Having problems with Costco?

Costco reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 19, 2006. The latest review Shipping address biat maderer 29 elm st great neck, ny ‌11021-1236‌ was posted on Oct 12, 2021. The latest complaint employee behavior was resolved on Nov 02, 2019. Costco has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 1791 reviews. Costco has resolved 131 complaints.

Costco Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 774 2678 (Membership & Warehouse)
+1 800 955 2292 (Online Orders)
+1 855 258 3217 (CostcoTickets)
+1 855 620 7579 (Photo Center)
+1 800 607 6861 (Pharmacy)
+1 866 861 0450 (Concierge Services)
+1 800 788 9968 (Business Center Orders)
P. O. Box 34622
Seattle, Florida

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Costco Customer Service. Initial Costco complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Costco above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Costco. Discuss the issues you have had with Costco and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Costco Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

CostcoCitibank visa

On April 30, 2021 I made a payment of $14745.00.
On May 3rd it shows it cleared my bank account.
I tried to use my card. Couldn't.
When I called the bank how they could tell me was that I would have to wait 7 to 10 days. My question is why? You've taken my money I have no balance. I don't recommend this card.
Yeah whatever, if you were going to use it and pay it immediately and get paid back then I say use the [censored] out of it.

May 03, 2021

Costco — Unethical behavior of the manager during my warehouse visit on 5/3/2021 @ 3:45-4:30 PM at Overland Park, KS

I'd been a loyal customer of Costco for the last 17 years. Today I went shopping and didn't wear a...

Costcomy pillow

SHAME ON YOU FOR GETTING POLITICAL! Are you part of the CCP? You should provide a service NOT YOUR FEELINGS or bend to the woke. You have pissed off many conservatives, which are more than the woke. You will see your impact of this stupid decision! SHAME ON YOU FOR BEING ANTIAMERCAN and wanting free and just votes. Keep your views to yourself or stand up to the woke CCP.

CostcoDefective Maytag Washer

I had a Maytag washer delivered on 4/12. After multiple issues with delivery...the truck arrived 6 hours later than the stated time and then turned around because they did not have the appropriate pass to enter the community. Delivery was scheduled a second time and again the truck was 6 hours later than stated. Due to these delays the installation service was unable to provide the contracted services. As a result, I had to pay a plumber to install. Costco stated I would receive a $150 refund for this, however, I have not seen the credit and Costco can not provide any info as to when this credit will be received. The washer does NOT work...it is a defective unit. I have had two licensed plumbers evaluate the machine and both state that the unit is defective. It does not properly fill with water and makes a horrendous sound when started. I have repeatedly called the concierge line and requested to have management contact me, all with no response. I have been promised a service technician, however, when I call to confirm, the contracted appliance repair company states they do not have any appointments scheduled. This washer was delivered on April 12...my credit card was charged on April 6. Costco stated they can replace the washer, however, it will not arrive until mid May. This is beyond unacceptable. However, the front line of Costco customer service is powerless to fix the situation and I am getting no where requesting management to intervene.

CostcoMambership

Hello Costco.

I prepaid my membership and would like my money back. I've left messages but have gotten no calls back.

I no longer wish to be a part of your organization because you stopped selling Palmetto cheese after its founder accurately called BLM a "terror organization". Costco also donated $25 million to support Black-led financial institutions and community development initiatives, thus discriminating against people of all other skin pigmentations. I am white and red so you have discriminated against me.

My membership [protected] expires in May so please send me a refund of the payment I recently sent.

Thank you.

CostcoCitibank costco visa discrimination

Last year my son's entitlements were stopped fraudulent and have been restored. Then Citi Bank due to their security paranoia slashed my credit by 2/3. I was denied my full Costco purchase today due to $10 over the limit. I have ALWAYS paid my full monthly balance on time! In other words, Citi Bank either discriminated on me due to my age, ancestry or due to the government messing up one time! My score has been lowered drastically from almost 800 to mid 50s. Then Citi Bank don't agree they led me to a lower score due to a low limit! I have been a lifetime Costco shopper, but no one has listened! All of these is costing me $1, 000upon $1, 000 of $ not qualifying for low interest rates, including mortgage refinancing!

