer would have absolutely no knowledge of!

Read full review of DirecTV and 3 comments
3 comments
Coep
Columbus, US
Dec 11, 2014 7:07 pm EST

Feed freezes constantly. Takes an average of 4 sev to change channel.
Nearing the end of 2 year misery contract.
Going back to ATT which I heard bought Direct TV. Ugh

Ron schultz
Janesville, US
Sep 12, 2013 10:14 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Paid my june bill with my credit card was taken out of my account. Direct tv said that the payment was rejected, called credit card company and talked with their rep whereas he assured me that it was taken out and not rejected. Still have not received credit for that payment and has screwed up whole billing account. Just got shut off, called them to see if i could get it straightened out, no such luck.

S
S
shawn ely
, US
Sep 21, 2013 9:35 pm EDT

This is for all the cable companys this is not fair to the ones that pays therebill you cut off my tv when i already payed my bill stiil with out no tv for two weeks and i have kids to pl help

1:25 pm EST

DirecTV Cash card promotion

Sent cash card went to use it at costco and it came back as stolen at the register. I showed her I just received via fedex. Called direct tv and got bounced around from dept to dept then finally got to talk to someone and they said "oh we have been having a problem with some cards coming out that way and will get back to you within 10 days". How can you give out stolen credit (cash) cards thats illegal and if I did that I would be in jail!

View 0 more photos
D
5:13 pm EST

DirecTV terminating service

Direct TV was contacted on 10/2/14 to discontinue service by the end of the month. We were told boxes would be sent to our Montross, VA address. Moving day came and went. We received an automated call stating the boxes were on their way and when contacted they said there is no record of terminating service. To make a long story short. We are still waiting for a box to return the big receiver.

Direct TV makes the mistake and we get the bill for the equipment. My husband has been on numerous lengthy telephone calls trying to resolve this issue.

Why couldn't a Direct TV van stop by and collect the equipment? Why couldn't we stop by a Direct TV facility and drop off the equipment? No that would be too easy for the customer. They would rather harass us and make us bring the two receivers 3, 000 miles across country.

It is now 11/12/14 with no progress. We need a large receiver box mailed to the Hesperia, CA address that was provided numerous times already! Is that such a difficult task?

The service industry is terrible and Direct TV is in the lead! Don't subscribe with Direct TV. It's like the roach hotel. You can get service but you can't out of it.

Tj.
Colorado Springs, US
Oct 17, 2013 9:51 pm EDT

Subscribers to direct tv no longer get abc. The local is krdo chan 13.

J
7:54 pm EDT

DirecTV billing me for service when I have never been a custumer

Direct tv has been removing money from my account for someone else bill.I allowed a friend to use my card for deposit yet 7 months later they started removing money from my account for my friends bill.Several times in fact they have took whatever they could from my acount.Currently they are trying to take $478 at once for a grand total so far of $637.64.I was not aware they could illegally take my money if the other person does not pay.When I call direct tv they are very rude and refuse to give me my money back.They supposedly sent it to finance department which turned me down for refund.They tell me it is my responsibility to pay if the other person does not.And I should contact my friend for the money.They do not have to give me my money.I feel these people are just going to get what they want illegal or not.

H
1:32 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DirecTV payment did not credit

I made a payment on 7/19/2014 through a checking cashing place which I paid 105.00. I was shutoff because of payment. So I contacted the check cashing place rep Mark at Blackwood clementon Rd. I notified him payment went to the wrong account went to [protected] instead of my account [protected]. He gave me the phone number to Check Free Pay [protected] option 3- rep Jeff who stated that the payment was corrected and directv recieved the payment and it should be credited to my account from Directv since payment was sent to them and verified they received. I called 7/28 to Directv spoke with rep Jeff who was working with team leader Debbie who stated payment will be credited to my account and it took about 10 days to se it on my account. I called a 2nd time 8/18 spoke with Caroline explained the situation and she told me that she read the notes on my account and Directv will credit my account and I will receive a call from finance department still no money on the acct. 9/2 called again explained my problem again she said payment was there but will send it to finance department so they can credit my account after a week or two called again account still not credited, 9/15/2014 spoke with Adrianna(Directv) she stated that request to finance department to credit my account and she took info from receipt-she asked for receipt number gave her number [protected] waited another week because I have a shutoff pending 9/21 called 9/20 spoke with Elmo(directv) payment still not showing claims he will send to finance department--I am upset and I am aware that there is Aug payment that is due but where is the 105.00 I made. I am frustrated called five times still no satisfaction and today is 9/20/2014.--please help me resolve this. Stephanie D. SMith 42 farmhouse rd Sicklerville Nj 08081

