Having problems with T-Mobile USA?

611 (From T-Mobile Phone)
+1 844 840 6518 (Customer Service)
+1 844 428 9675 (Business)
+1 505 998 3793 (International)
+1 877 453 1304 (Payments)
12920 SE 38th St.
Bellevue, New York
United States - 98006-1350
Questions and Comments
T-Mobile Customer Relations, PO Box 37380, Albuquerque, NM 87176-7380

Bankruptcy Legal Notices
T-Mobile Bankruptcy Team, PO Box 53410, Bellevue, WA 98015-3410

Complaints & Reviews

no response on their end

pretty much going through the same crap as you guys. though i havent made as much effort in calling them repeatedly and such. i originally sent my form in like january. but i didn't put 3 different cities so they returned it to me, having me redo it. i did, and resent it in in i believe early september at the latest. my requested flights are all about mid-end of december.
i called them about 2 weeks ago and they had received it (im pretty sure, by the way the lady sounded) and comfirmed my name, etc, and said id receive a call shortly. still have not heard from them.
im gonna call again, and again, til i get somewhere. but as of now, i haven't.

Resolved bad business practices

I have been with T-Mobile since the Aerial days, and must say the service and support has declined dramatically over the years, until finally, I just had enough. Every month or so, the signal degraded until finally I could no longer get reception anywhere, including my home, which had worked for about a decade. Their support people were not only rude, but also incompetent. I was tricked into changing my plan, as I was grandfathered into a great rate, only to find out that they not only misrepresented what I would get on my new plan, i.e. t-zones and unlimited internet, but also boosted my charges into orbit. I was also promised I could go back to my old plan if I was not happy. Not true. It really wasn't about the money, as I was accustomed to having bills as high as $1, 800.00 ... once it was $1, 400, because they signed me up for unlimited internet and then charged me by the packet. Absolutely Ridiculous. I changed to a blackberry, which they could barely get to work, and paid top dollar for it, with the promise that I could go back to my previous plan if I was unhappy (Should have been wise to them after they pulled this one on me the first time). Don't fall for this. Not only could I not go back, but I was out over $400 bucks for a device that didn't work, and a 2 year contract to get into my new crappy plan. I raised enough of a stink that they promised to unlock my Blackberry phone, so at least I could sell it. This they also changed their minds on, and decided keep the lock my phone, making it for the most part, a paper weight. This is quite unfair, I paid for the phone, it is my asset, my property, and they crippled it. At this point, I was pretty much fed up with T-Mobile, and gave them an ultimatum. Either fix my issues, or Cingular would. Once again, T-Mobile promised to work with me, unlock my phone and try to figure out what the problem was, but once again, they decided not to unlock my blackberry, and ignore my service issues. As I promised, I made the jump to Cingular. I had to purchase yet another Blackberry, because T-Mobile would still not unlock my device. (Note: the Cingular transition went off without a hitch.. They did exactly what they promised, and then some) T-Mobile called, now demanding $200 dollars for breaking my contract, and another $100 for my monthly bill. My take was, no way! I feel they owe me money for my device! And as for the contract, I just signed it, nothing was working right, the contract is a 2 way street! They must provide service as promised, or the contract is null and void! My house is clearly on the map for supported areas, not to mention that I was promised that if this did not work, I could cancel. I refused to pay... After working with their billing folks, I agreed to pay the bill, if they unlocked the phone. They felt that was reasonable (I didn't, as I felt the contract issue was totally unfair, but would have paid it just to make this all go away). Once again, they changed their minds, and refused to send me the unlock, and once again, I refused to pay. I now am being hounded by credit bureaus, threatening to damage my credit.. but, still I will not pay. It is just wrong. In summary, this would never have had to escalate to this point if T-Mobile had just been honest, upfront, and provided the service as agreed. As it stands now, they might have put a dent in my otherwise stellar credit rating, but I have cost them countless customers by sharing my experiences with everyone I deal with personally and professionally. With the competition for cell phone service being at a peak, T-Mobile should at least try to buff off their already tarnished reputation. I feel their unscrupulous underhanded and unethical behavior is rapidly catching up with them. Buyer Beware! Rick St Petersburg, Florida

• T-Mobile was never known for great service, but what they lacked in spotty service they made up for in really good customer service. I use to sell their phones and I must say they had the best free phones, plans and incentives. I use to defend them to everybody that complained. I have the service now..I've been a customer for a very long time, but I can tell you all now that T-Mobile has got to be the worst company around. They don't appreciate their customers, they hire the worst customer service reps, their service sucks..(lots of dropped calls) They're very rude to the point of cutting you off in mid sentence and even yelling. I am very disappointed in this company. I've been grossly overcharged and I feel I've been riped off by them.

