Credit One Bankfraudulent billing practices!

D Review updated:

This company is another one of those credit card companies that thinks that they can squeeze blood from a turnip. We have been trying to pay these people every single month and calling them and working with them and still they charge our credit card fees that surpass the amount of money that we pay.

This creates a never-ending debt that can never be repaid that they hope to be charging us for forever. They refuse to work with us and they simply demand money that we just don't have. We are sorry that we got into debt, but we are like a lot of people who did that.

We don't have any active credit accounts anymore and we are paying off $7,500 in debt at the rate of $293 per month. At that rate, the debt will be paid in a little over two years. I think that we are working as hard as we possibly can to get out of debt, but this company, unlike the other 14 creditors on our debt management plan, refuses to accept payments, keeps the size of the debt going up and plans on taking the next step of suing us.

Thing is, we beg food from the church every month now and there is nothing for them to get from suing us. No judge on the planet will force us to beg more food from the church every month and that is what these people think they are going to get one to do. Good luck with that, Credit One.

• Updated by Psalm 91-BIBLE · Oct 12, 2018

I cannot be more upset with this credit card company. One star is too much! This company should not exist because of how they ROB my money. God is watching you 24/7 and one day all the lies will come to light.

• Updated by Psalm 91-BIBLE · Oct 12, 2018

If I never had a situation in which I need to accept any credit card offer, I would had never accept this credit card company. My money keeps disappearing, funds takes 7-10 days to show up in my account. Even my $0.70 disappear from night to morning. Please stop abusing my money.

Marsha79 Sep 09, 2019

I've been trying to close my account cause im being charged 8.36 a month when i asked why the lady told me it was so i was forced to pay it so they could report it to the beaus that a payment was made. isn't this illegal.

Pat GOMEZ Apr 01, 2019

I have two cards with them, a Visa and a MasterCard. I've caught errors in billing at least 3 times since I've been a customer. Today being one of them. I saw that I was charged a late fee for $35 for last months payment, when in fact it was made on time. I called to question the ungodly amount due and was told it was for last month, late fee, this month, late fee. I was like wait a minute, last month was paid on time, and this months isn't even due til the 21st of the month so how is it I owe a late fee already? That makes no sense. After being put on hold for a few minutes he comes back and says ok, we can waive the late fee. I lost it. I had to tell him to look at when I made my payment, look at when it was due! So he had to back out two late fees after researching, and apologized. I told him that it was not the first time I've caught late fees on my account, he tried to tell me it was computer system problems. Yeah ok. How many others just pay their bill and not question amount due!

• Lo
    lopez12 Feb 05, 2019

I was a victim of online binary scam. It was really a nightmare but thank God i was able to recover my lost money. Feel free to contact me as i will enlighten you on how i was able to recover my lost money
    email> lopezclark18 at gmaildotcom

Christina ozuna Feb 05, 2019

I just got this card yesterday and wish I would have read all of this first... I have tried over and over to set up an online account. Talked to 4 different people and cant get online access. How are you supposed to even pay your bill? Sounds like they [censored] no matter how you pay it... Anyone know how to pay it with no problems?

Pat GOMEZ Apr 01, 2019

@Christina ozuna Omg that is exactly the problem I had in the beginning. I had to call them several times before I was able to set up on line and pay it online. Let me tell you it only gets worse... There are months, no matter what I try to log in, I can never log in, I will get an error to try again later. Then if you call them, they want to charge you $10 to take your payment. I've also caught billing errors... so pay close attention to your bills. They tried to add late fees when my payment was clearly made on time, and I've had to make them back off late fees.

• La
    lady J Spencer Dec 06, 2018

I paid my balance off only to see a 8.25 charge for November which I paid on time only now my bill due 24 of the month I used the card after the 24 and I just received a text the my bill is pass due...…these people are some bloody crook...this the worst credit card I have ever had...

• Er
    Ernie L. Oct 31, 2018

What is even worse is that EVEN IF you cancel your card before your one-year anniversary period, Credit One charges customers a monthly fee IN ADDITION to APR. So---even if you do NOT receive paper billing statements and even if you make all your payments electronically through your bank (so there is not even any check to process), Credit One gouges their customers by charging (in my case) $8.25 month to do absolutely NOTHING.

