The Brick / never buying from them again!

Heartland Town CenterMississauga, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Never again will I ever buy from the Brick. After ordering an entire bedroom and living set to the tune of over 3000 dollars and doing don't pay a cent for eight months I thought I was doing well. Then, five days before the time period was up I went to the bank with a money transfer and transferred the funds I owed directly into the Finance Companies account. I got the teller to stamp a receipt (UPON HE ADVISE OF A FRIEND WHO WAS SCAMMED BY THEM) and of course several weeks later I get a bill claiming I owe them several hundred dollars in interest and a whack of charges for this payment protection ### that I never even knew about. I was given the run around several times and was told at the store that they cannot even deal with this.

Just brutal... never again... and of course I know if I don't pay, they be sending this off to a credit agency.

Comments

Jo
  6th of May, 2008
People should sue this company for doing dishonest business and never should go there.

They don’t have any customer service. Only customer service if any they have up until sale, that because their sales reps works completely on commission.
Sa
  2nd of Aug, 2009
In response to your complaint about the “Payment Protection Plan” please be aware that this would NOT be added to your bill if you HADNT signed for it. If you go into a brick store they are able to print out your original credit application and show you the SIGNED COPY with YOUR signature. If you would like this to be cancelled simply go into the nearest Brick loaction, fill out a small form, and it will be cancelled THAT DAY.

Dont blame others because of your inability to ask questions about the papers you are signing.

Another thing, although it is called the BRICK Card it does NOT belong to the Brick. It is given out by a Credit Lender, or in this case, HSBC so of course they are unable to do anything at the store level as they are unable to look at your personal credit information as it is a SECURITY VIOLATION. It is YOUR responsibilty as a consumer to ask the appropriate questions and understand what you are signing.

Sincerely,