fraud and incompetent customer service

I read the reviews of different Pay As You Go plans before I got my mom, who was coming for a visit from abroad for about 2 months, a cell phone. I did notice that several people were claiming that T-mobile was "stealing" minutes but the majority of reviews were positive and my previous experience having a regular phone plan with T-mobile several years ago was good.
I got my mom a $50 card with 400 minutes thinking that this should be enough. The minutes were gone in less than a week. I was a bit surprised but I figured: ok, she talked on the phone a lot.
I went to the store to refill the minutes and the store clerk suggested that I get FlexPay My Faves plan, so she can call for free her favorite 5. I got 600 whenever minutes, free nights and weekends and Faves for $49.99 (plus taxes and surcharges, etc. - $66.71 all together). I figured that this should hold my mom.
A few days later (including a weekend), i checked the balance and to my shock saw that 143 whenever minutes have been used up. Plus there were 39 My faves "free minutes", all together: 182 minutes. Now, my phones has a registry and according to this registry there were 107 minutes used total. The majority of calls were to the Faves.
I called the customer service the first time around 11 pm ET. I have to echo others reviewers: it was the WORST customer service experience that I remember, even worse than Time Warner (and I hate those people with passion, but at least they are not trying to cheat you). For some bizarre reason, somebody at t-mobile came up with an idea that if you say the customer's name after every two words, that will somehow be pleasing to the customer - believe me, it is EXTREMELY annoying, especially when your complaint is not being addressed in any reasonable, making at least remote sense, way. By the time the customer service rep started telling me that my phone can not be used with My Faves (after their own store suggested this plan and set it up in the store), I lost patience and asked for a supervisor. The supervisor, of course, was "on another call." I was promised a call back within 30 minutes. I asked the rep what should I do if I don't receive this call. After assuring me that i WILL get a call, she said that I can call back and say that she is a liar.
As you can guess, I did NOT receive any calls within an hour. I called back and immediately asked for a supervisor, explaining briefly what happened. She rep asked me to give her 5 minutes to try to resolve my problem. I gave up, although it was already after midnight and I have to get up around 7 am. However, when she started reading my contract back to me, I almost lost it. Her supervisor was also "on another call." I told both reps that I will join other people online who talk about stolen minutes and customer service quality and will be writing to the BBB but I do need to get the problem resolved.
At 2 am (and I did explain to the first rep that i was on the East Coast), I received a call from the first rep's supervisor. She did make an attempt to explain what happened to my minutes: it was "due to engineering problems" that my minutes were not correctly credited to the Faves. Her explanation for more than 60 minutes discrepancy between the total number of minutes registered by my phone and T-mobile calculations was even worse - but at least she tried. She said that the calls are rounded up to the next minute (which would require at least 60 calls to accrue the extra 60 minutes. I didn't have any strength to fight at that point (around 2.30 am). She told me that 50 minutes would be credited back because they were supposed to be My Faves minutes and she gave me another 50 minutes for my pain and suffering(my words, not hers).
I couldn't deal with this issue anymore for a few days and I did get a land line, so my mom now makes most of her calls from that line.
Today I decided to review the minutes usage to make sure i actually got the credit and to make sure that nothing fishy is going on. The data I found on their site was for the first two days. I called customer service to find out if I can get this info some place else. I was told that i can NOT until the end of my billing cycle.
As I promised T-mobile, I AM spreading the word on the net. I will be writing to the BBB when I get more time and I am seriously considering writing to the DA to see if they can open an investigation into what appears to be blatant and brazen consumer fraud.

• Valerie Nov 07, 2008

I read the reviews of various Pay As You Go plans before I got my mom, who was coming for a visit from abroad for about 2 months, a cell phone. I did notice that several people were claiming that T-mobile was "stealing" minutes but the majority of reviews were positive and my previous experience having a regular phone plan with T-mobile several years ago was good.

• Gr
    greg Jan 24, 2009

Thank you. I am looking for a family plan and saw t-mobile seems lowest $ if clalls are in fave 5. Seeing this report of customer service will allow me to spend my nights and weekends doing something else than speaking with cs for hours on end. Useless cs reps usually take me to some level of rage!

• My
    myleka May 14, 2009

I have been trying to place an order through T-Mobile using my consultant discounts and it has been everything but pleasant. I was told that i would have to go into one of the retail stores and that i could not use my discounts, i tried calling the company to help me, and they were unable to, so i decided to call the person who handles the business affairs between t-mobile and mary kay. apparentaly he telling them to resend the phones doesn't matter. UPS had admitted to losing the phones but they simply refuse to resend me the phones although they have been told and authorized to resend the phones that UPS openly admitted to losing. the last time i had this poor of a service was with Sprint PCS. i have been humilated and embrassed because i've had fax a copy of my id and my social security card just to get the phones delivered and have been unsuccessful with this. after today, i willing not be suggesting this company to any of my friends or family, because i would hate for them to go through this same type of treatment.

