Telkom SA SOC / fibre to the home

Cape Town, ZA Review updated:

Over five weeks ago I registered for FTTH through Web Africa. I cringed as soon as I realized that the only available option was through Openserve through Telkom, which is way more expensive than any other provider and, of course also means one would have to deal with Telkom. However, I figured I would only have to deal with Telkom through the ‘4-6 week’ installation period, and then Web Africa would be in charge.

Web Africa dealt with my application instantly, and laid out a structured procedure to help me know where in the installation process my fibre line was. At this point Telkom entered the fray…

Firstly, they sent out not one but two different operators to examine the installation process and the third was booked in before I got hold of them and pointed out that clearly they were having some communication problems. What emerged from this process though is that apparently I require a box to be added before the fibre can be rolled out and connected. This was where the process was at FIVE WEEKS ago, and it hasn’t moved forward one iota.

Every time I call through for promised feedback I speak to someone who claims that they need to make a call and then get back to me. They never do. First it was Paul Collins, then Tammy Robertson, and then Paul Collins again. Each time I was promised that they would get back to me within 24 hours. Each time they never got back to me at all. Getting hold of them on the line has proved nearly impossible. Not because it is always engaged. Rather it just rings and rings…

On Monday I got hold of Paul Collins yet again, and while I was on the line he got someone else named Darrel on the line, who also promised to get back to me the same day. It is now the Thursday night and nobody has called

The solution to the problem is as simple as Telkom calling in someone to install the box. I would like to someone from Telkom to get hold of me immediately to explain how they find this behavior from their employees acceptable, and what will be done to expedite the process of getting my fibre line installed.

Em
Mar 23, 2017

Comments

• We
      May 03, 2017

Hello,

Thank you so much for your enquiry.

Would like to contact you to ensure your enquiry is seen to asap - to ensure we are able to chat - please email [protected]@webafrica.com or [protected]@webafrica.com - looking forward to your most valued responses to the provided email addresses . Please confirm your customer code/order number so we may get on this with no further delay

Kindly note support is also available via @WebAfricaHelper and Web Africa Facebook page DM

Once a email is sent to the above email addresses - you will receive a ticket number to track progress - please hold onto that ticket number as a reference to your enquiry.

Kind regards,