Having problems with Whirlpool?

+1 866 698 2538 (United States)
+1 269 923 5000 (Head Office)
+39 283 7151 (Europe, Middle East & Africa)
+55 113 566 1000 (Latin America)
2000 N. M-63
Benton Harbor, Michigan

Complaints & Reviews

very poor after sales services and no customer respect

I purchased a refrigerator i. e. whirlpool ref 310 l deluxe iceberg steel, model no. ina [protected] from kbm electronics, lakshmi nagar dated 20th october 2006. the refrigerator was defective in terms of cooling capacity and despite keeping it on full scale it does not cool items. we realized it very late as the fridge was bought in winters and we were unaware of the defect as not much cooling is required in winters.

But as summers started, items in this refrigerator started decaying and till date it is totally ineffective in terms of cooling. I lodged several complains to the whirlpool consumer service center (consumer service h. o., 28, n. i. t. faridabad, haryana) but every time the support engineer comes and promises that they have fixed the problem. but the problem is still there and on top of that defrost water has started leaking out of the refrigerator. the forms filled by the service engineers do not provide enough details of the problem and the fix made.

We have been chasing whirlpool consumer service for so many months and did not get any relief. sometimes we lodged complain and the engineer did not turn up for 2-3 weeks in spite of reminding the center several times. they do not have a very good complain resolution process and the engineers misguide the consumer and get away without any solution to the problem.

Finally I lodged a consumer complain in the dist court but the response from whirlpool india is shocking. they have no respect for consumer and used lawyer to twist facts and used false claims to make the case in their favour. I will fight this case to the highest authority and make them realise that they need to offer the same services to indians as what they provide in western countries.

So far I it has been 13 months and I have not used my refrigerator after paying them rs 19, 500 (500usd). I do not know how long the wait is. my recommendation is that although whirlpool is a good brand but their after sales is lowest grade. never go for whirlpool.

• As
    ashu arora Sep 04, 2009

It is pity that Whirlpool, a world known company, is offering their products in India with faulty system. I bought Double Door fridge in July, 2008 and since then no one from the company/Service center has bothered to visit to check this machine. Unfortunately it stopped cooling and i lodged the complaint under no.DL0909002665. Visiting charges of Rs.394 should not be charged/applicable as it is not customer's fault.It is company's fault for offering the faulty system. If the machine is stopped working almost after a year it means that the products are of not good quality. It means their product reliability is very poor. I will sorry to say that the customers in India are cheated by offering faulty system which starts giving problem just after one year. Please look into the matter so that others should not suffer like me. It is really a very humiliating experience by buying such a branded product from one of the leading companies in this field.

microwave malfunction!

I've taken a Whirlpool Microwave in Oct 2005. After the warranty period I had done AMC as persuaded by the company representative. Since then I had problem twice and the 1st complain took 2 months to get rectified... the service staff says "there is shortage of spares". Now again it is out of order and complain has been made, but again there is no spare parts. I really do not know how long it will take time. Microwave is a necessity in todays

terrible service!

Original Service Call: 10/13/07 (F70 error code and would not work). The Service Tech thought he was there to fix a washer and said he never had to work on a Duet dryer. He performed no diagnostics, but decided to replace one of the circuit boards to see if that would fix it. The part arrived in 6-10 days as expected, so I scheduled another service call. The same Tech came out and did not know how to open the dryer, so he pried off the front facia ring improperly and broke all of the clips. He ordered the broken part and asked if I could install it myself when it arrived in another 6-10 days. I said "sure".

Days later, I received a strange URGENT call from a different Tech who needed to know when he was at my house, because the service order did not have the right details and he did not remember being at my house. I told him it was another Tech who was at my house. That raised my concern about the part order, so I called A&E. They had no clue about what was going on with the other Tech. Even though they assured me the part was ordered, it did not arrive within 6-10 days as expected. On calling them again, A&E stated they did not see the part order and they resubmitted the order.

The part arrived some time in November, but it was the wrong color. Called A&E who again said they ordered the new part, and stated to me on the phone that it would be sent right away and the service Tech would be out to pick up the wrong part. I asked the rep to add several comments to my file about the problems I have had with their service, and she guaranteed someone would call within 24 hours to discuss. I asked her to add 5 bullet points about all of the problems I had with their service, and she stated the comments were entered in my service record. I never received a call.

When the Tech arrived a week later, he took the wrong part and ordered the correct part while in my driveway, because he said the order was on hold until he picked up the wrong part that was previously sent. Remember that the Service Rep told me the part was to be sent right away, not after the Tech picked up the wrong part. The replacement part was not sent until late December, and it was the wrong color again.

