Having problems with Whirlpool?

+1 866 698 2538 (United States)
+1 269 923 5000 (Head Office)
+39 283 7151 (Europe, Middle East & Africa)
+55 113 566 1000 (Latin America)
2000 N. M-63
Benton Harbor, Michigan

Complaints & Reviews

replacement of refrigerator

One whirlpool refrigerator f-23 classic delight 220 litre was purchased on 5-7-2006 through raj electronics rk puram new delhi vide invoice book no. - 44 s. I no. - [protected]. the refrigerator entered to fault in april 2007 and complaint was lodged to whirlpool service center on 31-5-07 vide no-dl050726463 and further on 18-6-07 vide no.[protected] again on 20-6-07 vide no.4508910 but the complaint attended by the technician could not remove the fault. since the appliance is under warranty period hence it may either be replaced or arrange to refund the money.

dishes never would dry

I purchased a Whirlpool dishwasher, model GU2700XTSQ from RC Willey a couple months ago. I complained to Whirlpool that my dishes never would dry. The door, walls and ceiling of the dishwasher after the cycle is complete always have large water droplets that remain unless I leave the door open for 12+ hours afterwards. They sent me an email with a list of all the things I should be doing ( same info as in the owners manual). We have tried and done everything. They said if this didn't solve the problem to call a Whirlpool repairman. That was a joke !! He was there about 10 minutes and told us that we had to always make sure we had our liquid rinse aid dispenser full to get better drying results. This was a must because the inside walls of the dishwasher are plastic (just like having plastic dishes in your dishwasher) and the rinse aid would help solve the problem. I don't know where to go from here. If I knew this was a problem (retailer should know these problems) I would have bought a Maytag or Bosch. Can anyone help with this problem ?? Email me at theenet AT msn.com.

very low cooling

The undersigned bought this refrigerator from M/s Galaxy, Dwarakanagar, Viskhapatnam on 14 Aug 2006. Since the day of purchase the item has been giving constant troubles of the following :

(a) cooling - must have incurred a loss of Approx Rs 10,000.00 on items spoiled due to low cooling,

(b) light in the refrigerator was non operational for more than six months after repeated complaints at the Service center.

Customer beware of poor quality product!

warranty not honored!

I had purchased a whirlpool washing machine in October-05 and there is a warranty for 2 years. The washing machine stopped working last month and I called the local service centre in Mumbai. They have said that the chip has been damaged by cockroaches and I have to pay Rs. 3000/- despite the warranty. I would like to highlight that the company has written the 'limitations of warranty' in such a manner that it is easy to wriggle out of any warranty claims. There is no value in this kind of a warranty.

poor quality product!

I purchased one Whirlpool Refrigerator on 4th April 2006. Since then it is giving me problems - many times the service center technicians came but could not resolve the issue completely. Everytime they gave different reasons - in fact one of them also mentioned that "this piece seems problematic" - it is very disappointing to get faulty refrigerator from Whirlpool, who always claim to be the best. If in one year the refrigerator needs more than 6-8 services, what does it mean? I feel cheated and will never buy / recommend any Whirlpool products in future. I have sent my complaint to the corporate head office and am still to receive any reply from them. Is there anyway I can get this technical problem solved? I am really very upset and angry.

• Sk
    S K Mendon Oct 15, 2007

We have bought a 230 liter Whirlpool refrigerator in Goregaon and we had so many problems . First we had to spend on a new compressor and gas. So we decided to take the service plan which again cost us money.

There was some issue with the PowerCord, we lodged our complaint in the month of August07, However the Services are so poor that till date (15th October) no one has turned to attend this call. In the Call Center this call still showing as Open. The Company tell me that the company does not have power chord. This is utter shameful for company which spends millions of rupees in Ads every year.

I am highly dissatisfied and recommending negatively for all the products of this company to all my friends.

