Having problems with Dell?

1800 285 1653 (USA and Canada)
1300 655 533 (Australia)
1800 880 022 (Malaysia)
1800 280 3355 (Singapore)
1866 563 4425 (Mexico)
+1 512 728 7424 (International)
+44 800 028 2660 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 446 255 (New Zealand)
+32 24 819 288 (Belgium)
+45 70 230 182 (Denmark)
+31 206 744 500 (Netherlands)
+41 844 811 411 (Switzerland)
+63 26 632 000 (Philippines)
+966 800 844 3743 (Saudi Arabia)
+27 800 167 000 (South Africa)
+82 802 003 800 (South Korea)
+66 26 707 250 (Thailand)
+54 800 222 0154 (Argentina)
One Dell Way, RR1-61
Round Rock, Texas

Complaints & Reviews

paying for incomplete order!

I ordered a promotional deal from Dell. It was a combo of a 46 inch sharp TV & blue ray together. They were shipped from 2 different shippers. I received the TV but not the blue ray. DHL shipped the blue ray. According to the tracking information the blue ray got to their warehouse & never left. DHL looked for it for a few days then said that I had to contact Dell & get another one shipped & Dell can file a claim & DHL will pay since they lost it. I have been fighting with Dell since February on this. The customer service people said they would order a new package & we would return the TV we have. They did this twice. When I called for status I was told that it was canceled because the promotion was over & they don’t have blue rays in stock for Sharp. I asked for them to contact sharp & have sharp send me one & file the claim with DHL. They refuse to do this. I even said if they would just give me a credit for the blue ray & let me order another one, they refused this also. Sales told me that a Sony would be compatible with Sharp TV. Customer service would not send me a Sony either. I was told no credit, no blue ray & tough I have to pay the same amount just for the TV as I paid for the promotional deal. I sent a certified letter to Dell Inc. as an escalated issue. I received a call from a Tina & an email, after playing phone tag with her she offered me a $100.00 voucher toward another blue ray. Blue rays cost between $400.00-$500.00 dollars. I told her this was unacceptable & that they are ripping me off making me pay the same amount for the TV as I would pay for the TV & blue ray. I asked for someone above her & she said there is no one. I asked her if she was general manger, CEO or president of Dell & she didn’t answer. I told her that I was not going to let this go. She finally said she would talk to colleagues & see what they could do and would call me back the next day. I have heard this before so I asked is she promised she would call back & she said she would. This was Wednesday April 2nd. I have not heard from her. I have left her messages & sent emails & I cannot get a response. All I want is my order completed & a blue ray sent to me. I have to pay on the bill or I will be sent to collections. I am paying for an incomplete order.

I contacted DHL & they told me that a claim had been filed but would not tell me any more information since I am not the one who filed the claim; they said Dell would have to contact them. I told Tina that they had filed a claim with DHL, and DHL said for her to contact them. She would not do this, I told her that they are going to get paid from me & DHL and I have no product.

to dell the truth...

I simply cannot believe that a company would not even attempt to change its ways after having read countless complaints about the way Dell handles its customers!! Ihave been through one of thee most frustrating experiences - my computer is now dead and i have lost everything after following for FIVE hours what some tech person told me to do!! I am still trying to contact headquarters and will not stop until I have had a chance to tell Dell the truth about their company!

• Je
    jeannette felster Apr 23, 2008

I had basically the same problem and dell totally ignored me.I called in as i have many times to customer care and tech support only to get ppl who r'nt any better than me when it comes to computers. They told me i was entitled to a system exchange and all the info was taken down and i was told it took 7 days to receive the new 1 but then next day i get a call not going to get it it was turned down. My comp is under warranty until 2009 and i was told by tech support it is my memory and they cant do nothing about it piss poor business if u ask me.I have satelitte and have had my receiver act up i called and within 2 days have a brand new updated one at my door not dell. My comp is totally useless to me have to use neighbors as i was told to delete all my stuff and i even had it trashed so another person couldnt get info and now im doomed with no comp. My advice is DO NOT BUY A DELL.

• Gl
    Gliattitd Oct 09, 2008

I have spent a minimum 7 hours trying to get a Dell support tech to understand my dvd drive needs to be replaced. They have uninstalled many of my software packages - including my old Canon camera software that I no longer have the cd for and Canon doesn't support either... thanks Dell... Anyway, what do they pay those guys? Do they even make a $1 an hour? You would think if you spent 7 hours on the internet and phone with a customer it would be cheaper to just replace the dvd drive... (they're on newegg.com for $29.99). What are they paying these guys that makes this such a big deal? Dell Support is the most inefficient organization I've ever dealt with. They even tried to sell me a deal where I could talk to an American - I told them I already paid for their extended support, why would I pay more? This isn't a racial issue or anything, I don't care what nationality they guy is, I just need a new dvd drive!!!

lack of customer service

I recently applied for a dell business account. I was told it would take 6 hrs to process but since it was 5 pm on march 11th i would be contacted the next day. I waited and waited and then called on the 17th only to find out that since my company owes no money to anyone that i had no credit history with equifax which i dont understand since i deal with major bank and payed off 6 figure some in 5 yrs nonetheless when i asked them to contact my bank they said we dont do that sir(this was for a $499 computer by the way) and that i would have to buy it personally. This was not possible since i could not deduct the expense on my business. He said i would have to do it that way but when i asked him why did it take so long to find out and why did i have to call the phone went dead.I sent emails to both customer service and the sales person who sent me email saying so u wanna buy dell? all to no avail. My suggestion buy a computer from someone named ex: harrys computer emporium you might end up with some real customer service something DELL IS SERIOUSLY LACKING.

theft. on tc

Respected Sir

This is Varaprasad Giddi from Pune, Maharastra.

Sir I am the citizen of Andhra Pradesh, and I come from the district called East Godaveri. P.Gannavaram. Sir I have been studying in Pune, Maharastra.

Sir recently when I came home for the Christmas vacation, and while I was coming back to Pune in the running train somebody robbed my belongings and in the baggage I have my laptop also which is Rs 50,000 of worth. I complained but nobody responded to my complaint. I was traveling from Rajahmandry to Pune in Konark Express 1020, S7 on 7th of January, it was Monday morning between 4 to 5:30 am some robbers cut the chain and robbed all my belongings in that baggage I have important documents also. I strongly believe that the TC of that train also involved in it. Kindly help me I have none to contact. Please take my request into consideration. I will be thankful to the government of Andhra Pradesh and to you all. I will be glad to give you required information.

Sincerely

Varaprasad Giddi

defective computer

I have a defective computer with a 3 year warranty that is good until August 2008. I have been on the telephone with their consumer resolutions for 2 months. After numerous test on the computer with their technicians in Phillipeans and India nothing has bee done. Around 2 weeks ago I was speaking with Hamamma in India and she was sending a local technician to my home to replace the viedo card and hard drive, after she decided that we were not getting my computer fixed long distance. I was leaving on vacation so she said call when I returned because I had to be there for them to come withing 3 days or the order would be cancelled. I called her twice and e-mailed also with no return call or E-mail and was finally contacted by some one named Siddharth Rep ID [protected] who e-mailed and did call Feb. 8 at 2:25pm. I did not know he was to call then so I was not at home. He said he would call again today and I have waited all day for his call. I probably live within 20 miles of a new Dell plant and this is the service I get. What good is a 3 year warranty if you can't find some one to honor it. I do not know what else to do. Do you have any suggestion? Any help will be appreciated. Also everything has to be done on their schedule and I have other things to do besides waiting by the telephone for a call that never comes.

