USAA / terrible service!

My father has USAA for auto insurance. He's been with them for years. They specifically state on their website that USAA is for military and children of current policy holders. Since my dad has a policy and I am his child, I am therefore eligible. I did an on-line quote then I called USAA and spoke with a woman. I asked her if I could fax her my current policy with Amica and could she compare what USAA was offering me versus my current policy. The woman said that was fine and she looked over my policies after I faxed them to her. Then she called me back and said USAA was offering more for less. I signed up with her and USAA charged my credit card for 6 months. The whole time I told them who my dad was (over the phone and on their on-line quote). Well, after I paid and dropped my current auto insurance carrier, USAA said I was not eligible and I had 60 days to get insurance with another carrier. They said my dad was not an officer and they had to write him a policy for some unknown reason and therefore I was not eligible. However, their eligibility says child of an existing policy holder with no other exclusions written. They admitted they made a mistake writing me a policy but refuse to let me keep my existing policy I just opened with them. I tried to go back to my former carrier and now they are quoting me $17 more per month. After talking to my old company, they said what USAA did was illegal. They also advised me to ask Amica to act like the policy had never been closed. Amica also said this was illegal and not possible.

Comments

• Co
      14th of Jul, 2008

USAA is terrible at paying medical bills on in a timely fashion. I will switch car insurance at the end of year. THey are HORRIBLE. The medical bill providers are threatening to send me to a collections agency since USAA is not paying the bills in a timely fasion. The bill is only $400. USAA says that the medical provider did not submit the codes so they cannot submit payment. So I get penalized!!! This is crazy. I had to fight for every bill to get paid. Is this a normal practice I ask?

• Ru
      24th of May, 2009

To whom it may concern i was in a car accidents last years
    6/14/08. I was hit from the rear. and strain my neck and lower lumbar.

and the insurance injury claim centtral, offer me $500.00 dollars.

I think my life is worth more than $500.00 dollars.

Roland, okla