Don't bother contacting the Better Business Bureau because they are totally useless. They couldn't care less about the fraudulent business practices of any bank.

• Mi
    Michael Honaker Oct 22, 2018

I was charged 4 times for a Foreclosure.com and Said service was canceled after the 7 day free trial expired. I want charges removed and card canceled. I will involve a lawyer if need be. Contact me @ [protected] AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

• Ps
    Psalm 91-BIBLE Oct 22, 2018

I my husband and I often receive scam type phone calls from this company. Very annoying, customer service never knows anything.

• Pr
    Prince Campbell Oct 21, 2018

So I was trying to long in to lay my bill today but it won't let me log in it keeps saying my account is temporarily unavailable and I don't know why or how long it's been going on I received no email or call or anything i feel like it's R.E.M. Going on for awhile but I didn't find out until today

Pat GOMEZ Apr 01, 2019

@Prince Campbell happens all the time, so that you can call in to pay and they try to charge you $10 to take your payment! I refuse to pay the extra $10. CHeck your bills for errors too

• Me
    meeomyyyyy Oct 21, 2018

After you have the card for a year you then get charged 8.25 per month "annual fee" beware!!

• Mr
    Mrs.moore Oct 15, 2018

Charging out rages rates on monies I've been paying every month..it suppose to be 25.00 a month and after I pay I've been charge and extra 47.00 a month claiming that my min payments are 50.00..I contacted the credit one bank about these matters and I have been getting the run around

• Me
    Megan Adams-West Sep 18, 2018

I have been trying to make my online payment the past few days but the website is acting up and will not let me. I called and couldn't do it over the phone. I do not want a late fee. Please have someone contact me to fix the issue.

Megan Adams-West
    [protected]

[email protected]

Comments

• Bi
    Bigstick25 Sep 10, 2018

You guys cards suck. Letting me only use vendors that you guys approve of. I'll never be back thanks to that and the rude [censored] middle eastern people I had to speak to every time my card would be denied. Please take me off your contact list. I have great cards now thank you.

Jason Renner

• He
    Hernán San Martín Sep 10, 2018

I made a user account and never let me enter ... It says that the email or the password is not correct. I want to pay my card and I can not.

Danielle snyder Sep 05, 2018

I just to go on my account to see if I need to make a payment or not and I am not able to get on my account

• Ia
    Ian Mathias Sep 02, 2018

I get charged for an annual fee which I can understand but I also get charged for a credit protection fee which I didn't want and an interest charge on purchases fee even though I don't use the card... and let's say I have a paid off card with all those fees it comes to roughly $70 a month. Does this happen to anyone else ???

• Gu
    GulRehna Sep 01, 2018

Sir,

I did not make any payment from my credit Card to Internet LOS VAGAS on 11/19/2017. For ( $ 100.00). I don't know who did.My card is still with me and
    never be lost or stolen.It is false payment.Please wave off this payment and correct my statement ending on 12/7/2017.

Gul R Bibi

• Sh
    Sheryl a Aug 21, 2018

Back in December I put two payment into one envelope. I clearly marked them for which account they were for. I called and the customer service personal was rude and not helping out at all. Come to find out your company charged me a late fee for the money EU order your company lost. I will never do business with you ever again.

• Ra
    Rams123 Aug 20, 2018

Hi,

I got a credit card approved through credit one but I don't know why I was charged with 75$ without any transaction from my side .

Angela K. Aug 15, 2018

You're forced to call ... leaving you to wait for extensive amounts of time to make inquiries or try to cancel your card.

