USAA / terrible service!
My father has USAA for auto insurance. He's been with them for years. They specifically state on their website that USAA is for military and children of current policy holders. Since my dad has a policy and I am his child, I am therefore eligible. I did an on-line quote then I called USAA and spoke with a woman. I asked her if I could fax her my current policy with Amica and could she compare what USAA was offering me versus my current policy. The woman said that was fine and she looked over my policies after I faxed them to her. Then she called me back and said USAA was offering more for less. I signed up with her and USAA charged my credit card for 6 months. The whole time I told them who my dad was (over the phone and on their on-line quote). Well, after I paid and dropped my current auto insurance carrier, USAA said I was not eligible and I had 60 days to get insurance with another carrier. They said my dad was not an officer and they had to write him a policy for some unknown reason and therefore I was not eligible. However, their eligibility says child of an existing policy holder with no other exclusions written. They admitted they made a mistake writing me a policy but refuse to let me keep my existing policy I just opened with them. I tried to go back to my former carrier and now they are quoting me $17 more per month. After talking to my old company, they said what USAA did was illegal. They also advised me to ask Amica to act like the policy had never been closed. Amica also said this was illegal and not possible.
More USAA Complaints & Reviews
- USAA - horrible mortgage servicing 
- USAA - cam and cheating! 
- USAA - cam and rip off! 
- USAA Federal Savings Bank - usaa's unfair business practices! 
- USAA Home Owners Insurance - bad faith 
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - usaa military affiliate visa & master credit cards
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - claims, customer service, electronic deposits, all equals time wasted
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - "secured" credit card cancellation
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - car loan
- United Services Automobile Association [USAA] - mortgage