Whirlpoolaqualift self cleaning

S

This is the worst self cleaning system I've ever used. I followed the instructions and do not let the oven get dirty. I used the oven to bake over Thanksgiving and there was spillage. I ran the Aqualift procedure 4 times with no results. I then was told by a rep on a chat line at Maytag to use Affresh. This isn't working either, so now I have a very stained oven.

To make things worse, I bought new Whirlpool appliances for our condo with the same cleaning system. What a mistake.

Do you have any other suggestions to getting my oven clean? This is ridiculous.

• Whirlpool's response · Dec 03, 2018

Dear Sheila Alverson,
    We’re sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your Aqualift® Cleaning Cycle. The Aqualift® technology is an alternative for customers that don't want to be concerned with chemicals or smell. It's designed to lift stains from the Oven and the customer can wipe them away. The steam created while using this cycle is meant to help release backed on foods, but some elbow grease may still be required. For especially stubborn areas, you want to saturate the area with a Dawn Dish Soap and water solution and let it sit for up to 30 minutes. This should help get the grease adhered to the cooking surface off.
    Whirlpool Social Care

• De
    Debbie Sangwin-Hobbs Jan 12, 2021

I agree, I just used the Aqua Lift system for first time and can't believe how awful it is. Why bother with a self cleaning system like this. I use to use the high temp burn off system. All i had to do was wipe white dust off the bottom of oven. I use to get clean sides and door but now is a mess.
    Should get a huge rebate for having to go back to scrubbing the oven.
    Terrible with all the new technology out there and for KitchenAid to have this .

• Cp
    CPuckett Jan 10, 2021

I bought a new Kitchen Aid gas range with the AquaLift technology and I agree it is a complete joke. Does not work at all! I swear the oven does not even get warm enough to create steam to clean the oven. What I don’t understand is why ythe owner’s manual says not to use oven cleaner? Why would that hurt the oven?

• Ti
    Tina51 Nov 30, 2020

Same problem with AquaLift, does not work at all. I used the oven to roast a turkey on Thanksgiving and am now on my 6th run through with Aqua Lift to clean it. the Walls and Bottom are stained and not lifting at all. Any suggestions would be helpful. Very disappointed with this cleaning system.

[email protected] Sep 27, 2020

Aqualift does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Our Whirlpool dishwasher is so pitiful, we wash all dishes by hand. We've paid someone to look at the dishwasher to make sure nothing was wrong. It just socks. Spirs a little bit of water on dishes periodically. Dishes are nasty after every wash cycle unless you clean them prior to washing. I want a dishwasher from the 70s. The hell with conserving a gallon of water.
    I will never so much as contemplate the purchase of another Whirlpool product.

Chuck Newton Aug 25, 2020

We do not like our Whirlpool Gold Series Aqua Lift and want a refund

• Be
    BernadineC Jun 29, 2020

This cleaning method is a scam!!! I bought a whirlpool stove 3 years ago with this stupid technology, tried to return it to Sears they said I was over the 30 day return policy by 3 days!!! In 2019 we sold our home and the house we bought had a kitchen aid range and guess what.??? AquaLift again!!! I tell everyone I know not to buy a range with this technology & Until I get another stove I clean the oven with Easy Off for self cleaning ovens!! Works like a charm just need to manually clean it!!! I love the stove but hate the Cleaning technology!!!

• Ki
    Kingbs01 Jul 14, 2019

I, also have the aqualift. It does not work at all. Not even a little bit Useless. I am looking for my options for filing a lawsuit now.