Marilyn Martin
2733 Martin St
P.O. Box 117
Walkertown, NC 27051
[protected]

lost my free financing

Recently, my tell financial bill informed me that I had lost my free financing which was supposed to be on until 6/08 but had been terminated as of 12/07. They say it's due to late bills (one in November I HAD paid but due to all they're outsourcing they were unable to communicate with collections-I answered call to collect for 4 weeks). Now, my interest rate is 28.45% and they started it at the beginning of the loan. Currently, I owe more than I originally paid for the lap top. I contacted them by phone, unable to get anyone in Austin-only outsourced Indian employees-who informed me I had to write in order to contact anyone higher up then she. I have sent a letter, including signed receipt required and tracking ability. Is there anything I can do-I'm a single mother trying to get a college degree???

• T
    T Mar 18, 2008

Dell is doing the same thing to me. It would be good to check out the FTC fair debt collection act

Section 806 subsection 5
    Causing a telephone to ring or engaging any person
    in telephone conversation repeatedly or continuously
    with intent to annoy, abuse, or harass any person at the
    called number.

If the above happins file a complaint with the FTC and Attorney General.

John DeVito May 27, 2008

I would like to know how Dell gets away with charging such high Interest . When their computers cost are higher than other computers. They are not worth the money they charge. I want to know how to report them to get the interest lower. 29% is outrages. I have called them and they could care less. The only solution I have is to go to either a company which will make a settlement with them or to a credit counsel and have the interest lowered.

Jason Jun 11, 2008

I have owned a dell computer, of which i have been financing through dell financial services, since 2017. The original cost of the computer was about $699. My interest rate is around 29% and i pay a minimum of $65 a month. After 5 years of paying this same minimum payment, my account balance is over $1600 and i probably paid over 5 times the amount i paid for the computer already. I usually pay on time, but boy if you try to pay online one day before the bill is due, they wont process it for like 5 days. So, i then get tagged with a hige late fee. Dell wont do a thing about it. I have written letters and called them up, asking to either lower my interest rate or let me pay off the rest with 0%, and they pretty much turn the other cheek. Its a joke.

• Re
    Renate Penny Jun 18, 2008

I will encourage our company not to do business with Dell any longer. I am a fiscal adminstrator and find that Dell's practices are very unethical in as far as getting help in the USA. All of their customer service reps are in India. A check that was mailed in April was lost in the mail it never ran through our bank account. I did not know that until after I made 4 calls and spoke to different people in India, which took one hour of my time and more. In the meantime we have been charged financial charge after finance charge. A rep from India calls every two days, which I feel is harassment. The reps from India are limited in the English language and it is like talking to a recording almost as they repeat the same thing over and over again "this conversation is recorded, etc, etc." but no one can help as far as having access to Invoice Numbers in order to get descrepancies corrected.

To find out that one of the checks did get lost int he mail should not take one hour plus. I was able to get someone in the states on the phone and I was able to make a phone payment. However getting the right personal to helpme took 45 minutes.

• Ni
    Nik Jan 05, 2009

I have used Dell in the past for personal use and my company set up a Dell Preffered account to buy new techonology. With that said I will NEVER use them again. I would rather pull out my teeth than deal with any of their customer service agents. As the technology buyer of my company I will be taking my technology needs elsewhere. Regardless if I made the mistake or they did they are impossible to work with. I do not recommend them to anyone unless you want a headache.

• Bi
    bigginksu Mar 07, 2009

Wow, I noticed there was a lot of complaints about DFS, and I should of read them before opening an account.

Well, I opened a DFS Preferred account in November 2017. With this account I purchased a laptop for my wife's Christmas gift and a Sony DSLR for my personal gift. I never received a bill until January. My total on the account was almost $1300. I paid the account off in full in the first week of Feb. 2017.

We were out of town on the second week of Feb. and we have received at least 20 calls per day on our answering machine from DFS - all automated calls seeking to collect on a debt. Talk about harassment!!! On top of it, the account was paid off! So, that day we came back home, the phone rang. I answered it and it was some idiot from Inda calling on behalf of DFS. I advised him that the account has been paid in full over a week ago, and I did not appreciate the harrassment, and the SOB hung up on me!!!

At this point, I emailed Dell's customer service to file a complaint. 48 hours later, I get an email from a character named Romeo pretty much saying that I was late on my payment (I was not!), thus the calls. No apology was offered, and that SOB pretty much justified the jerk's behavior on the phone. I was FUMING at this point, and I started an executive complaint -- this was a mistake.

I sent an email to both [email protected] and [email protected], and instead of receiving a response from the Almighty himself, I get an email from an outsourced team that handles executive complaints (damn Dell, do you do anything for yourselves??). Some screwed up name that I can't pronounce, but she called herself Cathy. Next day, she calls me on the phone and we talk. The conversation felt genuine, and during the conversation I asked her "So, what is Dell going to do to mend relationships with me? Getting extremely poor customer service twice, I took that as a personal insult!" Then the conversation went sour. "Sir, your account was flagged as a late payment." At this time I blew up.

"No, it was not late! In fact, I paid it off in FULL!" Then she started to go off about DFS policies, etc. I had to remind her 3 times that this does not give DFS the right to treat their customers the way they treated me. She then finally said "Well, this whole incident was your fault, and Dell will not compensate you for your frustrations." Then she had the balls to email me a followup.

Well, I responded to that email and courtesy copied several other executives, including the president over North America and the company's CMO, and attached read receipts to the email as well. Never got one from her, but I did get some attention from the executives. 72 hours later, I get an email from Cathy saying that she can issue me a $75 coupon for my next purchase. I'm tired of arguing because my frustrations were worth WAY more than $75 (I demanded a 40%-50% off of my next purchase, or a substantial amount of credit). I felt that my frustrations were worth $75 TIMES the amount of times I was slapped in the face, but I was tired of aruging and accepted it.

I am going to close my DFS account and start making purchases on my trusty bank VISA. At least I know that the person I will deal with is local, and not in India. The only way that Dell is going to learn from this is either by bankrupting Dell, or forcing business to come back to the states by letting Pakistan and India go to war and obliterate each other.

Michael Dell is truly a coward, but a typical American businessman. No wonder why this country is in trouble financially.

• Ca
    Cathy Smith May 21, 2009

1 - Please take your time to read more about ID theft in USA. 2- United States citizen should read ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE applying for an acct.
    3- Your are talking about "trouble financially" . Companies are looking for a way to pay less to their employees without outsoucing their businesses this cant happen.
    4-Most of the people that have thick accent is because they do speak more languages...HOW MANY LANGUAGES DO YOU SPEAK?
    5- Take your time to review a World MAP not all countries are call INDIA only one does.
    6- Open your mind there are so many beautiful things outside USA...CENTRAL AMERICA AND SOUTH AMERICA exist...and bad news for you THEY ARE ALSO AMERICANS...