12/29: Dryer issuing F70 code and not working again. After scheduling service through the Whirlpool web site, I called A&E (Stephanie) who said a Tech would have to come out to order the part, since A&E customer service reps do not know part numbers. I told her a service call is scheduled for 1/3, so that Tech could order the part. I also complained (very nicely without yelling or being demeaning) that this was the worst service I have ever received from a company, and that I needed to discuss with a supervisor. She said one would call within 24 hours. I told her that was the same response I got last time, and that nobody ever called. She said that was because a message was not sent by the prior rep. I asked about the multiple lines of comments that should be in my record, but she said there were no comments in my record. Someone either deleted or never entered the comments they guaranteed were in my record. Stephanie said nothing; no apology, no explanation, no concern whatsoever. I called back to cancel my service appointment with A&E to try a different service company. The Service rep said a Tech would need to come out to verify the model number. I told her they obviously had the right model number, because they sent the right part, only in the wrong color. She said a supervisor would need to call me back to figure out how to handle. I told her this was the worst service I ever received from a company and that I am filing complaints with A&E and Whirlpool (I've only filed one other written complaint in my life of 45 years). I called Whirpool's parts department myself, who then called A&E to work through the issue. The Whirlpool rep stated it was resolved and that Whirlpool is sending the part directly. Why wouldn't A&E take the same 10 minutes to do what I did? Because they do not care one iota about "customer service", and they make that very obvious.

• Il
    iluvelectro Dec 22, 2008

They are horrible. I am so mad I can't even get into it or my head will explode. I will never use them ever.

• Ka
    kawa Jul 30, 2013

A&E !!! is very really very bad attitude and customer service! I have never had anything like that. Walking in his dirty shoes on my silk antique carpet!
    It is too long to explain all situation, but if you are going to use they serves, my advice to all of you, please think not two but three times, or just look up and find some other company. I will never ever use them again!

whirlpool refrigerator!

Refrigerator makes loud noise and doors are rusting from inside to surface. Terrible quality product! Stay away!

• Kd
    KDiskin Dec 20, 2007

Have a kitchen aide fridge Model # KSS042QMB01--
    Motor, and two compressors Gone! Problem has occured twice in less thatn 6 months! Product was purchased in 2005. Service is awful, have the Extended Warranty! Kitchen Aide is useless--customer service very poor! Lost $1,000 +in food. Kitchen Aide does nothing to support the consumer-DO NOT BUY!

poor quality!

When we moved into our home we purchased new appliances for our kitchen-all Whirlpool Gold. I had a service call within the first three months for the electric stove saying it didn't heat properly. Two technicians were sent to our home and told me it showed the proper heat level. I stood my ground saying it may be working ok right now, but it doesn't always hold it's temperature.

I have lived with this problem since then and now the control panel has gone and the quote was $496.00 to repair the over that hasn't worked properly from day one. I'd rather buy a new one than throw more money at this model.

oven wall

I bought a new Khov house last year. Before my warranty expired Oct 30/07, I called Whirpool to get service for my wall ovens, that I couldn't use them because there was a "beep" all the time. The technician came on Oct 25/07, he pushed some buttons, and then he told me that everything was ok, but it wasn't. (Please keep in mind, that before he left he wrote in a piece of paper an 800 number, for me to call and to buy the extended warranty, in case I wll need it in the future). A few minutes after he left, that "beep" started again. I called him right away at his cell phone, and I let him know that nothing was fixed. He told that now he had to order a part and that he will call me back. Today
is Dec.11/07, and since I haven't go any call from them, I decided to call Whirpool. They sent me again to the same technician, and what he answered was: Oh, I called you but you didn't answer the phone. (He never did it)so, now you have to pay for everything. So that was the purpose of the 800 number. He never finish his job, AND NOW THEY WANT TO RENDER THAT SERVICE, BUT NOT UNDER THE SAME ORDER I MADE BEFORE THE EXPIRATION OF THE WARRANTY! They waited, that way they can ask for payment! PLUS, then I called Whirpool to report this, and the man at the customer service wasn't at all kind ... he was instead: arrogant and unrespectful! I would NEVER recommend that brand again!!!

worst ever after sales service

I am one of your loyal customer with a range of whirl pool appliances at my office and home. Never earlier I have faced such a problem with the company and service. This time its worst then a nightmare.
I have purchased Whirlpool double door 340litres.refriferator Since day one we have been complaining to the dealer M/s Pravin agency- Pune regarding a) Bubble in the body of refrigerator b) Linear crack causing ducting problem c) Egg tray and onion & Lemon box not supplied . Service centre too was informed regarding the same. Service request Nos : PN0707001126 Dt : 04/07/2007 , PN1107009832 Dt 27/11/2007 ( available with us ) Mr Ramaswamy, Mr Apurva from Pune office were also informed regarding the same. Its been months together and no one at your end is bothered to rectify the problem.
Will anything be done regarding the same on priority basis.
With a hope of same good old support system
I remain
Adv. Amitabh Mehata