• Bu
    Businessman77057 Jun 03, 2016

I have been a customer of T Mobile's for 15 years. No more! My phone was stolen. I reported i and assumed that insurance would cover it and was told I would receive a call.. After 3 weeks, i called back when I got nothing but a suspension of service for a phone I already reported was stolen. I was told that I had not reported it to the insurance department which btw is not a department but a third party company. I was still charged for the 3 weeks without a phone they failed to provide. THANKS T MOBILE~~~~
    My daughter and I had taken 1, 000 pictures a week or so prior to the theft. T Mobile told me there was no way to retrieve them. This was false. Apple told me that they could have been backed up if T Mobile had not given me misinformation. Once the phone died after being stolen, the pictures were lost. THANKS T MOBILE.~~~
    Tech support told me I could trace the phone but somehow I was locked out of my account, which they NEVER fixed and admitted they gave up. The phone is a total loss. THANKS T MOBILE ~~~
    When I was transferred to the insurance department, the woman told me that she wasn't sure if the email she was sending me had a claim but was not sure if it included a number I could call Back regarding the claim. i was also told that I could not use the insurance when i changed carriers. I paid for it, but it's a benefit solely for T MOBILE. I'm living to be a customer of T Mobile's by now. THANKS T MOBILE~~~
    When I paid the amount of $106 so I could get to the other departments, after 30 minutes of complaining about T Mobile's failure to follow through with phone replacement, the CS representative asked me if I wanted my payment confirmation to my phone. YES THE PHONE THAT HAD BEEN STOLEN. THANKS T MOBILE~~~
    This company is so compartmentalized that you cannot do ANYTHING WITHOUT another dept's involvement. THANKS TOMBILE~~~~
    A POX ON THEIR HOUSE.

free flight

I registered for the T-Mobile free flight last November after extending my contract for two years. I was told...

Resolved beware of easy pay

On September 18, 2008 T-Mobile debited my bank account $318.61, $47.62 was a legitimate monthly service bill the remaining $270.99 was a restocking fee for a replacement phone that I never received (my phone is under warranty). They'd sent me the replacement phone in June and when I went to UPS to pick it up the box was not taped, damaged and empty. I refused delivery and immediately called T-Mobile, the representative assured me that there would not be a restocking fee for this phone, and sent a second replacement phone to me. I got that phone several days later and returned the defective phone per the instructions sent with the replacement phone. I have the UPS tracking print outs for both phone orders and spoke with four different customer service reps. and a customer service manager between the 18th and the 26th of September when I went to a local T-Mobile store to try to resolve this issue. Each of these people acknowledged that I'd been billed in error, each person could view the UPS tracking and acknowledged that I did not receive two replacement phones. It appears that customer service can only request the refund, another department, The Cash Refund Team, actually approves and issues the refund, this department has repeatedly denied my refund because the return tracking label in the box was not used. Since the 26th of September I have been working with a sales manager at the local store and to date October 10, 2008 I still do not have a refund. Unfortunately for me, I did not actually have $318.61 in my bank account at the time that T-Mobile debited my account so I have been charged another $175.00 in bounced check charges and another $50.00 in returned check fees from two other companies where I'd written checks and they bounced. I am now $495.99 behind with no end in sight. I speak to T-Mobile every day and cannot get past the customer service people to a person that actually has the authority to refund my monies to me. I have discontinued my EASY Pay option, but this can take up to two billing cycles so it is likely that eight days from now, my bank account will again be debited for my monthly service, sadly, there will not be sufficient funds to cover this debit so I will again be charged returned check fees and T-Mobile will probably suspend my service for non-payment. To make matters worse I have 12 months left on my contract so I will also be charged an early termination fee of $150.00.

Resolved scam

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/861442981.html i contacted the person on that add about the new sidekicks 2008, the person claimed that worked with tmobile and added a credit or bonus to my account, i saw the amount sum up to the account so i saw that and proceded to order the phones, we paid the person 300 through western union the person says her name is Nikki Ortiz, everything was good until a month after, Tmobile is charging 941$ for the phones, they saw the balance going up and then the same person that put the credit is the same person that took it out, still knowing that they keep charging the amount, they are not responding my calls, they cut the service, i was trying to negotiate giving the phones back and all that but every try to talk to them is not succesfull, If anyone sees this add don't be fooled, If someone can be of assistance or help please do not hesitate to contact me.

• Sm
    smith67 May 14, 2010

The same thing happened to me with Nikki Ortiz, but instead the Craigslist listing was out of Pennsylvania. I wish there was a way to get in contact with her to get my money back.

noraz123 Sep 22, 2010

Goes by Kyle Grayson now. I almost fell for it, until he asked to be paid by Western Union.

• Fu
    fustygoat Dec 14, 2012

Beware T Mobile and virgin mobile and possibly many others.
    After downloading a so called "FREE" mp3 ring tone maker from tmobile I received a text message that I will be charged $9.99 every month for subscribing to Jamster, not even a minute went by and this text came through, I called T Mobile and they said they would refund my money and block Jamster for me at a premium of $4.95 if I want that service too, I said are you kidding me!! How could this have happened I said! why and how could I be charged for this, he sounded very nervous and said it's a third party sir but we have ways to block them and refund your money and not to worry it will be taken care of this time, but next time you should text in capital letters STOP in the message and it will be blocked. I hung up because I was to frustrated to talk and started searching for answers on the Internet and found that there is a class action law suit against tmobile for Jamster and other products and many people complained they had been ripped off and that TMOBILE and Jamster and others are part of T Mobile. Folks ITS A SCAM!!! plain and simple. I hate the cell phone companies to the point that I don't even want one now. These people are low life ###

lies, over a barrel and deception

T-mobile, customer services are bare faced liars. The guy I spoke too, belittled me and tried to make me look stupid.

