Whirlpool / whirpool products - avoid like the plague

I have 2 whirpool air conditioners and 1 refrigerator. My experience with the company's products and esp their service has been so bad that I would never purchase any Whirlpool product again. The products started developing faults in the first year of purchase itself and have not stopped since!

The customer service staff could not care less. It takes at least 10 different calls before the fault gets repaired - after a string of broken commitments and follow ups. The product quality is pathetic and so is their after sales service.

A  21st of Apr, 2008 by
Customer service for Whirpool India is abysmal.

April 8
I registered a complaint with them about my refrigerator
April 10
After reminding them 2 times, a service technician called me and said he will be visiting my place sometime in the next 2 hours. I waited at my home for this guy and he didn't turn up. I called their service center and they said their service engineer is scheduled to visit me the next day.
April 11
A guy turns up. He went to the refrigerator looked around and said the the problem was that gas had to be re-filled. It will cost me around 800 rupees. I showed him my warranty cards and the details. The warranty card says 72 month warranty from 2005 Jan 14. But he says, Whirlpool does not give any form of warranty over 3 years and my warranty is not valid. But he will send someone to re-fill the gas the next day, if I just paid the transportation costs of Rs 200/=. He said, he will check the status of my warranty and re-filling gas is not covered by the warranty anyway.
April 12
Another guy turns up. Opens up some compartments in the back of the refrigerator and asks me who told me I needed gas to be re-filled. I didn't know the guys name. So he calls up his service center and gets the previous guys name. Tells me the gas is full. There is a sensor that needs replaced. He will come back the next day with the part.
April 15
Still no one turns up. I call back the service. They check their records and tells me that my refrigerator needs to be taken to the workshop. They ask me if the refrigerator still at my home. So they will have someone come soon to pickup my refrigerator.
April 16
No one still turns up. I call them up. They apologize profusely, and tell me they will chekc the status and give me a call back an update in 2 hours.
April 17
Still no service pickups, no call back from service. I call them back. They say they will check with their center and someone will come within the next 24 hours.
April 18
Still no updates. I call them back. They give me the same line. We will escalate it to our superiors. Someone will cme in the next 24 hours. I ask to talk to their supervisor. They are a BPO doing services for Whirpool Service. They are not allowed to let me talk to anyone else.
April 21
Still no updates. I call them up. I ask them for an address where I can send a written complaint. They are not allowed to give any other information other than what they see in their screen.

I can't talk to their supervisor, I can't send an e-mail, I can't even send a physical mail.
A  10th of May, 2008 by
Yes, it is absolutely right...whirlpool is pathetic...my fridge is out of order for last 2 months...no respite ..no solution...must ve wasted around 1000 bucks calling helpline alone

Whirlpool Corporation Logo Whirlpool Corporation