• Kb
    K.Balaraman Nov 03, 2007

My Whirlpool Fridge has been giving problem since last one month. The service provider, an authorized Whirlpool agency, is dodging to give a correct reply. They say it is a problem in the Top Panel & it has to be replaced. But the part has to come from Poone. My Homecare Plan application no is HP04037408. I had opted for an<2003-NF-0207-24> Plan code. This plan expires in june 2009. What is the use of this paper... Looks like scam to me!

very poor services and defective unit

I purchased Whirlpool refrigerator Icemagic ff 400 ellite in Jan 2004.

In Nov 2004 the PCB unit gave way and same was replaced at a cost of Rs 2300 and at the same time entered in a 5 yr service contract HomeCare Plan No. HP1083654 for additional Rs 3000/-

The plan covers Evaporator, PCB, Relay, Olp, Fan Motor, Defrost heater, Wiring Harness, Vis Visit Charges and two Preventive Maintenance visits per year.

All of a sudden on April 14th 2007, after almost 2 and a halh year One Mr. Pavankumar visited us unannounced and carried out the Preventive Maintenance. He did not have even a cleaning cloth to clean the machine and he finished his job in less than 10 minutes.

Today the cooling is stopped as there is no green light as well as the interior light.

The telephone number for service call given to us is changed and we do not know how to get the help from HomeCare!

I hope this mail reaches the right authorities and we get the refrigerator working again.

Regards
Deshbandhu

poor quality refrigerator!

We bought a 280L Whirlpool Fridge in 1997. Either it was a fluke or otherwise, its performance was excellent...

refrigerator not cooling!

I had purchased 310 ltr Whirlpool refrigerator on 30-APR-2006. Since purchase I am not happy with cooling of this refrigerator,earlier cooling was low but now it is totally gone. I tried to contact whirlpool service center and I got a reply that they would charge 390 Rs for inspection of this faulty refrigerator. I don't how such a big brand makes such type of Appliances and instead of rectifying the fault they want to charge customer.

whirpool products - avoid like the plague

I have 2 whirpool air conditioners and 1 refrigerator. My experience with the company's products and esp their service has been so bad that I would never purchase any Whirlpool product again. The products started developing faults in the first year of purchase itself and have not stopped since!

The customer service staff could not care less. It takes at least 10 different calls before the fault gets repaired - after a string of broken commitments and follow ups. The product quality is pathetic and so is their after sales service.

• Ra
    rajeev Apr 21, 2008

Customer service for Whirpool India is abysmal.

April 8
    I registered a complaint with them about my refrigerator
    April 10
    After reminding them 2 times, a service technician called me and said he will be visiting my place sometime in the next 2 hours. I waited at my home for this guy and he didn't turn up. I called their service center and they said their service engineer is scheduled to visit me the next day.
    April 11
    A guy turns up. He went to the refrigerator looked around and said the the problem was that gas had to be re-filled. It will cost me around 800 rupees. I showed him my warranty cards and the details. The warranty card says 72 month warranty from 2005 Jan 14. But he says, Whirlpool does not give any form of warranty over 3 years and my warranty is not valid. But he will send someone to re-fill the gas the next day, if I just paid the transportation costs of Rs 200/=. He said, he will check the status of my warranty and re-filling gas is not covered by the warranty anyway.
    April 12
    Another guy turns up. Opens up some compartments in the back of the refrigerator and asks me who told me I needed gas to be re-filled. I didn't know the guys name. So he calls up his service center and gets the previous guys name. Tells me the gas is full. There is a sensor that needs replaced. He will come back the next day with the part.
    April 15
    Still no one turns up. I call back the service. They check their records and tells me that my refrigerator needs to be taken to the workshop. They ask me if the refrigerator still at my home. So they will have someone come soon to pickup my refrigerator.
    April 16
    No one still turns up. I call them up. They apologize profusely, and tell me they will chekc the status and give me a call back an update in 2 hours.
    April 17
    Still no service pickups, no call back from service. I call them back. They say they will check with their center and someone will come within the next 24 hours.
    April 18
    Still no updates. I call them back. They give me the same line. We will escalate it to our superiors. Someone will cme in the next 24 hours. I ask to talk to their supervisor. They are a BPO doing services for Whirpool Service. They are not allowed to let me talk to anyone else.
    April 21
    Still no updates. I call them up. I ask them for an address where I can send a written complaint. They are not allowed to give any other information other than what they see in their screen.