I am one of loyal customers of whirlpool with a range of whirl pool appliances at my office and home. Never earlier I have faced such a problem with the company regarding after sales service. This time its worst then a nightmare.
I have purchased Whirlpool double door 340litres iceberg.refriferator Model : 10198 DLX. Since day one we have been complaining to the dealer M/s Pravin agency- Hadapsar Pune Maharashtra India regarding a) Bubble in the body of refrigerator b) Linear crack causing ducting problem c) Egg tray and onion & Lemon box not supplied .
Service centre too was informed regarding the same. Service request Nos : PN0707001126 Dt : 04/07/2007 , PN1107009832 Dt 27/11/2007 ( available with us ) Mr Ramaswamy, Mr Apurva – officials from pune office were also informed regarding the same . Its been months together and no one at whirlpool is bothered to rectify the problem.
Will anything be done regarding the same on priority basis.
With a hope of same good old support system
I remain
Adv. Amitabh Mehata

Manoranjan kumar sinha Sep 03, 2007

The whirlpool company i think is a cheater company which cheats its customers through so called whirlpool magic.They are the worst when it comes to service.They are only into getting visiting fees for engineers and leaving the customers to fend for themselves as they never rectify the problem.I had a small problem of my whirlpool 215 elite model door hinge broken. i complaint to 27 aug 2007 on whirlpool call center giving specifics of my door problem. when their engineer came he said that he was just told that there was some problem in refrigerator and he had come to know what was the problem and then demanded the visiting fees. when told why not i give it after it is made , he said then wait till it is made .you can never get it in the market.he used in most abusive language.when contacted to his service center they again told lies.that it be made but till date no one has informed that when it is going to be made or when the engineer visit. the worst refrigerator of the world is Whirlpool.

Maud Hallin Dec 11, 2007

I thought it was only in the US or rather California that the service STInks. Turns out you have the same thing in India. After the experience with Whirlpool's service, and learning that the same repair company handles most American branded products, well I am going to buy Japanese or European goods from now on.

If it were not for this stuff being under warranty...

Anyhow, looking forward to being in Delhi next year for a couple of weeks.

• Ha
    hasmukh panchal Dec 24, 2007

I purchase refrigeretor before 3 years now its paint are removing , company"s inspetor came & see not responce or answer not proper way & he told me you fight with company. Ss per my best of knowlege company has no skilled worker & no inspection. Bad goods are dum to public & purchaser get into trouble. I seen your complaint board site, so i wrote hear. I AM GIVING ADVICE TO ALL PURCHASER COME & MAKE UNITY AGAINST COMPLANIT IN NEWSPAPER.

• Bi
    Birendra Sinha Jul 17, 2008

My Whirpool washing machine is not functioning correctly. I called up 020-60008558 and service centre almost 10 times in last 2 months but it is not corrected yet. Once a junior engineer (with not having enough skills, as he was taking consultancy on phone with somebody else) came to my house but could not solve the problem.

Few request number are as follows:
    Req# 3549 in June
    Req# 6037 on 4th July.
    I would really request everybody not to purchase any whirpool product.

sam Mar 31, 2009

whirlpool has worst after sales service.

non receipt of gifts

I have purchased washing machine H70 of Whirlpool India ltd. from their online shopping store "Online deals.com". As per the advertisement given on the online deals it was assured that the customers purchasing washing machine through online deals will be in given free gifts worth 1495 of Trendz dinner set and a scratch card including the bumper prize. I purchased the said washing machine and it was delivered to me on 22nd of October 2007 but without any gifts. After some days I approached the online deals through their telephone no as given by them and as well via E-mail . Firstly they did not respond to my calls and finally the no. was kept engaged. After further pursuation and lodging a complaint in the complaint box of the Whirlpool , an email was received by my wherein I was assured that the gifts will be delivered to me within 3-5 days. Besides the customer executive also talked on phone with me as well as with my wife, assuring that the gifts will be delivered. After some time, a letter along with a scratch card was sent to me wherein they intimated that all other gifts will be sent to you within days. But till date more than one and half month has elapsed and nothing of any sort has come from them except that of scratch card. I once again tried to call them on phone, but nobody responded on the phone. This is utter cheating of the customers by luring them to buy online and promising free gifts with the products. I want to bring this fact to the notice of all the people as well as to the concerned authorities in the whirlpool India ltd. so that I am given the due gifts that they promised to give with the products.

