Telus / new charge for texting to usa numbers

1 Ontario, Canada

I recently was informed that Telus will be charging 40cents per text message sent to a cell number within the USA from a Canada phone, while other companies have done the same, I have been with telus for over 5 years for the main reason that texting from a canadian cell to an american cell was free of charge and included within my unlimited texting plan within my contract. However when I called to ask about this change they were not willing to help me at all and only said that telus customers have been benefiting from this service for too long and they are now starting to charge for this, even though I am in a contract. There is a hidden clause with apparently allows telus to change any part of your rate plan, including texting anytime they wish. They are unwilling to offer current and long time customers any incentives to stay with their company and if you wish to continue texting family or friends in the USA you must pay an additional $10 for the unlimited international plan.The representative were unwilling to even hear out my complaint and reasons, and would not even offer to help other than making me pay even more for a plan that I thought I was already paying enough for, only to have them change it so I would have to pay them even more. They do not assist current clients and place them under the same category as a new customer that has no years of loyalty to their brand by offering them the exact same $ plan as myself. Telus needs to find new and polite customer service reps who understand the issues that this change has made to customers and decide whether or not charging more and more for features that were included in contract plans is worth them losing long time customers!
A very unsatisfied customer of telus mobility!

Uo