Telus Communicationsinternet

On 17th October 2018 Telus Internet was installed at my home in Edmonton Alberta, Canada.
The technician Has to take care of cancellation of Shaw services.
But he never took care and I still got a invoice from Shaw.

Technician was so un professional even we called him few times he never deal with us nicely. Finally I got it cancelled by self with Shaw. But I had to pay 169.70$ which I should not have to because Technician did not take care of it. I still need my money back from Telus.

So I called Telus Support 3 times in one week but they never resolved my problem. Every time they told me our manager will call you but nobody called.

MY experience with Telus is very Bad. Please dont Go with Telus because they do not care for the Customer.

Ha
Dec 06, 2018

Comments

• Ha
      Mar 22, 2019

When we moved to our new home in Victoria, B.C., we received Telus internet and Optik TV package from our daughter as a house-warming gift. It was a basic student package that my daughter had ordered, since she was then living here while attending university. The plan was supposed to be a 2 year plan that provided basic tv options and internet. We specifically asked for the internet installation to be placed at the right side of our home instead of the left side due to poor wireless reception from the the left side. The tech, who was a rude slob, didn't want to pull some wire to accommodate this new customer request. He proceeded to install at the right side of the house because it was easier for him, even though we said we would pay extra for any additional service needed to satisfy our request. For the past two years we have had spotty, garbage wireless internet signal. In addition, we had to wait over 4 weeks to get a modem box that malfunctioned replaced, and then got additional charges for that. Later my daughter told us she was not being charged for the original plan that had been sold to us, but that we were being charged for an entirely different, more expensive plan that we had never ordered - nor received! Trying to get a refund or credit has been futile. Call backs not answered at all, and wait times on the phone are typically 30 to 60 minutes or more, regardless of the time of day. When we finally got to talk to a customer service representative we were bounced back and forth between departments and given the run around. We resolved ourselves to cancel the service and go with Shaw. We are hoping for a better experience. The poorly regulated communications industry in Canada which is a virtual oligarchical monopoly is due to our crappy, successive federal governments who pander to these big corporate monsters. We the public as the end-user customers are treated as an expendable commodity that can constantly be gouged for more money (greed) with evermore less service. The real blame is our spineless Canadian politicians who are as useless as they are spineless. And probably corrupt as we see so often in the news with respect to government catering to corporations and not the Canadian public!