7:22 pm EDT

DirecTV robb my account

When i got direct tv, i paid $33..00 every month.For one year, after one year i called to cancel my account, the told me it was for two years . I agree to stay until my two years done.I can't imagine the took in my account $72.36. I called to cancel, the asked me to paid $ 220.00 plus the second month. In this case i need a lawyer to help me please.

MkStItCh
West Seneca, US
Sep 18, 2014 8:22 pm EDT

Ok... The start of the complaint I understand... THEN you start to type in another language or something because it makes NO SENSE...

W
7:48 pm EDT

DirecTV bait and switch tactics

We have had Direct TV service for one year. It included local channels, which, when we signed up for Direct TV, would be the Toledo, Ohio, channels. We needed these local channels because of it being the area in which my husband drives for work. We were assured we would have those local channels. Today, without notice, our local channels were switched to an entirely different city. When we called Direct TV, we were told that was just the way it was. That the FCC determines what local channels we could get. What happened in one day to switch us from one city to another!? We were told we could not cancel - yet THEY are in breach of contract because they are not delivering what was promised to us!

10:28 pm EDT

DirecTV sales department

I called an ordered a package deal with Internet for 66 dollars a month. I waited for the equipment for almost 2 weeks. The Installers came to the house Sunday to install the equipment. I Found out that we are not getting the Internet. I called customer service and was told I did not order Internet. I told him the confirmation number and he told me had the wrong number. I feel that direct tv has done false advertising. I was told that I have to pay 63 dollars a month just for direct tv. Internet will be 49 dollars more and only can use 20gbtyes. I do not like being lied too. I will not tell people to change to direct tv. I don't like to be lied too. I Will not stay with a company that has employees that lie and do not honor their advertIsed price. Installers were professional.

J
6:04 pm EDT

DirecTV installation and movers fee

Direct TV did not do the installation correctly. There were supposed to rectify this situation, but the installation guy called in sick 2 weeks after the original installation. I also suspended the account due to moving a few months down the road and was never notified of a movers fee until i purchased a new house and was getting ready to set up the new installation. Also, i submitted multiple e-mails and made multiple phone calls only to be told lies and that the movers fee only costs $199 vice $300. I also requested to speak to a supervisor on multiple occasions, but never received a call back. This company is terrible especially for one that prides itself on customer satisfaction.

E
12:10 pm EDT

DirecTV dont have an accoutnt with direct but money was taken off by this department

0n 08/17/2014 i called my debit card to find out i didnt have the money i put on my card in my account.i called my bank to find out direct t.v was the one that took my money out of my account with out my permission. i never had an account with direct t.v nore do i plane to get service from direct t.v.if this what you have to look foward to direct t.v taken money out your account with out permission.no thank you..i have never had this peoblem with money beening taken from my account with out my knowlage.i dont know how they did it when i dont have direct t.v.and you have to go through hell and hot water to get your money back. but they dont take but a minute to remove money out your account with out your permission. thats wronge on so many levels.

DirecTV In-depth Review

Pricing and Packages: DirecTV offers a range of pricing options and packages to suit different budgets and preferences. Their pricing structure is transparent, with clear information on the costs associated with each package. Customers can choose from various package options, including basic, mid-tier, and premium packages, each offering different channels and features. The value for money offered by DirecTV's pricing is generally considered to be good, with competitive prices compared to other providers in the market.

