Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Banks Credit One Bank fraudulent billing practices!

Credit One Bank - fraudulent billing practices!

Author of the complaint
2:47 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This company is another one of those credit card companies that thinks that they can squeeze blood from a turnip. We have been trying to pay these people every single month and calling them and working with them and still they charge our credit card fees that surpass the amount of money that we pay.

This creates a never-ending debt that can never be repaid that they hope to be charging us for forever. They refuse to work with us and they simply demand money that we just don't have. We are sorry that we got into debt, but we are like a lot of people who did that.

We don't have any active credit accounts anymore and we are paying off $7,500 in debt at the rate of $293 per month. At that rate, the debt will be paid in a little over two years. I think that we are working as hard as we possibly can to get out of debt, but this company, unlike the other 14 creditors on our debt management plan, refuses to accept payments, keeps the size of the debt going up and plans on taking the next step of suing us.

Thing is, we beg food from the church every month now and there is nothing for them to get from suing us. No judge on the planet will force us to beg more food from the church every month and that is what these people think they are going to get one to do. Good luck with that, Credit One.

Helpful? 0 0
157 comments
Q
Apr 05, 2021 2:47 am

This sounds like a class action law that needs to be investigated. Credit One is a fraud and by the complaints submitted there should be some consequences.

Sep 09, 2019 2:47 am

I've been trying to close my account cause im being charged 8.36 a month when i asked why the lady told me it was so i was forced to pay it so they could report it to the beaus that a payment was made. isn't this illegal.

Apr 01, 2019 2:47 am

I have two cards with them, a Visa and a MasterCard. I've caught errors in billing at least 3 times since I've been a customer. Today being one of them. I saw that I was charged a late fee for $35 for last months payment, when in fact it was made on time. I called to question the ungodly amount due and was told it was for last month, late fee, this month, late fee. I was like wait a minute, last month was paid on time, and this months isn't even due til the 21st of the month so how is it I owe a late fee already? That makes no sense. After being put on hold for a few minutes he comes back and says ok, we can waive the late fee. I lost it. I had to tell him to look at when I made my payment, look at when it was due! So he had to back out two late fees after researching, and apologized. I told him that it was not the first time I've caught late fees on my account, he tried to tell me it was computer system problems. Yeah ok. How many others just pay their bill and not question amount due!

Feb 05, 2019 2:47 am

I was a victim of online binary scam. It was really a nightmare but thank God i was able to recover my lost money. Feel free to contact me as i will enlighten you on how i was able to recover my lost money
email> lopezclark18 at gmaildotcom

Feb 05, 2019 2:47 am

I just got this card yesterday and wish I would have read all of this first... I have tried over and over to set up an online account. Talked to 4 different people and cant get online access. How are you supposed to even pay your bill? Sounds like they [censored] no matter how you pay it... Anyone know how to pay it with no problems?

Apr 01, 2019 2:47 am

Omg that is exactly the problem I had in the beginning. I had to call them several times before I was able to set up on line and pay it online. Let me tell you it only gets worse... There are months, no matter what I try to log in, I can never log in, I will get an error to try again later. Then if you call them, they want to charge you $10 to take your payment. I've also caught billing errors... so pay close attention to your bills. They tried to add late fees when my payment was clearly made on time, and I've had to make them back off late fees.

Dec 06, 2018 2:47 am

I paid my balance off only to see a 8.25 charge for November which I paid on time only now my bill due 24 of the month I used the card after the 24 and I just received a text the my bill is pass due...…these people are some bloody crook...this the worst credit card I have ever had...

E
Oct 31, 2018 2:47 am

What is even worse is that EVEN IF you cancel your card before your one-year anniversary period, Credit One charges customers a monthly fee IN ADDITION to APR. So---even if you do NOT receive paper billing statements and even if you make all your payments electronically through your bank (so there is not even any check to process), Credit One gouges their customers by charging (in my case) $8.25 month to do absolutely NOTHING.

Don't bother contacting the Better Business Bureau because they are totally useless. They couldn't care less about the fraudulent business practices of any bank.

Oct 21, 2018 2:47 am

After you have the card for a year you then get charged 8.25 per month "annual fee" beware!