Hoping for early response

Rakesh Kaul

• Pr
    Priyanka Dec 20, 2007

Even i am facing the same problem i bought a fully automaic washing machine and within a year it went for repair minimum 5 times. Worst product with a quality brand.

• Al
    Alka Ranjan Dec 23, 2007

Even I am fed up of irregular working of my whirlpool fully automatic washing machine, which I was purchase on 26 Nov 2005, but since Oct 2006 the machine is not working properly, almost after every wash it gives error and when I complain, the whirlpool engineer visit us and temporary remove the error but again when I us the machine it not work properly, If machine is working like this in their guaranty period then what will happen in future, no one is taking this matter seriously, Worst wroduct and company.

vikram singh Feb 11, 2008

I purchased Whirlpool washing machine. But I am doing compalin for its water leakage for last 2 week. Nobody is coming to repair it. Incharge of this area used to say Door is locked without visiting home. I am very much frustrated after buying this product.

• Sh
    shubhendu Feb 25, 2008

I have purchased a whirlpool washingmachine on 27/5/2006 having model no. 9855

SERIAL NO. INB061700087 which have 2 years warrenty period but during this period i have to call the person for repearing the same defect for the seven times.

COMPLAIN NO:- DATED:-

4389 18/8/06

5405 21/9/06

9260 23/4/07

1083 3/5/07

2990 8/9/07

2524 6/10/07

9618 22/2/08

So kindly take ur decision of replacing this piece within one week otherwise we will go to the consumer court...

scam by a&e!!

Technician#0002295 Is sent to my home via "Whirlpool Co"[protected]), following a report by me that my...

washing machine of no use

Dear Sir/Madam,

We have purchased Whirlpool Model F/A W/M H-65 washing machine in the name of Gnana Guru Raja on 19/10/2006. Serial No. INB063502073, Model No. 7230, date of Mfg. 29 AUG 2006.

For the last 5 months there is serious problem in the machine and 10 times we had informed to the customer care no. [protected] and they have sent a technical person MR. Parmesh.

But the problems still not been rectified and the machine is not been used for the last 25 days.

The actual problem is under the machine there is a water leakage, the dryer is not working properly and there is a big noice when the machine is started washing.

We would like to bring to your notice that this is a very serious problem, either the problem has to be rectified permanently or the unit has to be replaced for new.

We were trying to reach the managers Mr. Jeyaraj and Mr. Lakshmanan - Bangalore,
but they are not at all anserwing the call, its always ringing.

I request you to kindly take action against the poor response and find a solution otherwise we also don't have a choice.

If there is no response from your end then we don't have a choice i will have to take a legal action nor go to the media.

Please understand the seriousnous and do the needful as early as possible.

Regards.

Arjunan - [protected]

faulty washing machine!

We purchased a Whirlpool washing machine from Curry's with a warranty in case of faults within one year...

[Resolved] fridge door broken

We bought whirlpool 310 double door refrigerator in Jan 2007 and after buying it we observed that the fridge is not working. After some persuasion the technician came and said that there is no gas and it has to be refilled. I don't know how come the new fridge had this problem.

Recently (in november) one day my wife opened the fridge door (the main compartment door) and surprisingly the entire door came out. The hinges on which it was moving broke. I was shocked to see this as this is the first time i saw this kind of problem.

Now i want to get my fridge replaced but nobody is listening. i think the product is not up to the mark.

• Whirlpool's response · Aug 19, 2013

Hello Dheeraj. My name is Melanie and I am a representative with Whrilpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your refrigerator. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard), your user ID name (dheeraj goyal), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Resolution Statement

Radhika Vathsan Dec 24, 2007

I have an identical problem! I was surprised such things happen! I bought the same 310 double door "Ice Magic" model in October 2006. Exactly after the one -year warranty expiration time, it stopped cooling, and some condenser had to be replaced. One month later, I opened the door and it came broken off: the metal hinge rod was broken!! After complaining repeatedly for oneweek the service mancame and replaced the hinge and we will wait for the next thing to go wrong in a month's time!!

This product is definitely of very poor manufacturing quality!

