U-Haul / overcharge
I made reservations at a U-Haul 'dealership'(Canton Water Systems) in Canton, Ohio for a 10' Truck and Car hauler one-way to Cumberland, Indiana. A distance of a little over 300 miles. The issue is; the contract stated the Mileage out was 4033.9. Unfortunately, I did not confirm this when I got into the truck nor was I reminded to confirm this by the 'staff.' I had numerous other things on my mind, being in a strange town, hauling a car for the first time and across state lines, wondering if their 2 straps are going to hold, etc, etc.
So when I returned the truck and trailer the next am, (the U-Haul on Shadeland ave., in Indianapolis) they stated I had driven over 688 miles. Now they are wanting me to pay an additional $150 plus dollars.
My contract was placed on hold, since this was a Sunday, the manager would have to review it the following day and then call me. Today is Wed, I have not received any calls, however I did receive an attached contract in my email today, I'm not sure who it is from since there is no name, no greeting, no salutation, just "Your U-Haul contract is attached"
I suppose it's my own fault for not double checking, but they don't make any attempt to believe the customers side of the story. There is the possibility they wrote the wrong number down. I left a message at the local U-Haul for the General Manager...still waiting for that phone call...waiting...waiting...
More U-Haul Complaints & Reviews
- Uhaul - refuel policy unfair to the consumer 
- U-Haul - traffic ticket fee 
- Uhaul - scam charges 
- Movinghelp.com Partnered With U-haul - flawed review system do not trust it! 
- Uhaul - truck rental 
- U-Haul International - picking up a reserved truck
- U-Haul International - u-box
- Uhaul - truck rental
- U-Haul International - horrible customer service/ failed to deliver as promised/ saw mill location yonkers ny
- U-Haul International - excessive charges and late fees for a broken truck