Steak 'n Shake Enterprises / every aspect of the experience

1 Knoxville, TN, United States

I went to the steak and shake in turkey Creek located in Knoxville, TN on 12/28/17. The experience was awful from the beginning. There were a total of three cars in line including me, two being in front of me. It took almost ten minutes just to get up to take my order. Which is hardly acceptable in a sit down restaurant, much less something that is considered fast food. Finally, it is my turn and I am eager to order, only to have the rude girl on the microphone tell me to hold for a sec. As another five minutes go by, I finally get to order. Even the order process was a painful expierence. I place my order and start to proceed expecting to see a busy drive thru and to my surprise not a single car was in front of me. Almost as if they had to completely serve one car at a time, from placing the order to driving off. I ordered the western BBQ burger, which I normally love, and a large parmesan fries. The girl who was working hardly said a word but to utter the total cost. I gave her the money and received my change. During the process half of my coin was dropped on the ground between my car and the window and not even an "I'm sorry". I finally get my food and again not a word, not a thank you, come again or anything. She might as well just thrown the food into the car at this point. The total process took at least 20 min. I am frustrated by this point and wanted to call the number on my receipt to explain my frustrations. Apparently everyone in the country was calling at the same time. I was on hold for 25 minutes before I decided to hang up, long enough to make it through the crowded shopping strip mall and all the way home. Finally, I am home and get to enjoy what I waited all this time for. WRONG, and so was my order. I ordered a triple and got a double. Also, the western BBQ is supposed to come with little crispy onion strings, but instead in place is diced onions. I would have rather had no onion. I normally enjoy steak n shake, in fact, I used to work at the one in Powell, TN on Emory Rd. My manager would have been furious if even one of these occurred. Needless to say, I will not be returning to that location.

Th