Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Business & Finances US Bank charge for services and account number without any approval

US Bank  -  charge for services and account number without any approval

I
Author of the complaint
7:18 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I Banked with US Bank for last 10 years and in last 2 years I seen only decline in there customer service and in the way they do business. Bitterness to a side here are may last 3 issues.

1. Hotel that I stayed at, by mistake, charged me twice for their service. In order for me to receive my
money back I had to cancel payment which required some type of form that is not available in the local branch but it needs to be order over the phone. To this date (incident happened over 12 months ago) I did not receive this form. I placed over 6 phone calls (easily over 4 hours of my life). Every time I complained and asked for this form they told me they do not have any record of me requesting it. Sad part is that during one of these calls I requested 6 month of the statements along with this form. To reprint these statements I had to pay a fee. I received statements but form or record of me asking for one is none existent to this date.

2. Apparently some time in 2005 US Bank started charging $5.00 fee for “Canceled Check Return”. Since I do no use checks for last 2-3 years I called them up and asked about it. This fee is a charged to accounts that are using online bill pay and is processing fee for them to reprint them and send them along with statement.

3. Starting with July of 2006 checking account that I have changed and my minimum balance requirement changed from $100.00 to $400.00 and new fee for this is $7.00. Number one issue is self explanatory. Problem with issue 2 and 3 is that I did not ask for “Canceled Check Return” and did not accept change to my account.

The real question here is this even legal? Can bank enroll you for a service that has cost
associated with it without you approval? Can bank change account without signed approval?

US Bank implemented fee for just about everything, likely in near future, they will charge fee just to
talk to you about your money. All other Banks are sending used checks to there customers, with out any charge. All other banks have free checking accounts. All other banks have checking accounts that do not require any minimum balance.

Sincerely
Igor B.

More US Bank complaints & reviews

US Bank - closing of the checking account
US Bank - unlawful holding of funds ($3000)
US Bank - od fees/old balance
US Bank - wrong overdrafts and unknown accounts
US Bank - creative questional overdraft charges
US Bank - impolite customer reps/harassing calls
21 comments
Nov 09, 2019 6:42 pm

My Mobil banking app keeps giving me erroneous balances to which I keep thinking I have money in my account, and in the end I'm left with an overdrawn account, this has happened three times and I'm thinking this is a regular tactic by the bank to make customers get overdrawn fees in an excessive way, it is not only illegal but also dishonest.

Nov 04, 2019 3:32 am

I’m the pictures I posted it shows I have money in my account, and no pending transactions that will affect my balance in a major way, I continued to spend money on necessities and ended up overdrawn by 400+ on my account plus the overdraft fees for each transaction. Illegal!

P
Oct 22, 2019 1:26 pm

I contacted the ethics line on Saturday and was fired on wednesday. LET SET ME. They fire everyone over in 50 years old and 10 plus years with company. When they are ready to fire you they the just make up rules. They have horrible managers. They want super agents like the Nazis and the leader of the 3rd floor acts like hilter

L
Sep 28, 2019 8:12 am

I called today (Sunday, September 22 around 7pm) for online banking. Venissa was rude and unprofessional. She sounded like on meds. It is an extremely bad idea to have such a lazy bone work on this Sunday. I'm very frustrated.

F
Aug 21, 2019 11:07 pm

There is a property at 1115 Nunez st New Orleans, la that is owned by U.S. Bank National Association.I am a resident in the neighborhood and I have look over city records and I believe someone is trying to steal the property because there is no notice that they have brought the property.

Aug 04, 2019 1:18 pm

Hello!

We live next door to a house that has already been foreclosed on. There are still people living in it long after it was foreclosed. These people are making a mess to the surrounding areas, noisy, and is a nuisance all around. Why are these people still allowed to live there?

The address is 91-1015 Olepekupe St.; Ewa Beach, Hawaii 96706.

E
Jul 02, 2019 8:00 am

Worst bank ever here in AZ. Had fraud in my account was still charged fees they continued to let things going through. As a single mom this really put me in a bad place financially. Will never use them again.

Jul 02, 2019 8:43 pm

I went to the bank today and there was a banner on the outside and banners in the bank with the word "Pride" and rainbows on them. An obvious endorsement for LGBGT community. Since I have to pay for my checks now, is that what my money is going toward? Stick to banking instead of endorsing social platforms!

G
Jun 02, 2019 4:00 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Someone made a purchase with my account & i called Cus svc the representative was very unprofessional, just keep arguing with me instead of fixing the problem. I hung up & called back & talked to someone else she was very PROFESSIONAL, but the guySO RUDE! I've been banking with y'all for 5 yrs & get treated like that!

K
Oct 22, 2018 5:37 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On 8/1/2017, I over drew my checking account by $2.60, I made a deposit of $339.40 in the same business day, but was charged $72.00 in OD fees. I feel this is usery, and will file a complaint with the FED, if I am not given credit.

Oct 02, 2018 6:23 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fiserv kept freezing our biller list so couldn't pay our bills, we complained for weeks to Fiserv and us bank and they did nothing to help us.Us bank was totally worthless during this process which by the way is stiil ongoing. I don't believe we can stay us bank customers. I called corporate office, but they were useless.

L
Sep 19, 2018 2:31 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had a hellish ride with these fools. My first complaint was because a rep told me my -7.44 was not going to close my account and it did. I did a bbb complaint and they drag in all but that and bbb closes my complaint. I will not refer a dog to do business with them they are terrible and unprofessional

E
Sep 10, 2018 7:37 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yoselin ID 109082 her services have horrible I can hear she was eating and she not want to help me w my proble she Denied all what I said I have almost 15 yr us bank was not fear I din’t Received help after the atm have in erro. And I cancel a auto paid she I was laying us bank

R
Sep 01, 2018 6:44 am

On 12/23/2017 I contacted US Bank 1800 number in regards to my account being negative $500. When I spoke with a manager Scott Kalka at around 11:50am. He was the most rudest and disrespectful customer service manager I've ever spoke with. He yelled at me and did not solve my problem at all he told me to go to a branch to get help and hung up.

A
Sep 01, 2018 9:27 pm

I was calling regarding a report of late payment made on my credit report. I wanted to get some information on that and i was tossed from one department to the other with the utmost unprofessional and unpolite manner by the reps.

Aug 21, 2018 1:20 am

I feel I was discriminated against by the bank manager because he did not understand what I was trying to explain to him about open up a checking account and he unfairly kick me out of the bank

Aug 20, 2018 10:38 am

I asked for a debit card for my an account and it didn't work after it was activated. They said it was for a closed account when I asked about it, and said the money was in a new account. I had a new card sent and it didn't come. I had another one sent last week and I'm still waiting. It's been about a month since the account was opened

T
Aug 21, 2018 12:11 am

Banker took my deposit and stated it was $100 short. I went back to work checked all the deposit audits found no error on our end, I then called the bank made them count the drawer and they had it. They deposited into the account without calling or leaving a voicemail.

A
Aug 15, 2018 3:06 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They charge you all kinds of fees even when they very clearly say they are not going to. And I don't understand what the point of having a mobile site to check your account when its never ever accurate and they just really dont even care that its not accurate.

Apr 06, 2018 10:55 am

I called the blank manager and apologize for any misunderstanding we had and he still refused service to me and I feel it is being discriminated against me because of his personal conflict with me

M
Oct 07, 2008 7:30 pm

US Bank does have free checking, and any changes to fees or accounts is communicated in the monthly statements.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

688 complaints