United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank Logo

United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank

Having problems with United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank?

United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank Customer Service Contacts

1800 222 2121 (Singapore)
+65 62 222 121 (Singapore)
+1 212 382 0088 (United States)
+1 604 662 7055 (Vancouver)
+1 416 644 1208 (Toronto)
+1 587 702 5800 (Calgary)
+61 396 424 808 (Melbourne)
+61 732 291 188 (Brisbane)
+44 207 448 5800 (United Kingdom)
+673 222 5477 (Brunei)
+852 25 211 521 (Hong Kong)
+62 212 993 7317 (Indonesia)
+60 87 424 388 (Malaysia)
+95 125 5708 (Myanmar)
+63 25 486 400 (Philippines)
+82 27 393 916 (South Korea)
+66 23 433 000 (Thailand)
80 Raffles Place, UOB Plaza

United States of America
UOB Building, 592 Fifth Avenue, 10th Floor, 48th Street, New York, NY 10036

Canada

Vancouver
Suite 2400, 650 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6B 4N9
Fax: +1 604 662 3356

50 Cannon Street, London EC4N 6JJ

China
Unit 105, 2F, 3F, 111 Dongyuan Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai 200120

Brunei
Units 10 and 11, Bangunan D’Amin Jaya, Lot 54989, Kampong Kiarong, Bandar Seri Begawan BE1318
Fax: +673 224 0792

Hong Kong
23rd Floor, 3 Garden Road, Central, Hong Kong

India
Units 31, 32 and 37, 3rd Floor, ‘C’ Wing Bandra – Kurla Complex,  3 North Avenue, Maker Maxity, Bandra (East), Mumbai 400 051

Indonesia
38th Floor, UOB Plaza, Jalan M.H. Thamrin № 10, Jakarta Pusat 10230
62)(21) 2993 7318

Japan
13F Sanno Park Tower, 2-11-1 Nagatacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6113, Japan

Malaysia
Level 6A, Main Office Tower, Financial Park Labuan Complex, Jalan Merdeka, 87000 Labuan F.T., Malaysia

Myanmar
Unit № 01-L-1, Park Royal Hotel, Yaw Min Gyi Street, Dagon Township, Yangon, Myanmar
Fax: +95 125 3318

Philippines
17th Floor, Pacific Star Building, Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue corner, Makati Avenue, 1200 Makati City

South Korea
3(A)F, Seoul Finance Center, 136, Sejong-daero, Jung-gu, Seoul 100-768

Taiwan
30F, Cathay Landmark, № .68, Sec. 5, Zhongxiao East Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City 110, Taiwan
Fax: +886 227 222 322

Thailand
191 South Sathon Road, Sathon, Bangkok 10120
Fax: +66 22 872 973

Vietnam
1st Floor, Central Plaza Office Building, 17 Le Duan Boulevard, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank Customer Service. Initial United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

United Overseas Bank / UOB Bankwithholding my funds, refuse to return my 700 SGD taking advantage of current travel restrictions

my account has been suddenly closed down without me having the chance to withdraw my funds.

Currently they are still withholding 700 SGD of mine and told me I need to visit the branch to get it back,
this is clearly impossible for me, being based in Europe and restricted to visit Singapore due to Covid.

I have requested the reason several times over their non-sense demand but they refuse to give any explanations as well as tend to stay mute while keeping my money.

Unbelievable!

• Fu
      funny alps Oct 11, 2020

Before closing your account, the bank would have mailed a notice to your registered address to inform that your account would be closed. Typically the bank closes account with no explanation if the account is suspected of money-laundering.

andrea2110 Oct 14, 2020

@funny alps the notice arrived too late due to the covid restrictions, regarding the suspects of money laudering, in my case it takes a lot of fiction and imagination to come to that idea

United Overseas Bank / UOB BankUnprofessional behaviour

On 27 Aug 2020, I received a phone call from the branch at ang mo kio regarding status of my corporate bank account opening status. First of all, he addressed me as RANBERRY PTE LTD (which was the company name in question). Its was absolutely ridiculous to address a human being in that way. Secondly, upon receiving his confirmation that the application was being rejected, he refused to provide any reasons whatsoever. In the first place, his assistant could have requested more information from me during my first physical appointment on 21 Aug 2020. Instead, the assistant displayed absolutely zero knowledge and experience on the matter, making several runabouts to inquire from her superior.
    Finally, it seems to me that it was a racial discrimination issue on the color of my shareholder's skin (being a black) that the bank refused to disclose reason for rejecting the account opening.

• Fu
        funny alps Oct 11, 2020

You shareholder's name most likely have failed AML name search. Perhaps you need to dig deeper into your shareholder's background.

Aug 19, 2020

United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank — Investment password reset

2/8/20 10.36pm uob Mighty and personal internet banking locked me out even with my correct ID and password...