I can't talk to their supervisor, I can't send an e-mail, I can't even send a physical mail.

• Am
    amit khurana May 10, 2008

Yes, it is absolutely right...whirlpool is pathetic...my fridge is out of order for last 2 months...no respite ..no solution...must ve wasted around 1000 bucks calling helpline alone

poor customer service!

Bought a whirlpool white magic sparkle washing machine two and a half months ago it started giving problems. The call center and the employees for servicing are very arrogant and are speaking without respect finally got it repaired after 4 long days of struggle. Very very poor customer care, value and service.

poor servicing

My refrigetor's end cap (Bottom) was broken as a result, the door is coming out. I have lodged a complain to Service center at Burdwan, Ms. Govind refrigerator (Ph: [protected]) personally on 02.06.07. The agent assured me the technician will service on the same day in the evening. I cancelled all my program for this. The technician din not came. Sunday was holiday. I again informed through my ph several times on Monday the 04.06.07, like the previous day the agent again assured as he failed to send the technician the man will arrive positively within the evening, and i again cancelled all my programs to stay at my house. But none arrived. So if this is the service of a reputed company like Whirlpool where we should go to get the solution. I think every conscious customer should know about this matter so that they are not deceived but the multinational company like whirlpool. What i got from them a large amount of unnecessary telephone bill, tension, unnecessary harassment. More over presently i am thinking whether is it their policy to sell a new refrigerator by creating artificial servicing problem, so that the party bound to buy a new one discarding the old. Mine was not too old its hardly of 6 yrs old.

• De
    debasish pal Jun 04, 2007

My refrigerator Elite 190 L model of Whirlpool end cap of door (Cherry color) is broken i am complaining to Durgapur as well as at Burdwan West Bengal India for last 15 days. But they have not yet responded so far. Very poor service!

whirlpool refrigerator giving problems

I have purchased 250 liters (Icemagic Elite)refrigerator from Rahul Electronics dealer situated in Dahisar...

very bad experience!

Have a 310 ltr fridge. Started giving problems very soon after it was purchased. Keep calling their service desk and there are all promises and no one responds. The experience has been so bad that will never ever purchase a Whirlpool product again.

• Ra
    rajt.shresht Jun 11, 2007

Absolutely right. Whirlpool's products are the worst among all electronic company.

• Su
    sujaya rao Dec 21, 2007

I do not know about refrigerators, but I bought a fully automatic whirlpool washing machine in january 2005. Within a few days I found that it was tearing my clothes. Following my complaints to the company, I was given a replacement machine in April 2005. This new machine worked well till march 2006 when it began developing electrical problems. The company provided service under warranty till April 2006. Electrical faults continued to appear. A serious fault disabling the machine occured in September 2007. The franchisee of the company has been unable to resolve the fault till date. Meantime I have signed an annual maintenance contract for the machine. I do not know if the manufacturer is aware of the competance or otherwise of his franchisees. The exact reason for the fault to appear is not known till now. The electrical wiring deck has been changed and the motor to go with it. I have been without a washing machine for almost three months now. One thing for sure. I would never recommend a whirlpool washing machine to any one. They do not have a place to complain in their website. Do they have so much faith in their service network that they do not listen to any direct complaint?

James Feb 14, 2008

Whrilphool service and support is very poor. I will not recommend anybody to buy this product. Service and Support very waist. For example if we report a complaint they will respond only after one week or in after two weeks. I don't know why they do like this.

