United Parcel Service [UPS] / access point deliveries

I would like to know where I can file a formal complaint about UPS and their access point delivery. I am a shipper-I have shipped with UPS for over 25 years and now they have the option to decide who does and who does not get their packages delivered to them at the address that is on the label and for the service that they and I have paid for. I never signed any contract allowing my packages that I ship to be redirected to anyone unless I specifically consent. This is paramount to fraud and I am very, very upset. By UPS NOT delivering to the address on the label is causing many issues with PayPal's buyer and seller confirmed address protection and I want to file a complaint as calling customer service is equal to complaining to my dog.

Cr
Mar 17, 2017

Comments

6th of Apr, 2017

Last week was the first time I've ever had a package redirected to an "Access Point". When I arrived, I saw my package in the open near the main door. Someone could have easily walked in, and taken the package while no one was watching. There were three workers in the store who drilled me for information when I asked for my own package. One of them make crude jokes about my name. It was a very unpleasant experience. The feeling I had was that they seemed entitled to my $100 package. I'm the one who spent the money on its contents, not them!

Today, another one of my packages was delivered to this same Access Point. Why? I never agreed to these savages getting a hold of my package! I can't seem to eliminate Access Points from my UPS My Choice account.

I will say that UPS's customer service phone representative was outstanding, and redirected my package to be delivered at home.

There is a UPS Store at a shorter distance to my home than this Access Point. Why doesn't UPS use the UPS Store as an Access Point? It's the same thing, except the UPS Store's staff is professional. I've had packages redirected to this store in the past. Why not just use this store? Unless UPS is afraid of losing money from people who would rather have their packages go to the UPS Store, rather than these back-alley savages?

From now on, I'm going with FedEx when given the chance. If not, I'll go to stores and buy things in person.

• Sh
      17th of Jun, 2017

The first Access Point that I was directed was in some low rent, unsafe neighborhood in a nasty, hole in the wall store. The person did not understand anything I said and had difficulty fidning my package even after I provided an ID. After waiting 15 minutes, in his Indian or Pakastani accent, he said the package was not there. This is the third time. So I call UPS and I am told the package is there. I wait four days for the package to be tracked down. The UPS guy finds the package in the back of the store where boxes of food and cartons are mixed in. The box is beat up and clearly had been opened and resealed. I am guessing the guy at the store gave my package to someone else and they brought it back to him. To say the least the guy has been rude each time I have been there.
    So I went on line again and directed that my package is only delivered to UPS Store. Guess what the next package goes to another hole in the all store in a low rent neighborhood owned by a foreigner I cannot understand. I call UPS and the representative comes up with some lie stating that the UPS Store owner said he could not take anymore packages. Dumb liar. I was at the UPS Store calling at the same time. Never happened. Don't bother asking for a supervisor at UPS, you will get someone whom you also cant understand due to the Indian/Pakastani accent.
    I feel like a foreigner in my own Country.

• Fr
      23rd of Dec, 2017

I have been trying to retrieve my package from a UPS access point for two days. Yesterday the guy closed his "wireless solutions" store for 40 min and told me to call him back. Today the open time was manually changed on their door sign to 10 am, i have been waiting outside for 20 min and no one had opened the place yet. This package is extremely important and needs to get to someone right away. This is a joke.

• Ha
      22nd of Sep, 2018

UPS Access point system is sucks. I wasted my money and time. They don't delivery on time.
    In addition, they collect money...that's horrible experience with UPS Access Point.