Tracfone / horrible service

TracFone is horrible! Cheap, yes, but horrible service. You either get the Phillippines or India; you know what that's like! We live in northern Ca. and went to southern CA. for Christmas. The doctors kept trying to call us to tell us our father was dying, but the phone would not hold the signal. I went through two batteries which took forever to get and the phone still will hardly hold a charge. I've hardly use any minutes because the phone is worthless! I called several times, talked to a supervisor who was going to resolve the issue. I called back with the number she gave me to cite and they put me right back at square one, as if I had never called before; yet I had already talked to two service reps and their supervisor. I plan to call their corporate office tomorrow and see if the management of this company is as bad as their product and their service.

Za

Comments

• Si
      3rd of Mar, 2010

Yes, they outsource their CS, but I've always found that if you stay calm, speak slowly and clearly your problem will be resolved fairly quickly. In fact, I've noticed that they are much more willing to help than the (often very unfriendly, unhelpful) American call centre consultants at some of the other carriers.

• Ki
      10th of Mar, 2010

Just like my previous carrier, I wasn't surprised to find that Tracfone's Straight Talk also outsourced their customer service. I've been lucky that I have had minimal problems and when I did have one, their customer service was help and efficent. Give the company another chance before you give it the boot - one potentially bad call center shouldn't turn you off the whole company - weigh the pros and cons.

• Us
      27th of Nov, 2010

I purchased the Samsung double your minutes for life phone and thought it was great. Then I needed more minutes..they charged my creditcard 3 times and said that I never paid for minutes..so still no minutes and yet 3 tmes I was charged. Their solution was to just keep charging my visa..they said eventually it would work. I am currently sitting on hold after having been disconnected twice. and yes I'm in the Philipines. I should say that I started out calm and spoke slowly and clearly stated what I needed...that did nothing. What a joke I should have stuck with my original carrier..the old addage you get what you pay for NOTHING!!!