By the end of the phone call he was calling me and liar and wouldn't let me talk as he liked the sound of his own voice.

I changed my bank account details and phoned t-mobile, they made the changes, then 3 months later I get a baliffs letter. I pay the bill phone back t-mobile to which I again let them know my details and again they change them.

3 months later I get another baliffs letter, again I phone get some boy who doesn't even understand what I am saying. I speak slowly and still nothing is entering his head.

I then speak to a supervisor. He tells me I'm a liar, I didn't ring them, they have no notes on the screen. I tell him that I did, he then goes on to say are you calling me a liar, I don't lie our systems don't lie. He then gives me no chance to talk. I then ask when my contract finishes. He said last month!!!????

I ask why am i still being changed and the reason is I haven't given 30 days notice?????????? How does that work when I've signed a contract that says on the 23rd of september my contract expires, that is a legal document that states that. I am then changed twice what I am normally because I'm now not getting the special rate I signed up with???????? Contridiction, I'm either still in the contract or i am not?

This isn't my first bad experience with t-mobile but it will be my last. A few years back their computers went funny and took 6 months direct debit in one go, right before christmas. It wiped my account out and it took 2 months before my money was replaced!!!

DON'T USE T-MOBILE.

• Gm
    GM2000 Sep 02, 2011

Hey, after visiting a T-Mobile Store my phone was cloned and international calls were made. Maybe someone in the store is involved in the scam. T-Mobile refused to investigate and, since, has charged me for everything but the kitchen sink. Don't use T-Mobile and if they merge with AT&T, don't use AT&T.

customer fraud

I renewed my My-Faves contract with T-Mobile back in November 2007 and sent in all of the paper work to TLC...

Resolved bad service

I purchased a pay-as-you-go Nokia model 1208 phone from a T-mobile phone distributor 3 months ago...21 June...

incorrect invoices and harassment based on incorrect billing statements

Fax: [protected]
Very important*****very important*****very important
Attention: robert dotson, president and chief executive officer
Re: xxx-xxx-xxxx (last final notice )
Account: tsukada, lourdes
Date: october 13th, 2008
Dear mr. dotson,
Mr. dotson, attached are bills which have been submitted over, and over again. as you will notice, the dates are in consecutive order and barely enough time to even get a corrected bill before notices of late payments (which is incorrect), automated calls stating i was late with payments and the last bill – “final notice” before sent to collections”.

It is disappointing to find the inference, suggested by ms. young via telephone, the shipping charges were for “equipment i had ordered”. these allegations were once again completely unsubstantiated. therefore, for the record, the details of all “shipping charges” for equipment “i ordered” is listed below for my “record to be intact” and for you to observe the assumptions and continuous phone calls to my home and un-sub stationed notices in the mail.
1. 8/9/08 with kyle of level iii, another cell would be sent out without shipping charges of $10.84 would not be charged
2. 8/15/08 with eric and then rebecca cell again defective and another cell would be sent out to me without any shipping charges to be added to my bill (order# [protected]) – mind you this is the 3rd replacement). the defective cell was to be dropped off at the nearest t-mobile retail store – which was done. this confirmation of not charges on shipping was also confirmed with kevin.
now here is a “history of statements” provided in chronological orders, so you may observe the amount of follow through and headaches your company has caused and again, unfounded inferences.
1. bill of $102.72 which had a due date of september 24, 2008 was received by me on 9/16/08. a phone call was placed with t-mobile customer service and a question arose on the shipping charges reflected on the invoice. a letter was faxed to your hq, whereby after the receipt of the fax to your office, ms. young left a message stating, the afore mentioned, (i.e. items ordered by me. within the message, her message indicated and led to believe, the shipping charges would be credited and the final bill would be to the amount of $75.54. her voice mail also indicated these were removed as a “courtesy”. as you may imagine, most consumers do expect a corrected invoice and normally wait in the mail so as to pay and show evidence the amount paid is correct. this avoid futures misunderstandings with payees.
2. on october 5th, 2008 i received an invoice with a “past due” inference and the amount of $75.54 was confirmed within the letter. in the meantime, numerous automated telephone calls were being received on my voicemail at home stating the bill was past due.
3. on october 7th, 2008, a statement was received with a “past due” notice. as you will notice the date indicated on this is september 30th, 2008. as you will notice the due date for the previous bill was indicated as september 24th – and the date for this statement is not even 4 business days later. nevertheless, a payment was made on october 7th and posted, by my bank, as completed on october 8th, 2008.
4. on october 9th, 2008, another invoice for $75.54 was received stating indicating “this is your final notice and the next step would be collections.” again, notice the date of the october 6th, 2008!!!

