Credit One Bankbad business practices!

I requested via phone line a final payoff. That means the TOTAL amount to close the account. No problem right, well as I was talking to them and gave all my bank information the neglected tell me that there was a service fee of $5.95. After I looked at my bank records they did take all the pay off, so I assumed I was finished with this bank. WRONG!!! Earlier this card was lost and I put a freeze on the account so I was trying to pay it off. Little did I know that after I did they would add the $5.95 service fee to the card. I never received a bill stating this. So after it was late 60 days and still no bill I found out while checking my credit that it went up to $36.00. I contacted them immediately and asked to pay whatever it took to completely close it and for them to remove the late off my credit. Guess what no such deal. I am trying to buy my first house and this has caused a huge mess to my credit. I am a veteran and still in the Military with several deployments overseas, and another coming up. For once I would like to be living in a house I own. Thanks Credit One Bank for helping out. Also to Mr Lamb at the Credit section next time try to be more understanding over a petty $5.95.

• Ba
    Babs Jul 13, 2008

This is the worst bank ever! they charge me every month $5.95 annual fee plus $7.95 direct check fee, in other word to pay online. And to top it all they charge $24.71 finance charge. How will I ever pay this card off is beyond me. What I cannot understand is how do they get away with this? I have not used the card in months.. I would appreciate any sugestions as to what I can do regarding this.

• Su
    Sue in Ohio Jul 14, 2008

I own my own Company (a restaurant) and I received a Card from Credit One and used it only several times, gasoline and such - all is well, and then I needed to order some print cartridges from HP, which would run me close to my limit. So I receive a few thousand dollars in credit card receipts a week at my restaurant, and even more so now with the economy the way it is, so rather than exceed my credit card limit, I credit myself out of restaurant receipts so as to not exceed the limit and they go beserk at Credit One, first it's fraud (on my part) so I prove to them that I OWN the restaurant, and today I received a letter which states that they are closing my account because "the credit could not be validated" What horsecrap. Does anyone have an idea of who or where to report this, it just can't be fair.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices