Wolfechase Chrysler / Jeep / Car negotiation!
My significant other, Ken, and I went into the Wolfechase Chrysler/Jeep dealership on Saturday, May 17, 2008 to test drive a Jeep Liberty. We had a very pleasant and cooperative salesman, Chris, who went with us on a test drive. When we returned to the showroom, we asked for a price on the vehicle we had driven. Chris came back with a price, which was several thousand dollars more than we wanted to pay, so we gave a counter offer that we knew was 2K too low to see if we could get a better offer on the vehicle. (I think this is customary--oh, we already told them we had financing.) At this point the general manager, Verde, came out to speak with us. With no prelude, he said that we were obviously looking for a much lower cost vehicle, that the Liberty was a higher end vehicle, and had we looked at the Jeep Patriot--which was clearly more in our price range. He began to tout the virtues of the Patriot, all the while looking directly at me, rather than having any eye contact with Ken. When Mr. Verde was finished speaking, Ken replied that he was a little angry and insulted as we had come in specifically regarding the Liberty, which (Verde) had not done us the courtesy of discussing. He was clearly upset and told Verde that we were leaving. At that point Ken held out his hand, which Mr. Verde refused to shake--saying that he was angry as well.
Perhaps I am wrong, but I didn't feel that the situation was well handled by the General Manager. Why didn't he ask us if we were willing to come up on our price for the Liberty instead of talking down to us regarding what we could "afford?" He had no idea what we could purchase and our financing was for quite a bit more than the original price of the Jeep Liberty. When Ken stated that he was "angry" it was clearly not personal, but directed toward the offer of a vehicle we had expressed no interest in what-so-ever. Hasn't this general manager ever heard of a counter-offer?! Or haggling? It ended up being a very bad and unprofessional experience and we will not return to this dealership or be able to recommend it to anyone else.
I see by the comments that we are not the only people to have a bad experience with this dealership. Thanks for letting me vent.
More Wolfechase Chrysler / Jeep Complaints & Reviews
- 2005 Chrysler town and country - Spare tire storage area. 
- 2005 Chrysler Town & Country - Defective brakes 
- Chrysler Pacifica - sub frame rust 
- Chrysler Dodge Jeep sales - fraud 
- Maple Ridge Chrysler Dealer - Fraud truck service 
- Chrysler - service not getting back to me on my paint issue on the hood.
- Chrysler - recall request
- Chrysler - dealer number is: 7557 / dodge ram 2017 laramie power wagon, selling me truck with wrong towing capacity
- Chrysler - 2014 jeep grand cherokee rear hatch area panel disjoining
- Chrysler - purchased new tires and received unacceptably poor service