Oct 21, 2018 2:47 am

So I was trying to long in to lay my bill today but it won't let me log in it keeps saying my account is temporarily unavailable and I don't know why or how long it's been going on I received no email or call or anything i feel like it's R.E.M. Going on for awhile but I didn't find out until today

Apr 01, 2019 2:47 am

happens all the time, so that you can call in to pay and they try to charge you $10 to take your payment! I refuse to pay the extra $10. CHeck your bills for errors too

Oct 22, 2018 2:47 am

I was charged 4 times for a Foreclosure.com and Said service was canceled after the 7 day free trial expired. I want charges removed and card canceled. I will involve a lawyer if need be. Contact me @ [protected] AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Oct 22, 2018 2:47 am

I my husband and I often receive scam type phone calls from this company. Very annoying, customer service never knows anything.

Oct 15, 2018 2:47 am

Charging out rages rates on monies I've been paying every month..it suppose to be 25.00 a month and after I pay I've been charge and extra 47.00 a month claiming that my min payments are 50.00..I contacted the credit one bank about these matters and I have been getting the run around

Oct 12, 2018 2:47 am

I cannot be more upset with this credit card company. One star is too much! This company should not exist because of how they ROB my money. God is watching you 24/7 and one day all the lies will come to light.

Oct 12, 2018 2:47 am

If I never had a situation in which I need to accept any credit card offer, I would had never accept this credit card company. My money keeps disappearing, funds takes 7-10 days to show up in my account. Even my $0.70 disappear from night to morning. Please stop abusing my money.

Sep 18, 2018 2:47 am

I have been trying to make my online payment the past few days but the website is acting up and will not let me. I called and couldn't do it over the phone. I do not want a late fee. Please have someone contact me to fix the issue.

Megan Adams-West
[protected]

[email protected]

View 0 more photos
H
Sep 10, 2018 2:47 am

I made a user account and never let me enter ... It says that the email or the password is not correct. I want to pay my card and I can not.

Sep 10, 2018 2:47 am

You guys cards suck. Letting me only use vendors that you guys approve of. I'll never be back thanks to that and the rude [censored] middle eastern people I had to speak to every time my card would be denied. Please take me off your contact list. I have great cards now thank you.

Jason Renner

Sep 05, 2018 2:47 am

I just to go on my account to see if I need to make a payment or not and I am not able to get on my account

Sep 01, 2018 2:47 am

Sir,

I did not make any payment from my credit Card to Internet LOS VAGAS on 11/19/2017. For ( $ 100.00). I don't know who did.My card is still with me and
never be lost or stolen.It is false payment.Please wave off this payment and correct my statement ending on 12/7/2017.

Gul R Bibi

I
Sep 02, 2018 2:47 am

I get charged for an annual fee which I can understand but I also get charged for a credit protection fee which I didn't want and an interest charge on purchases fee even though I don't use the card... and let's say I have a paid off card with all those fees it comes to roughly $70 a month. Does this happen to anyone else ?

S
Aug 21, 2018 2:47 am

Back in December I put two payment into one envelope. I clearly marked them for which account they were for. I called and the customer service personal was rude and not helping out at all. Come to find out your company charged me a late fee for the money EU order your company lost. I will never do business with you ever again.

R
Aug 20, 2018 2:47 am

Hi,

I got a credit card approved through credit one but I don't know why I was charged with 75$ without any transaction from my side .

A
Aug 15, 2018 2:47 am

You're forced to call ... leaving you to wait for extensive amounts of time to make inquiries or try to cancel your card.

There isn't an email address anywhere on the Credit One Bank website for customer service, account inquiries or options to close your account

J
Aug 14, 2018 2:47 am

I just wanna let kwn that I can believe it
About this issue i called multiple times and they couldn't help me I'm just unpleasant about the service was baddly and terrible
And of they can't give a extraordinary services why they offer this to the customers

View 0 more photos
W
Aug 14, 2018 2:47 am

Wendy Florence 4258 last 4 ssn
You have a card in my name that's, fradukenf please remove ur self from my 3 credit bureaus asap IR I'm sueing

V
Jul 17, 2018 2:47 am

I can't make a payment! I usually pay my account in full each month with the auto pay feature. My bank had to close my bank account and open another one because it was hacked. I was automatic payment with Credit One. Before I could change the banking information on the website, they suspended my account because the automatic payment came back indicating the account was closed. Since my account is now suspended, I cannot change my bank information nor can I make a payment. When I called, they told me I had to get a letter from the bank, and mail it to them, indicating the account was closed before the would take the suspension off. In the meantime, I was told I could mail a check or money order or wire transfer. This is ridicules that I can't go online and make a manual payment and change my info nor can I use the phone system to make a payment. I'm sure this is another scam and a way for them to start racking up the fees before I get a chance to close the account.

