Uhaul / gas gouge to diagram is backwards!
I recently rented a truck for a one way 160 mile move. You're given a copy of the contract and on it is this little diagram of the gas gouge. You're then told to be sure it matches what's in the truck and explained their refueling fees if you return it less than they gave it to you.
BEWARE - THE DIAGRAM IS BACKWARDS.
The gauge matched the contract diagram but after 58 miles I was on E and looking for a gas station. I coudln't believe it. They said it was more than 3/4 full and I checked it to the diagram. Both lines were in the same place.
Well, upon closer looks I found the reason. The E and F on the diagram are opposite from the truck... or any car. While the lines were in the same place on the diagram to the truck, the Es and Fs were not. I was given a truck with less than a 1/4 of a tank, just the opposite than what I was told and what I had signed in agreement.
It is misleading and it may cause people to fill up more than they should or be charged refueling fees.
More Uhaul Complaints & Reviews
- Uhaul - refuel policy unfair to the consumer 
- U-Haul - traffic ticket fee 
- Uhaul - scam charges 
- Movinghelp.com Partnered With U-haul - flawed review system do not trust it! 
- Uhaul - truck rental 
- Uhaul - truck rental
- U-Haul International - horrible customer service/ failed to deliver as promised/ saw mill location yonkers ny
- U-Haul International - excessive charges and late fees for a broken truck
- U-Haul International - overcharged
- U-Haul International - tried to have trailer hitch installed