Whirlpool / Maytag / neptune mah7500

1 Port Hope, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Purchased a Maytag front load washer from SEARS in July 2005. There was always mold forming in it and a swampy stench, but thirty six months later the computer board went due to the moisture. Sears informed me that the part would be $500.00 plus whatever other parts and labour.
I refused this and started to look on the net for the computer board and found out that this is a KNOWN PROBLEM with this make and model number and also found out that this model was included in the Class Action Lawsuit against Maytag. SO WHY WAS THIS MAYTAG WASHER ON SEARS SHOWROOM FLOOR FOR SALE IN THE FIRST PLACE??? When I called Sears they informed me they were unaware of this problem and said that it wasn't on any recall list and they weren't going to do anything and I should bring this up with Maytag(Whirlpool) which I did and was passed back and forth for a month until I brought the Toronto Star news paper on board and they did an artical on me and my moldy machine. It was at this point that Whirlpool came in with an offer of $500.00 for my machine; they said that due to the fact that I've had 3 years enjoyment of the machine they feel that this was a fair offer. I told them" NO" because I purchased a matching set and had not intended to have a mismatch and a fair offer would have been to give me a full refund. They told me to get in touch with them if I change my mind. I will not! As I was put through HELL, just trying to get someone to listen to me at both SEARS and MAYTAG was very difficult and found that they both use the same wording when talking about this product.
I am so MAD right now.
I'm an artist and have decided to use the moldy washer in an art installation. I'm leaving the stench and mold and will have infant clothing crawling out of the washers ### which will be seeping black ooz, beside the washer there will be an 8 foot DOUCHE to depicted the customer service exectutive team at SEARS and WHIRLPOOL. ( there will be a sign to inform people and tell the story) The sculpture will also be interactive for patrons to place their complaints in and I will use them in the sculpture by hanging them in the air and placeing them around the floor. I think art can have a huge voice when used properly. My sculpture is going to shout!
I think it's the fact that both SEARS and WHIRLPOOL deny accountability and deny that there was ever anything wrong with this product, this is what really makes me mad.
I have received thousands of letters regarding this product and will use them in my installation...
I have already finished the maqette and have galleries interested in displaying my sculpture, they really like the idea.
Please send me your stories or complaints and I will put them in the sculpture...
Bye for now
Cyd

Cy

Comments

• Cy
      2nd of Dec, 2008

Sears and Maytag(whirlpool) still deny account ability and have been to this dance many times before. Both partys are well rehearsed and have all their customer service attendants repeat the same lines. Sears does not stand behind their product and do not care about quality or true customer service anymore. Maytag knew that the MAH7500 had many problems but they continued to sell them to stores even after the class action lawsuit. It wasn't a matter of if the washer broke down it was a matter of when; all the executives knew this and continued to keep this product on the market so they the executives could get their bonus while unsuspecting customers are left to fix the washer at their own expense or buy another washing machine. The executives just don't care about the human factor as long as the bonus keeps coming...
    When I informed Whirlpool(MAYTAG) about all the other customers with complaints regarding the same product, the executive handeling my case informed me that "they do not put much weight on disgruntled people on the net".
    I have since continued with my art project and have put the anis in the washer and have almost completed the 8 foot douche to stand beside the washer. The douche is the exectutive team at SEARS and MAYTAG; there is an engraving explaining the whole story.
    The digital screen is being programed by some IS people to reflect sayings like: DON'T CALL THE MAYTAG REPAIR MAN HE DOESNT GIVE A ###!...and my favorite is : SEARS 1(800) PISS OFFF.
    Art has a huge voice and following and my sculpture is going to scream " SEARS AND MAYTAG SOLD ME A PEICE OF ### " and they both knew it.

Watch for my art opening
    Cyd

• Ka
      9th of Dec, 2009

I had the Neptune stacking unit and it was never disclosed to me about the lawsuit. When my washer quit functioning, I had a service agreement, but after 7 service calls tryting different parts and over 3 months with no washer, Sears decided they could not fix it. I was told to buy a new washer. Since m ine was a unseperable stacking unit, I had to buy both a washer & dryer. The new set was delivered by Sears and the washer failed in 24 hours. Sears would not bring me a new unit and insisted I go through the (horribly incompetent) service department again. I told them to pick the units up. Then after calling every manager I could find and writing everyone I could with Sears, I decided not to pay my Sears account where I was charged for the service agreement & remaining balance on defective washer/dryer. Now Citibank is harassing me about the balance and telling me that they DON'T CARE what Sears did or didn't do...that I OWED them because they bought the Sears accounts. All I can say is this world has gone to hell and actually NOBODY gives a ### about doing "the right thing" any more. I'm not sure many people even recognize what the right thing is. Sad. I will probably now be sued and my credit ruined and I still refuse to pay for that which I did not receive. Maytag should have pulled these units and Sears should have disclosed the problems...I would have never bought the unit if anyone had been truthful about it in the 1st place. I now have a new washer and dryer from another company and have had no problems whatsoever.