Verizon Fios / construction damage!

During installation of the underground fios cable my sewer line was damaged. I called out a plumber after repeated problems with my sewer backing up. The plumber found the damaged line caused by the fios cable. The plumber did half of the repair and Verizon had their sub contractor finish the rest. Verizon said they would take care of the plumbing bill. I am now being sued because Verizon did not take care of it. Verizon said that the sub contractor is responsible for payment. The subcontractor said the plumbing company is charging too much so he won't pay. Verizon says it is not their problem? How can that be?

Comments

• Ke
      29th of Dec, 2008

I totally understand your pain. I live in Lakeland in a subdivision where Verizon had subcontracted a company to install the underground fios cable and they too ran the fios line straight into my main sewer line causing a sewage backup that flooded my home and my next door neighbor's home. We are currently fighting with our insurance company, Verizon, the subcontractor ( TCS Communications), and the city of Lakeland for damages to our home to be fixed. We have incurred almost $30, 000 worth of damages caused by the sewage flood and are currently living in our home with the floors copmpletely taken out leaving only the concrete foundation and half of our drywalls are gone, the bathroom cabinets have been taken out leaving only the sinks. This has been this way for over a month.Talk about passing the buck! Verizon claims its not their fault, the subcontractor says it was our responsibility to mark our sewage lines. What were we supposed to do mark the line with a friggin flamingo! No one is taken responsibility and the worst part is I have a BRIGHTHOUSE home. I have been a customer of Brighthouse for ten years and never thought about switching services.