Tracfoneunwanted text messages

R

I purchased a "pay as you go" phone from TracFone and as soon as I turned it on I started receiving unwanted text messages. TracFone was neither helpful nor willing to assist in stopping these unsolicited text messages after repeated complaints. These text messages served no other purpose than to deduct funds from my account which ensured I purchase more airtime to mainatin service.
The only help they suggested was for me to change my number. I'm not sure how that would solve the problem as they either sell your personal information to 3rd parties or continue to send unwanted text messages to the "new" numer!
This is illegal and should be investigated by the attorney general!

• Pj
    pjmarkert Aug 28, 2010

You got a number that used to belong to someone else who had subscribed to 3rd party text services, change your number!

John Weemhoff Feb 07, 2016

Learn how to block text messages. All phones will get text messages, some of them are welcome messages and payment notices from Tracfone. You can avoid all charges for Tracfone text messages by simply not reading them -delete them unread, No Charge! 😊

• Xi
    Xierra Feb 19, 2016

You might need to take your issue to the right people for an immediate response. Try sending an email to this email address email address is [email protected], or contact them via live chat @ http://bit.ly/18WfOoC. These people can help you!

• Ju
    Judy Klinedinst Jul 12, 2016

I don't feel you should be charged a deduction for min. when receiving text messages. The person who sent it to you already paid to send it to you. That to me is double charging. Now if I send a text message then I would expect a deduction. But it should not be both ways. Any one else agree??