T Mobile / terrible company

T mobile blackberry wireless uma service is a sham. I purchased the blackberry curve from t-mobile for one reason only, they were the only company that offered an option where you could make calls via wireless through their UMA feature. As i travel internationally frequently and this service was recommended to me by someone else that had been using it, i purchased it.

This was in March of 2008. It worked fine for several months. I am in 20 inches away from my wireless router most of the day. All of a sudden, I start getting very large phone bills and my UMA feature is no longer working. I spent close to 5 hours talking to different techs ar tmobile trying to determine he cause of it all to no avail. I as most people have a hectic life and can't afford to spend endless hours on the phone with techs that can't help.

After receiving another huge phone bill, i called tmobile and after another 7 hours or so of dealing, with 'customer service' reps and techs, i come to find out that T mobile discontinued the compatibility with belkin routers (the one i use). Again, my UMA service worked just fine until all of a sudden, my bill goes through the roof. I spoke to supervisor Sherry. She credited part of the bill but not all of the overage. I explained that i was not happy as this is not what was sold to me and it sounded like classic bait and switch. They disabled the service so they could bill me on overage. I asked to have it escalated to the highest level because i am sure i am not the only person this has happened to. She then gave me supervisor Roland badge number [protected] who was no help. I asked to speak to his supervisor and was promised a call back. I have yet to receive this call.

This seems to be a very simple bait and switch. They sold me a service that worked for a while and all of a sudden, that service no longer works and i am charge huge overage fees. Does this sound like a class action lawsuit? I plan on filing complaints with the FCC and all other agencies I can think of. If there is a lawyer out there that sees this as a potential issue, please contact me.

Sh

Comments

• Pl
      7th of Oct, 2009

This is a widespread problem, and it's questionable whether T-Mobile should even be allowed to charge a monthly fee for UMA service. Also, a lot of people were sold the Blackberry with the claim that it lets you do "Skype" calling, or free calls from wifi without mentioning that unless the monthly fee was paid, T-Mobile would bill as if it were regular air time.

If you are interested in joing a class action against T-Mobile, please contact Joshua at greenmountainlegal@gmail.com