A
May 31, 2018 2:47 am

This company is terrible. Its a never ending revolving debt that never seems to decrease no matter how much you pay. I will scream it from the top of my lungs and everyone I know to NEVER EVER EVER get a CC from this company. I promise you with all that I have!

Feb 21, 2018 2:47 am

Just paid off my account in full - but apparently I didn't according to all the comments posted. Called to make sure and they said I owed thirty some dollars yet. Now I got the amount I owed when I called the bank - I then got a money order - and I still owe them! They won't let me close this account until I paid the additional money.

Dec 28, 2017 2:47 am

Credit one says that they are proud of their accomplishments. The only thing that they seem proud of is [censor] people over. I recommend that people close their bank accounts and stiff Credit One if problems persist. If they sue, so what. The judge will be a whole lot more fair than they will.

Nov 10, 2017 2:47 am

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY - I opened an account to establish credit. I was told that every year there is a $75 fee to have the card. Instead they started charging my card a $8 monthly fee for the use and I received NO notice. Then after a few months they demanded I pay a late fee of $35 dollar each month the $8 was not paid! I asked them why they didn't ask or notify me of the change from the one fee of $75 a year to a $8 monthly fee to have the card. They told me the contract allows them to make changes to the fee as they wish. I paid and closed the account, but I do expect more issues. The customer service is in India and they act like they don't understand English and understand what you are asking. It took several attempts to get a manager to close the account also. JUST DON'T SIGNUP !

Mar 16, 2017 2:47 am

Credit One is a predatory loan institution. Unsolicited mail came to me, and a credit card was inside, I tossed it. They sent me another one, and I posted a photo with it chopped in half, now they are trying to go through legal proceeding against me. Stay away from this company, and who the hell cares if they are "FDIC insured cert#25620". I'm sure the central bank is... insured by the central bank.

Mar 10, 2017 2:47 am

I paid my account with them always timely via online and in full. They constantly want to upgrade me and increase my credit. When keep saying "no" now I cannot access my account online for over eight months after multiple PW changes etc. They are rude on the phone and act like I'm an ### and it's all my fault I cannot access my account online. Their "tech" never calls back. I now have to use automated telephone system. I think this is a form of blackmail to get you to agree to increased line of credit. I also think their site is constantly hacked or attempted. I plan on closing account via certified mail, filing complaint with BBB and Secretary of State Consumer Affairs Division.

E
Sep 03, 2012 2:47 am

I just received my Credit One Bank Credit Card. I just activated it with the credit limit of $300. I tried to go online to pay two parking tickets which totaled to $112.00. When i put in my card information, there was a message that appeared informing me that the card has been declined. I've never had an issue like this before and I hope that I did something wrong on my part. If it's them, then i'm cancelling this account immediately.

Jul 28, 2016 2:47 am

Beware of Credit One Credit cards. In the contract you accept, there is a clause that they will charge you a monthly fee even if there is no balance on the card. If you don't pay the fee on time, you get a $29 late fee...those fees for nothing add up quickly! Then when you phone for assistance, and you FINALLY get a human, you are transferred repeatedly and they will NOT remove the fees and late fees for keeping the card open!...

Jul 07, 2016 2:47 am

First off this company specializes in people with bad credit. It gives the ones who have no credit or bad credit the opportunity to rebuild their credit history. This card is not designed to run up a balance. If you take this card with the intention of running up a high balance then my advice would be to keep looking. Yes they charge high fees. Yes they charge high interest but not as bad as some others. If you do take this card and run up a high balance you are to stupid to have good credit anyway. I have had one for a while now. I keep my reported balance under $50. I have no problems.

