Complaints & Reviews

Halifax Bank PLC — fraud

HALIFAX BANK PLC 7/8, 167 Moorgate, Finsbury, London EC2M 6XQ, United Kingdom Dated:, Attn: Javed Hussain...

Halifaxtaking money out of my bank

Hi, I can't remeber signing up to you taking money out of my bank? Every month since May you have been taking money out of my bank however, I have not noticed this money go before up until I looked in my bank and my money has gone. Can I have a refund please as I did not sign up for this and can I please be took off your register! I also have the pictures below to prove when it started happening.

Halifax — Payment

I need to know if this letter is authentic HALIFAX BANK Permanent Buildings Commercial St., Tel: 44 - 745 -...

HalifaxStay away from these guys

I have a Visa debit card and my husband also has one. When it ran out, I received my new one straight away but my husband's didn't arrive. After numerous visits to various branches and letters to our own branch and head office, we eventually received a letter advising they were putting a cheque for £75 into our bank account for all the inconvenience of my having to go to petrol stations etc whenever my husband wanted to use his card and produce my own. While we were pleased that in the end, after about two months, the card eventually arrived it was a considerable inconvenience and worry that it had maybe got lost in the post and someone else could use it.

christine hillhouse Jan 16, 2009

hi my bank account with the halifax became 10.00 overdrawn in november and now they have added 105.00 in charges too this and l cannot afford too pay this,
        please help do not know what too do
        chris

Halifax — unauthorised fees

i ha d 4 pound in my bank account and didnt use it. i recieved a letter from halifax saying i owe them over a...

Edinburgh

Camlot Groups Lottery Board — Scam

They trying to scam me, whit a false "Winning" process of 891934 pounds.I send you the copy of that...

HalifaxScam charges

Contacted ombudsman about claiming bank charges back under the hardship rules.Was sent the forms sent them back with all my proofs of hardship.After hearing nothing for a few weeks i rang halifax and explained my case the lady came back to me after a while and said the person who was making the decision on my case was taking too long and had been told to do it that week. A couple of days later i recieved a letter from him declining my hardship claim. I just couldnt understand it because the reason that was given was we had enough money and we were living within our overdraft limit.I rang to speak to the person who made this decision but he refused to speak to me.I then asked for an overdraft increase because we couldnt afford to keep going overdrawn but was refuse because YES CAN YOU BELIEVE IT we keep going overdrawn and carnt keep within the limit we have.Claim has gone back to ombudsman to wait another two months to be resubmitted because of back log. Mean while we continue to struggle and feed the children.

• Sh
          Shikha Jan 22, 2009

i HAVE RECEIVED A SCAM EMAIL SAYING I HAVE WON THE LOTTERY. PLEASE REPLY IS IT TRUE OR FAKE.

• Gr
          Grundov Oct 16, 2009

On 17/11/2008 I visited Corby Halifax Branch to make a deposit of £180, unfortunately for the second time they were having technical problems and could not make any transaction, the attendant did however write me a receipt and assured me once the systems were back up & running the money will be credited into my account, I advised that it has to go in by the 20/11/2008 as I have a bank transfer going out, she reassured me that it should be today, they may have a back log but assured me once again it will be fine, I called the talking bank today to found out my balance, and to my horror the £360 bank transfer had not been done, therefore I spoke to Kate from customer services explained the situation she advised that she spoken with Corby and they had no system problems on that day, and the £35 bank charges would be kept and deducted on the 15/12/2008, due to insufficient funds in my account, I was then put onto her manager Sean who once again I explained the situation and extremely argumentively he was trying to catch me out, called Corby brance again and would not take the charges off me.

• Ph
          Phil Oct 21, 2009

I am adding this to a list of complaints against banks which I hope will eventually reach a swelll that drowns their CEO bonuses until practice changes.

My husband was made redundant two years ago. Since that time we have been trying to survive on his supply teaching while I finish a degree so I can also re enter the workplace better qualified. Our bank Halifax is one of the most manipulative sources of bad practice I have ever seen. Won't bore with details. Here's the point. My husband is paid EVERY Friday for his supply teaching. Yesterday, Thursday, our account was overdrawn by 4.00. We could not move money from another account with the SAME BANK that was in credit because the bank had put a block on this account and made it 'enquiry only online'. The electronic letter promptly arrived this morning (the day my husband's wage was paid in by CHAPS payment at midnight LAST night) that they would be charging me 35.00. I want that 35.00 charge dropped.

Much more than that, having working in the conveyancing department of a solicitors where CHAPS payments are made all day every day, I would like someone like Watchdog to name and shame ALL financial institutions who tie up the individual's money for DAYS while they trade with that money under the guise of 'it takes x working days ' (a term that goes back to horse and carriage days). Anyone who works in a CHAPS oriented industry KNOWS that those payments are located to the MINUTE when you close a conveyancing deal... COULD YOU PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE publicise this process -- the banks in effecgt besides getting massive handouts from us now that are visible - continue to take these INVISIBLE handouts of free money to trade on while it stays ' under the radar'... if enough people knew this, we coiuld probably do something lovely like bring down the Chancellor's Downing Street website (oh dear - its off the radar) until SOMEONE with some accountability stops robbing the man on the street.

HalifaxDaylight robbery

I have a account with Halifax which is current. on 14th. July I did a debit card transaction of £50.62 when I had £46.76 in my account without any Overdraft facility. The transaction was not denied. I corrected my overdran account of £3.86 of 14/07/08 to a balance of £16.40 on 19/07/08 as soon as I was informed. My bank informed me about this and mentioned that I will be charged £35.00 0n 29/07/08 and again £28.00 on 30/8/08!!

I wrote to their customer service and had a reply saying that i will have to pay these charges ( £63.00) for overdrawn amount of £3.86 for 4 days!! These charges have been now taken from my account.

HalifaxAwful bank

Exactly 1 year ago, I approached the Halifax and told them I'd got married and that I need my surname changing, they took a copy of my marriage certificate and updated the computer and told me that my new card would arrive in the next few weeks. My monthy statements started arriving with my new name on. My card has finally arrived nearly a year later and they've put an 'E' on the end of my surname, how can they make this mistake, they have a copy of our marriage certificate, they send my monthy statements in the right name but they issue my card wrong???

Also I've banked there for about 6/7 years and my husband has been with them about 15 years and they refuse to give us a joint bank account! What's all that about??? We are defs leaving the Halifax!

HalifaxRip off

I am interested in receiving responses to any consumer who currently has a mortgage with the Halifax/HBOS and who pay their house contents and or buildings insurance through them! The reason I ask is that last year we finished paying off our mortgage (which had buildings insurance linked) and for the past 12 years have never received any flyers from them on this subject. Lo and behold the year after we had paid the mortgage off, we began to receive such flyers - however the insurance being quoted on these was over £100 pa less than what we had been paying through our mortgage. Smacks of a rip off to me.

So, anything who can contact me either through this forum or on email at ([protected]@hotmail.co.uk) I would be glad to receive information from them as I propose to take the case to the ombusman - the Halifax deny there is any rip off (but then they would)!!