Mr. dotson based on the history transactions and results listed below, you may concur with me, an invoice reflecting the corrected amount is the minimum any consumer would wait for before generating a payment.

1. past history of the phone calls back and forth
2. the nightmares of the defective cell phones
3. major mess ups with my laptop
4. erasing of my contacts several times from my cell phone

in this case even more when the past history is so nebulous and plenty of cause for a consumer to have the assurances the transactions, credits and follow-ups to complaints are posted with clear evidence to the consumer (i.e. paper). a simple telephone message by ms. young stating an amount, is not sufficient evidence the matter has been properly handled.

I would also your cooperation in verifying the information prior to hassling consumers with unwarranted phone calls and automated invoices for “incorrect transaction histories”.
Mr. dotson, it is unfortunate; the experiences are still negative with t-mobile and evidenced once again with the final transaction. these types of experiences are the ones which alienates consumers vs. building loyal consumers. as can be evidenced with the current market crisis, excellent customer service is the driving force in today’s market which builds loyalty to a company.
All cooperation to finalize and put to rest on this matter are appreciated. i would also request this matter of “resolution and final closure” be put in writing. it is an unfortunate request i make now, yet based on the past history, this is unavoidable.

I appreciate your cooperation and look forward to receiving the finalized confirmation in writing from t-mobile.

Sincerely,
Lourdes tsukada
Cc: cole brodman (chief technology and innovation officer); brian kirkpatrick(executive vice president and chief financial officer); dave miller (senior vice president and general counsel); susan nokes (chief customer and operations officer); neville ray (senior vice president, engineering operations); manuel sousa (senior vice president and chief people officer); rob strickland (senior vice president and chief information officer)

• Re
    register this Jun 27, 2009

I have been a T-mobile customer for 4yrs. THEY SUCK ! I HATE being HARRASSED by their computer calling my cellphone at random times, including early in the morning and late in the evening.

The "service" is marginal and overpriced, it takes 15 minutes or more "on hold" to get a human being on the phone, but --

I'm calling them tomorrow, and giving them 1 week to decide if they want me to keep paying these damned HIGH BILLS of $80 or $90 for the very SMALL amount of time I spend on the the phone.

If they refuse to insure that I will not be CONTINUALLY HARASSED SEVERAL TIMES PER DAY if my payment of the bill is late

I'm quitting them.

F*ck t-mobile.

rudy and aggressive customer service

I have Suncom and the telephone customer support was always top notch. Friendly, caring people that never brought the worse out in me. T-Mobile has since taken over Suncom. I called last night due to the fact my internet browser on my phone would not connect to the internet. I called T-mobile to get assistance. The aggressive woman who answered the phone asked for the last 4 digits of the person's social which is my wife. From day one, I was put on the account and given permission to make any and all decisions I wanted to. The Suncom representative told me I could use my last 4 when I called customer service on the account. I had to call Suncom several time to resolve problems and since I was on the account, I was always helped using the last 4 digits of my SSN. Now, they won't. The idiot told me she saw my name and that I was able to make decisions on the account, but still would not assist me because I could not remember the last 4 of my wife's SSN. Then she became loud and mean ever so refusing to help me. I asked to talk to her supervisor and she then informed me she could "guarantee" the supervisor would agree with her (they must be good friends).

You should really think twice before using T-mobile. Their telephone support was the worst ever, PERIOD!

• Em
    Email Customer Care Oct 11, 2008

T-Mobile has outsourced their email customer care to a company named NCO. NCO's center in Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada has been where ALL your emails have been coming from for a long time.

Now they have sent all the emails to the PHILIPPINES! Get ready for your email and webchat customer care to be coming from Filipino people! HAHA. I thought T-Mobile would never go offshore? They do through NCO. You thought your customer care was bad before?!

text messaging

After the merge with Sun Com, apparently customers have been receving outrageous phone bills for text messaging. Me included! $750 for over 3000 text messages. I found other people with the same problem on line. The number [protected] is what is on the bill for outgoing only text messages. We are looking for more people with this same problem. Right now, this is only affecting people in the North and South Carolina area. T-Mobile has been absolutely no help with rude customer service. T-Mobile was not our choice for cellular service. We were with Suncom. Go to 800notes.com to find out more information.

