The Brick / worst customer service and delivery!

1 Canada Review updated:

I spent thousands of dollars at one of their stores recently, and expected good service. Let's start outside the store:

A woman was doing a survey on client's spending habits there, and once the form was filled out, gave you a $25 Brick card to 'spend on anything'. When I presented that to the salesperson, he brushed it away and said "not on appliances".

Inside the store, now. The salesguy was nice enough, once we found one (we went 15 minutes without anyone even noticing us). I then told him what I was buying, and he offered me a 3 year extended warranty. I pointed to their sign that showed "Frigidaire and Whirlpool: 3 year FREE warranty on ALL PRODUCTS". He said "Oh, not on this one, though." I insisted, and he went to the manager, who offered me a 5 year warranty for $50. Sketchy, no?

Now, the delivery. One of my purchases was a front loading washer/dryer set with pedestals. The washer weighs a ton. The deliver guys (3!) showed up, and I said "You DO install it, right?" to which one replied "Well, no... your husband can do it, it's easy", and left us with the set. The one thing they did do was to bring the washer into the laundry room (a few feet away from where they were) and in the process, hit my piano, damaging the outside. I noticed this just after they left.

After a phone call to customer service to find out something about installation, I was then told that the delivery guys were supposed to set EVERYTHING up (except plumbing). She gave me an email address to send my complaint, which I did. 5 days have gone by, and nothing. I called the store directly, and was told that any damages would be a case of "he said she said", and basically "yeah, good luck". The fact that nothing was installed didn't seem to be any deal to them.

I will now file a complaint with our provincial BBB, and will never, EVER buy from the Brick again. Awful, and what a bunch of liars!

Lm

Comments

• Gi
      24th of Jul, 2008

My daughter and her family moved from Victoria B.C. to Ottawa on July 1st. Two weeks earlier we bought 2 mattress sets, a chesterfield and a tv set. We impressed upon the salesman that they needed to be delivered on July 2nd because they would be arriving on the 1st with nothing in the house. The salesman in Kelowna phoned the Ottawa store and they assured him that they had everything in stock except the tv. It is now July 23rd and they finally got the order filled. There were a whole bunch of issues between the first and the 23rd and I can tell you that they looked like a bunch of amateurs. We will also never buy from the Brick again.

• Da
      17th of Nov, 2011

Nothing but problems with delivery, merchandise and wrong billing ever since I purchased my appliances 6 months ago. Merchandise is sold but not in stock, end up buying more expensive merchandise. Equal payments is wrong and been paying double and been talking to HSBC and the Brick a number of times to no avail. Brick managers say the problem is rectified but it never is and keep going back to the store. Managers are hardly there. Delivery is constantly cancelled and then delivered to wrong address on wrong date. Washer and dryer are defective and go to store to complain constantly but no one sends a technician or replaces the products. Will never purchase anything at the Brick again as long as I live. Should I seek consumer protection?

• Da