CostcoHealth Issue

I need to know how long Costco is going to require its customers to wear masks or face shields when entering their store. After a year of this, I cannot wear either one anymore, as I need to consider my mental health. This past year, I have dealt with enough, as has every other American. And though I have heard "We are following CDC guidelines" numerous times, it means nothing to me because I realize this is a cop-out and a farce. Masks don't work, as anyone even with limited experience with drywall can tell you. Vaccines are everywhere for those who want them (btw, why are you still requiring the vaccinated to wear masks?), and this virus has run its course, as attested to by the over 99% recovery rate, and the fact that the stadiums, ships, and make-shift clinics had no one show up. It is hard for me to believe that such a fine, intelligent, efficient establishment such as Costco would allow itself to be manipulated. Last year, my husband was yelled at by a Costco manager just because the mask didn't cover his nose. Following the science, are we? Please. Don't insult me. I promise you, the next time I'm in Costco, I will use the common sense God gave me, and act in courage. To do otherwise is perpetuating the lie, and that breaks the 9th commandment.

• Ka
                Kay2020 Apr 20, 2021

New reports show that mask do not work and further may be damaging the health of those wearing them. I don't understand why Costco is taking a position regarding individual freedom. Those who want to wear a mask can do so. This who want an injection, may receive one. If you get injected with the C-19 injections, then you are protected and need not fear contracting the virus. If you choose not to get injected, then you have decided you are comfortable with the risk. That is as it should be. I haven't been in Costco since the hateful "guard" at the door decided he needed to make certain I was in fact putting on a mask and then tracked me in the store to be certain I was still wearing it. I had every intention of following the "rules" and was putting it on as I entered. After that I no longer wanted to cooperate. It has been apx. one year. I am now thinking I will never shop there again since they have decided not to sell Mike Lindell's "My Pillow" products - who do you think you are Costco? Mike Lindell is protecting our election and upholding our constitution. Aligning with the election fraud proponents puts Costco in the category of TRAITOR. You should have just minded your own business and let the truth be determined through legal means.

CostcoMy Pillow products

Dear to whom this may concern,

I have been a long-time Costco member (#[protected]).

I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars with Costco over the years.

I just learned that Costco has decided to become political and cancel My Pillow products.

Apparently, Costco is joining other companies in black-balling companies and individuals who supported former President Trump.

Costco has decided to risk alienating and losing 50% of its customer/member base (who support former President Trump and Mike Lindell).

This was a very foolish, unwise short-sighted and politically-motivated business decision on Costco's part.

Not all of your customers are left-leaning.

Some of us actually live outside of Seattle (and California and Illinois and New York and the rest of the "woke" states).

For instance, I live in Kansas City, Missouri (which is in the United States).

Not everyone here thinks like those of you on the Left Coast.

Should Costco continue its ban of My Pillow products, I will NOT be renewing my membership once it comes up next year.

Unfortunately, I've already renewed my membership for this year, so you've got me for a few more months.

However, be assured that I won't forget to cancel before my renewal comes up next year.

Should I not receive a response to my complaint; and unless My Pillow products return to Costco, I will know for sure that I'm making a right decision to end my Costco membership.

David Hunt

• It
                  ItsMeLN Apr 22, 2021

Did Costco ever respond to you, David Hunt?
                  I have requested cancellation of my membership because Costco stopped selling Palmetto cheese after its founder accurately called BLM a "terror organization". Costco also donated $25 million to support Black-led financial institutions and community development initiatives, thus discriminating against people of all other skin pigmentations.
                  I still haven't heard back from Costco.

• Re
                  REM1834 Apr 22, 2021

Agree with you 100%! Costco is part of the Cancel Culture...shame on Costco!

• Ka
                  Kay2020 Apr 20, 2021

Agreed - I was incredibly disappointed to hear of their decision because I thought Costco was an all-American company. Just wow! Talk about being disillusioned.

