T-Mobile / deceptive billing process

1 CA, United States Review updated:

At the time of signing up with T-Mobile for a family plan, I was told clearly and repeatedly that there is NO activation fee. Unfortunately, the bill shows otherwise, there is US$140 activation fee. I immediately contacted T-Mobile billing department. They declined to provide credit to my account; they told me to contact the agent instead. The matter is still unresolved after making contact to the agent. As a consumer and customer, why should I have to go through these inconvenience to fight for their elusive mistake? I strongly believe this is a policy of deception; this type of business conduct is unacceptable and detrimental... It has never been any similar painful experience with AT&T or Verizon in the past!

Comments

• Th
      26th of Oct, 2009

totally agree...t mobile is the worst, they love to send fraud bills to customers, im a victim of that..
    thilini kalinga

• Co
      1st of Nov, 2009

I have had been lied to By T-Mobil, after previously being a Flex Family Plan member, I decide to not continue my service. It was my understanding that with the Flex Plan if I did not pay for the service I would not have it. After reciveing several bills for high dollar amount, I allow my service to be terminated. Just recently I deceide to try them One more time, I went to a down town Indianapolis T-mobil store and I inquired what I would have to pay restart my service. I was told if I select one of the new plans then they would wave the previous charges for early termination of my Flex-family plan. I paid the agreed upon amoun signed what I thought was a new agreement with new terms to have my service turned-off less than 7 hours later. and told that I now owe for the termination of my flex family plan, minus the money I paid for what I understood to be a new agreement.