• Co
    conservative Sep 07, 2009

We purchased two Dell desktops in Dec '08 on the 9-month no interest program. We made payments faithfully each month repaying the entire balance by the end of June '09. However, they screwed up the account and kept charging intereset. We called the customer service line multiple times. Each time they assured us that the account had been corrected. Eventually, they did get it set to 9 month no interest - on the same statement that noted the final payment received. Yet there was still an outstanding balance of $25. Then they started with the automated calls to remind us. When we talked to them again, they forwarded it to the disputes department. They now say that the amount is still due. When I called the final time, I talked to a "Rick Smith" (with an Indian accent). He then transfered me to "Jeff Smith" (also with an Indian accent). Neither of these people could look up the notes made on my account on previous calls (the "dispute" department cannot look at the details like "customer service" can). I asked if I could call back to the customer service number. He said I could try. Now I know what he meant. If I try to call from my home phone, the automated system pretends to connect me to a customer service person but then hangs up. If I call from a different phone, I can get to a live person but as soon as I identify myself by account number they hang up. What a crock!

antidell Sep 22, 2009

They'll do absolutely anything to make a buck or save a buck. They hired, for security at their plants, the same company that was in charge of airline screening where the 9/11 hijackers got on their flights.

• Er
    Ernst Nov 07, 2011

I recently purchased two items from Dell online, a DLP projector and a XPS laptop. The purchases were made separately, but both appeared at the same time on my Dell bill that was mailed to me. The laptop had a no interest for 12 months promotion, whereas I'd would not have to pay interest at all if I paid it off completely before the promotional expiration date. A minimum monthly payment still would apply for the laptop. The projector had no such promotion and would require immediate payment in full to avoid a finance charge.

My plan was to pay the full balance that was due on the projector and to pay the minimum required payment towards the laptop. My worry was that they'd credit the payment towards the laptop first, then what was leftover towards the projector. After reading a note under the Finance Charge Summary section of the bill, I was sure all would go fine. It stated' PAYMENTS ARE APPLIED FIRST TO MINIMUM REQUIRED PAYMENTS WITH EXCESS TO CREDIT PLANS IN ORDER OF PROMOTION EXPIRATION DATE.

There actually is a column that lists the Promotional Expiration Dates of the different plan types. The projector (REGULAR LOAN) was not a promotion and it did not have an entry in the PED column. The laptop had a date approximately 12 months out. In my logical-thinking mind, I assumed that after both minimum payments were credited, the rest of my payment would go towards the projector and it would be fully paid for.

I scheduled an electronic payment and it was credited to my account. Unfortunately, my worst fears were realized, the excess payment was credited to the laptop, THE ACCOUNT WITH 12 MOS NO INT. Needless to say, I was fuming. I immediately got on the phone to India to straighten it out. I was assured that it would be resolved and my payment re-credited to the correct plans.

What really upsets me is how incompetent companies can be. Do they pull these kind of stunts on purpose? I'm starting to think so. With the order in which they credited the plans on this last bill, I would've had to COMPLETELY PAY OFF BOTH PLANS to avoid a finance charge. So much for 12 MONTHS NO INTEREST.

poor performance!

I own a 1st generation XPS laptop (alias “Baby”). I purchased Baby as a refurbished model. This March my 3-year extended warranty will expire. I'm in a quandary about renewing it. Other than a worn audio jack (which I caused by heavy use), my Baby works like a champ. So far I got my money’s worth from Baby’s dependability and sturdiness. I’m a power guy and I need a “portable desktop”. Now three months before my warranty expires my Baby goes “kaput”. Dell Technical Support was called.

Baby (being blessed) has never had an emergency with Dell Technical Support. For 33-months, Baby was never in dire need of repair. Within Baby is my working dissertation. Mind you, just two days work is not replicated on a Seagate portable drive. Those two days of work may be a curse. Here is my story. I call it The Curse of Case Number XXXXXX5979.

It began on Jan 13, 2008. My late evening chat with a Dell Technical Support was quite interesting. They had me pulling out my RAM, Disk Drive, and other parts to do “shot gun” troubleshooting. For those of you not familiar with the term, it’s when you take a WAG (Wild %#@ Guess) by isolating the problem component by removing it. Well, the WAG pointed to the motherboard. Quite understandable it was a “Post” problem. The “idiot lights” lit-up then go off less then a second. I felt comfortable with the Dell Technical Support diagnosis of it being a motherboard problem. A dispatch was created to remove and replace the motherboard.

On Jan 15, the motherboard arrived. However, the local Dell Technical Support could not fit me in his busy schedule. No issues, I’ll just have to wait a day.

On the next day (Jan 16), the local Dell Technical Support technician met me at my work site and proceeded to take apart my poor Baby. I never saw her spread across a table in pieces before. I watch him perform this task in amazement. I believed it was taking a toll on him when he had to remove a part that he previously installed. My Baby was put together. And better yet, with no remaining parts! At the moment of truth, the “Post” problem still persisted. Additional “shot gun” troubleshooting was performed. I was disappointed that problem was not resolved. The Dell Technical Support technician proclaimed that the processor was bad. This technician was really quirky. He actually insulted the on phone Dell Technical Support due his difficulty in understanding the heavy accented female on the other end of the phone. She was only trying to assist him. A new dispatch was created. This Dell Technical Support technician balked at the chance to fix my 33-month old Baby. He referred her to a more cunning technician close to my home location.

Alas, two days have passed (Jan 18). I went online to Dell’s Technical Support website to get a status on my latest dispatch number. I looked at it. Low and behold, I was snow delayed! Funny, how I looked outside then looked at the terminal and repeated this action several times. I just raised my hands and said “It must be snow delayed on the other end”.

That weekend, my Baby sat on the cold floor of my home office as a door stop.

Bright and early Monday (Jan 21), I called the Dell Technical Support to get a status on my latest-latest dispatch. To my disbelief, the dispatch was canceled. It seems that the cunning Dell Technical Support technician was unaware of the worksite and home location switch. The note on the canceled dispatch said “no contact information for customer”. The parts were promptly returned to sender. I quickly gave a piece of my mind with whom ever I could contact via telephone and email. I was rest assured that this does not normally happen. It was written up as a “wrong queuing” issue. There were miscommunication or the lack of communications between the quirky and cunning Dell Technical Support technicians.

The cunning Dell Technical Support technician was very apologetic on Jan 23, No clear explanation was given in why the parts were shipped back. The appointment time was prematurely set for the next day. The replacement processor was not in hand, but he made the extra effort to keep a time slot open for my Baby.

On the morning of Jan 24, the cunning Dell Technical Support technician called me at work and confirmed when my Baby was going to be looked at. I promptly went home to await the Dell Technical Support technician. Twenty minutes into the time slot, he arrived. Again, my Baby was treated like a car wreck. Spread across a well lighted kitchen island in unrecognizable pieces. I watched carefully as my Baby was being rebuilt. One thing that was missing from the Baby’s emergency kit was thermal grease. After the trip to his car, he applied it onto the processor. I remember seeing him tighten the processor lock. Not once, but twice.

The climax of the rebuild fizzled. The “Post” problem shot down the confidence of another Dell Technical Support technician. This cunning technician called the phone Technical Support to get additional advice. Again, the heavy accented support person can be heard giving out mumbled instructions. At one point, the cunning technician became upset. A mumbled voice can be heard telling him to re-tighten the processor. He adamantly proclaimed the processor is hard to access; “I definitely did tighten down the processor”. I agreed with him. I saw it with my own eyes in what he did. Finally, the dreaded words were spoken “Is the customer acceptable with the idea of sending the laptop to depot?” I unquestionable said I have no objections. The cunning technician indicated that Baby will be looked over with a fine tooth comb. It made me feel better that my Baby was going to be looked at by specialists. Laptop and power adapter must be sent to depot. A replacement power adapter will be sent along with a return laptop kit.