There isn't an email address anywhere on the Credit One Bank website for customer service, account inquiries or options to close your account

• Je
    Jessy714 Aug 14, 2018

I just wanna let kwn that I can believe it
    About this issue i called multiple times and they couldn't help me I'm just unpleasant about the service was baddly and terrible
    And of they can't give a extraordinary services why they offer this to the customers

Comments

• We
    Wendy Florence Aug 14, 2018

Wendy Florence 4258 last 4 ssn
    You have a card in my name that's, fradukenf please remove ur self from my 3 credit bureaus asap IR I'm sueing

• Vi
    Vic Scammed Jul 17, 2018

I can't make a payment!!! I usually pay my account in full each month with the auto pay feature. My bank had to close my bank account and open another one because it was hacked. I was automatic payment with Credit One. Before I could change the banking information on the website, they suspended my account because the automatic payment came back indicating the account was closed. Since my account is now suspended, I cannot change my bank information nor can I make a payment. When I called, they told me I had to get a letter from the bank, and mail it to them, indicating the account was closed before the would take the suspension off. In the meantime, I was told I could mail a check or money order or wire transfer. This is ridicules that I can't go online and make a manual payment and change my info nor can I use the phone system to make a payment. I'm sure this is another scam and a way for them to start racking up the fees before I get a chance to close the account.

• Am
    amanda corbin May 31, 2018

This company is terrible. Its a never ending revolving debt that never seems to decrease no matter how much you pay. I will scream it from the top of my lungs and everyone I know to NEVER EVER EVER get a CC from this company. I promise you with all that I have!

• Ca
    Cassie1946? Feb 21, 2018

Just paid off my account in full - but apparently I didn't according to all the comments posted. Called to make sure and they said I owed thirty some dollars yet. Now I got the amount I owed when I called the bank - I then got a money order - and I still owe them! They won't let me close this account until I paid the additional money.

• Ga
    Gary Fletcher Dec 28, 2017

Credit one says that they are proud of their accomplishments. The only thing that they seem proud of is [censor] people over. I recommend that people close their bank accounts and stiff Credit One if problems persist. If they sue, so what. The judge will be a whole lot more fair than they will.

DaveAR Nov 10, 2017

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY - I opened an account to establish credit. I was told that every year there is a $75 fee to have the card. Instead they started charging my card a $8 monthly fee for the use and I received NO notice. Then after a few months they demanded I pay a late fee of $35 dollar each month the $8 was not paid! I asked them why they didn't ask or notify me of the change from the one fee of $75 a year to a $8 monthly fee to have the card. They told me the contract allows them to make changes to the fee as they wish. I paid and closed the account, but I do expect more issues. The customer service is in India and they act like they don't understand English and understand what you are asking. It took several attempts to get a manager to close the account also. JUST DON'T SIGNUP !!!

• Cd
    C. Diggs Mar 16, 2017

Credit One is a predatory loan institution. Unsolicited mail came to me, and a credit card was inside, I tossed it. They sent me another one, and I posted a photo with it chopped in half, now they are trying to go through legal proceeding against me. Stay away from this company, and who the hell cares if they are "FDIC insured cert#25620". I'm sure the central bank is... insured by the central bank.

• Lo
    Lostelf Mar 10, 2017

I paid my account with them always timely via online and in full. They constantly want to upgrade me and increase my credit. When keep saying "no" now I cannot access my account online for over eight months after multiple PW changes etc. They are rude on the phone and act like I'm an ### and it's all my fault I cannot access my account online. Their "tech" never calls back. I now have to use automated telephone system. I think this is a form of blackmail to get you to agree to increased line of credit. I also think their site is constantly hacked or attempted. I plan on closing account via certified mail, filing complaint with BBB and Secretary of State Consumer Affairs Division.

• Be
    Besst Jul 28, 2016

Beware of Credit One Credit cards. In the contract you accept, there is a clause that they will charge you a monthly fee even if there is no balance on the card. If you don't pay the fee on time, you get a $29 late fee...those fees for nothing add up quickly!! Then when you phone for assistance, and you FINALLY get a human, you are transferred repeatedly and they will NOT remove the fees and late fees for keeping the card open!...