• De
    deepika Feb 02, 2008

Hi ,

I am Deepika and i am having problem in my refregirator , the bottom beeding is gone and the color is Blue and it is 260 Lt please help me on this

Regards,
    Deepika

samir k chakravorty Jan 29, 2009

To
    Regional Manager - Sales,
    Whirlpool of India Limited,

Sub: Replacement of Broken Freezer Base – Iceberg Elite, (Purchase date 15 / 05 / 08)
    Ref: Complaints LK/C/05-08/19504 and LK 0109000962, dated 05 / 01 / 09

D’ Sir,
    I wish to bring to your notice that:

• Ice – scaling was observed at the freezer compartment floor corrugations last summer- AUG’ 2008 and reported to customer care.
    • Due to condensation, the coil behind becomes thickly frosted. It is presumed, during power failures, on melting, WATER, trickles from behind the back panel at the floor and settles of the corrugation channels of the freezer. This, freezes soon on resumption of power and operation of the fridge.
    • The service engineer upon examination had opened the back panel and comprehensively TAPED the base; behind the face-panel- Aug /Sep ’08 – This did not solve the problem.

• A FRESH COMPLAINT WAS LODGED. THE SAME SERVICE ENGINEER REPORTED FOR INSPECTION ON 05 / 01 / 09
    • However, this time exess cooling and broken freezer base has been reported, without a second look behind the panel. The engineer recollected the features of the problem and made a few verbal queries assuring us that the replacement of the broken part shall soon be made.

I wonder why taping was resorted to as a makeshift / temporary service delivery at the first instance. Whirlpool definitely would not recommend clumsy service delivery to superficially pacify unknowledgeable consumers.

• Several reminders have been made during the past month to your service call center, each time assurance is given that the redressal shall be made within the week / 24 Hrs. – but to no avail.

I request you to please look into the matter so that whatever is needed to be done is complied soon so that I may have sufficient time to convince myself that the defect is rectified within the one year comprehensive guarantee period. Hope you’ll oblige.

Thanking you,

gurunath singrikonda Feb 11, 2011

whirlpool refrigrator not working

• Ni
    Nilesh Gujar Aug 19, 2013

We bought whirlpool 310 double door refrigerator in 2007, identical problem! my wife opened the fridge door (the main compartment door) and surprisingly the entire door came out. The hinges on which it was moving broke. Its been 20 days and service center does not know, when would be part be made avaliable, not they are ready to fix this...

no demo, no installation, only assurances

Purchased machine from Digital Shoppie, Habsiguda, Hyderabad on 7th Nov. Assured demo and installation on 9th. No body turned up even after repeated requests to the Dealer and to the Company Service Centre(Nos. [protected] and [protected]). Talked to one Mahesh. Only assurances and no action. We were told not to install our own as that would make us ineligible for warranty benefits. We are trapped. Machine lying packed at our home.

Our Mobile No. is [protected].

cheating of consumers!

I bought a Whirlpool Washing Machine on 17.10.2007 through the company's online deals which promised to give free gifts, if the company's product was brought through online deals. I purchased the washing machine by using my credit card. The product was delivered to me on 22.10.2007 but without any free gifts. I brought this to the notice of the company as well as to the Online deals.com but no response was received from them.Even I called them by phone, but they never cared to give any response. By advertising on the net, they are just cheating the consumers.

Ramesh Nov 21, 2007

I think you are a very lucky person because at least you got your machine, but for me it is a nightmare. I had made the payment for the washing machine on 3-11-2007 and I am still waiting for the machine. I hope to be as lucky as you. The days are not far away when this Whirlpool company will be in dumps. I appeal to all to boycott this company's product.

• Su
    sudhir sharma Apr 30, 2008

I bought whirlpool fridge 350 litrs symphony white ch .no. jc4441386 on fifth november 2004. With in one year its module goes defective and was replaced because it was under warranty.Now again the same module got defective. Now i have paid rupees 2503 and it is replased. Since i am an engineer and think the problem is with the poor quality of module and its components. There is no question of voltage fluctions. If we have to replace this module every year and spend so much money on this then i will ask all my friends not to buy this fridge. The service contract is too high.pl comments and look into the matter my mobile no is 9810751841 and permanent custmer identification no is 4783191. Thanks.

vipin mishra Nov 11, 2008

duro max dead

vipin mishra Nov 30, 2008

duro max system is not working last 20 days.
    dealer and salesman no responce.

• I had purchased a washing Machine from DASS ELECTRIC TRADING CO(P) LID, vide invoice Number 9998PSC dated 26-10-08.The person who came for installation fund the particular piece was not proper and I complaint with reference to complaint B040148 and B240424 they have replaced the same.But the second one also have some problem .Again i have registered complaint with the number B010524. usually whenever I complain either a ask through phone what is your problem or a sent a non qualified person just for name sake to satisfy the customer. Though I have informer to the Dass Agencies where I had purchased they also say we will inform to the concerned person and give a new registration number. Though I purchased the machine as my wife is not keeping good health. But now this make me and my wife very sick.Please solve this.

