Whirlpool — whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator (ice maker bucket)
We purchased a Whirlpool Refrigerator in 2014. This past November of 2016 I noticed a rusty/yellowish tint in some of the cubes of ice. Upon further inspection I noticed rust developing around one of the screws in the bottom of the ice bucket. When I contacted the service folks at Whirlpool they told me that it is no longer under warranty so they could only sell me a new bucket.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Gilbert, AZ I informed them that this was a defective product and I should receive a new ice bucket at no charge. They apologized and told me they could not do that. If it was wear and tear I would understand, but when rust develops in a filtering system, ice bucket, there is a problem with the part. My expectation is I would receive a new ice bucket at no charge and Whirlpool would investigate this problem with their product.
Model # WRX988SIBE00
Part # WPW10347093
Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response, Feb 09, 2017
Thank you for your review.
We are sorry to learn of the concern you expressed regarding your refrigerator. I would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please respond back to this email address [protected]@Whirlpool.com with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliance. I look forward to your reply. Thank you.
More Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool / Cabrio Washer - wpw 
- Whirlpool India - Mastermind Refrigerator - non-functioning refrigerator
- Whirlpool - whirlpool dryer handle!
- Whirlpool Air Conditioner - not working due to many drawback 
- Whirlpool - defective kitchenaid products