The power adapter was received on Jan 25. I as questioning why the return kit was not delivered at the same time. A call was made to the Dell Technical Support. They assured me that it was on its way. Just wait one more day. If it’s not there in the afternoon, call again to correct the issue, if its an issue.

Jan 26, I kept peering outside my porch. At 4 PM I called Dell Technical Support. They looked and looked. No return kit was ever sent. Really? You figured that out a day late? The latest-latest-latest dispatch was created for another return kit.

Its still the Jan 26, thirteen days since my Baby developed a “Post” problem. I casually started to look at my email on Baby’s older brother (Sony Viao). Great, a new email from Dell, maybe a new status! But wait, this time, an order confirmation. I read on. It seems my call to Dell Technical Service generated this. Apparently, this phone Technical Support (one time incident as it says) was for a problem resolution on an expired warranty. That did it. This was no longer a simple case. This case has been cursed since Baby went belly up.

I promptly called Dell Technical Support and issued a formal complaint. Why charge me for a service call when Baby has a valid warranty? No one could explain it to me. I spoke to a Dell Technical Support manager. He was very apologetic. He asked what he can do for me. I told him point blank. Fix your Technical Support processes. The delays have accumulated due to process screw ups. I told him it may be that the people are not being properly trained or following process directives. They surely can’t be semi-intelligent employees, there are just too many of them working at the same company. It’s has to be the process that Dell has in place, No checks and balances. A simple lookup at my express service code will reveal my warranty is still valid. Multiple orders are just that. Item are shipped in more that one box. As the Dell Technical Support manager puts it, “I agree with your frustration. It’s not normal occurrence with your delays”. After that he was very quite on the other end...

Thirteen days and counting, I’m taking bets on when my baby is getting fixed. I figure the good money will be after Feb 6 2008, unless the curse says otherwise. I wonder what is in store for baby at depot and her return trip home. Yes, it not a normal occurrence, it’s the curse of Case Number XXXXXX5979.

To be continued...

• Mo
    Mordy Feb 13, 2009

I just came across this post while looking for a link to how to make a formal complaint to Dell and also to demand a copy of the case notes for my "support" case, I've been keeping a tally of how many promises I have recieved that haven't been kept...the count is now at 27. I bought an XPS 730 (the flagship desktop machine from Dell) and it died six months after purchase, to cut a long story short there were many engineer visits to no avail and eventually it was agreed that they couldn't fix it and would replace...it is that replacement that I fear I may never see :( It's been over six weeks now since the original died...it's not unreasonable is it to be a bit miffed about that? I mean...it's not as if I used it for software development to pay the bills or anything is it? Oh wait...no...actually I did.

dooder85 Feb 18, 2009

I'm currently working on getting my case notes. As far as i can gather, India is unable/unwilling to provide them. Two managers there referred me to customer service (always closed) so I emailed them off the website. The reply I got was vague, so I just requested a confirmation that my request was forwarded to the proper department. If this doesn't work, I'm going through to the privacy officer (his email is listed on Dell.ca). If i have any luck, I will post an update

• Bo
    bohemia421 Jun 12, 2009

I've had a similar problem. When my computer stopped booting up I contacted Dell and it took over a month to get the initial problem fixed. I endured my service tag being transfered to the UK (I'm from the US, bought the computer in the US, and have never asked for the tag to be changed), someone cancelling my warranty (and then claiming I asked him to do it), over 3 hours on the phone, about 10 different chat sessions with computer technicians, and technicians unwilling to accept that I would not and will not ever open the computer myself. It wasn't until I threated to sue Dell over false advertising/claims that they finally dedicated one person to my case who, eventually, will get my computer in proper working condition.
    If you have similar problems I suggest looking at any emails you've gotten. If a technician failed me, I clicked on the link provided in their email which allows you to email thier superior. I simply kept doing that until I found someone who could help. Also, it never hurts to threaten legal action and to do it from your law firm's email account.

unresolved account problem!

I bought a computer from Dell last summer for 1815.77 and financed it for three months of free interest. Big...

false collection from dell

It all started when I received a email notification from Dell Inc. The sale was for flat screen TV's and my company has been thinking of purchasing one for our power point presentations, display of items in our catalog etc...

After choosing the desired TV I ordered a Sony Bravia 40", DVD recorder and a service plan.

I applied for credit and was approved.

1 week went by and I was told the TV was on back order. Then I was called and told that it would be shipping on 11/01/98.

Then I was called and said my order was cancelled because my home/office did not have a land phone to verify who I was they would and could not except me from my cell phone.

The order was cancelled. However, the service plan was not!

And now my nightmare begins...

I called nearly 15 departments and was shuffled for nearly 2 hours on 1 day, no one seems to want to work outside the box. I was transfered finally to Dell's Resolution department in Austin, Texas and spoke to a guy named Aaron. He promised me he was going to cancel out the service plan from my account considering Dell never sent me the TV nor can you see anywhere they sent one.

It is now December 21st 2007 and I get a call everyday from Dell Collection. Every day I explain that the Order was cancelled and I asked if they can see a charge for $1300 anywhere on my account along with the $379.00 for the service plan. They can not.

I ask: If you only see a charge for $379, what do you think the charge was for?? Their response is always the same: fax us, call us, send us the info. I have written a complaint letter to Michael Dell the beginning of December, I have written emails to my Customer service rep. still no one will help me.

Today was the best:

I asked: what is the charge for? The Indian Man said you bought a service plan.

I asked: What was the plan for?

He said: a TV.

I asked: Do you see the balance or purchase price of the TV on my account?

Indian man said: No.

I asked: Why would I only have $379 on a credit account with out the Television?

Indian man said: I dont know, I cant help you, you need to call.....you need to fax....

I asked: Do you have a manager?

Indian Man: Yes, he'll have to call you back.

======

It seems this team of collection agents do not have any records of my account. 6 days a week including Saturdays Dell Collection department calls and tells me I am behind on my service plan payment for my 40" Sony Bravia...Meanswhile I dont own one!

======

They have used up nearly 652 minutes by calling me.

======

The shame of all this is I have purchased 3 desk tops, 3 note books,1 Palm from them since 1997. The do not care about past purchases. My loyalty means nothing to them. All of their employees do not want to work outside of their box to solve this problem. Instead they call me everyday, read the notes of my more than 30 converations and still ask? Mr. Russo...when can we expect your $35.00!!!! Your past due!

FIRST PURCHASE INFORMATION IS BELOW, ORIGINAL PURCHASE 40" FLAT SCREEN, DVD RECORDER & 3 YEAR SERVICE PLAN:

Order Information

Est. Delivery Date: 12/4/2007-12/6/2007

Carrier: Data Temporarily Unavailable

Tracking Number: Data Temporarily Unavailable

Quantity Item Number Description Unit Price

[protected] Ground Delivery only. LCD TVs 40 inches and larger can not be expedited $0.00

Order shipped email signup

Request a Return

View My Orders

Associated Order(s)

Because different parts of your order may ship separately, you may have several order numbers. Below are all the other items that make up your full order.

Associated Orders

Items Per Page: all

2000xxxxxxxxxxxx

Bravia KDL- 40S3000 40in HD-LCD Television

11/25/2007 Canceled N/A

dell laptop has been one of the most stressful if not worse investments I ever made

I sent this letter with a copy of the search showing 4400complaints against Dell to the Federal Trade Commission

JUDY PERRONE, CMA RMA

Round Rock, Texas 78682

RE: Inferior Products

Customer service

Dear Mr. Dell:

The purchase of a Dell laptop has been one of the most stressful if not worse investments I ever made.