• Em
    Email Customer Care Oct 11, 2008

bad customer service

On Friday, October 3, 2008, I applied for an account online, stating that I wished to port my mobile number...

poor service, misrepresentation, retaliation, refusal to release numbers

Misrepresented terms of plan we purchased; told we could add up to two more lines at any time on our contract. (later told that each addition of a line constituted a new tw0-year contract) When the poor quality phones that we were initially provided in their promotional effort to get new business decomposed, we were told we would have to pay about $200 for a new phone or enter into a new tw0-year contract. (get the theme?) At that point, we wanted to cancel the contract but were told we would have to wait until the end of the two-year period or pay an early cancellation fee. We were told to send that request IN WRITING 30 days before the end of the contract, that a phone call would not suffice. When we did that several months later and 30 days before the end of our contract, we were sent a notice that we had to CALL instead. When we replied that we were following directives and that this was the reason we were through with T-Mobile, they continued to contact us by email. Then we were told that the two lines we had added had new tw0-year contracts and could not be cancelled without an early cancellation fee. Finally, T-Mobile sent a letter to us that they were cancelling our lines (all four) and that we would be billed through September 30, 2008. However, on September 29, 2008, they refused to release our numbers to our new carrier. On September 30, they cancelled our lines, though they expect us to pay THROUGH September 30. We now have no phone numbers and no way for our elderly father to reach us. All efforts to resolve this have been head-banging experiences. Thanks, T-Mobile. You get the Black Hat Award for 2008 for despicable service and insufferably knot-headed personnel.

• Al
    Algonquinjcalhoun Mar 26, 2010

You sound Arab or Middle Eastern. You don't count and no one wants to hear about it. GO to Cricket, which is where 99% of IUD's use for bombs. And you can be traced. And sent to Kazakstan. Phew, that would suck.

rebate fraud

My name Is Philippe, I bought a Blackberry 8320 curve over two months ago now.on the 9/24/08 i recieved a letter from tmobile concerning my rebate form stated that: "we regret that we are unable to process your request as received.This rebate offer requires activation on a tmobile voice rate plan having a value of 34.99 or higher...etc.Now! my questions are:
how come when i purchased the plan and the phone none of the sale representatives that i spoke to never bother to mention anything about the conditions on the rebate? even more, why they simply handled me my rebate form when "I SUPPOSE" they already know they i had to add a certain features on my plan in order to collect the money for my rebate? This is what i was told this morning when i called tmobile rebate customer care #[protected].So far, all this seem understandable. however, when i was transfered to the supervisor her name i believe is Morgan and she was going though my rebate form with me, letting me know about the conditions on that form etc, but my rebate is missing a lot of informations that she was mentioning.i kept telling her i've the same rebate form that i sent to her two months ago and any of what she was telling me was on my form.for over 5 minutes i was on the phone with her trying to persuade her about my rebate form that she clearly stated that the form that i sent her had all the informations concerning the rebate when i know for sure that the exact copy that i have in my possession right now is totally different.Well guess what? she hang up on me. i called back again, my mistake i got her on the phone again because the representative told me she was not available and she was going to transfer me to a different supervisor.HEY LUCKY ME! i was going over the same thing again with her, after a few minutes she started yelling at me because i was not able to agree with her on the information she was giving me on my rebate.well! i did not want to waste any of her time i simply told her thanks for her time. But i can guarantee her and tmobile this is not the end of it.

• Sp
    SpankyD Oct 03, 2008

dear sir. i understand your frustration when you feel you have been mislead by a store represenative. However there are a few things i would like to share with you. Firstly it is not the stores responsibilty to read you the terms and conditions of a rebate form. this is you responsibilty to review the condtions prior to mailing it in. Secondly when you rebate is received the infomation is scanned and the image is saved. therefore we have the original image of the form you mailed in with your handwriting on it (not some generic form). If we can see it on the form you mailed in and you cant then maybe you need to get either your eyes or you head checked. and morgan is one of the best reps we have so maybe try trashing a newbie next time and not a tenured employee

sandra Oct 16, 2008

I am very frustrated with my latest dealing with T-mobile. When my contract was expired on July, 2008. I went shop on internet, Wirefly-T-mobile. I was expecting $25.00 per month for 3 phone lines and unlimited text msg and internet connect for my college son. I was contacted T-mobile, make sure I am really getting the right price and services. The guy told me the price is right. But, my monthly bill did not came down to reflect the $25.00 saving per month. Today, Oct 15, 08 I asked to speak to the supervisor, customer service said, she is the supervisor, nobody is higher than her. I told her, who is your boss who sign your paycheck. She said, she has no boss. I told her to have T-mobile management to send me a letter. She told me she does not do that. She told me to call back again. Do I need to pay for the bill? I think they have the power to cut off my service if I do pay the bill.

• Tm
    tmobile disgusted Apr 11, 2009

I too purchaesd the tmobile plan with the blackberry 8220 and did not receive any rebates this includes the 50 dollar for my duaghters sidekick and 50 dollars for my wifes motorola w990 and my 100 dollars for my blackberry8220 I think someone internally is stealing these cards and spending the money on themselves. When you call up too complain they give you the volleyball treatment back and forth back and forth. I have never been circle jerked so good in my life as when I call these folks they plan stupid and are stupid

cell phone service

Let them know how you feel

Greg Pressly
Vice President - Customer Care
+1.214.265.2550
[protected]@metropcs.com

MetroPCS Communications, Inc. 8144 Walnut Hill Ln Ste 800
Dallas, TX [protected]
USA

Joanne Weiss Aug 13, 2013

I have had three Metro PCS Smart phones. None have worked right. I get a lot of feed back, My phone call messages are not stored and can not receive them often
    The phone numbers often are wrong when they are saved, thus I call the wrong number
    The number entered to save is not the number I am calling.
    I get cut off often.
    Poor service, as Metro employees can not fix my cell phone, or they do not know how.
    The employees do not seem to have adequate knowledge of the cell phone, especially the smart phones.
    I can not make a payment on my cell with *99. I can not make a payment on line, won't accept it for some stupid reason. Now I have to get in my car and go to the store to make my payment...stupid and useless. why can they not get their ### together?????