• Bi
    billyjoebigdaddy Jul 07, 2016

First off this company specializes in people with bad credit. It gives the ones who have no credit or bad credit the opportunity to rebuild their credit history. This card is not designed to run up a balance. If you take this card with the intention of running up a high balance then my advice would be to keep looking. Yes they charge high fees. Yes they charge high interest but not as bad as some others. If you do take this card and run up a high balance you are to stupid to have good credit anyway. I have had one for a while now. I keep my reported balance under $50. I have no problems.

This is a good card if your just STARTING to rebuild your credit. But if you have a credit score of 600 or higher you would be well advised to try another card such as Capital One or Discover even if its a secured card...Just my 2 cents

• Uo
    uokiok2 Apr 25, 2016

I paid off a credit card today that has 24% interest on it. There is 3.43 cents of rewards I supposedly earned and I wanted it sent to me. So they offered me 35.00 credit toward my card balance TO MY CARD – (my balance is zero mind you) along with the 3.43 cents.. I said is it my money? He said yes.. so he kept trying to force the credits on a zero balance – so finally I said.. you don’t seem to get it .. I am closing the account and I said those credits do me no good if my account is closed and to please send my 3.43cents of earned credit rewards. He said no, I will have to zero the reward balance out and close your account. I said WOW... The sad part is I don't believe there is anything I can do about it.

• De
    D. E. Cummings Dec 05, 2015

THEY TRIED TO CHARGE ME A "LAS VEGAS FEE OF $9.95", BUT I REFUSED FOR CAUSE MY PAYMENT TO THEM {CREDIT ONE BANK] WOULD HAVE BEEN ONLY "$25.00" ! so read as follows and visit: WWW.JURYPOWER.ORG WWW.AMERICANJURYINSTITUTE.ORG
    Cite-Citizens'JuryHandbook from Whitten Printers, 1001 S. 5th. St.,
    Phonix, Az. [protected]
    Quoting here from the 4 July-1776 Declaration of Independence, in part, [oughta be considered a "SHORT LIST" of Cause of why we were at War with England-esp. re Tyrant Prince King Geo. III.]: "...He has...obstructed the Administration of Justice...FOR depriving us, in many Cases, of the Benefits of Trial by Jury...IN every stage of these Oppressions we have..." Citing here now quotes from THE MINT & COINAGE ACTS of the United States, PUBLIC STATUTES AT LARGE, ISBN [protected] by Weisman Publications: Fn.1, 2. The Making of the Constitution, Chas. Warren [rare book I have] p.551, [In writing to a Citizen of Rhode Island. Geo Washington wrote in 1787: "Paper money has had the effect in your State that it ever will have, to ruin commerce, oppress the honest, and open a door to every species of FRAUD and injustice."((( DANIEL WEBSTER expressed it like this: "Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring classes of mankind, none has been found more effectual than that which deludes them with paper money."((( Similiarly, William Paterson had written in 1786: "An increase of paper money if it be a tender, willl destroy what little credit is left; will bewilder conscience in the maze of dishonest speculations, ...will turn vice into legal virtue; and will sanctify iniquity by law."((( RICHARD HENRY LEE, writing to George Mason, at the outset of the Convention, on May 15, had expressed the nature and problems of paper currency: "Knaves assure, and fools believe, that calling paper 'money' and making it tender is the way to be rich and happy;thus the national mind is kept in continual disturbance by the intrigues of wicked men for fraudulent purposes, for speculating designs." [esp. informing is the FAREWELL ADDRESS speech of Pres. ANDREW JACKSON on 4 Mar, 1837]

Danielle Livingston Nov 10, 2015

I made the mistake of getting a card with this company, and they have done the same thing to me. All kinds of fees that do not make any sense and when I couldn't pay them anymore because of other financial obligations, I wrote them a letter. THEY DO NOT CARE, they WILL NOT SETTLE. I just received a letter from some law office saying they will come after me for the money but the joke is on them because I am unemployed and my husband is self-employed so they cannot garnish wages. Their customer service also STINKS, when you can get someone on the phone (Which isn't often) they have no one that speaks English and they are rude and always making excuses for fees and other things they charge that make absolutely no sense. Whatever you do DO NOT get involved with this company.