After spending hours on top of hours and not to mention numerous emails with your customer service over the past 3 years in reference to a Dell Inspiron 5120 laptop, I purchased in 2004, I felt it was necessary to make and take the time out of my busy schedule to inform you of what is going on with your products. The dilemma is where to start.

Let's start from the ordering process:

1. Marketing stated no interest/ no payment for one year. False. After tedious hours of arguing with your customer service, it took a class action against Dell to resolve the problem. Not a good thing!

2. The unit was ordered with an internal wireless unit. Never put in. When I called to complain your customer service told me to go out and buy a key and they would reimburse me. Again, after hours of arguing, they sent me an external key. Not what I wanted, never worked properly and very delicate. Not what I paid for from the beginning.

3. The wall adapter would get extremely hot. My significant other is a firefighter and he feared that that the unit would start a fire. Your customer service refused to replace the defective unit�so we replaced it ourselves out of fear.

4. I then had problems trying to connect to my wireless internet. After speaking with Linkys�they determined that it was a Dell problem. Again it took endless hours to repair the problem�just to try to get someone that we could comprehend on the phone was very trying.

5. In April of 2007, the unit would not hold a charge. Again, after many trying phone calls and the costly replacement of a new battery and again another adapter, the unit had to be returned to Dell, and we finally received authorization. Please reference attached work order. The unit was returned.

6. About a month ago, the problem reappeared. I try to explain this in an email to your customer service to no satisfaction. I tried to call but I do not have the time to hold on forever to your customer service lines. Waiting times of at least 15 minutes. Doesn't indicate a good thing. That many problems!!!!!

7. I took the unit to a local Circuit City. Lo and behold there were four other Dell Laptops experiencing the same problem. The Firedogs checked out my unit. It was determined that it is an inherent problem. The same exact problem as before.

8. I phoned your customer service today. To no avail they won't replace the unit because the warranty expired 9/30.07. I became very angry and tried to explain to this robotic person on the other end�that the problem is inherent and the same as in May. It was never repaired properly. He 'David' very insultingly tried to convince that parts don't go bad in 6 months. Baloney!!!!! It was probably a refurbished part in the first place!!!! New Jersey Lemon Law applies to products as well as cars.

9. I asked to speak to his supervisor and all he could repeat was that the unit was not under warranty. I know that and if the problem had originally happened after the expired warranty there would not have been a problem now. I just would never replace it with another Dell.

10. 'David' informed he that there is no one higher than him. I laughed and asked if he was Mr. Dell. I asked for the corporate office�he informed than that there weren't any. Imagine that!!!

11. He said he would have the 'executive office' phone me. I almost believe that!

Needless to say, I am frustrated, disgusted and want the unit replaced.

Everything that you list on your customer commitment has been totally negated. It is most unfortunate that I know at least ten people that have had the same problems with Dell units, customer service and satisfaction.

I would apologize for contacting you personally but I can't. It is very hard to communicate with people (your customer service) whose verbal skills do not meet the standards of Americans.

Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration to this matter.

Yours truly,
Judy Perrone

no proper functioniung of microsoft vista

Thsi system we havee purchase one month back.
Within few days of installation your servicee engineer Sylesh visited the system asnd addjusted the internet options. Sincee then we are unable to access the broad band connection properly.
We have made several calls to your service center but no action has been taken from your side.
Recently all the documents in my documents in drive C vanished
In Paint Text is not comming.
CD is not accessable either for reading or for recording.
Frequently system is hanging
There are no hard disk partitions.

Set right the issues mentioned above immediatly.

• Ra
    Radhika N Nov 18, 2007

The dell service is very bad. They have recruited under qualified people for the service job and the quality of service is very poor.

• Qu
    Quay Dec 28, 2007

Spot on... Dell's customer service is apalling. Very incompetent staff. Took me about 3 months to sort out an issue with them delivering the wrong printer. They are very reluctant to forward calls to senior staff but eventually I got through to their customer care department who took swift action. Highly recommend you speak to their Customer Care.

• Ro
    Robert Grimal Jan 31, 2008

We have been a happy Co. with Dell units.

We have a car club for 40 years. We made our club a charty club to help little children, with ony medecal things that are bad. The familys need help also. So we have a show one a year and ALL funds to to the person we listed to help. I would like to know if we could ask you for some help. We get things from companys and we post ther name as much as we can all over New Jersey. The show will bring in around 5,000.00 People. I think it would be a good time for Dell to set up a vender stand for us too.

My Phone # 973-418-6221 Or E-Mail [email protected]

Robert Grimal

• Be
    Besmart Oct 14, 2009

DO NOT BUY DELL!!! YOU WILL BE VERY SORRY...TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. You are a NUMBER only and will get the royal run around. Promises made...NOT kept! Terrible experince with VISTA...Run fast if you hear the words DELL or VISTA!!! People tried to warn me not to purchase a Dell product...I should have listened to them. I now work FREE for Dell..everytime my computer has problems - which is at least once a week, (slow, disconnect from internet, programs do not run, etc.) I am then "trouble shooting the problem on MY TIME (after being connected to at least 4 or 5 "supervisors") I spend HOURS on the computer and telephone with so-called Dell "techs" tring to "fix" the problems Vista couses. New computer-Dell will not stand by their product. They will not replace Vista with an operating system that works. I paid over 2, 000.00 for this piece of CRAP!
    Dell should be ashamed of themselves...they have created a company without a soul.

• Ro
    RogerArmstrong Nov 11, 2009

Well...at least it's nice to read something that is grammatically correct. I was beginning to wonder if this site was a terrorist site designed to look like dumb Americans who can speak English trying to degrade Microsoft and Dell, but at least this last complaint is coherent. And...I agree. I bought a Dell Studio and installed Microsoft Vista 64, why the 4 is below the text line is weird to me, but I digress, anyway...I think it's the worst decision I ever made. I've been using PC's since the IBM PC, then IBM PC XT and IBM AT. Significant improvements in hard drives, RAM and obviously when the internet came along, the speed in the internet. But of all the computers I ever had, they were slower mind you, but they worked. My Dell with Windows Vista has been the most frustrating experience I've ever had with a PC. Disruptive pop-ups, programs just suddenly not working, changes in MS Office that offer so much flexibility that you can't figure out how to do the things that used to be simple. What a bunch of crap! I used to make videos on an AMIGO (Formerly Commodore) 15 years ago and had better success, though admittedly slightly less artistic appeal, than I do today with Pinnacle Studio 12 on a Dell with Microsoft Vista. I think something happened with the groups from Microsoft and the Developers of Pinnacle. They used to work well together to ensure the product worked well, but with Windows Vista 64, it seems a lot was over-looked, and still no one is caring, working to resolve the issues because for the last 8 months I still get the same error message saying Microsoft will look for a resolution and notify when they find something. Hmmm...no response from Microsoft in over a year now. I used to love Microsoft and Dell, they had good people working hard to find solutions, but now it seems that they just want to sell the next version of software and don't care about those of us trying to make a living with the crap they sold us yesterday.

dell hard drive failure... again

Just FYI, my wonderful piece of @!#$ Dell Laptop computer (service tag 8GF7521) has failed again. This is the second hard drive that has crashed and 4th time I lost everything on this computer. Once again, I am without a personal computer. The computer showed no recent signs of a possible problem.(although It did have a colorful past).