• Sh
    Sheron Ramdhanny Jan 03, 2016

I have service since October 2015 and having problem since January 1, 2016. I had another carrier for over 13 years and never had a problem like this. My number is 281-989-2907 a LG phone. It show only EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY AND BEEN ON SEARCH ever since. Please contact me at 340-719-3606. I suffered long enough.

Resolved customer service of t-mobile for exchage of a faulty handset

I bought Motorola Rizr phone from T-Mobile which is still under warranty. It suddenly stopped working and T-Mobile agreed to exchage the phone. Talked to Dona and Ashley from T-Mobile for almost an hour and half. They want to force me to pay for two way shipment. Besides they offered to exchange this faulty phone with another possibly used phone on which max warranty would be 90 days rather than one year. New phone comes with warranty of a year but they denied to offer it. Rather than paying for hassle, they wanted to get more money from me. At the end I was told that they will give 400 extra minutes worth 160$. Rather than that I requested just to waive off shipment cost for which they denied. I also offerred that I will collect exchanged phone from nearest T-Mobile dealer so that I do not have to pay for shipment but they did not agree to that either !! I bought a phone from dealer and so should I be able to get it exchanged through dealer. It is not written that I can not do that but they do not want to agree to that option or any other option rather than forcing me to pay more. When I suggested to pick up a replacement phone from dealer, I was asked 2-3 times that if I want my phone to be exchanged or not !! I certainly did not like such sarcastic threat and customer service experience. I am still under one year of contract so I am stuck with T-Mobile till then.

mad Jan 28, 2009

I purchased a Samsung Behold cell phone from TMobile for Xmas, within one week the microphone stopped working, I returned the phone to my local TMobile center and to my surprise I was not given a new phone as a replacement but a refurbished phone. This after paying $100 and not to mention the manufacturing warranty that should have been honored. Now here is the best part; I gave the sales rep my social security number and my American Express card number to qualify and purchase the phone, only to find out that my identity had been stolen. I presume one of the TMobile reps stole my numbers and tried to assume my identity. I received a credit report alert stating that my address, phone, place of employment had been changed to an address unknown to me. I also got a call from American Express confirming my new address that I did not change. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE YOUR SOCIAL TO ANY TMOBILE REPs, AND DO NOT BUY FROM TMOBILE IF THE WARRANTY IS TO REPLACE A NEW PHONE WITH A REFURBISHED PHONE!!!

• Ca
    Cayenne923 Oct 03, 2009

Here's how it goes. You have a phone under warranty. T-Mobile's obligation is to supply you with a working phone of equal value. It does not have to be brand new. You have used your phone. So you are exchanging your used defective phone for a refurbished working phone. Seems pretty fair to me. Look at it this way: if you buy a new car, drive it for 6 months then trade it, your trade value would not be worth what you paid for it because it is used. And just as the dealer would not reimburse you for the gas you used to drive the car to the lot, T-Mobile does not pay to ship your phone. All of this is in the terms and conditions you received when you received the phone. I encourage you to read any paperwork or literature you receive when you enter into a business relationship with a company. Also, fyi, it's not that the reps were being difficult by not allowing you to go into the store to swap your phone. They just can't do that per policy. I hope you do get a working phone soon. Go ahead and do the warranty exchange. Call back and ask very nicely if they will credit the shipping as a one time courtesy. They probably will if you're nice about it.

333 message

I went to t-mobile on-line because i received an text that said i message from... i went to the web site and did not see anything about messages. I sent a customer service request as well as directly responding to text. I have not received any reply or acknowledge for my request.

Reed Friedman.

• Ne
    Neverquit Sep 04, 2008

log in to my.t-mobile.com, go to my services, go to album, it should be a picture you received

Resolved scam and theft

I have been with T-Mobile for past 2 years. I have trusted them so much that I even signed up for automated billing after a few months that I joined them. I constantly receive a monthly bill of around 48 dollars. For past two months, my bills have been outrageously high. For the month of june, they charged me 166.70 and for the month of July, they charged me 441.34.

I did not notice it last month but this month, because of the huge month, the bill got my attention and I contacted T-mobile about the same. They said the bills were because of the international charges. I explained them that I have used a phone card to call internationally and these charges should not have been there. They refused to take these charges off my account.