This is a good card if your just STARTING to rebuild your credit. But if you have a credit score of 600 or higher you would be well advised to try another card such as Capital One or Discover even if its a secured card...Just my 2 cents

U
Apr 25, 2016 2:47 am

I paid off a credit card today that has 24% interest on it. There is 3.43 cents of rewards I supposedly earned and I wanted it sent to me. So they offered me 35.00 credit toward my card balance TO MY CARD – (my balance is zero mind you) along with the 3.43 cents.. I said is it my money? He said yes.. so he kept trying to force the credits on a zero balance – so finally I said.. you don’t seem to get it .. I am closing the account and I said those credits do me no good if my account is closed and to please send my 3.43cents of earned credit rewards. He said no, I will have to zero the reward balance out and close your account. I said WOW... The sad part is I don't believe there is anything I can do about it.

Dec 05, 2015 2:47 am

THEY TRIED TO CHARGE ME A "LAS VEGAS FEE OF $9.95", BUT I REFUSED FOR CAUSE MY PAYMENT TO THEM {CREDIT ONE BANK] WOULD HAVE BEEN ONLY "$25.00" ! so read as follows and visit: WWW.JURYPOWER.ORG WWW.AMERICANJURYINSTITUTE.ORG
Cite-Citizens'JuryHandbook from Whitten Printers, 1001 S. 5th. St.,
Phonix, Az. [protected]
Quoting here from the 4 July-1776 Declaration of Independence, in part, [oughta be considered a "SHORT LIST" of Cause of why we were at War with England-esp. re Tyrant Prince King Geo. III.]: "...He has...obstructed the Administration of Justice...FOR depriving us, in many Cases, of the Benefits of Trial by Jury...IN every stage of these Oppressions we have..." Citing here now quotes from THE MINT & COINAGE ACTS of the United States, PUBLIC STATUTES AT LARGE, ISBN [protected] by Weisman Publications: Fn.1, 2. The Making of the Constitution, Chas. Warren [rare book I have] p.551, [In writing to a Citizen of Rhode Island. Geo Washington wrote in 1787: "Paper money has had the effect in your State that it ever will have, to ruin commerce, oppress the honest, and open a door to every species of FRAUD and injustice."((( DANIEL WEBSTER expressed it like this: "Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring classes of mankind, none has been found more effectual than that which deludes them with paper money."((( Similiarly, William Paterson had written in 1786: "An increase of paper money if it be a tender, willl destroy what little credit is left; will bewilder conscience in the maze of dishonest speculations, ...will turn vice into legal virtue; and will sanctify iniquity by law."((( RICHARD HENRY LEE, writing to George Mason, at the outset of the Convention, on May 15, had expressed the nature and problems of paper currency: "Knaves assure, and fools believe, that calling paper 'money' and making it tender is the way to be rich and happy;thus the national mind is kept in continual disturbance by the intrigues of wicked men for fraudulent purposes, for speculating designs." [esp. informing is the FAREWELL ADDRESS speech of Pres. ANDREW JACKSON on 4 Mar, 1837]

Nov 10, 2015 2:47 am

I made the mistake of getting a card with this company, and they have done the same thing to me. All kinds of fees that do not make any sense and when I couldn't pay them anymore because of other financial obligations, I wrote them a letter. THEY DO NOT CARE, they WILL NOT SETTLE. I just received a letter from some law office saying they will come after me for the money but the joke is on them because I am unemployed and my husband is self-employed so they cannot garnish wages. Their customer service also STINKS, when you can get someone on the phone (Which isn't often) they have no one that speaks English and they are rude and always making excuses for fees and other things they charge that make absolutely no sense. Whatever you do DO NOT get involved with this company.

R
Oct 04, 2015 2:47 am

I have been having a Visa with this bank for 2 months. In 2 months I have been trying to talk to them about why they have been charging me for account protection and I never applied for it. These people are robbing hard working people dry.

Sep 26, 2015 2:47 am

I did not like Credit One Bank, I used them to rebuild my credit once i did, it took 3 calls and numerous times of saying i wanted to cancel my card and close my card.. only to get a bill the next month.. i called a 4th time and they said they will waive the last fee but now i have a late charge on the card...

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

274 complaints