This morning I woke up to find the "Blue Screen of Death" on my computer. Upon re-boot all my hard drive did was make loud scratching noises, then the screen displayed "no hard drive could be found". I have an older back-up, but still lost thousands of man hours in research, music and photos. I had supposedly the best virus software available "BitDefender", but that remains to be seen. Windows is an unstable OS and I am done wasting my time talking with Dell technical support VIA India. Windows and Dell computers should come with an automatic back-up and free external hardrive, as both have proven to be as dependable as a wet paper bag.

Pretty sad that all my online time with this computer has been for my email and reading CNN and MSNBC news. Everything else was documents I composed offline. Needless to say, my laptop is the last Dell product, and Windows based computer I will ever own,. I strongly recommend you all do the same, unless you enjoy losing all your work every few months and spending countless hours with Indian technical support and reinstalling software. I am going to purchase a Mac as soon as I am financially able (which is a long way off) As a result, please limit any and all email as I can only check it once and a while from work.

I am going to forward this to Apple so they can use this email however them seem fit.

• Ka
    kapil arneja Dec 19, 2007

I have applied for two laptops, one is for amandeep singh, and second is for me. On the same day and same time through one cheque. NOw the cheque has been cleared and till date only one laptop is delievered and second is not which is for me. I am daily mailing to mahesh badam and abhiruchi. But even they ar not replying on email and not picking up their phones. so they are working with dell india a very big reputed company, but they do not know how to attend customers. So I am requesting you to kindly take necessary action against them and delivered the laptop. My order no is 2279392. Otherwise I am having all proofs that your company people are harrasing me and not delievring the laptop. Waiting for the positive response. That is of dell india.

• Ne
    Neha Apr 29, 2008

I have hardly used my dell inspiron 1525 and the motherboard has already blown off . I am without the laptop for the last 1 month but the customer care centre and technical support centre refuse to co-operate and speed up tha matter . First of all, I have to wait endlessly for the customer care to pick up my calls .Then they tell me that the part is not available in India and so I am waiting endlessly for the part and engineer's visit . Dell laptops are the worst . I will not recommend anyone in TCS to buy a Dell laptop . It will be the most harrowing experience if You happen to buy a Dell laptop by any chance .

• Di
    Dilip Jun 04, 2008

I had got inspiron1420 dell laptop.It came with an inbuilt Vista OS.But i had removed the OS and installed XP.When I installed XP i could get few drivers from the online.But i couldn't get the graphic driver to be installed in XP.Because of this video quality is poor and display is not good too.And also i couldn't play any graphical games too in my laptop.So please say me a remedy to this issue.I want the graphical driver to be installed in my INSPIRON1420 DELL laptop.So please say me a remedy.
    Expecting your reply at the earliest...

piece of junk

Dell Computers - www.Dell.com

My complaint seems to be one many have. I got my Dell computer almost two years ago and from around the fourth month I have had issues with it. First the power supply, then thermal issues modem issues all along and because I didn't have the funds to extend my warranty I am in a mess.

They will do lots for you but with a price and they do not stand by there product. Did I mention that I have replaced the power supply three times and that to make the computer run I am going to have to replace the board and processor.

Clearly it is manufacture defect. The tech guy who was on the phone with me for a very long time tried to get his supervisors to replace the whole system was shot down by them, and told to direct me to out of warranty where there is a price on everything.

I have stupidly recommended there product to many family members and friends (something I will correct in the next few days). I made the biggest mistake of my life getting this computer. I usually build my own and then I know what I am getting. I took a short cut and now am paying the price. Really Paying. We live and learn.

The XPS is not as fast and strong as advertised and I know.

If only one person decides to buy another brand of computer then I will feel like I did something for mankind.

dell sent me a computer I did not want and won't give my $6000 back!

Dell canada - www.dell.ca I read the post titled dell hell, and I feel like I am walking hand in hand with...

poor quality product!

I am writing because of the poor service behalf of dell. I brought a laptop in 2004. In January of 2007 I had to send my laptop back due to many problems. When expecting my laptop back in February 2007, I noticed I never received it. This is because Dell had sent it through DHL and they had lost my laptop on the way to my house. Therefore Dell was responsible for losing my laptop. Dell then sent me a used laptop three months later. This laptop was sent back only to be replaced with another used laptop that was not working. Finally I was sent another laptop which now after a month worth of use, this laptop is not working as well. I have contacted Dell many times for my money or exchange for a new one but no one will help me. I have also spent hours on the phone with technical support and customer support only to find out that they are no help as well. I’ve been through hell with this company in the past ten months. This is the worst customer service ever. No one will help me or call me back. I spent thousands of dollars on their products to only end up with crap.

Beware!

• Ju
    JUDY PERRONE Jan 31, 2008

This is the letter I sent with no results except a phone call apologizing that they (DELL) can't do anything...I also forwarded a complaint to the Attorney Generals' Office in D.C.

JUDY PERRONE, CMA RMA

Round Rock, Texas 78682

RE: Inferior Products
    Customer service

Dear Mr. Dell:

Let’s start from the ordering process:

2. The unit was ordered with an internal wireless unit. Never put in. When I called to complain…your customer service told me to go out and buy a key and they would reimburse me. Again, after hours of arguing, they sent me an external key. Not what I wanted, never worked properly and very delicate. Not what I paid for from the beginning.

3. The wall adapter would get extremely hot. My significant other is a firefighter and he feared that that the unit would start a fire. Your customer service refused to replace the defective unit…so we replaced it ourselves out of fear.

4. I then had problems trying to connect to my wireless internet. After speaking with Linkys…they determined that it was a Dell problem. Again it took endless hours to repair the problem…just to try to get someone that we could comprehend on the phone was very trying.

6. About a month ago, the problem reappeared. I try to explain this in an email to your customer service to no satisfaction. I tried to call but I do not have the time to hold on forever to your customer service lines. Waiting times of at least 15 minutes. Doesn’t indicate a good thing. That many problems!!!!!

8. I phoned your customer service today. To no avail they won’t replace the unit because the warranty expired 9/30.07. I became very angry and tried to explain to this robotic person on the other end…that the problem is inherent and the same as in May. It was never repaired properly. He “David” very insultingly tried to convince that parts don’t go bad in 6 months. Baloney!!!!! It was probably a refurbished part in the first place!!!! New Jersey Lemon Law applies to products as well as cars.

10. “David” informed he that there is no one higher than him. I laughed and asked if he was Mr. Dell. I asked for the corporate office…he informed than that there weren’t any. Imagine that!!!

11. He said he would have the “executive office” phone me. I almost believe that!

Needless to say, I am frustrated, disgusted and want the unit replaced.

I would apologize for contacting you personally but I can’t. It is very hard to communicate with people (your customer service) whose verbal skills do not meet the standards of Americans.

Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration to this matter.

Yours truly,

Judy Perrone

Attachments

CC: Consumer Complaints
    Dell Executives, et al.

defective tv, poor service

Dell inc. www.dell.com Dell 42"plasma tv Dell (who knows where they are located, the customer reps are not...

refuse to stand behind their product

I purchased a Dell computer in March of 2006. By Aug. it was already starting to give problems. I was calling tech support about every 2-3 weeks, until finally they said they would send me a "new" processor. It was not "new". When I opened the box there was a small orange sticker stating that the processor contained repaired, refurbished, or previously used parts. By now the warranty had expired. But this other processor broke down quicker than the first one. First the hard drive, then the modem and cd burner in quick succession. I have talked to customer care 4 or 5 times and have emailed them so many times I lost count. They refuse to stand behind their product. Their response is always the same "the warranty has expired and there is nothing we can do" It doesn't seem to matter that the computer went bad long before the warranty expired. This computer isn't even paid for yet ( I still owe 800.00). I have been disabled for a very long time and had hoped to use this computer to find some kind of work I could do from home. Thank you for listening.

dell hell still true!