• Va
    varshaavhad Jul 27, 2009

iI totally disagree with your view. As I bought from Dass Electric - Pune, my experience was totally delightful !!

• Va
    varshaavhad Jul 27, 2009

Right

• Ni
    nikunj.sheth Mar 12, 2010

LAST YEAR I HAVE PURCHASED WASHING MACHINE AND AFTER 1 MONTHS IT GETS STARTED GIVING ME A PROBLESMS, NOS. OF TIME MECHANIC CAME TO MY PLACE AND REPLACES SPARES, AND LASTLY MECHANIC WAS AGREED THAT THIS MACHINE IS FAULTY U INFORM TO MR. DINESH LUHAR WHO IS HEAD OF DOLPHIN SERVICE AUTHORISED SERVICE STATION BY WHIRLPOOL INDIA FOR BARODA GUJARAT, NOW THAT PERSON AGREED TO REPLACE THE MACHINE BEFORE 3 MONTHS THAT IS IN NOV 09 AND GIVEN REQUIRED PAPER BUT STILL HE IS NOT PROCESSING OR WHAT ELSE FORMALITY HE ISNOT EVEN RESPONDING ON PHONE ALSO. PL GO THROUGH THE MATTER.

fridge not working!

I made a very expensive mistake by buying a 400 lit double door refrigerator and from that time it was the end of my "Peace of Mind” which is your punchline!!Since July 2017 when the fridge was bought I have had to call the service centre t least 10 times. in this brief period the compressor has been changed, some other part has been changed twice , I have had to buy an AMC and also buy a stabilizer as I was advised by your technician that Whirlpool refrigerator does not function well without it!! Something unfortunately the salesperson did not inform at the time of selling this terrible product. It is surely the worst piece of machinery ever produced and I assure you it will not help your cause to have expensive film stars do a dance on TV to sell your products when your customers are going to tell as many people they can about how bad this product is. Anyway as on 1st Nov the fridge is not working again and in spite of logging the complaint early in the morning no one has bothered to show up till 3 p.m.I had also requested to speak to a senior person regarding this as I have already spent Rs.10000 on various and each time the fridge stops working I have to throw away all the stuff from the fridge! Can someone tell me who is going to pay? I think I should go to a consumer court.

• Di
    Dilawar Singh May 04, 2007

I purchased a fridge on 2 feb. Till date nobody has come for installation. I told them ,the dealer says nobody requires a refrigerator installation. Stay away from Whirlpool!

• As
    ASHU GUPTA Sep 11, 2007

Purchased 340 lit whirlpool refrigerator 18 months back and since the delivery its balance points were not proper and inspite of several reminders and complaints regarding various malfunctioning specially door closing no one to attend the problem. AMC charges extra Rs. 3500/- also paid but no one to attend the problem saying spare is not coming from company.

Maud Hallin Dec 11, 2007

Refrigerator bought at end of June is still on warranty, so I called for assistance. Interior of refer department and frozen section were filled with ice. First technician, who arrived around 7 pm for a 1-5 appointment diagnosed leak in sealer. Silicon caulked. Incorrect diagnosis. Called again, new service set up. Now diagnozed needed new sealer. Sealer ordered by technician. When it arrived I had to set up a third appointment. Now on November 30, when I called to remind the operator who sets up appointments, I was told I was not on the list for that day. New appointment for December 5 for 1-5 o'clock appointment. Received call at 3 pm stating technician would be there within an hour. Nobody had arrived by 7 pm. No more information. New set up for December 11. Call at 10 am. I had been assured because of earlier mess ups that I would be first in the morning, i.e. around 8 am - some of us customers believe we also have a life.

New Technician arrives at 10.30 and states nothing wrong with sealer. Problem is defrost timer. Luckily he has a timer, and with my help we struggle through the instructions on how to connect replacement timer. He defrosts refrigerator, is courteous and intelligent, and knows his stuff. Not true with previous technician, who clearly needed a lot of training.

How many hours have I had to wait, call to find out when I would receive service etc. By now about 25 hours of frustration. If this is the way of the future I will not buy any more American labeled appliances for my apartment buildings.

The scheduling system for this company STINKS.

• Gs
    g.srinivasan May 25, 2008

Sir,

I had purchased Whirlpool Ice Berg on 15/5/2017.

Since then due to several problems your co. has changed the fridge 3 times.

On one side we thank you for 3 replacements but on the other we underwent terrible mental pressure.

Now even the 3rd. fridge isnt working well, aprox. since last 30 days. The sensor was replaced then within a couple of days we were told that the thermostat needs to be replaced.But as of dt. no action taken.Sir we are LITTERALLY BEGGING to your service people but of no use.

