Wendy's / they stole my credit card!

Wendy's Restaurant in the Bronx located on Boston Post road two blocks away from 222nd street. I was a customer at this restaurant on Monday May 7th 2007 at their drive thru window. I had only a $50 bill when I noticed a sign that says they don’t accept any bills larger than a $20. I asked the cashier if I would be able to use my debit card, she said yes and I gave it to her.

My card was never handed back to me, I did not realize this until two days later when I wanted to buy gas for my car, went to my wallet there was nothing. Completely emptied my bag to check if it was there but I had no luck. I began to retrace my thoughts and there it came to me "Wendys." I did not go to wendys right then it was only 7 in the morning and I had to drop my daughter at school then head off to work myself. At around 11:45am on Wednesday May 9th while at my desk at work I decided to check my bank account at chase to make sure everything was ok. To my surprise it wasn’t, I had a negative balance of $730.26 approximately $354.73 over the amount I had in my account. I decided to look at the list of my transactions to my surprise someone went on a mini shopping spree with my debit card, buying things from a metro card, to timberland boots. By this time it was around 12 mid day which happens to be my lunch hour. I went to chase with whom I had the account spoke to a manager their and was told what to do to ensure my money will be returned to me. I did as I was told.

Later on that evening I decided to go over to Wendys. I ask to speak to the manager on duty, first a lady came out which was a bit sympathetic but later said at the time I made the purchase she was not present. Another manager came out who knew all about what had happen. He told me the cashier girl gave him my card, this is when I thought he was a little crazy, he said the card was already picked up by a man claiming to be the cousin of the person that’s me, who left my card. This is when I said to him how could you give a card to someone without asking for a picture ID to make sure the names match he started getting nervous and saying more things that really did not make much sense to me. Now I need to know what further actions I should take as I know this is an easy case to solve as these store are equipped with cameras all over.

Cl

Comments

As
  13th of Sep, 2008

su them (in all seriousness). i believe that would b a legal lawsuit

Je
  20th of Mar, 2009

Did you give them your debit or your credit card? Your title contradicts your statements...