TMobile / free flight scam

1 MN, United States Review updated:

I extended my contract and signed up for the MyFaves promotion where I was to receive a free flight. I have submitted my request (as well as two of my friends) and all of us were rejected, saying we didn't fill the form out correctly. It was an automated message that told me this. I've spent four days on the phone with Tmobile and TLC (the scamming travel company that Tmobile contracted with) and no one will help me. The ”Tmobile Concierge Customer Service” people are rude and claim there are no ”supervisors” to talk to except someone named ”Deb.” Deb doesn't return her calls and apparently (or conveniently ) was out of town until 11/12. Her mailbox was full (probably with complaints). Tmobile says there is "no president" of the company as it is "publicly traded." A "supervisor" named Steve told me this today. He then admitted that Robert Potson was the president but doesn't take calls from customers. Tmobile also says TLC, the travel company, doesn't have a "phone number." I told them to sell them one from t-mobile!

I hope everyone is calling or writing their attorney general's office and notifying their news stations about this scam as Tmobile is going to launch another "free flight" scam in about a week or two.

Get the word out! Shame on you Tmobile!

Jm

Comments

• Tm
      10th of Mar, 2009

I am having the same problem. I have wasted hours on calling TLC and T-Mobile. I it highly likely that it is a scam of a major proportion. I got my phone during 2007 promotion. I was also supposed to get SAMS-club rebates which I didn't.

• Dy
      10th of Mar, 2009

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with T-Mobile. You might want see how much you can lower your cell bill by via the website http://www.fixmycellbill.com which is powered by the company that I work for, Validas. We cut the average cell bill by 22 percent, savings of around $450 annually for the typical consumer. Even if you don't stay with T-Mobile (you sound pretty disgruntled), you can still use the service for AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and US Cellular but again, I would recommend seeing what you can get out of T-Mobile first. For more about Validas, check out our recent feature on Good Morning America at http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=6887412&page=1 or in the NY Times at http://gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com/tag/validas/.

Good luck!

• Lu
      18th of Mar, 2009

Dont buy any phone to a t-mobiel retailer t-mobiel has no control over them t-mobiel as a carrier must have some type of manege over them. Any we are getting a lot of scams by indian people unfortunately.

• Ka
      2nd of Apr, 2009

You know what I did with that little situation...I threatened to go to the Media. I also contacted the BBB and pursued it with them. All the BBB will really do is mediate between T-Mobile and yourself, which is lame. If you still have not received your voucher yet, I suggest you take it to the FCC and the BBB. Also, try to get into contact with their corporate headquarters (located in Seattle). I did that and it eventually worked. Supposedly the voucher is worth $200.00, but who knows. I was sent an overnight check for $200.00 by some Corporate Consultant at T-Mobile because I told him I had connections at CNN and the Chicago Tribune and that I would spread bad press about them and that promotion. I have since switched to Verizon, but is better. All cell phone companies suck and will just nickel and dime you. Just a thought.