Whirlpool a co. of high stds. should it's customers be treated like this.

I would be very happy if you could HELP us in this issue

• Sh
    Shobha Muralidharan May 29, 2008

First and foremost, the call center will action the complaint only after 48 hrs of the same being registered! Inspite of informing them the nature of complaint the service person lands up 72 hrs later with out the spare. The complaint was registered on 10May and till date a simple control nob has not been replaced. The local service manager in Bangalore is not available and the acting mgr has barred all incoming calls! As informed by the service person, models keeping changing every year and we need to keep up with that trend. You mean to say that the spares for a product purchased in 2017 would not be available?

I am unable to comprehend the companies attitude. Any suggestions?

Hassled consumer.

• Ap
    Applicance Repairs Apr 29, 2009

The cost for the service was very expensive, the technician was only at my home for 1/2 hour, it was only a clogged water line. No parts were used. Icalled to question the outragous charge and the owner of the company was very rude and would not reduce the charge.
    My advice.. Do not use this service.

Jc

• St
    Stanly Silveira Sep 30, 2009

My Whirlpool refrigerator conked off on thursday 24th of September 2017. We made a complaint to the call centre and were assured that an engineer will come home the next day to check the fridge.

The engineer did come home the next day. He checked the refrigerator and informed us that the compressor is blown and that the fan will need to be replaced and gas refilled.

We were assured that this will be taken care off on the coming Monday inspite of it being Dasshera. On Monday, no one turned up.

We informed the call centre and were assured that the complaint will be taken care off on Tuesday. No one turned up on Tuesday too.

We called the Call centre and asked to speak to the manager. We were informed that it is against company policy to disclose the name of the manager. So we spoke to a supervisor by the name of Dharmesh who very confidently guarnateed, I repeat guarnateed, that the fridge will be repaired on Wednesday.

We waited till late Wednesday, all the time calling the call centre to inform them that the engineer had not yet called up. Ultimately in desperation I called and asked to speak to Dharmesh. After making me hold the line for 10 minutes he comes online and LIES to me that the engineer is on his way. When we still did not recieve a call till around 7.30 PM I again called the CC and asked for Dharmesh. This time around I was informed that he had left the office.

I asked to speak to the supervisor on the floor. I was informed that one Naina will be calling me.

Today is Thursday, I still have a broken fridge with no engineers visit.

As of today, not a single Whirlpool appliance will ever enter my house for the rest of my life.

• Ip
    I.Parvez Oct 19, 2009

I bought a double door whirlpool refrigerator (ice-magic 310 litres)
    From a dealer in laxmi nagar, new delhi, in january 2017.

It has a warranty on compressors, which is valid for 05 years.

This january (2017), the compressor conked off, so they replaced with a new one (but charged me for gas filling & timer & relay)...in march, it again showed faulty functioning...in may whilpool enginners carried on a gas re-filling on my expense, but the fault could still not be completely rectified, as the cooling was not proper...in june they again suggested de-chocking of capillary tubes & a gas re-filling, which was done on my expense...!

Now in september, the company carried the refrigerator to their workshop, for repeating the de-choking process & gas - refilling + a relay etc replacement (at my cost)...in the workshop they also discovered that the compressor was not fucntioning properly, so again a new compressor was also provided... all this on 22nd. september, 2017.

... the funcyioning is still not proper, and now the engineer says that the thermostat will require replacement...!!!

That is the standard of products being dished out by whirlpool - use for 3-4 years (or till a problem does not crop up, then throw it off... and buy a new one, for sure)

I. parvez
    011-23301118
    [email protected]

vishal a shah Jul 19, 2010

Today is Thursday, I still have a broken fridge with no engineers visit.

• Bo
    boing1228 Jul 03, 2011

Did they fix it for you? Did they tell you how much it would cost you beforehand? then you have no gripe. Everything is expensive nowadays. Look at a loaf of bread $4.00. Its nuts. But you never mentioned the quality of their service. That is after all what you hired them for isn't it? Do you negotiate the price of a car after you buy it and think you paid too much? never. And your complaint is based on the fact that this company didnt reduce their bill???
    Grow up.
    Do you negotiate your insurance bill, how about your mortgage? What do you do for a living?

calypso washing machine

I bought a whirpool washing machine for $1200.00 six years ago. I also bought an extended warrenty covering the machine for five years. I have had nothing but trouble out of the machine the entire time I have had it. Every six months to a year the machine had to be fixed due to a defect in the design. The machine allowed lint from clothes to get into the motor and burn the motor up. Everytime this happened the extended warrenty fixed the machine. Now the warrenty is out on the machine and whirlpool refuses to take care of the situation. I paid whirlpool $1200 for a machine thinking that I was buying a high quality product that would last 12 to 15 years. Whirlpool insist that because it is not within their specified warrenty period they have no legal obligation to me. I am a single mother of three children and a full time nursing student. I do not have the funds to replace the machine at this time. I have been placed in a very difficult situation and all whirlpool cares about is their legal obligation to me. They have acknowledged that the problem is in their design but will not take care of me, their customer. I also bought a dishwasher from them that the electronic panal went out on the first year and a dryer that the motor burned up after I had it for 15 months. Both of those items were still covered by the warrenty but I am very upset to have had the problems in the first place. I paid more money for whirlpool products than I would have else where thinking I was buying quality and customer service. I was mistaken in both of my assumptions. I will never buy a whirlpool product again and I would advise anyone looking for quality products with a company they can depend on to avoid whirlpool products. Renee Pittman, Texas

Joan Brigham Dec 14, 2007

I purchased a whirlpool stove with a black cooking area the paint peeled around the burners,and its
    almost impossible to clean it the worst stove I ever bought,you should do better testing,I wish I had buy a white stove

Chris Jan 12, 2008

Whirlpool has consistently been the number one manufacturer in appliances in the United States for many years now. We trust them enough to put them in hundreds of new apartments we build every year.

no response from service centre in hyderabad

we had bought a whirlpool fridge 3 years back from a dealer in hyderabad, now after three years a very...

non rectification of fault

I have a 220 liter double door refrigerator from Whirlpool. I have other goods like AC, fully automatic washing machine from this company too. I also have all these products under AMC, my customer id is: 367961.

For last 3 months I have been calling the company consistently since the water trey is broken, every time I am told it will be done in next 2-3 days.

3 months damn it... what have I paid AMC charges for?

INDIA, the lax country...no system in place..if there is system no one is following it.

Can Whirlpool give this kind of ### service in a advanced country?

failure in 9 months of purchase

I have purchased Whirlpool washing machine Model WM - F65 on 1-1-2007 ( Date of Manufacture by the Company was 16-11-2006 ) in Trivandrum . On 14-10-07 white magic has failed in warranty period and now makes hell of a noise while on . I logdged complaint to Service centre , Trivandrum . They checked WM and told that its PCB has gone bad. This PCB failures in White Magice Model of Whirlpool reported by so many customers indicate Company needs to address this Control PCB failure rate MTBF . Poor washing machine!

• Ji
    jitender gupta Oct 29, 2007

washing machine not working properly

rajesh Apr 24, 2009

24-04-2009
    Hi
    I purchased a whirlpool washing machine white magic FSAN652 on 17-10-2008. All of a sudden, from yesterday onwards it started giving trouble.The moment I switch on the power only agitator spins that too only in one direction.When I phoned to customer service they told that it is PCB problem.Not even one year is over from the date of purchase.This clearly indicates that the testing wing of WHIRLPOOL is pathetic.Out of so many tests can't they even choose the high temperature and vibration test to improve their product quality.It is a shame to the so called design wing and shame to whirlpool.

ann gowell-porter Jun 10, 2010

I PURCHASED A WHIRLPOOL DUET SPORT IN FEBRUARY OF 2009, WHEN ONE YEAR CAME UP, I THEN PURCHASED THE EXTENDED WARRANTY THAT WHIRLPOOL OFFERED. I SPENT IN TOTAL OVE $800 FOR 3 YEARS OF WARRANTY ON BOTH ITEMS. IN LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AFTER BUYING THE EXTENDEDWARRANTIES BOTH WENT OUT, THE DRYER HEATING ELEMENT AND THE WASHER BEARINGS. MY APPLIANCES SHOULD RUN LIKE NEW BUT NOW WHIRLPOOL WILL NOT HONOR MY SERVICE AGREEMENTS AND I HAVE HAD NO WASHER OR DRYER SINCE MAY 1. WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? CAN'T AFFORD TO BUY A NEW ONE? I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER WHIRLPOOL APPLIANCE AGAIN IN MY LIFETIME!

• whirlpool white magic has a worst quality pcb in it, The service team replaced my machine's pcb three times in just one and half year. Today its dead again!! I have an another machine thats working perfectly since 2000 December, I should haven't purchased a fully automatic whirlpool machine.
    Abhijith Balachandran, 09497316357, 04872206827, [email protected]
    Pooparambil house
    Velappaya, Thrissur

[Resolved] very poor quality

have bought fp65 model washing machine in the year 2005 till now there was not any prblem but now the water...