Sanjib Kumar Deb Sep 22, 2008

Sir,
    It is a matter of sorrow that after several times complain through e-mail in your website/e-mail ID, I have not got any reply from your end. Basically this type of harassment was not happened in my life previously. Again I am strongly complain against your authorized service center M/s - Zen Service of BF-4, Rajarhat Road, Baguihati, Kolkata-700059, Near Arati Cinema, Ph. No. 033 – 3294-3423/2570-6221. His conduct/behavior with the customer and as well as workmanship is very bad.
    Again I am telling you that please replace the refrigerator by a new one. Because I don’t want any repair further again. Otherwise I will force to purchase another refrigerator. I hope after viewing all the facts you will sure replace my refrigerator.
    Again I am furnishing my details for your reference. I strongly complain against your service after selling a product. Hope that after viewing all the facts you will take necessary action immediately and replace the same with a new one, so that I can relief from this problem forever & my family peace which was disturbed for the same may return and fulfill with happiness as was in past.
    I would like to draw your kind attention that I am Sri Sanjib Kumar Deb, a govt. officer of Sports & Youth Services Department, Govt. of W.B. (Ph. No. 033-65112273 Res. & M. No. 9330897020) have purchased a refrigerator (250 ltr, Mastermind Elite, C/N No. CTV/2568/07, Sl. No. INAO72709554) from Capital Electronics (V.I.P.), (Unit of Anand & Co. Electronics Pvt. Ltd.) of P-161, V.I.P. Road, Sch. VIIIM, Kolkata-700054, Ph. No. 033-2355-8529/7098/5534-9579 on 28.07.2007.
    In this connection I want to state that, last few months on & from January, 2008 I am facing such a problem by this fridge/refrigerator which was not happen in my life previously and at the same time my family peace is also disturbed by the same. I have reported all the facts/problems minimum (10-15) times to Capital Electronics as well as local authorized service center named Zen Service of BF-4, Rajarhat Road, Baguihati, Kolkata-700059, Near Arati Cinema, Ph. No. 033 – 3294-3423/2570-6221 and they also visited my house minimum 10 times and after repair of each time they have told that “Sir it will not create any problem in future, if again it will happen we will replace the same with a new one”. But, unfortunately, I am facing the problems till now and getting no service for your branded production refrigerator. I have told minimum 100 times to Capital Electronics as well as local authorized service center that please replace the same, but I am fully hopeless regarding your service after sale of any product. In this modern generation no family can live without a refrigerator, whereas my family is living without refrigerator during a long period (more than six months). I am very much anxious and at the same time helpless also regarding the same matter.
    Under the circumstances you are requested to take necessary steps so that I may escape from that problem forever and if possible please replace the same fridge by a new one. Treat this case as an extremely urgent.
    Hope to receive your help & co-operation against your service which will also carry the good-will of company.
    Thanking you,
    Yours faithfully,
    SANJIB KUMAR DEB
    Sub-Asstt. Engineer (Electrical)
    Sports & Youth Services Deptt. (Sports Wing)
    Govt. of West Bengal

• Ss
    S.Sridhar Sep 23, 2008

AS FAR AS WHIRLPOOL INDIA IS CONCERNED, THE PHARSE "CUSTOMER SERVIVE" DOES NOT EXIST. YOU GIVE HOW MANY NUMBER OF COMPLINTS YOU WANT, THEY JUST DO NOT CARE. THIS IS OUT MY OWN EXOPERIENCE WITH WHIRLPOOL INDIA FOR THE PAST THREE WEEKS, TRYING TO GET MY MICROWAVE OVEN REPAIRED. THERE ARE ONLY EMPTY PROMISES. I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A BAS SERVICE FROM ANY OTHER COMPANY.

• Ss
    S.Sridhar Sep 23, 2008

AS FAR AS WHIRLPOOL INDIA IS CONCERNED, THE PHRASE "CUSTOMER SERVIVE" DOES NOT EXIST. YOU GIVE HOW MANY NUMBER OF COMPLINTS YOU WANT, THEY JUST DO NOT CARE. THIS IS OUT MY OWN EXOPERIENCE WITH WHIRLPOOL INDIA FOR THE PAST THREE WEEKS, TRYING TO GET MY MICROWAVE OVEN REPAIRED. THERE ARE ONLY EMPTY PROMISES. I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A BAD SERVICE FROM ANY OTHER COMPANY.