• Tb
                  tbobib Apr 16, 2021

Would like to see Costco stay out of the political scene . I'm not interested in the political view point of the individuals that badgered the Costco board into this unfortunate business decision. Would like to see the fine American made My Pillow products remain for sale as part of the Costco inventory. Looks like Costco is being bullied into becoming a proud member of the company coward culture. Gentlemen of the board, take careful aim at your foot - steady-steady - don't let your finger twitch.

Apr 14, 2021

Costco — Customer service

Purchased a speaker in the Central Point, Oregon warehouse on Sunday. It went on sale on Monday. Per the...

CostcoGeneticist Modified Tomatoes

I purchased tomatoes in Costco at Parker Colorado location. After a few days I realized that tomatoes changed appearance, its became with strange pimples when I opened it, I saw horror movies unfolded. The tomato seeds growing from inside out... I never saw that in my entire life, I decided to bring it to attention to my local store when I checked next day tomatoes, the growing stopped and look dead. It means only that growing do not need an oxygen, so ?! It's sound crazy but it is definitely not organic product! I am not shopping for my produce in Costco any longer!
                12 April 2021

• It
                    ItsMeLN Apr 22, 2021

Gross! Costco probably has a contract with the devil...errrr...I mean Gates.

Costcowhirlpool cabrio he 4.8cu ft washer - squaretrade protection plans

This was purchased March 24, 2017. The washer stopped functioning, September 2020 we contacted Square Trade to report the washer was not working, it kept giving me error message, LF. A technician provided by Square Trade came out installed a part, (which had been provided by Square Trade based on a phone conversation with me) he Installed the part and left. I went to use the machine and L.F. error message appeared. I immediately called to see if I could get tech to return. They said no. It took another 3 weeks to fix the machine, after I was able to contact a repair man, and paid out of pocket to install parts provided by Square Trade. They did reimburse me for install.
                  Now it is giving me the same error code, and I have been informed it is not repairable. They offered to reimburse $500.00

CostcoCostco Citi Visa

I love Costco, but am severely disappointed with this credit card. There have been three issues.

1. Receiving my bill right before it's due and then paying an excessive penalty for being two days late.

2. Being charged for interest before payment was due.

3. Losing the money I'd accrued when I cancelled.

I hope this is not representative of Costco's customer service.

Jack McCready
                    [protected]

Apr 07, 2021

Costco — Costco travel

I have been a Costco member since 1985. Over the past 23 years, I have booked 4 vacations through Costco...

CostcoAgio Turner 7piece dining set was not delivered

I had placed this order over a month ago taking April 3rd off of work to have this table new for my family at Easter. I am so angry it wasn't delivered. It is now 9:04pm with my window 7am-9pm. I NEVER left today excited about this table. Now the old one is removed and trashed and I have nowhere for them to sit tomorrow for Easter. I tracked the order and it was 10 minutes away in Sylmar, CA at 10am. No phone call NOTHING

Agio Turner 7piece dining set was not delivered
                      Agio Turner 7piece dining set was not delivered

CostcoMembership payment/activity

I always go into the store and pay for my membership but costco received my payment at the store but still charged it to my citibank card that I never used. Costco is refusing to have citibank reverse these charges and citibank is refusing to remove the changes so I had them closed the account. Costco is getting double payments for my membership and refuse to assist me with getting these charges removed. This is fraudulent activity by costco. I should never be charged twice and they have the records at costco and citibank to proved that I paid in person, as well as my bank. Costco acct #811488905000your complaint has been submitted and assigned the id [protected]. For your reference, a copy of your complaint appears below. You will receive an email with further information once your complaint is processed by the bbb.

Apr 02, 2021

Costco — Pizza and churros

I'm extremely disappointed and disturbed at the quality of the food that I got from Costco's hot...

Mar 28, 2021

Costco — Concierge

I used to think the Concierge service was a great add on and reason to buy electronics from Costco. I wa...