Channel Selection: DirecTV provides a comprehensive list of channels, catering to a wide range of interests and preferences. Their channel lineup includes a diverse selection of entertainment, news, sports, and lifestyle channels. Additionally, DirecTV offers premium channels and sports packages, allowing customers to access exclusive content and live sporting events. The variety and diversity of channels offered by DirecTV are highly regarded by customers.

Equipment and Installation: DirecTV's equipment is known for its quality and reliability. Customers have reported positive experiences with the performance of DirecTV's receivers and remotes. The installation process is generally smooth and efficient, with professional technicians handling the setup. DirecTV also provides customer support throughout the installation process, ensuring any issues or questions are addressed promptly. While there may be additional fees or charges related to equipment and installation, they are clearly communicated to customers upfront.

Customer Service: DirecTV's customer service is responsive and effective, with representatives available to assist customers with their inquiries and concerns. Customers have access to various support channels, including phone, email, and online chat. The helpfulness of customer support agents is generally praised by customers. Based on feedback and reviews, customer satisfaction levels with DirecTV's customer service are generally high.

Reliability and Signal Strength: DirecTV's signal is known for its reliability and consistency. Customers have reported minimal disruptions or outages in their service. The signal strength may vary slightly depending on the location and weather conditions, but overall, DirecTV provides a strong and stable signal. Any reported issues or outages are promptly addressed by DirecTV's technical support team.

On-Demand and Streaming Options: DirecTV offers an extensive on-demand library and streaming capabilities. Customers have access to a wide range of movies, TV shows, and other on-demand content. The user interface is user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and access on-demand content. While DirecTV's on-demand library may not be as extensive as some other streaming services, it still offers a satisfactory selection of content. The quality of streaming is generally good, with minimal buffering or playback issues.

Contract Terms and Cancellation Policy: DirecTV's contract terms include a specified length, typically ranging from 12 to 24 months. Early termination fees may apply if customers cancel their contract before the agreed-upon period. The cancellation policy is transparent, with clear information on any associated charges. While some customers may find the contract terms restrictive, others appreciate the stability and benefits offered by longer-term contracts. Overall, DirecTV's contract terms are considered fair and flexible.

Overall User Experience: The overall user experience with DirecTV's services is generally positive. Customers appreciate the wide range of channels and packages available, as well as the reliability of the signal. The quality of customer service and support is highly regarded, with prompt and helpful assistance provided. While there may be some limitations in terms of on-demand content and contract terms, DirecTV is still considered a reputable and reliable service provider in the industry.

How to file a complaint about DirecTV?

**Guide on Filing a Complaint Against DirecTV on ComplaintsBoard.com:**

1. Log in or Create an Account:
- If you already have an account, log in to ComplaintsBoard.com. If not, create a new account to proceed.

2. Navigating to the Complaint Form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button at the top right corner of the ComplaintsBoard.com website.

3. Writing the Title:
- Summarize the main issue with DirecTV in the 'Complaint Title' briefly and clearly.

4. Detailing the Experience:
- Mention key areas such as transactions, nature of the issue, steps taken to resolve, personal impact, etc.
- Provide relevant information to support your complaint effectively.

5. Attaching Supporting Documents:
- Attach any additional supporting documents that can strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data.

6. Filling Optional Fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you seek.

7. Review Before Submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it to ensure it effectively conveys your concerns.

8. Submission Process:
- Click the 'Submit' button to submit your complaint to ComplaintsBoard.com for review.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com to stay informed about the progress.

Ensure each step is clearly defined to guide you effectively through the process of filing a complaint against DirecTV on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact DirecTV customer service

Phone numbers

+1 (800) 531-5000 +1 (855) 838-4388 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with DirecTV?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DirecTV Customer Service. Initial DirecTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DirecTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DirecTV. Discuss the issues you have had with DirecTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.