Subway / disgusting handling of food

I went to the Subway next to the Albertson's on the corner of Blubonnet and Burbank in Baton Rouge. It was about 2 PM Sat. April 25th. First thing when I walked in it was hot. There were 2 people ahead of me. The 2 people making the sandwiches were sweating. One of them had their child behind the counter. I watched her and the other girl made sandwich after sandwich without changing gloves or washing their hands! She took her gloves off to ring up the customers and put the sam gloves back on. How disgusting is that! then I asked if she was goiing to change her gloves and she got an attitude with me. She told me she did not have to change her gloves. I also forgot to mention that at the same time they were making sandwiches they were grabbing handles on the frig and the container where they keep the bread . After she got attitude with me the other girl who had just wiped the sweat from her forehead with her gloved hand stuck her hand in my sandwich. Needless to say I told them to keep the sandwich.

Comments

Ro
  26th of Apr, 2009

You know the subway near me i eat at twice a week, recently i've ben noticing their glove use as well. They wear them to do EVERYTHING. Then prepare your food with them! I think they think the gloves are just so their hands don't get dirty. from opening that bread cabinet to wiping down the counter where they prepare everything etc they still wear the same ole gloves. its uncomfortable to tell someone to change their gloves.

I agree its gross and its turning me off Subway now.. as soon as i start thinking about my foods cleanliness more than the food itself, i start thinking of finding another lunch spot