The Brick / 3 month back order!

1 Canada Review updated:

I am not one to complain, but The Brick is absolutely ridiculous. I bought and paid for some furniture for my new home. I bought a mattress set, a chair and ottoman, a 9 piece dinette and a couch and loveseat.
I bought all of this 1 month before I was moving in, and asked them to deliver on my move in date.
I received a call 1 week before I moved in, saying that everything except the mattress set was on back order. I could accept a partial delivery and wait until everything else came in.
The dinette was on back order for 1.5 months, and the living room set on back order for 3 months.
The only option I was ever offered was to come in and pick something else out and if it ws in stock, I could get it right away.
I decided to do this for the dinette set. I found a comparable set that was $100 more expensive ($1000 versus $1100). The salesman informed me that I'd have to pay the extra $100 difference.
It's as if all they care about is selling, even if they don't have the furniture for you when they promised they would.
I'm completely out of luck, and the only options I have ever been presented with are in The Brick's favor. Nobody at The Brick seems to care.

Bi

Comments

• Er
      6th of Nov, 2008

I completely agree. I aswell am not one to complain but I purchased a couch and king bed on April 21/08 I got the bed right away since it was the only one left in stock and i bought the floor model. the couch on the other hand, The brick told me I wouldnt be able to have my couch delivered until june 5/08 i was not impressed but went with the transaction anyways since they promised it would be no later. after many phone calls and rude customer service. My couch has finally arrived in store today which is NOV.6/08 they also will not deliever my couch until tomorrow since there truck doesnt come out (10 mins) away from their store today. During the wait they were very rude and also would only offer $100 off since it will then cut into "their" cost or i could come in a pick a different couch that was in stock. I will never buy anything from the brick again. also to mention the bed i bought the same day the frame is already broken. good job!

2nd of Aug, 2009

So you paid an extra 100$ and got your set 1.5 months sooner than expected? It doesn't work in their favour only it is also working in yours since you dont have to wait that long.
    And since the Brick has ZERO control over how fast the manufacture makes the product, I suggest you call the manufacture in China and ### about how the child labourers aren't making your furniture fast enough while they are losing their fingers.
    Three words: Suck it up