Dell canada

I have not, as yet, been able to have dell and dell financial services properly deal with the issues happening to my account.

I have below a timeline of events that have transpired:

Feb 2007 ordered computer system from dell

19 march 2007 contract arrived from dfs

21-23 march 2007 parts of system arrive

27 marcy 2007 system arrived from dell - did not work

28 march 2007 called dell, spoke to ann, received the following dps numbers for returning system:
Xxxxxx044
Xxxxxx337
Xxxxxx659

28 march 2007 called dell financial - informed them I did not accept terms of contract & that system was being returned to dell

30 march 2007 system returned to dell - picked up by ups - everything packed in one box to save dell shipping charges

04 may 2007 received letter dated 25 april 2007 from dell financial services (Dfs) stating that I owed $101.80 - spoke with dfs who stated that one item from system hadn't been credited to my account & that they could do nothing to help me - had to speak with dell and have them credit my account.

04 may 2007 called dell - customer service agent told me that one dps ([protected]) hadn't been processed. Told me it would be fixed within 5 business days, alternative solution would be for me to pay for item, then wait to be credited. I told dell I would not pay for anything I had returned to them. Given case #xxxxxx121

05 june 2007 received letter dated 25 may 2007 from dfs stating I now owed $103.00. Called dfs - still not credited - can't help me, must go through dell.

05 june 2007 called dell, spoke first with adam, then when he couldn't help me, asked to speak to supervisor. Eventually transferred to shane, supervisor, who told me the keyboard was the issue, and had not been credited. Gave me new case #, xxxxxx867. Told me he would put in credit template for me, at which point phone was cut off. Called back, placed on hold, eventually told he would call me back.

05 june 2007 sent letter to dell, detailing problems to date. Haven't had a response to letter.

07 june 2007 dell called back. Customer service was rude, kept asking me the same question I have answered since the beginning - "did I return the keyboard?" eventually told me they'd look into problem, then hung up.

09 july 2007 received letter from dfs - I now owe $104.15. Called dfs, spoke with sue, unable to help - up to dell. Still haven't received credit.

09 july 2007 called dell - spoke with nicki, who told me she would escalate info dfs. Says they credited in april 2007, then told me the system showed a credit went through on 08 july 2007. She then called dfs while I waited on hold, then told me an investigation had been started on

08 july 2007, not a credit as previously stated. Supposedly a credit would be issued when investigation completed. I asked to speak to supervisor, eventually transferred to mike. He told me a credit was issued in april, and would escalate to head office, and would call tomorrow. I asked to speak to his supervisor, as I was now being given yet another version of what was happening. He refused to let me speak to his supervisor, stating he wouldn't waste their time since he had taken care of the problem, and it would all be solved within the next 3 days. When I insisted on speaking to his supervisor, he hung up on me.

08 august 2007 received call from sue at dfs wanting payment. I informed her that as far as I am concerned, I owe dell nothing, and that dell could go to hell as far as I was concerned. She told me she would put that quote in her notes - I told her to go right ahead.

08 august 2007 called dell, spoke to helen. She read notes on the file, then told me she would transfer my call to mike, as he was the one handling the problem. After 15 minutes on hold, she came back online to tell me mike was on lunch, and he would call me back after his lunch was finished. I asked when I could expect that call, and was told he would definitely call me back that afternoon. I asked if he didn't call, was there another number I could reach him at - was told no - just customer service.

09 august 2007 I have not heard from dell. No returned phone call.

At this point I am truly unable to fathom the behavior of the customer service staff at dell. I have repeatedly been left on hold for lengthy periods of time. I have been told to "just pay" and be credited later - which is not going to happen, as I have now seen how well their crediting system works. I have been treated extremely rudely, to the point that one of your supervisors, mike, actually hung up on me, rather than "let" me talk to his supervisor, when clearly the problem was not, and has not been, solved at his level. I am still waiting for this same mike to return my call from yesterday, after being told "for sure" he would call me back that afternoon.

Dell hell is definitely the right name for it. Never again. I bought a mac. Works great.

• Ni
    Nicola Sep 12, 2007

Laughing my ### off. Just hung of from dell, waiting 10 days for them to "process" a return for an item they never delivered. Rude SOB on the phone, telling me they will call me back with the information, 4 separate calls over the the past 10 days still no information. I ordered this more than a month ago. He's telling me it's my fault because I should called and had the missing item redelievered. Never again will i buy anything from this company, and I am telling everyone I know .

JaMan Nov 28, 2009

DELL has HORRIFIC CUSTOMER SERVICE. DO NOT BUY FROM DELL. I UNDERSTAND THEY MAKE DECENT COMPUTERS BUT IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO DEAL WITH YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS, DELL CANADA IS NOT A VIABLE SOLUTION.
    I totally agree with this person's view of Dell Financial Services Canada, although I would be more likely to reflect on them more in the term of "DOWN RIGHT THIEVING, DISRESTPECTFUL SCAM ARTESTS" with no business ethics, and should be banned from operating in Canada. My advice to all: DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE no matter how good the deal sounds. You will regret it

• Th
    thruwithdellhell Dec 02, 2009

Had purchased Dell product for years, first time I decided to go direct instead of through a local reseller. 6 week wait time, so called and cancelled and told it was cancelled. Never saw computers but got billed for them, now fighting my way through that process. At this point I have to ask when was the last time I saw a company with 19 different phone numbers and people who constantly claim its not their department and then send you somewhere else oh yeah RIP OFF / SCAM artists. You know the type stealing money from little old ladies.

do your self a favour NEVER BUY FROM DELL !!!

• St
    studmuffin589 Dec 03, 2009

Yeah, I totally agree to what all of you have been saying regarding Dell Canada's poor customer service and technical support. I solidly recommend that everyone avoid this company like the plague and take their business elsewhere!

I placed my order over a month ago and it still hasn't arrived. They never responded at all to two separate emails that I sent. And when I phoned last week, they couldn't tell me at all when the item was actually going to ship. This company has no idea at all how to properly treat customers, and they have gone steadily downhill over the past year. They also have a tendency to bounce you around from one person to the next while you wait for a long time on the other end of the phone. Well, the good news is that today I finally cancelled my order. Never again Dell, never again. You have lost my business for good.

DON'T BUY DELL Jan 15, 2011

Ordered a Dell XPS on Jan. 7 but the next day decided to add another option. Phoned Dell Canada and was told original order had to be cancelled first. Waited for an hour for a call-back to be told order was cancelled. Discussed new options with rep and then put on hold. Then told again I would be called back in an hour. No one ever returned call. This was on a Friday. On Monday I receive an email saying the order for a new laptop was processed and would be delivered by months end. I emailed Dell back to tell them to cancel the order as I had some questions for the rep that were never answered and had never finalized the order. A few days go by and still no reply. I presumed the order was cancelled until today when Purolator delivered an external hard drive from Dell as part of my order. (free 1TB Clickfree HD).