CostcoRacial Discrimination

Reference: Racial Discrimination

Today, I was present at Costco location, 450 10th Street, San Francisco, California. I had a 10:30 am appointment to get new tires. Gilberto was the salesperson who checked me. I provided him with all the necessary information, and the car was checked in.

However, when I went to pick-up the vehicle, it was when I had issues. I provide the clerk with all the necessary documents to pick up the car. However, when he asked Chin Yu Chan, I informed him that this is my client's car. Then he went on to ask, where is this person, I said home, it is my client. Then he said, well we can't release this car to you. This car doesn't belong to you. I provide him with my client's Costco card and mine. He indicated well these cards could have been stolen. I called my client and informed my client what was going on. I handed my phone to the clerk, but he said he was calling and there was no need for my phone. That's when he said we always have these types of problems with you people. I said what do you mean by that, he did not respond. As he continued to dispute this issue, I became very agitated and grabbed my chest, I thought I was going to fall out.

I contacted my doctor about what had happened today. This is not a good thing. My doctor indicated that it was emotional stress which could have contributed to my having a heart attack.

This is not the first incident that I have had with this clerk. The incident that I had before was last year(2020) when he made the same statement, which security was involved.

There have been other incidents at other store locations that were horrible.

I am wondering what course of action I should take. Should I contact an attorney or is this something that we can discuss? I don't want there to be the next time and I fall out and have a heart attack.

CostcoCashier/Operator

To Whomever This Concerns;

This incident of concern occurred on February 16, 2021 at SW Denver #443 7900 W. Quincy Ave.
                            Transaction : 132 Terminal: 6 Operator: 14 Name: Alice H. at 12:53 21044300601322102161253

Eighteen items were purchased. As the male, bagger/boxer, was putting one of the two bunches of bananas into a box in the cart, I noticed that one of the bananas had a split down the entire peel. I informed the man boxing that my husband, John, would go back to the fruit section and bring another bunch to replace that one.
                            When he came back with the bananas and handed it to the cashier, Alice, the boxer then put it into the box in the cart. I had already written out the check for the total of our purchases which she had in her hand and proceeded to change the amounts on the check stating that she had not charged us for that replacement banana bunch.
                            That bunch was a replacement and she, ALICE, was fully aware that John had gone back and brought it up and since all the bunches are priced exactly the same, I had every reason to think that it was already on the total. After all, the damaged bunch was being boxed. Why would one think differently, that it was already on the receipt?
                            When I saw Alice writing and making changes on my check, I told her to stop, and despite my objections, she continued. When she had finished with her changes I demanded to see my check to view what she had done.
                            As I walked around to our cart which was filled with boxes that were too big and heavy for us which I had asked the boxer to pack up our order with smaller boxes, he didn't comply and totally ignored my request. I found smaller boxes and repacked our order.
                            I continued to let the cashier know that I was furious that she had taken the liberty of making changes and writing on my check against my will. Very loudly telling her that she "never again does that to anyone else."
                            She then yelled "watch her" and a man came running over immediately telling me to keep it down. I informed him what that cashier had done with my check and that "I was not going to keep it down." And, telling him that I was very angry with her actions.
                            Alice H. is the person who needs to be "watched" as what she did is unlawful at best and even illegal. I should and may still file a police report.
                            I have tried to let this incident go but it is still very unnerving that it happened, all for $1.82. I could have given her cash for that amount.
                            Everyone I have told about this cannot believe it.
                            I don't know how Costco can make this better for me. I do not want to ever encounter anyone who believes that they have the right to take inappropriate liberties with others.
                            In the best of worlds, she is no longer an employee at COSTCO.

Cheryl M Belt

Costcodell computer

case #[protected]
                              tech support dan. i called for update dell computer about 3 time they do same proceed all the time then i request on line
                              access my pc remote service .
                              then agent dan call me 7 pm he find out i need update.he tell me how i update computer about 15 min.after that it take 3 hours so i have to update my self.hr piss me 30 min i stop services. he call me hour later he ask manger he got approved
                              remote control. don't piss customer this way!!