[Resolved] whirlpool refrigerator found defective!

I have purchased 230 liters refrigerator from dealer situated in opera house (mumbai-india). Within 3 day...

I will definitely change the refrigerator

I have a whirlpool refrigerator. Recently ( a month back) there was a problem in the fridge. I complained to the service center in Bangalore. A person came from there and found that there is problem in the electronic circuit and that part has to be replaced. Till now nothing has happened and every time I call then the only answer that i get that that component is not available and they are waiting for that.

The response that I got from the dealer that the company makes new models very frequently and so the old model spares may not available.

From last one month the fridge is lying as it is and no one bother to look at it. Such a pathetic service that the whirlpool is having is really pity. Why should I bother to wait??

I will definitely change the refrigerator.

• Pr
    Prakash sadarangani Jul 19, 2007

Even i have a very bad experience with Whirlpool refrigerator Model FF350. Purchased on 22/04/2004. I really curse myself why i bought the above refrigerator in spite the dealer told me to go for Samsung.

• Ha
    Haren Kundu Jun 15, 2013

I have FF350 and faced contrller problem within one year of use. Local dealer charged for it. Again after one year of use I am facing another problem :
    " Water leakage from the rear of the fridge " Now my question is
    1) This water is very limited quantity. and drains once in a day or once in two days. Cooling still proper both upper and lower.
    Is it due to ice accumulation problem ?
    2) Is it due to thermostat which does not operate blower fan timely ? Where is this thermostat located ?
    3) I want to know the source of water. When the technician will visit he may not see the water. Should I allow him to research ?
    Your early reply will be appreciated. Best Regards
    Engr. H . Kundu e.mail [email protected]
    P-37, Lake Town, B- Block Kolkata 700089
    E. Mail. [email protected] Tel...9874194145

terrible a & e factory service

During the week of April 16, 2007 I phoned Whirlpool and the customer service rep set an appointment for a third party service (A & E Factory Service) to visit my home to repair the microwave. Up unto this point the microwave was at least operable. While the technician from A & E Factory Service attempted to repair the microwave, he began tripping the circuit breaker in our home. This happened at least 3 to 4 times before the technician called into their office for help. He apparently burnt all the switches in the microwave and had to order them & schedule another visit. Now I have no microwave. The parts were ordered by the technician to be delivered to my home & upon the arrival of the parts (switches) I would have to call the A & E Factory Service to set up another appointment for a technician to come out.

The parts arrived on Friday April 27, 2007 and I immediately called A & E for an appointment. The appointment was set for Thursday May 3, 2007. The technician (Frank) from A& E arrived around 3:30 p.m. although the appointment was scheduled for the hours between 8:00 a.m. & 12:00 p.m. While the technician (Frank) was once again attempting to repair the microwave, the circuit breaker tripped again. This happen at least 3 times. He again also called into the office to speak with a technician. Now he tells me that the fuses are blown and there may be a problem with the circuit board or a wire in the microwave. The microwave is still not repaired and not operable once again. (not the switches, now we have what may be different problem with the microwave) Huh?

I agree with all the complaints. First the A&E customer service is terrible. They have no empathy for the customer, nor their frustrations. They tell you one time to expect the technician, but he always arrives much, much later. This action caused me to miss an entire day of work, when I scheduled for 1/2 the day to take care of the repair. These people suck & I feel the technicians are incompetent as well. They always have to call into the office for help & get this they are on hold waiting just like we do. I watched the technician wait for 10 min for someone in the office before he got an in office technician. After all these complaints about A & E Factory Service (Illinois) (CA) etc; (owned by Sears), you would think Maytag/Whirlpool would look for a reputable company to handle their service calls. A & E is not the one. Very disappointed.