I sent the package back and then phoned Dell to find out what the status of my order was and why it wasn't cancelled. This rep didn't know why the order was still active but apologized and cancelled the laptop delivery and financial agreement I had with them. She said I would get an email confirmation. Instead I get another confirmation that my order was processed and scheduled to be delivered Jan. 31. This from the same idiot I spoke to originally to put a stop on the order. The only difference this time was that the order number was changed. I replied that the order is to be cancelled (for the 3rd time!!) and that I would never deal with Dell because of [censor]s like him working for the company. I don't care how good their computers are. Customer service is a complete sham. I'll buy locally from a dealer who hopefully has a better grasp of the English language. I'm also contacting my bank to insure Dell doesn't attempt to defraud me. Dell Bangalore sucks!!

the worst and most confusing mess ever!

WOW!!! The worst and most confusing mess ever!!!

Trying to wade your way through Dell Financial services and their web sights is like trying to wade through the Florida Everglades infested with crocodiles!

It is utterly appalling and totally shocking to me to find that the most advanced and what is considered the best computer producing company in most opinions can't find people to design a simple "easy" to access website. I think this website borders on criminal only in that it appears as a plan to make you give up on trying to find information and let your accounts go unpaid at which point they bombard you with all kinds of phone calls and additional charges.

Besides which I doubt I would ever buy another Dell. I have been a sworn Dell user but when I heard that they have teamed with Wall Mart I no longer have any desire to associate myself with a post Wal-Mart associated Dell Corporation. By supporting a post Wall Mart Associated Dell I feel I and anyone else who buys a Dell at Wal-Mart is supporting the further exportation of American jobs off shore.

• Wi
    willie rogers May 22, 2008

My complaint with Dell Computer Company and its DFS is iv been a credit customer for about 3 years in that 3 years they have increased my credit limit 4 times to about $3000. but when i called in to inquire about lowering my interest rate from 29% i was told my credit is not good enough. Maybe im slow but if my credit is good enough for me to get into more debt with you then it should be good enough to lower my interest.

• Pr
    Prasoon Tiwari Aug 23, 2008

I was cheated by Dell Financial Services for a part (Laptop Battery) that I ordered in May 2008. The customer service representative asked me to switch over to the Dell Financial Services asked me to open up a credit account to get a better deal. However, I did not receive the product and was charged for it. Also, I got a letter from Dell stating that I have a problem in my account for which the services have been declined. The Dell debt collection department kept on harassing me to pay back the money owned without spending time with me with respect to find out why I didn't receive the part. They kept on calling me with black calls from India. Finally, I decided to pay back the amount owned along with the penalty to get rid of Dell. I have been quite surprised to know that I am not unique here. NY state has filled a case against Dell for cheating customers by not providing them the promised services. I will not buy a product from this company any more.

I will never do business with dfs or dell again!

Dell Financial Services (DFS) repeatedly and falsely accused me of failing to return a leased printer at the end of a business lease. Not only had I returned every piece of leased equipment by the deadline, but I had paid DFS more than $150(!) to come to my home office to pick up and ship my leased laptop and peripherals (including the printer in question), hoping this would ensure proper handling of the equipment and make the end of the lease go smoothly.

DFS should have arrived at my home office with a complete list of items to be returned, and they should have checked their list against what they picked up on March 15, 2007. They neglected to follow these simple and common-sense procedures, and in their unpreparedness and lack of attention to detail, they failed to properly account for the printer that they loaded onto their very own truck that day.

Although the situation has apparently finally been resolved in my favor, the entire fiasco – which resulted in DFS’s collections department hounding me with phone calls, something I've never experienced before and hope to never experience again – has left me with extremely low regard for DFS and Dell. (The collections department even called me on Memorial Day, a national holiday!) Despite my longtime (about 10 years) status as a Dell customer in good standing, DFS took it upon themselves to assume, before doing a thorough check of their records regarding their own handling of the return of my equipment, that I was intentionally violating my lease agreement. They treated me in an insulting, undignified and unfair manner.

I will never do business with DFS or Dell again, and neither, I believe, will any of the friends, family members, clients, and business associates with whom I will share this horror story.

Jeff Hirst

Douglas Iavarone Jul 20, 2008

They suck. I have had 5 call today on Sunday from Dell Financial about a computer I finished paying for when I refinanced my mortgage. I had to pay them off ( 1500) as part of the deal. After 2 years they're saying they have no record of it and they want me to send them proof. I said I would but I want $ 175 per hour to do it because that's what I bill out for to my customers as a Accounting Software vendor. They said they couldn't so I told the to GFT.

• Li
    Linda Nov 17, 2008

I just posted a comment about a problem I am having with DFS also. I also had problems with payments. Service is horrendous. I also asked to speak with a supervisor and was told that my concerns were not "deemed necessary" to bother a supervisor.

At the time, I was complaing about being charged a fee each time I made a telephone payment. I was never told. If I had been aware, you can bet I would not waste $10 each time I made the payment. I would have made checks out in advance and left them with someone to mail in case we were in hospital when payment came due. They added each $10 fee to the lease and charged interest on it.

I really do not think there are "supervisors" per se. It seems that many of these calls are from a 201 area code (New Jersey) and that they might be calling from their homes. I know I might be wrong, but am not thinking kindly of DFS and assume the worst. Sort of a cottage industry from another country. I also believe they often use fictitious names. (I just cannot imagine there are that many people with Irish or Anglican names but middle eastern accents.)

My current problem is a lease buy-out issue. I made my buyout payment last February and did not hear from DFS until this September. I was told I was late on my payment. I was a little confused and said I did not owe any payments. I learned, after many repeated questions that my buy-out payment was applied to an extended lease because, they claim, it was also late.

I mailed a check in February but it was not cleared until mid March. I found this interesting since DFS usually calls just minutes/hours after a payment is due . . . but took a month to apply this payment? Unfortuntately, I did not follow through on it, assuming it was finished and I could forget about DFS.

I did complain to BBB but was in hospital and unable to respond until after the alloted time. I am waiting for BBB to respond to my request for an extension. I was going to refuse the settlement offered by DFS as it was not fair.

I receive and average of 3-4 phone calls daily but they rarely leave messages and they even call late at night.

I am tired (exhausted) with this. I have called every number I can find . . . even left messages with sales about wanting to buy another computer (which was true at one point) They have NEVER returned my call. I have gone beyong being patient to being rude and indignant. This is not my nature and I resent being put in this position.

If anyone knows of a class action suit, I would love to jump on that wagon.

• Dh
    DHM May 01, 2009

DFS is just a terrible company to do business with. Our first problem began when they started a calling twice a day demanding an immediate telephone payment for one of our server leases. They claimed they had not received the check. I pointed out the check had been mailed to the Illinois center several days prior to the due date and they should have it. They asked me to prove that. I found the check posted in our bank account as having been paid the next day. When DFS called again I pointed out the check was posted and the funds had been deducted from our account. They demanded a copy of the check with the posting date stamps as proof. I could not comply as it was before scanned copies of checks were available from our bank. DFS continued to make daily calls demanding payment and added a late charge to our next invoice. When we received the check at the end of the month I found it had cleared our bank on the due date of the payment. It therefore must have cleared their bank prior to its due date. My complaints to their call center were meant with various excuses. Such as “I do not have the authority to delete a late charge” “You must talk to the credit department to repair your credit. I don’t have a number for them. I cannot transfer you as all the lines to the US are out” “The credit department never removes a late charge for any reason” This went on for quite a while. We finally paid the unwarranted late charge two years later at the end of the lease. The lesson learned? Don’t ever use DFS..Buy HP or IBM

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices