Menu

S
Author of the complaint
7:17 am
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This is the worst self cleaning system I've ever used. I followed the instructions and do not let the oven get dirty. I used the oven to bake over Thanksgiving and there was spillage. I ran the Aqualift procedure 4 times with no results. I then was told by a rep on a chat line at Maytag to use Affresh. This isn't working either, so now I have a very stained oven.

To make things worse, I bought new Whirlpool appliances for our condo with the same cleaning system. What a mistake.

Do you have any other suggestions to getting my oven clean? This is ridiculous.

More Whirlpool complaints & reviews

Whirlpool - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks!
Whirlpool - defective clothes washers
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Whirlpool - beware of best buy during the christmas holiday!
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Whirlpool - whirlpool refrigerator found defective!
Whirlpool - wpw
Whirlpool - whirlpool dryer handle!
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Whirlpool - not working due to many drawback
Whirlpool - defective kitchenaid products
25 comments
Jun 20, 2022 2:00 pm

I agree totally. The Aqua Lift Self Clean on my new expensive stove does not work. I've called Whirpool a number of times, but they will not take responsibility for this defect.

M

If love to help anyone who is having issues with their Whirlpool family range with the exclusive Auqualift feature.

First, let me begin by explaining that Whirlpool creates a wonderful series of appliances. Their ranges are very well designed but, like any tool, the cook needs to understand the feature to use it correctly.

It's important to know Auqualift is not meant to take the place of self-cleaning but used as a lighter form of cleaning, but used more frequently and in between more heavy full or self-cleaning.

Anytime one uses smooth surface cooktops, they're wise in protecting it first with a ceramic polish. It's then very easy to clean.

Hopefully, that clarifies any confusion.

May 12, 2022 4:36 pm

This is by far the WORST stove I have ever bought, the Aqualift is a joke, does not clean at all, you can put self clean on a number of times and does nothing, I can put my hand on the bottom of the oven after the cycle is over Like Really ?the glass top is horrible , after every use I have to use the stove top glass cleaner. The sales personal need lessons on describing the features of the appliance. Told me Whirlpool was a great stove. They have NO IDEA what they are talking about,

Just did a renovation and got all new appliances, and made the Big mistake in getting Whirlpool

As far as I'm concerned I should get a refund, as it will take me a long time to save for a new stove

Horrible Technology It's a nightmare

K
May 12, 2022 2:51 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am shocked that Whirlpool continues to leave this technology out there and tries to defend it rather than just admit it doesn't work and recall it. I've been on the phone numerous times with them. I feel badly for their Customer Service folks, who have been nice but they're in a "no-win" situation. They wanted to send me Affresh to clean my "self-cleaning" oven! They're also sending a technician out; that's a waste of their time as well.

A
May 10, 2022 6:52 am

Its not marketed that way and it should say maye self clean button then ! False advertising and my oven is dosgusting. You have the audacity to trademark throwing 2 cups of water in the bottom of an oven and turning it on for 40 minutes and calling that at clean cycle. You rip me off hundreds of dollars for a high end oven and that crap!

M
Apr 22, 2022 2:16 pm

I went to buy a new oven because my previous one was not self cleaning. What a waste of money. This design needs a recall. I have scrubbed this oven more than the one that wasn't self cleaning. The interior of this oven absorbs spills and is impossible to get truly clean. I have tried Dawn and vinegar. I spent several hundred more than necessary for junk. I am very picky about cleaning so I never let it get bad. One bad spill and it's impossible to get clean.

V
Feb 05, 2022 5:49 pm

Obviously the engineers who developed the AquaLift technology have never cleaned their ovens themselves. It is a complete failure. I also followed the advice to use Afresh. It is as big a joke as AquaLift, so don't waste your money. I even subscribed to a handyman online service and paid to have a technician tell me to use a steam cleaner. I purchased a hand model. The steam did not begin to help the situation. My next step will be to resort to EasyOff. I didn't know there was one for self-cleaning ovens, but even if there isn't, I'm going to have to resort to it.

Hey, product developers, try using your product!

P
Jan 21, 2022 4:52 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Aqualift sucks. Does anyone know if you can use Easy off oven cleaner?

R
Jan 06, 2022 3:38 pm

I'm very disgusted with the Whirlpool Aqualift NON-cleaning oven system, as well, and hope to join the class action lawsuit if possible. Can't broil Anything without having to scrub and scrub the sides afterwards in an attempt to clean them and they still look awful after an hour of scrubbing. Such deceptive advertising should never be allowed.

L
Jan 01, 2022 12:09 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Terrible cleaning system! I might as well have not gotten a self cleaning oven.
The only part that was actually clean was the bottom of the oven AFTER I had to bail out all the disgusting water. The rest of the stove is great but ditch that cleaning system and give me the one where it takes 4 hours to clean...and the you just dust it out.

It’s ridiculous that this horrible product was allowed to be sold and Whirlpool denies the problem.

Sep 10, 2021 3:30 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Well the Affresh stove top cleaner which was recommended by Whirlpool to clean my Magtag oven didn't work. Affresh has no oven cleaner. I also tried a Dawn type soap and another degreaser. I had to scrub and scrub and maybe removed 25% of the splatters.
I see someone tried SOS scrubber. I might try that but I was afraid of scratching the surface.
And Looks like maybe the Easy Off for self cleaning ovens is a possibility. Its a shame that when we bought a self cleaning oven that it was a waste.
I hope your lawsuit works. I also saw that there was a class action suit as well.

Sep 10, 2021 11:42 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I bought my Magtag aqualift oven in 2019 and have been battling with cleaning the oven ever since. So I finally called the company and they said to use Afresh to clean the sides. It can be found at Walmart, etc. This information was not found in their instruction manual. This self cleaning oven is not a self cleaning oven. What a waste. I will be trying Afresh and if is doesn't work, I will be making another comment posting. I have a gas oven and was told that it will not run down to the gas jets.

Other than that the stove is ok. However, if you don't like rough grates on the top of the stove don't buy their stoves and never, never buy an aqua lift self cleaning oven.

N
May 31, 2021 1:17 pm

Our house burned and we had to rebuild and buy all new appliances. We bought the Whirlpool stove with the AquaLift, if only I could have sent it back. Soon after moving back into our house, we found out I had breast cancer so everything got pushed to the side. I have been trying for months now to get this oven clean, run Aqualift at least 4 times at a time. It's not working. Has anyone found a solution.

Mar 26, 2021 1:17 pm

I want a refund
This oven is expensive
It’s horrible
The glass is stained
Self clean doesn’t work
Night mare
My husband has to scrub for hours on his knees ! What a disaster

O
Mar 26, 2021 1:31 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

You are so right. If I could go back in time I would have never have bought this stove.

O
Mar 21, 2021 2:03 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This is the absolute worst oven cleaning method I have ever experienced. I'm cleaning my oven right now and this is the third time I've put water in it. Usually takes 3 or 4 times with the water and about 4 SOS pads to get it clean. If I could afford it I would get rid of it and get the regular self cleaning oven.

Jan 12, 2021 11:31 am

I agree, I just used the Aqua Lift system for first time and can't believe how awful it is. Why bother with a self cleaning system like this. I use to use the high temp burn off system. All i had to do was wipe white dust off the bottom of oven. I use to get clean sides and door but now is a mess.
Should get a huge rebate for having to go back to scrubbing the oven.
Terrible with all the new technology out there and for KitchenAid to have this .

C
Jan 10, 2021 4:35 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I bought a new Kitchen Aid gas range with the AquaLift technology and I agree it is a complete joke. Does not work at all! I swear the oven does not even get warm enough to create steam to clean the oven. What I don’t understand is why ythe owner’s manual says not to use oven cleaner? Why would that hurt the oven?

T
Nov 30, 2020 2:42 pm

Same problem with AquaLift, does not work at all. I used the oven to roast a turkey on Thanksgiving and am now on my 6th run through with Aqua Lift to clean it. the Walls and Bottom are stained and not lifting at all. Any suggestions would be helpful. Very disappointed with this cleaning system.

J
Sep 27, 2020 10:56 am

Aqualift does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Our Whirlpool dishwasher is so pitiful, we wash all dishes by hand. We've paid someone to look at the dishwasher to make sure nothing was wrong. It just socks. Spirs a little bit of water on dishes periodically. Dishes are nasty after every wash cycle unless you clean them prior to washing. I want a dishwasher from the 70s. The hell with conserving a gallon of water.
I will never so much as contemplate the purchase of another Whirlpool product.

C
Aug 25, 2020 5:23 pm

We do not like our Whirlpool Gold Series Aqua Lift and want a refund

Jun 29, 2020 6:28 pm

This cleaning method is a scam! I bought a whirlpool stove 3 years ago with this stupid technology, tried to return it to Sears they said I was over the 30 day return policy by 3 days! In 2019 we sold our home and the house we bought had a kitchen aid range and guess what.? AquaLift again! I tell everyone I know not to buy a range with this technology & Until I get another stove I clean the oven with Easy Off for self cleaning ovens! Works like a charm just need to manually clean it! I love the stove but hate the Cleaning technology!

K
Jul 14, 2019 1:17 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I, also have the aqualift. It does not work at all. Not even a little bit Useless. I am looking for my options for filing a lawsuit now.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1042 complaints