United Overseas Bank / UOB BankCashplus account [protected]

I am so disappointed on your service! I have requested to close my Cashplus account since MAY but until now the account is still active. I really don't understand why is it so difficult for uob to simply close an account. In addition you don't have a record that i have called more than 10 times just to chase on closing my account. I also requested few times for call back to get an explanation on why must took 2 months to close, but no one did a call back! Your service is extremely terrible!

Jul 10, 2020

United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank — Bitcoin forex scam

https://medium.com/@pralux/asanka-sampath-sonnadara-scamster-6e341f7e2ff7 Hello, I am a permanent resident...

United Overseas Bank / UOB BankHousing loan

I would like to reprising my mortgage loan, but non of the uob staff willing to help.

I called in multiple time since 9th june, no one keen to return my called.

Someone ask me to do it online, yet the stupid online system unable to proceed.
        It's too complicated and failed to download the necessary documents and submit the application.

I keep calling the bank, the helpdesk say will escalate to the mortgage team to get back to you. But wait for 2 weeks still no reply.

My contact: +65 [protected]
        Name: mr. Chong

Jun 19, 2020

United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank — Unreasonable treatment from your trading department

Hello, I am an account holder in your bank. Although this request has nothing to do with you or your...

Apr 22, 2020

United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank — Bad customer service & manager who gave inaccurate information.

Dear HOD of UOB for DCP Loan dept; I would like to be contacted to provide feedback on a Bad Customer...

Feb 29, 2020

United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank — Financial Misconduct

Hi, to whom it might concern, I would like to report a potential financial misconduct by one of UOB...

United Overseas Bank / UOB BankNo Statements available for Savings accounts

I have been a customer of UOB for about 20 years or more. I am now trying to get a statement of my savings account. I need to show 4 months statement for a Canadian study visa. I am shocked and disappointed that a bank such as UOB has no facility for me to get any statement of my account. There is no estatement option on a savings account. There are no statements sent to me for my accounts. The only way to get a statement is to personally go in and request a statement every time. I am now living in Malaysia and have no option to go to the bank. I have never heard of a bank that does not provide statements every month as normal protocol. I should not have to make a special request.

As soon as I return to Thailand I will close all of my accounts. Many people I know have moved to other banks such as CIMB or K banking as they are people friendly.

United Overseas BankWrong usage of my Bank account Money

Respected Sir, My UOB Account Number UNiPLus [protected] some body is using my account taking the money out.
            Please immediately stop using of this account to avoid further damages.
            Lot of money has been consumed by somebody. Kindly investigate the wrong user and requested to make Police action Please.

Presently i am in India My contact number is +[protected]
            E Mail: [protected]@yahoo.co.in [protected]@gmail.com

With regards,
            V. SANTHANAM.

United Overseas Bank / UOB Bankcash plus uob

This is ridiculous! I tried to call your hotline few times when statement came and hard to talk directly instead talking to the robot mail!! Everyone is this world is busy including myself! I receive statement due for $0.50 and your charge me additional $5?!!! Does your machine accept coin?! We pay extra you give us back the change ?! I stay away from your company come to us because of this we dont want to do more with UOB and I see again another $5 charges for just $0.50! So I pay $6 you give my change via POST?

cash plus uob

United Overseas Bank / UOB Bankextremely bad customer experiences & great disappointment with uob

Dear CS HOD of UOB

I would like to be contacted to provide feedback on the Extremely Bad Customer Experiences & Great Disappointment with UOB lately.

Being a long time & loyal customer of UOB for both my personal accounts & companies accounts. I would like to highlight the unhappiness I have with the Bank for the last time.

Things are getting from bad to worse especially from the KL Call Centre. Call back, promises to customers for follow up are not delivered. Very bad & damaging to UOB as 1 of the Major Banks in Singapore.

I can be contacted at [protected] 24 x 7. Looking forward to hearing from the Bank ASAP.

Yours Sincerely

JChua

United Overseas Bank / UOB Banksecure token / full access to my account online

For more than 2 years now, i have been trying to resolve this issue.

I had originally been given a secure token that gave me a security passcode to get full access to my on line UOB account

Over the past few years, the internal battery drained and i was getting a warning that the battery was low. At that time i had contacted UOB to get a new secure token and sign up for a passcode to be sent directly to my cell phone number.

I no longer live in Singapore and can not visit my local branch to do this face to face.

After dozens of calls, emails and following all the instructions given to me on several occasions to send several forms to UOB, This is still not resolved.

Now the battery on my Security Token is gone and i have no way to get full access to my account.

I have credit card bills to pay, from UOB, and it is ironic that the system UOB has in place provides me with no way to actually pay my credit card obligations to UOB since i can not get assess to my account.

Nov 21, 2019

United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank — Service

The bank is very inefficient, spent almost 4 hours to open 3 account. Most importantly, one of the staff...

Nov 14, 2019

United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank — UOB ONE card application

I am writing in to express my disappointment about the failed application of the UOB ONE Card. I received an...