• Ka
    Kate Hopkis Oct 25, 2007

A& E is not Whirlpool and is not responsible for all of Whirlpool defected appliances. Whirlpool is garbage! Whirlpool gets $100.00 dollars for every extended service plan everyone buys on top of what you payed for everything you bought! A& E does everything they can on DEFECTED APPLIANCES! Whirlpool replaced my oven after my kids would not get up for school and after the fire department and gas company were here because my children would not get up for school. You have to follow Whirlpools protocol. Tech after tech after tech have to come out. Then Whirlpool only gives you $ 50.00 for all the food their oven has not cooked or burnt which is then garbage. If the oven would fit in the trash like all the food I would throw that away also. I will keep playing Whirlpools game until I get a new oven! They have already replaced the first one so this is # 2 so I will be going on oven # 3! GARBAGE!

Manu Aug 14, 2008

A&E wins the All around award for worst customer service in the world. Whirlpool and A&E have taken terrible customer service and made it even worse. My dealings with them started in early April 2008 and after 4.5 months it still hasnt been resolved... Yes over 4 months and 4 trips by A&E technicians.

My saga started with a microwave from Whirlpool. My elderly mother had gotten the insurance for peace of mind. The microwave stopped working a year into the insurance. The first complaint was made on April 4th, 2008. She got scheduled for a technician to visit on April 18th. He ordered a part for the microwave after having spent 10min. The part was finally shipped 2 weeks later and then the appointment scheduled again which took another 10 days. The technician comes in and realizes that this is the wrong part and leaves telling her that he will order the right part this time. And here we go again. It takes 3 weeks to ship the part and another 2 weeks to schedule a technician. We are nearing end of June now -- about 2.5 months since the first call. The technician installs the part and it still doesnt work. He concludes that there is no issue with the microwave but with our internal electricity and tells my mom that she should look into this asap as it could have serious consequences. So she hires an electrician to come check the internal wiring. After paying $200 to the electrician we are told that this is a new house and there is nothing wrong with the wiring. He then goes on to clearly demonstrate that the issue is with the microwave. Great. Time to call the wonderful folks at A&E again. I also call Whirlpool to really get to the bottom of this. I figured they would care about how their outsourced company was dealing with their customers. I even asked that they send someone else than A&E. However, I was politely told by the supervisor that since the ticket had been opened with A&E, I have to complete it with them. There hands are tied and unfortunately they cant do anything to help. When I made the point that this insurance is not really buying any peace of mind and cant use the microwave at all, I was slyly told that it would be better if I just go buy a new microwave. Hmmm.. So why do they sell insurance in the first place. Ahhhhh. Bingo... Most customers would have given up after the second month and this is what Whirlpool and A&E counts on. It clearly improves margins for Whirlpool by screwing the customers. Get money upfront for value that is a mystery and let the customer end up holding the short end of the stick. I really wonder how are American companies are going to compete with the Asian companies. The rapid rise of companies like LG and Samsung taking away market share from Whirlpool doesnt surprise me anymore.

Well, enough about my rant on macroeconomics... I finally muster up the energy to call A&E and get an appointment for July 24th. The technician comes in and this time I am there since my Mom has been tricked by these guys 3 times already. I repeat the experiment that the independent electrician had shown us. He acknowledges and agrees that the problem is indeed with the microwave. Within 5 minutes he nails the issue to a corrupt power cord which now needs to be replaced. He calls in the part to be shipped. I had learnt about the serial nature of setting appointments and asked the next appointment to be scheduled rightaway. It got scheduled for Aug 8th as that gives enough time for the part to be shipped. I called on Aug 7th to figure out where the part is. I was told it was getting shipped on Aug 7th and that they have to now cancel the Aug 8th appointment. Well, ofcourse. What else should I have expected at this point. Now its Aug 14th and I call again. I am told that the part has still not been shipped and that it is the manufacturers fault. I asked to speak to a supervisor and spoke to Rebecca, who assured me that she will personally call the parts department and figure out why a power cord was taking so long. I now have an appointment set for Aug 22nd, 2008. Lets see if they can manage to stretch this even further.

