Whirlpoolaqualift self cleaning

S Nov 26, 2018 Review updated:

This is the worst self cleaning system I've ever used. I followed the instructions and do not let the oven get dirty. I used the oven to bake over Thanksgiving and there was spillage. I ran the Aqualift procedure 4 times with no results. I then was told by a rep on a chat line at Maytag to use Affresh. This isn't working either, so now I have a very stained oven.

To make things worse, I bought new Whirlpool appliances for our condo with the same cleaning system. What a mistake.

Do you have any other suggestions to getting my oven clean? This is ridiculous.

• Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response · Dec 03, 2018

Dear Sheila Alverson,
    We’re sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your Aqualift® Cleaning Cycle. The Aqualift® technology is an alternative for customers that don't want to be concerned with chemicals or smell. It's designed to lift stains from the Oven and the customer can wipe them away. The steam created while using this cycle is meant to help release backed on foods, but some elbow grease may still be required. For especially stubborn areas, you want to saturate the area with a Dawn Dish Soap and water solution and let it sit for up to 30 minutes. This should help get the grease adhered to the cooking surface off.
    Whirlpool Social Care

• K
      Jul 14, 2019

I, also have the aqualift. It does not work at all. Not even a little bit Useless. I am looking for my options for filing a lawsuit now.