T Mobile / stole my number and remaining minutes

1 Cleveland, OH, United States Review updated:

My story starts innocently enough. In 2002 I bought a prepaid phone from T-Mobile.
Since it was a prepay phone I only used it when it was necessary and I bought minutes when I needed them. Over time I earned Gold Status.
I finally in 2008 my original phone died and I bought a New phone. Again I used it sparingly but Kept some minutes on the phone.
Recently I went to add some minutes and my Sim card was deactivated.
I tried to enter my number on the website and it appears my number wasn't being recognized.
I dialed my T Mobile number and a woman answered.
So I call T Mobile customer care to find out what happened and they told me that if I don't use my phone for 90 days that they can recycle the number and deactivate the Sim card.
I had over 60 minutes of talk time was wasn't to expire until 5/11.
I explained this to the agent who transferred me to Another customer care agent who advised that the only option I had was to buy a new Sim card and get a new number. By doing so I would have to begin again as a new customer with no reward bonus.
Mind you, at no time was I contacted by e-mail, snail mail or land line was I informed of a policy change that said you can't have a T Mobile phone as an emergency phone. no matter how often you add minutes if you don't use the phone for over 90 days, you loose the number and minutes you had on the account

Comments

• Ze
      5th of Nov, 2010

I didn't know T-mobile has that 90 day policy. I have them for year snow too and I only use it for incoming and emergency calls only. I use Onesuite VoIP service for long distance calls that includes international calls.

If its true then they should tell everyone about it so it will not come as a surprise if someday you can not use your sim anymore.

• Gm
      2nd of Sep, 2011

Hey, after visiting a T-Mobile Store my phone was cloned and international calls were made. Maybe someone in the store is involved in the scam. T-Mobile refused to investigate and, since, has charged me for everything but the kitchen sink. Don't use T-Mobile and if they merge with AT&T, don't use AT&T.

• Za
      8th of Dec, 2013

T Mob UK stole my £15 credit for same reason but sim was re-activated when I called Tmob.
    No warning
    This is theft
    Oftel (enormous waste of money) enforce this!!!
    Still, I want MY money back.