Telus Cell Phones / poor service, bad products

1 11 45905 Yale RoadChilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
Phone: 604-702-0700

On friday, I went into the telus store to buy a cell phone to have a pay as you go service. They offered me a package that included the phone & a free $50 card of minutes.

She told me the phone takes 10 minutes for them to activate it for me, but they would deduct $15 of the $50 free minutes to do this for me. She handed me the phone after 10 minutes and told me it takes about 2 hours for the phone to work. I paid them $78.39, and I left the store.

I tried to use the phone after 2 hours, then 3 hours, then at around 10pm, then in the morning, then all day on saturday. I kep getting a message that the phone is not activated.

On saturday day at 4:30pm I went back to the store and told them the phone is not working. She told me all she could do was give me a "repair ticket" and telus will contact me within the week. I told her I was not interested in having the brand new phone repaired as it is brand new. I would prefer to get another phone or a refund. She was adament that she will not give me either of those and my only option was to wait for the phone to be repaired. I left the phone there as it was no use to me. It did not work.

I called telus when I got home and told them what happenned. The man I spoke to explained to me that telus was having problems with their service and I need to go get the phone and call him back when I got home, thus waiting another hour on hold, to file a compaint. Then the phone would be fixed within the week when telus sorted out their service problems. I told him that this will not do. I am not waiting to have brand new phone fixed. When I left the store, it was not working, and considering I had just bought it, I do not want the hassle. He told me that telus will not refund my money nor would I be getting a replacement phone. My only option is to keep the phone and be patient for telus to fix it. He told me that if I felt it would be better to take them to court then thats what I should do.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

The store inormation is here:

Cantalk wireless (Telus store)
11 45905 yale road