US Bank / unauthorized charges

United States Review updated:

We had a checking account through US Bank. They had deposited 80 dollars of somebody else's money into our account without us knowing. We called the number on the back of our card to check our balance one day and we had X amount of money in there, so we went shopping. We didn't spend all of it, but the next day I get online to check our balance again and it shows that we are over drawn.

They had realized their mistake and took the 80 dollars out which put us 26 dollars in the hole. They then proceeded to charge us over draft fees left and right! I called and called and they kept saying how it was our fault for not keeping a register! I then told them that they offer an automated register, the one I had called to check the balance... They refuse to stand behind there offered services and to work with us.

I told them we would pay for what we spent but not for all those overdraft fees. Still to this day, no one will help us.
Va

Comments

Jo
  7th of Sep, 2007

US Bank - Unauthorised charges!

US Bank is a conglomerate of thieves!!! 7 years ago, they printed out checks to some one else with my account number on the checks. The only way I found out was that the people bounced a hot check at my place of business, with my name on it!!! Come to find out, they had over-drafted my checking account by almost $3000. I finally got this issue straightened out through the court system, but US Bank charged me with a $500 over-draft protection fee!!! I will not pay this fee and I am still receiving harassing phone calls from collection agencies over this. It has put a permanent black spot on my otherwise good credit rating, and after trying to resolve this issue in numerous ways, it is still a problem after 7 years.
Ka
  27th of Jun, 2008
Money was taken out my account with out authorization and if it is not put back I'm contacting a lawyer and filing fraud charges! Beware people!

US Bank / US Bancorp Logo US Bank / US Bancorp