Us Installation Group And Home Depotfloor

I am hoping that this warning will help you decide not to have Home Depot Install any flooring in your home. You will have much better luck with a small business who needs to have happy customers. I had a Pergo floor installed in my finished basement. They measured and said it was not a problem.

Here is the first issue. The people who measure and advise you are not the people who install. They have no idea what they are talking about.

After the product came in, we had it installed. The men who installed it drove from 3 hours away from my home to install it and stayed to 8PM at night. They wanted to get it done as quickly as possible. There are gaps in the floor boards, unfinished edges, and to this day the quarter round will not stay down.

They had the manager come inspect it who said he would have one set of new boards ordered to fix it. Even after follow-up multiple times from me, they never ordered it. When I finally got them to (3 months later), it was damaged and not enough.

Then they did not send the right men to fix it. They did this three times. I am not joking. They sent one man each time and kept canceling day after day. Home Depot Customer Care was unhelpful.

To make a long story short, I documented everything. After 6 months, I got a thousand dollars back in exchange for a poorly installed floor.

There are so many things that they did wrong, it would take an essay to explain them all. Buyer beware!

Comments

• Ir
      Jul 03, 2013

Absolutely agree with comment! I have a very similar long story of floor installation in my house. Avoid Home Depot installation service if you can!!!

• Ir
      Jul 03, 2013

Had the same long and sad story about floor installation in my house. The service is poor. Avoid it if you can!

• Ro
      Sep 08, 2013

I agree that Home Depot is a bad choice for wood floor installation. I am still waiting for a part of the installation to be completed. I wish I had seen this warning earlier.

• Us
      Feb 13, 2015

USIG is completely incompetent, useless, unprofessional and has a very high turnover. The guy that did my tile was fired the day after he finished and the manager that handled my complaint and repairs also left the company within the same week. Home Depot should be ashamed to work with this company.

• Ro
      May 12, 2015

Hired Home Depot to install tile in my foyer. Guy came and measured in about 2 minutes he was out the door. They gave me a price ... So a month later when they came to install it they said they couldn't install it because the needed wonderboarding and that it was not on the order. After 3 hours of phone tag I was told it would be an additional 700 dollars for the wonderboard and installation. We are taking about a 55 square ft fourr. In despair I agreed. Two weeks later another guy shows up and says he doesn't do tearouts. Another round of phone calls and back to square one. So he does the tearout in about 30 minutes and he leaves . Two weeks and countless hours on the phone later a third guy who speaks no English sjows up to install carpet he isn't a tile guy I am able to get that much out of the conversation. Finally I cancelled and after several more phone calls was refunded my money. Total disgrace of a company. DON KOT USE THEM

• Ar
      Apr 12, 2019

And it isn't getting any better, do not buy flooring from home depot, as for US Installations, another joke, 2 worst places ever. Don't waste your time or money