• Re
    Reviewer68213 Oct 04, 2015

I have been having a Visa with this bank for 2 months. In 2 months I have been trying to talk to them about why they have been charging me for account protection and I never applied for it. These people are robbing hard working people dry.

• Ga
    Gavin12345 Sep 26, 2015

I did not like Credit One Bank, I used them to rebuild my credit once i did, it took 3 calls and numerous times of saying i wanted to cancel my card and close my card.. only to get a bill the next month.. i called a 4th time and they said they will waive the last fee but now i have a late charge on the card...

• Ru
    rusty1325 Dec 16, 2014

Were do you live? Here in Arizona if a company refuses payment then the debt is null and void.I would check with a attorney for your local and state laws.

• Sh
    Shortwave61 Jan 15, 2014

Yes they suck you in with a bogus sign up no fee- received my card and two days later I have an invoice, hadn't even used it, of $75.00-activation fee, spoke with three people, all from india, they cancelled my card and waved the fee, , supposedly. Sent a letter where somewhere it state such a fee could not find, must be that invisible ink. Word is STAY AWAY- they are replicating Capital One, colors and all, ###!!

• Se
    Seriously1121 Jan 02, 2014

I received this CC in the mail and activated it, 2 weeks later I posted a payment online through my bank. I still had 2 weeks before my first bill is due and started receiving harassing phone calls with someone yelling at me over the phone saying I owe them money and why would I borrow money and not pay it back. I tried to tell them that I am away from a computer to view my account and have made a payment which wasn't even due yet. He continued to yell and cut me off with every sentence. I tried to make accommodations with these people and all they do is call and demand for my bank account number and routing number. I reject giving out that information and have proof that it was taken from my account twice. A month later and 3 payments in... I receive a letter in the mail saying my payment was sent back due to no account was found with their company for me at all. I started being harassed over the phone all over again. They tell me that my bank account is negative (which is false) and that they never receive any of my payment (false again) and that they have sent one payment back (which i never got back) because i had no money in my account? That doesn't even begin to make sense. So they are taking my payments and froze my online account access so i cant see whats really going on and while all of this is happening, they are tacking on every charge possible. Telling me I need a bank verification letter with all of my information, my account number, routing number, my signature & SS? and the only reason they want all of this is to show its not a problem on my end? I refuse to just give over my identity to these people to do as they please with. I'm only 2 months in and trapped. They take my payments and deny it, even has asked me to send a check out of my account or do a money transfer (money gram) I am not the idiot they are trying to play me for. I have made 3 payments which are not being credited for 2 billing cycles, but being charged 4 late fees of $50 each and their reasoning behind charging me 4 times is because after every time i had non sufficient fund they charge me a late fee and a charge for the NSF.My bank will not let me post a payment through bill pay if i have NSF. And even if i only went through 2 bill cycles it counts how many failed attempts to charge me for not how many months were being charged. This is exactly why its important to do your research before signing up for anything...

• Ap
    apple anon Nov 26, 2013

I complained about a fraudulent charge on my account. The agreed to send me a new card, but then I have never been able to get a statement from that billing period. The charge appeared on 10/31/2013. I spoke to the online merchant, and it is a business that I frequently do business with. They knew right away it was fraudulent, and they notified me, I had not yet gotten to their email when I noticed the charge in my Credit One account. So when I reported the charge to Credit One, the customer service guy was horribly rude, I couldn't understand his accent (he really could barely speak English, and I live in a very diverse community so I'm used to that sort of thing, basic communication is essenetial, and if he can't communicate, he shouldn't be on the phone.) So I get a letter, on Nov 25, telling me there were no fraudulent charges made on or after Nov 1. The charge was made on Oct 31!!! They're deliberately avoiding the point. And what's more, they've deliberately avoided giving me my statement. I've been given a statement for the period ending 10/3/2013. And for some reason the statement for the next period (which I would think would be ending around 11/3/2013.) is "conveniently" missing. And when I called to complain about it??? I was "conveniently" disconnected. And when I called again, I was "conveniently" left on hold for over an hour. Screw it, it was only 20 bucks. I just need to pay these scam artists off and move on.