Menu

R
Author of the complaint
5:28 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a "pay as you go" phone from TracFone and as soon as I turned it on I started receiving unwanted text messages. TracFone was neither helpful nor willing to assist in stopping these unsolicited text messages after repeated complaints. These text messages served no other purpose than to deduct funds from my account which ensured I purchase more airtime to mainatin service.
The only help they suggested was for me to change my number. I'm not sure how that would solve the problem as they either sell your personal information to 3rd parties or continue to send unwanted text messages to the "new" numer!
This is illegal and should be investigated by the attorney general!

Helpful? 0 0

More TracFone Wireless complaints & reviews

TracFone Wireless - unregistered sim problem fixed
TracFone Wireless - poor service!
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
TracFone Wireless - tracfone not adding minutes after online purchase
TracFone Wireless - customer (chat) support
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
TracFone Wireless - fraud alert
5 comments
Jul 12, 2016 5:28 am

I don't feel you should be charged a deduction for min. when receiving text messages. The person who sent it to you already paid to send it to you. That to me is double charging. Now if I send a text message then I would expect a deduction. But it should not be both ways. Any one else agree?

X
Feb 19, 2016 5:28 am

You might need to take your issue to the right people for an immediate response. Try sending an email to this email address email address is [email protected], or contact them via live chat @ http://bit.ly/18WfOoC. These people can help you!

Feb 07, 2016 5:28 am

Learn how to block text messages. All phones will get text messages, some of them are welcome messages and payment notices from Tracfone. You can avoid all charges for Tracfone text messages by simply not reading them -delete them unread, No Charge! 😊

May 30, 2021 5:28 am

This is not true...I haven't sent a or received a "real" text in 2 days. Yet, I am still watching my text remaining balance drop with every spam text I delete without reading. We need a REAL solution to this problem or I'll just stop using my cell phone and stick with my land line. Maybe if more people did this cell phone companies would start to pay attention.

P
Aug 28, 2010 5:28 am

You got a number that used to belong to someone else who had subscribed to 3rd party text services, change your number!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

449 complaints