Its been 4.5 months since this saga started. I have gone from frustration to amazement and seriously I am somewhat amused on how terrible Whirlpool's customer service is. I would love to write a business school case study on this.

btw: when I had asked to get A&E's corporate HQ phone number I was told that they didnt have it at the call center. The best she could do was to give me an address. Well, I am sharing it here if anyone feels like writing snail mail.

1300 Louis Henna blvd
    Round Rock, TX 78664

Lesson learnt: NEVER buy extended insurance. Its far better to just throw the appliance and purchase a new one. This way you never have to deal with any customer service. Plus they should change the name from Customer service to Suckers beware.

soap on clothing

I have a Calypso Washing Machine and have nothing but problems. The company I bought the washer from, after trying to figure out the problems as to why I was getting bleach all over clothes that should not have bleach on them, changed the bleach dispenser.

They have never been able to fix my other problem. No matter how little soap I use, when I wash dark clothing, there are soap marks on the clothing. I always have to use an extra rinse in the first washing, then I always have several pieces that still have soap on them, so I have to run them through another wash cycle without any soap in order to get the soap off the clothing. I finally quit calling the serviceman, because he could not suggest anything except using less soap, which I tried and it did not work, or he told me that in the middle of the cycle to open the lid and reposition the clothing so all of the clothing would have a better chance of coming out clean. Now isn't that ridiculous? I do not have time to stand by the washer and do that, nor do I feel like that is the answer.

We received some info and the class action suit, but it did not specify the problem I was having, and I tried to call the phone number for weeks and could never get through, so I quit trying.

dryer does not operate!

I have owned this dryer since 10/5/05. I also purchased a 5 year warranty. Since this date, I have had numerous service calls for the same issue. The technician will install a part and a few months later the same thing happens and it is no longer working again. I have called and written Boscovs, Whirlpool, and the better business bureau to no avail. It is well over a year later and the dryer is still breaking down on a regular basis. I will never buy another major appliance from Boscovs and certainly not from Whirlpool. This is due to the major lack of customer service.

grievance for having whirlpool...

I am sending this mail after disappointment with my high efforts with the customer service team:

I have purchased a ice magic whirlpool 285 ltrs. Refrigerator on 10-05-2006 from your dealer m/s. Discount circuit, b-1, mewar house, 1, kilokari, ring road, ashram, new delhi under invoice no. 2164 bearing serial no. 2449. It was a great trust in your brand because we are already using your appliances in our home. But this trust stands only for few days when my fridge started giving me trouble. The performance of the machine was not to our expectation, so we rang up your service center for the complaint. They provided us a customer id no. Dlc-0906/26417 it was a month of september 2006 just 4 months after purchase. Mr. B. P. Sharma the service engineer came to rectify the problem, he changed some part. We were very much surprised that the component failed of a world renowned brand whirlpool in just 4 months. It worked fine for few days but the same problem raised. It was now the month of oct-nov. We didn’t notice the effect as the weather was cool.in march 2007 when the weather was changing we noticed the same problem that we had faced earlier. On 20th march we again registered a complaint under our customer id dlc-0906/26417. After 2 days on 22nd march mr. S. D. Pandey, service engineer, whirlpool attended the complaint and changed some part and give us assurance that the problem is rectified and we wont face the same problem in future. After 3-4 days we again faced the same problem. This time we were very much disappointed that we had purchased a wrong deal. We then again called customer service under the same id and had a word with mr. Mayank. He gave us the complaint no. Dl0307019360 dated 29.03.2007. He committed us that the service engineer will come today itself because that day we were having a party at our place and the fridge is a very essential appliance for day to day life. But all in vain, service engineer haven’t came that day. Then we again rang up to and had a word with ms. Nancy, customer care and reminded about the same complaint in the morning @ 10:30am. Mr. Sushil, service engineer arrived at our place in the noon.in spite of rectifying the problem he called up some of his colleague form our mobile (This is really disgusting) and told us that I am unable to rectify the problem and he will arrive the next day with his senior in the morning and give his mobile no. 0 [protected]. After waiting for him we rang that fellow so called service engineer at his mobile and he refused to come over to attand the complaint and told us that he is on leave and its better to talk in service center, it was now 31st march 2007. We then again called the service center and spoke to mr. Narender and he assured us that my complaint this time will be rectified positively. I also told mr. Narender that my complaint which I had registered on 29th of march has not been attended yet. This time I was really fed up of making calls and receive fake assurances. I really though that why I have purchased this american brand even when we have superior brand in the market? One of my friend told me to speak to mr. Makaul, service manager at 011-22148174and discuss the problem with him. After hearing my problem he sent us 2 engineers on 31st of march at our place mr. Ramesh and mr. Sandeep, they also changed the part and assured us that the problem is rectified. After working few hours the same problem raised. Now this time I thought of parcel this brand new renowned whirlpool refrigerator to ur service center to experiment on the machine. I was really disappointed that after having discussion with sr. Service manger the problem is still there. I again complained in service center and spoke with ms. Anjali @ 8.25 am on 2-4-07. After few hrs. @ 10.10 I spoke to mr. Makaul regarding the same problem. He again send his engineer to my place he also changed some part by promising that the problem is rectified... Where do I stand I don’t know!!! Because in the warranty period I complained many time but nothing happened and now my warranty period of one year is getting over. I don’t know what will happen in future days. Cause in warranty I m not paying for nothing and after when my warranty will be over I wont be able to spent the amount (Service charges and component charges) on the defective piece. We would request take back your faulty item and get back the hard earned money back. So that we are able to buy some another good brand.

