Steak And Shake / horrific experience

I received a horrific level of service at Steak and shake in Georgesville Square. Sunday May 27, 2007. Our party of 8 began to arrive at approximately 8:30 pm. We were seated fairly quickly. A gentleman by the name of Rick came to take our order all of our party had not yet arrived so he took drink orders and brought some of us our drinks. About ½ hour later the rest of our party arrived and Rick came back to get our order. While we were waiting for our food we noticed that another group was leaving stating that the service was terrible as usual at this location no one had even came by to take drink orders and they were not going to wait any longer. Then we noticed people who came in after us also larger groups were getting their food and we were not. My friend who is diabetic asked how much longer it would be because she needed to eat ASAP due to taking her medication. The waiter rudely said he did not know that they were 6 people understaffed and she would just have to wait. She asked the female manager if she could have a bowl of cottage cheese that she would pay for and she was told no. Not only had we still not received our food but some of our party had still not received any drinks and when I asked for them as well as refills for he rest of us Rick yelled at me and said he was only one person and that he was under staffed and never offered to get us our drinks. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and get them myself. When I went behind the counter they had only 2 clean glasses and the place was a mess. Rick came out and said that I was not allowed back there. At this point I was very aggravated and asked him where I could get more glasses so my friends could have their drinks. He said that they didn’t have any and that he should make me leave because I was violating some policy and he was going to call someone in you organization to report my actions. I calmly told him that I should leave anyway because of the level of service I was receiving in which he replied he was sorry and would keep my violation a secret just between he and I and not make me leave. At this point I had all but lost my appetite for your food and encouraged my party to leave. We left at about 10:30. On the way out some of our party asked about the food the waiter said it would not be out until after they were done with another tables order.

Steak 'n Shake Enterprises Logo Steak 'n Shake Enterprises