I have used the same calling card for past 1 year and never had a problem. In fact, for the month of June, i can clearly see that in some instances, it shows the calls being made from calling card. For the calls they said I made internationally, I can clearly see that i dialed calling card number just before these calls. After talking to them the second time, the manager agreed to take off half the charges as a matter of 'Good Will' but I still don't understand why i need to pay for the calls I never made.

I canceled the service immediately and will never sign up with T-mobile again. I will inform the student body at university of memphis, where I went to graduate school that they boycott TMobile. I will do the same at Washington University where I presently work.

cell phone in iraq

Letter to Sue Nokes, CCOO of T-Mobile

Sue:
I added a second line to my account with T-Mobile so that a very close friend of mine could call home whenever he wanted to without having to stand in line at the MVC on base in Talil, Iraq. When he received the phone in the mail from me he immediately tried to call me and couldn't get through. He tried on several occasions to call, but was always cut off by the Iraqi carrier that would route him to the T-Mobile Messaging center in the U.S.

Nevertheless, after one month or less of trying to use the phone, sent it back to me. I called T-Mobile to give the phone back and let them know that the service they said we'd receive was never received and that I wanted to turn the phone off. I was quickly told that my phone bill for that phone was $333.17 (I believe that's the exact penny amount) and that bill needed to be reconciled. I was stunned to learn that there were actual charges for usage of the phone and had to investigate. Come to find out those charges were for every dropped call ( less than 3 seconds of a call trying to go through ) that my friends made. Those calls were charged and no one ever even had a conversation. Those were all calls that were routed to the T-Mobile Messaging Center and chalked up as conversations = minutes used where calls go through. Not the case.

After finally getting several of those calls taken off the bill ( over a 4 week period of time, where I spoke to 4 T-Mobile customer reps) I asked them to turn the phone off and we'll call it a failed attempt to communicate via cell from Iraq to the U.S. I was again quickly reminded that I would have to pay $200 to have that wish granted.

All the while this ordeal is going on over the Iraq phone, T-Mobile preceded to turn off my cell phone( which was paid up in full and had all my minutes available to me ). This is the cell phone on my business cards and the only number that my consultants use to reach me during the day. I was without a phone for them for 2 weeks. Not to mention it's my HOME phone too.

I paid the phone bill for the second line off once they lowered the cost for bogus calls and my cell was then turned back on. Yet, there is the lingering $200 left that needs to be paid so that the additional phone line is cut off. I'm sorry, but this is where I draw the line with this entire situation. Since I have not paid the $200 to turn off the Iraq phone ( and my cell phone is again paid for in full and the minutes unused ) again, my cell phone is shut off. This is the 2nd week I've been without my phone. Again, I have over 45 consultants that work for me as IT Developers, Network Admins, etc and have zero way for them to reach me when I'm in the field.

All of this wrapped up, means this to me:

I purchased a phone for a U.S. Soldier who has been at war in Iraq now for 2 years. I've been a T-Mobile customer since T-Mobile bought VoiceStream, where I was grandfathered in and had the choice to leave, but decided to stay with T-Mobile. I've been a loyal customer to T-Mobile that long and for that over a phone line that never worked I being treated as though you don't give one care in the world whether or not I'm your customer and have been for many many years. Stunned. I live in Little Rock, Ar and the CEO of Alltel is a close family friend. I've had the opportunity to go with them for years now and still stayed with T-Mobile.

Because I'm sickly disturbed by T-Mobile's absurd customer service practices I decided to turn this over today to Arkansas Congressman Vic Snyder, a veteran congressman and U.S. Army Veteran and as well, a family friend that is really surprised that a cell phone carrier would behave this way over a phone for a U.S. Soldier that never worked. He has copies of the bills that dictate the phone lines, charges, payments, etc and a 5 page statement from me and the U.S. Soldier in Iraq with regard to the situation I just told you about.

Before whomever he decides to speak with out this, I thought I might Google the Customer Service Manager for T-Mobile and see what comes up and try to communicate with them. I learned that you must be the highest ranking manager, so I've sent this request to you.

I'm asking that my cell phone is turned back on and the $200 charge waived. I'm seriously confused on why this is such a tall task. Is this a case yourself can take care of?

Brandy J . H.

• Ra
    ray webber Nov 17, 2007

i recently rec'd my current cell phone bill which was extremely high because i hav a pre-teen who abused our shared minutes last month. i'm aware of this bill and do not dispute anything on it. however, my sevice was interrupted a few weeks b4 my due date. there is no spending limit and no previous balance. but i was shut off "due to UNUSUAL HIGH ACTIVITY"!!!!! THEY OFFERED ME A BIGGER PLAN (WHICH I DECLINED) but they wanted me to pay before my due date or my service would be interrupted. i was fully aware of my UNUSUSL HIGH ACTIVITY and was ready to submit my payment when it was due but instead they, supervisor and everyone refused to cut back on my service. if there is no spending limit on my contract, why would you cut my sevice off if i am fully aware of my bill?! t-mobile is not an honest cellular service and i will change my sevice ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!