• Kr
    KrishnaiahMV Nov 02, 2012

the wrilpool is creating this kind of issues to most of the customer.
    am also one of the victim .
    am purchased a Front loading washing machine during Dec 2010 and there was sivere complint in the m/c and they are unable to rectify and picked the m/c for replacement during Sep'12. but till date there is no responce from either service or company even after somany reminders.
    my humble request to all the consumers, kindly dodn't select wrilpool product at any point of time. if you are ready to face the troubles from wrilpool you can...

defective fully automatic machine

We purchased the above said machine from M/S Classic Enterprises . The machine is born defective. It tears clothes during working. We registered our complaints to your service center directly & then through your dealer M/s. Classic Enterprises, Ludhiana.

We registered our complaint that the machine is not functioning properly & have torn the clothes. Even on spinning function, the machine produces so much noise since we purchased the machine. We told your service engineer who gave us the demo on the very first day. He told us that it will be set right after a few days, as the machine is new one.

On dated 04/02/2007 , Mr. Jaspal Singh of your service center took the machine to the service centre & returned the same on dated 07/02/2007. He told us while returning the machine that they have not got any experience/practical training for repairing of this fully automatic machine model & the company will replace the same with a new one .

Now the machine is lying idle with us for the last 21 days. We are unable to wash our clothes. In this connection, we had already sent e-mail to your local service centre dated 09/02/2007

Now the machine is lying idle with us; nor any person has visited us for the replacement of the defective machine. All the time when we talk either to your service center at Ludhiana or Chandigarh or Delhi; every time new person attends the telephone & reply that he is not aware of the complaint. As such I have been compelled to register my complaint to you through your website.

Will you please inform me in writing as & when I will get the new machine from you along with cost of torn clothes. All the time the matter is delayed without any reason by replying false excuses. I have been mentally tortured from your behavior & non cooperation.

So, I request you to replace this born defective machine & send to me demand draft for Rs.13,000.00 (Rs.Thirteen Thousand Only) being the the cost of torn clothes, which are lying with me within 15 days from the receipt of this letter, failing which I will be compelled to hand over the documents/matter to my legal adviser to get the compensation for harassment (mental unrest), mental torture, along with the cost of the machine (with interest) and cost of the torn clothes along with the legal expenses ; as I have to purchase new washing machine from another company.