Oct 29, 2019

United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank — attending the customer and proper mannerism

Hai good day, today on 29 of octber 2019 i went to one of a uob bank in pj old town to replace my debit...

United Overseas Bank / UOB Bankcomplaint service

Dear Sirs/Madam,

On 29th June 2019 11:45 am I had an appointment at UOB BEDOK BRANCH to change my existing saving account to UOB ONEaccount as informed by your banker (Ms. Dewi, mob:8106 0188) that it is required to upgrade my account (account number [protected]) due to the existing account was too old.

Everything was smoothly along with the Banker's explanation and signed all related documents for the application. I'm being told that I will be receiving a soft copy of all the documents I signed via email immediately after document submitted.
                    However, I did not receive any email thereafter. Nevertheless, I have to follow up again and again until recently I been told and confirmed that the documents that I signed which contain all my confidential details on 29 June have been misplaced and therefore I now been requested to re-do all over again.

I have entrusted UOB for more than 10 years for putting my savings in the bank but now I'm truly disappointed. Being a reputable bank should safeguard the client information and even if there is an incident of misplacement of client document the bank should inform the client immediately and settle the issue timely and not waiting for the client to follow up and inform the client. This is totally unacceptable. This is very disappointing and the ridiculous service I ever had with UOB.

I would kindly request you to look into this matter immediately as much as you have already make lost personal account details which are confidential and UOB poor service in response to their valued customers.

Sincerely,
                    Lan Mei Why

United Overseas Bank / UOB Bankcustomer service manager ms yau lee kon

I have been a Long time customer of your good bank. Call in to the customer service hotline on 4th Oct 2019 between 11.30pm - 11.50pm for assistance with regards to several queries on my credit card statement.

The officer who I spoke to is Ms Yau Lee Kon. She is not helpful and not clear in giving me information to my questions. All in all, I am really not pleased with her service. I have never experienced such an unpleasant customer Officer from any bank. My personal experience with UOB has always been good up till this point.

May I suggest the bank to consider re-training this particular staff or assign her a not customer related job otherwise it's definitely a lost of your bank's good reputation and branding.

United Overseas Bank / UOB Bankcomplain about 1. a uob promoter who did not give complete and accurate information 2. irresponsible uob customer service

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I would like to complain about

1. a UOB promoter who did not give complete and accurate information as well as

2. UOB customer service that I received.

I have applied a credit card (UOB Singtel card) at the roadshow which was held in May 2019 at Suntec-City Convention Centre.

The promoter persuaded me to apply the card by telling me that I will be getting a promotional gift of $50 Takashimaya voucher if I link the card to my Singtel Bill which I did link.

I didn't receive anything from UOB. I can't remember how many times I called to inquire regarding this voucher. The followings are the facts which I remembered (can refer to the tapes if necessary):

1) On 17 Sep, I called UOB hotline again regarding the voucher, the call center officer was unsure about the promotion and promised me she will asked the relevant department to call me back within 3 working days.

2) On 20 Sep, I called UOB hotline again to follow up, because no one from UOB called me to explain my query even though the previous officer promised to called me back in 3 working days. This time round, a different call center officer answered . She told me that she was not the one who promised in previous call but she said "I will make sure the relevant department to call you back." I was afraid that I would miss the call back if I am busy and not able to answer. So I also clarified with her that normally how many attempts were made to get in touch. She clarified that normally 3 attempts were made to a customer if they miss their call.

3) On 23 Sep, a guy from UOB called me and explained that I was not an eligible customer to receive $50 voucher(as I am not on the list of first 300 customers). My points is

· the promoter did not mention to me it is only for the first 300 customers which I found out during this call. If I was notified this condition I would not have applied for the card.

· So this guy offered me to cancel the card. He told me that one of his colleagues will call me to facilitate the process to cancel my card. I agreed .

4) On 24 Sep, I got a miss call- only one miss call, from UOB and received an SMS stating this " We have been trying to get in touch with you but our attempts were unsuccessful. If you need further assistance, please call us at [protected]. Thank you."

What is this !!! Our attempts were unsuccessful ??? how many attempts did you make, only one attempt but sent this kind of irresponsible SMS . Is this appropriate to send this kind of SMS to a customer after missing a call (just one call). Then what should the customer do ? She has to call the hotline again and the call center officer will told her that he or she will ask the relevant team to call her back ? How long do you want to take to settle this simple things ?

5) Yes. I indeed made a call back to hotline number and as usual needed to punched a 100 of numbers into the phone to get to talk to a live person. But the officer could not make head nor tail which I expected (I understand it was not his fault) . He needed to relook all the records again. Then I questioned him " sending this SMS was appropriate ?" His answer was " No" . I asked him " did you know who called me and sent this SMS to me? He answered "Yes" after checking record. Then he offered me whether I would like to ask this person to call me back. I told him "Yes", "I wanted her to call me back".

I waited until now. No one is calling me back to settle this matter. I hope an international bank like UOB will take good care of their customer needs and responsible for the irresponsible actions of its own staff.