Uhaul — refuel policy unfair to the consumer
The re-fuel policy at UHAUL is a scam. They provided me with a van that didn’t have a full tank of fuel. They did however provide with a graph of the fuel gauge and I was supposed to return it with the same exact amount as I received it. Have you ever tried to refill a fuel tank to an exact mark other than full? Well the fuel gauge needle does not respond quickly and you have to keep walking back and forth from the fuel tank to the fuel gauge and you invariably end up over filling. If you don’t and under fill guess what UHAUL will charge you a $30 surcharge plus $2 plug the price per gallon to refill the tank. But wait they probably reimburse you if you over fill it right? Absolutely not and it’s right in the contract.
How can UHAUL get away with this? Either way the consumer gets ripped off unless you happen to have re-filled to the exact mark when you picked the vehicle up.
If they want you to refill the tank then they should do the same thing as the Car Rental companies do. They rent you vehicles with a full tank of fuel so there is no question about how much fuel you used and how much you replaced.
More Uhaul Complaints & Reviews
- U-Haul - traffic ticket fee
- Uhaul - scam charges
- Movinghelp.com Partnered With U-haul - flawed review system do not trust it!
- U-Haul - unauthorized charges
- Uhaul - truck rental
- U-Haul - truck rental
- U-Haul International - issue with owner after renting a uhaul trailer
- Uhaul - $19.95 a day rental scam
- Uhaul - I will not be using uhaul again and advise others to find somewhere else for their moving needs
- U-Haul - horror story and do not recommend them