Dillardspoor customer service

I'm not sure how the pay or commission in structured in the shoe department for Dillards stores, but it is infuriating to try and shop there. If you're like me and like to gaze at shoes, think about what you own that they would go with, what you could buy that they could go with, are they the right heel, etc... you don't want a line of sales people swarming around you, asking you every three seconds, "Can I get you anything?" It should be simple enough, eyes down, looking at shoe - leave me alone vs. eyes up, looking for sales associate - offer assistance. This brings me to the next phase of my gripe... commissioned sales should be based on helping the customer, not throwing a box at them and running to harrass the next customer, and then becomig aggravated when another sales associate steps in and offers service. First of all, I'm not a piece of meat, I'm a person who wants to enjoy some guilt-free shoe shopping. When the "sales associate" walks away to help someone else, it kind of sends the message that he/she is not too concerned with whether or not I like the shoe or need another size or style, only typing their little employee number into the register so they can earn the most money off the most customers. Today, I was actually confronted by an associate who threw a box of shoes at me on her way to help someone else, when the shoes weren't a "fit" for me I looked up and she was across the department hovering over someone else, right on cue, another associate appeared and I asked for another shoe in my size. Of course, when associate A returned she wanted to know why I had let someone else help me?! I didn't make it a secret that I didn't want to play this game, this shopping trip, but she continued to remind me that she had helped me first... holding out the shoes she had tossed my way before abandoning me. So I asked, "Am I supposed to feel bad or guilty because someone else helped me!?" Associate B gave her the, "Okay, you can keep this one" nod and I immediately checked out and left with about $100 worth of shoes. Furious. I can't stand shopping at the women's shoe department at Dillards. It's just not worth it.

• Le
    Leenica Jun 22, 2011

I took my business to younkers where I can at least get someone to check if the size I needed are available either online or preorder.

• Le
    Leenica Jun 22, 2011

I came in to Dillard today to look for a coach sandal for a friend's birthday, and I asked the sale person to check to see if the size 61/2 are available. She insist that all 61/2 size shoes are all available on display that none are in the back. I don't like buying anything on display even if it means it's the last one. I like to think that I spent my money on brand new shoes never been worn. I don't want to waste my money on an item that had been touch by tons of people. All in all I hate Dillard bad customer service. Poor quality product. Plus you can't make a return on shoes item! Not even for exchange!

• Me
    Meteorshower14369 Jun 10, 2011

As an employee at Dillard's I will whisper a little insight in your ears. We HAVE to sell you something when you are in our department, if we don't we loose our jobs. Our pay can be cut 10% if we are not up to their selling standards, and if the next review we are not up to their standards again, we get fired on the spot. The only way we get a raise from the company is to oversell their outrageous sales goals. If you return your item you purchased the amount of the item is a negative on our quota for the day, we have to struggle to sell another item to compensate for the amount of the item the customer returned. If I was able to find another job (believe me I tried <50 apps in 5 months) I would, but for now they are paying my bills...